PDA

View Full Version : Time to put it out there...prediction time

BlastFurnace
01-02-2008, 01:54 PM
Steelers 31
Jaguars 17

I think our boys have one more left in them and something to prove.

Big7BenHOF
01-02-2008, 02:13 PM
Steelers: 20
Jaguars: 13

Michael Keller
01-02-2008, 02:23 PM
Steelers 27

Jags 17

fansince'76
01-02-2008, 02:24 PM
Steelers - 27
Jaguars - 24

steelpride12
01-02-2008, 02:26 PM
Steelers-31
Jags-27

eafratitpm3
01-02-2008, 02:32 PM
I know I will get blasted for this but:

Jax-34
Pitt-30

I'm a huge Steeler fan but I really don't believe our D is playing with any emotion or confidence. I would like nothing more than to apologize to the Steeler Nation when Pittsburgh does win.

alittlejazzbird
01-02-2008, 02:32 PM
Jags 28
Steelers 24

And I'll gladly line up to eat my humble pie if I'm wrong and we win!!!!

Atlanta Dan
01-02-2008, 02:46 PM
Jags 30
Steelers 20

Run D is in ruins and Ben is working with a backup RB & a third string LT

83-Steelers-43
01-02-2008, 02:47 PM
Jaguars - 27

Steelers - 10

For obvious reasons.

Jeremy
01-02-2008, 02:48 PM
Jacksonville 27
Pittsburgh 23

Lord Stiller
01-02-2008, 02:59 PM
Big Ben carries team on his back

Steelers 31
Jags 27

plenewken
01-02-2008, 03:01 PM
Sorry but based on how the Steelers played since November, I don't see us win this game. I'll be the first to admit I was wrong if we win and I'll be happy to do so.

Jacksonville 30
Steelers 26

MACH1
01-02-2008, 03:04 PM
Ben can't do it all by himself.

jags 30
steelers 20

fdp
01-02-2008, 03:06 PM
Steelers 28
Jags 27

Close game but we come out with the win in the end

RoethlisBURGHer
01-02-2008, 03:09 PM
Jagoffs 17
Steelers 21

Steeldude
01-02-2008, 03:15 PM
jaguars - 24
steelers - 13

memphissteelergirl
01-02-2008, 03:28 PM
Steelers 24
Jags 14

Will be a close game until late in 3rd...Ben will have 300+ yds passing...

iloveben7
01-02-2008, 03:30 PM
Ben will have an amazing day leading the Steelers to a victory

Steelers 31
Jaguars 21

It will be a close game at the half, but we take off in the 2nd half

Dino 6 Rings
01-02-2008, 03:38 PM
Steelers 30
Jags 16

we keep them out of the endzone til late in the game and force them to kick fieldgoals in exchange for our touchdowns. Not often does a first time QB have a big game in his first playoff game. Not sure this Jags QB is going to kill us deep and I'm positive we will have an answer for the running game.

HometownGal
01-02-2008, 03:48 PM
Sorry, but with all of the injuries and both Ben and Troy not being at 100%, along with all of the other issues others have mentioned in this thread, I gotta go with -

Jags 31
Steelers 23

I'm with you jazzy - if the Steelers win, I'll be here to eat a quadruple crow burger. I am praying we are both wrong here.

TroysBadDawg
01-02-2008, 03:51 PM
21-14 Steelers

Darn ... have to cheer for our division.

Now what was I drinking?????

ChronoCross
01-02-2008, 03:56 PM
Pretty sad. Steeler fans giving us no hope. We have never been beat twice in are house in one season ever by the same team. Its bad enough media and other fans put us down but now are own fans not standing by us. Your not true fans, you never bet against your own team. If you say you bleed black and gold but yet put us to loose this game. Everyone that bets against us that says there a Steelers fan should just go jump off a bridge and if they survive change there team.

Atlanta Dan
01-02-2008, 04:02 PM
Pretty sad. Steeler fans giving us no hope. We have never been beat twice in are house in one season ever by the same team. Its bad enough media and other fans put us down but now are own fans not standing by us. Your not true fans, you never bet against your own team. If you say you bleed black and gold but yet put us to loose this game. Everyone that bets against us that says there a Steelers fan should just go jump off a bridge and if they survive change there team.

Let's just say I respectfully disagree with your analysis - we are being asked to predict who will win the game, not who we want to win the game.

The contention that I am not a "true fan" if I do not always say everything is wonderful and that the Steelers are always going to win is, among other things, tiresome.

19ward86
01-02-2008, 04:03 PM
45-17 jags

jags wont let up, they wont have too because their fullback greg jones will probably have about 100 yds rushing, maybe 200.

ChronoCross
01-02-2008, 04:04 PM
Let's just say I respectfully disagree with your analysis - we are being asked to predict who will win the game, not who we want to win the game.

The contention that I am not a "true fan" if I do not always say everything is wonderful and that the Steelers are always going to win is, among other things, tiresome.

Dan I do not care if we loose 16 games. You never pick are predict against your own team you believe in.

Newzfoxjr
01-02-2008, 04:07 PM
Steelers 35, Jags 31

Basically somewhat of a shootout. I think the scoring will be fast and furious. Obviously I hope we are more fast and furious in that department, but who knows.

ShutDown24
01-02-2008, 04:23 PM
Steelers - 27
Jaguars - 10

The Jaguars are the flavor of the month, nothing more . I am surprised at how many of you they have fooled.

Atlanta Dan
01-02-2008, 04:31 PM
Steelers - 27
Jaguars - 10

The Jaguars are the flavor of the month, nothing more . I am surprised at how many of you they have fooled.

They certainly fooled me three weeks ago when the Steelers still had Parker and were not starting Essex.

19ward86
01-02-2008, 04:31 PM
Steelers - 27
Jaguars - 10

Flavor of the month? where have you been all season, they have been above average in every catagory, which is impressive. even we havnt been above average in every catagory, nor the pats.

ShutDown24
01-02-2008, 04:37 PM
Flavor of the month? where have you been all season, they have been above average in every catagory, which is impressive. even we havnt been above average in every catagory, nor the pats.

We have been above average in a lot of categories all year long. Does that mean we are a great team? If that is your reasoning it is contradictory.

They certainly fooled me three weeks ago when the Steelers still had Parker and were not starting Essex.

I think you will all see the real Jaguars team Saturday night. The Jaguars team that in their wins averages only a 6 point differential. That is compared to the Steelers who win by almost an average of twenty points per win. All that means is that when both teams are playing their best football, the Jags aren't even close to the Steelers level. Even with injuries, Pittsburgh is a much better team.

I don't expect many of you have actually seen the Jaguars play very much outside of that game a couple weeks ago so I am going to fill you in on something... Jacksonville is the ultimate smoke and mirrors team. They get hot for a few weeks every season, nearly make or do make the playoffs, everyone falls in love with them, and they get favored and fail. The Jaguars play up. When they are favored (As they are Saturday by three points) they lose. They can play the best team in the league one week and win, then lose to the Saints or Titans the following week (Both of which they did lose to this year). That may seem similiar to our 2007 Steelers, and it is. But the Jags have done this for about 5 years in a row now and I don't see it stopping with that team.

POINT: The bigger that line gets, the softer Jacksonville plays.

fansince'76
01-02-2008, 04:39 PM

How do you figure? Forget about the last month, and look at the season in totality:

Steelers defense: 3rd against the rush, 3rd against the pass, #1 overall in yardage allowed and #2 in points allowed.

Jaguars defense: 11th against the rush, 15th against the pass, #12 in overall yardage allowed, and #10 in points allowed.

I realize they're playing better football at the moment and are healthier, but to say the Jags have been "above average all season in every category" whereas we haven't is patently FALSE.

SteelersJW
01-02-2008, 04:40 PM
Hey, all of you that predicted a Steelers loss to the Jag-offs, I am hereby questioning your fanhood. We must stick with our beloved Steelers no matter how great the foe. If there's one reason we'll win this game it's because we have #7 behind center, leading our team to victory on Saturday. Jacksonville look out for BEN!!!

Jeremy
01-02-2008, 04:44 PM

OFF TOPIC!

BlastFurnace
01-02-2008, 04:51 PM
Hey, all of you that predicted a Steelers loss to the Jag-offs, I am hereby questioning your fanhood. We must stick with our beloved Steelers no matter how great the foe. If there's one reason we'll win this game it's because we have #7 behind center, leading our team to victory on Saturday. Jacksonville look out for BEN!!!

That is ridiculous. If the Steelers win this weekend and San Diego takes care of Tennessee...are you going to question the fanhood of nearly everyone if we all pick New England to beat the Steelers? Better yet, will you pick the Steelers to beat the Patriots if we get that far?

Come clean....is this Anthony Smith posting?

HometownGal
01-02-2008, 04:59 PM
People - c'mon. Just because several of us PREDICT that the Jags will beat our beloved Steelers doesn't mean that we love them or support them any less. I am the most optimistic person in the world (which I've been called on many times on this board) but I'm also a realist. Ben & Co. can put up 20+ points on the scoreboard, but with the Steelers D as depleted as it is - and add on both a Ben and a Troy that are NOT 100% - I can't, in good conscence, predict a Steelers W. It hurt like hell to make that prediction, but that's all it is - a prediction. Predictions, like opinions, have a 50% chance of being proven wrong. :thumbsup:

That being said, I'll be waving my TT all throughout the game no matter what and screaming my lungs out cheering on our Steelers. :tt02:

7/39/43
01-02-2008, 05:31 PM
27-9 STEELERS

LVSteelersfan
01-02-2008, 05:36 PM
Garrard is going to fold like a cheap card table on the road in his first playoff game. The Steelers will be playing with fire, staying in their damn gaps and slow down that running game. Ben will play lights out and Najeh is going to show that he is ready to carry the load for one game to let the Steelers grind out the clock and win the game. I predict Steelers 28 Jags 21.

Dino 6 Rings
01-02-2008, 05:38 PM
GO STEELERS!!!

Agreed, their non-playoff experience having QB vs our veteran playoff experience superbowl ring wearing defense.

We'll shut down their run game early, force them to pass, and that'll be the end of them.

83-Steelers-43
01-02-2008, 05:39 PM
Hey, all of you that predicted a Steelers loss to the Jag-offs, I am hereby questioning your fanhood.

:yawn:

Anybody know of anything good on TV tonight? HBO has seriously gone downhill since the Sopranos ended.

Edman
01-02-2008, 06:02 PM
Run Defense gets shredded again by Jacksonville's two-headed monster, Arians goes run-run-pass, once again forcing Ben to carry the team on his back. Ben shows his veteran savvy and gutsy ability, leads come from behind victory while being sacked 6 times.

Jags 24, Steelers 30.

Atlanta Dan
01-02-2008, 06:32 PM
:yawn:

Anybody know of anything good on TV tonight? HBO has seriously gone downhill since the Sopranos ended.

You can watch the replay of Jags-Steelers on NFL Network at 8 pm:dang:

Cape Cod Steel Head
01-02-2008, 07:23 PM
Hope I'm wrong. Jags 27 Steelers 17

Steeldude
01-02-2008, 07:24 PM
Steelers - 27
Jaguars - 10

are you sure the steelers don't have you fooled?

Steeldude
01-02-2008, 07:32 PM
Dan I do not care if we loose 16 games. You never pick are predict against your own team you believe in.

chrono, then you are not capable of independent thoughts.

this has nothing to do with being a fan of the steelers. it's called making a prediction based on certain aspects of football. the steelers are playing poorly, overrated defense that is hurting, O-line has gotten worse due to more injuries, the jags have a strong run defense and a good running game.

that's like saying, "if you don't predict the steelers to shoutout all of their opponents you don't believe in your team". it's just ridiculous.

did you make a prediction of the score?

Steeldude
01-02-2008, 07:36 PM
Pretty sad. Steeler fans giving us no hope. We have never been beat twice in are house in one season ever by the same team.

that's a misleading stat. how many times does any team play an opponent twice in one year at home?

geo123
01-02-2008, 07:55 PM
Like I stated in another thread; the fewest pts. Jacksonville scored in the last 5 weeks was 25 against the Colts. Garrard is passing well, and their running game is also solid.
If the Steelers expect to win they will have to put up some points. I'd like to see some passing like in the Ram game from the offense. On D I think they should work on stopping the run, and challenge them to beat us passing.

stillers4me
01-02-2008, 08:01 PM
sigh...........if only if only if only...............we were relatively as healthy as we were 2 months ago. I know that team would win this game. This one is just too battered and banged up. (what's left of it). My heart tells me one thing and my head tells me another. My terrible towel will be waving madly as I hope my team puts up the good fight.

I'd never bet against my Steelers.............but I wouldn' be betting much this time. Prediction? I just can't do it.

We made it to the playoffs.....so I'm just going to enjoy it!
Here we go, Steelers, Here we go! Pittsburgh's goin' to the Suuuuuper bowl! Here we go...........:tt02:

Borski
01-02-2008, 08:10 PM
Steelers - 13
Jaguars - 13

Goes into OT Steelers win flip, 3 plays later a TD throw to Holmes
Final

Steelers - 19
Jaguars - 13

steelpride12
01-02-2008, 08:44 PM
Sorry, but i don't see our defense def. at home twice giving up a huge run day for the jags def. a home playoff game making the Jags one dimensional and the Steelers should squeak out with a 3-4 lead and win it in regulation!

revefsreleets
01-02-2008, 09:30 PM
Steelers win somewhere in the 24-17 range. No way the Jags beat us twice at home in a row.

shevdog
01-02-2008, 09:32 PM
Steelers 35
Jaguars 27

It's going to be a tough on! Can't wait to go to my first playoff game!

And way to go Crosby on that OT shoot-out goal... I know, wrong sport!

Steel Pit
01-03-2008, 01:59 AM
Steelers 13

Jaguars 7

Steel Pit
01-03-2008, 02:05 AM
45-17 jags

jags wont let up, they wont have too because their fullback greg jones will probably have about 100 yds rushing, maybe 200.

Greg Jones 100 or 200 yards rushing??????

This is the real NFL not a game of John Madden Football.

Steel Pit
01-03-2008, 02:11 AM

You're damn skippy ChronoCross. Some of these people act as if they're betting the mortgage on this game. You have to pick the Steelers. If the Steelers lose no one is going to congratulate those of you who predicted a Steelers loss.

STEELERS WIN IS A GIVEN. Now predict the freaking score!

Rhee Rhee
01-03-2008, 02:26 AM
27-17....

steelers lose...

i hate saying it

Preacher
01-03-2008, 03:05 AM
You're damn skippy ChronoCross. Some of these people act as if they're betting the mortgage on this game. You have to pick the Steelers. If the Steelers lose no one is going to congratulate those of you who predicted a Steelers loss.

Come on. There is this little thing called reality.

The reality is the fact that we are hurt, beat up, and lacking in some areas.
Jax is strong, clicking, and on a role.

Reality says Jax should win this game hands down.

My head says that will happen.

however, my heart says the Steelers will always win...no matter what.

Come Sunday... I will cheer my head off for my Steelers.

If I had to put money on it... I would take Jax at 31, Steelers 24.

My Steelers heart... Steelers come out and put the smack on them... 34-17

shovelnose
01-03-2008, 04:39 AM
Steelers 20
Jaguars 16

Galax Steeler
01-03-2008, 04:51 AM
steelers 20
jaguars 17

jjpro11
01-03-2008, 04:59 AM
45-17 jags

greg jones? lol.. i dont think he has 100 yards all season.

Steel Pit
01-03-2008, 05:32 AM

So according to your reality, the Steelers might as well forfeit the game. I know that the Steelers are banged up, I don't need it pointed out to me. With that in mind I still pick them to win. I wouldn't bet the mortgage on it but I'll throw a hundred at it.

I sure as heck hope that the Steelers don't take the field with your "reality attitude". As a Steelers fan I like to take on the same attitude as the team and that is that they can beat whomever they're lining up against. :bash:

HometownGal
01-03-2008, 07:54 AM
If the Steelers lose no one is going to congratulate those of you who predicted a Steelers loss.

OK Anthony. :wink02::flap:

I don't think any of us who predict a Steelers loss would want to be congratulated if the team falls short. We'll come in here and eat our crow as we said we would. I for one am praying that I am dead wrong and that this team plays its best game of the season on Saturday. :tt02:

Counselor
01-03-2008, 09:44 AM
Steelers 34 Jags 24.

Ben's going to come out hot and Davenport can run on this team---they're not the defensive powehouse they once were. If we keep our offensive pedal to metal like St. Louis, we can win this one. We're starting our revenge tour!

GO STEELERS!:tt02:

Jeremy
01-03-2008, 09:45 AM
So according to your reality, the Steelers might as well forfeit the game. I know that the Steelers are banged up, I don't need it pointed out to me. With that in mind I still pick them to win. I wouldn't bet the mortgage on it but I'll throw a hundred at it.

I sure as heck hope that the Steelers don't take the field with your "reality attitude". As a Steelers fan I like to take on the same attitude as the team and that is that they can beat whomever they're lining up against. :bash:

Get over yourself man. It's just a football game. You're taking all of this far too seriously.

Steel Pit
01-03-2008, 09:56 AM
Get over yourself man. It's just a football game. You're taking all of this far too seriously.

Nah man, get over yourself and get off of my jock. I understand a Cardinals fan calling it "just a football game", believe me, I UNDERSTAND! Steelers fans take football games a little more serious, at least this fan does.

Now once again Jeremy, fly on back to your nest. Be a good little Cardinal.

Jeremy
01-03-2008, 10:07 AM
Nah man, get over yourself and get off of my jock. I understand a Cardinals fan calling it "just a football game", believe me, I UNDERSTAND! Steelers fans take football games a little more serious, at least this fan does.

Now once again Jeremy, fly on back to your nest. Be a good little Cardinal.

Cardinals fan?

Either you're really dumb or really crazy, I can't decide which one it is.

Steel Pit
01-03-2008, 10:10 AM
OK Anthony. :wink02::flap:

I don't think any of us who predict a Steelers loss would want to be congratulated if the team falls short. We'll come in here and eat our crow as we said we would. I for one am praying that I am dead wrong and that this team plays its best game of the season on Saturday. :tt02:

I'll agree with all of the posts that indicate why the Steelers can't win this game but I won't agree with them until the Steelers do in fact lose this game.

It's going to be a difficult task but I truly believe that they will pull this game out. When the Steelers do win the game, I'll be serving crows feet and cardinal beek to all of the nay sayers. :hug:

Are you going to the game Gal? I'm thinking about making the trip.

HometownGal
01-03-2008, 10:10 AM
Guys please knock it off, k? Make your predictions, respect each other's opinion and move on. If you want to continue the word war, use your PM feature.

Jeremy
01-03-2008, 10:11 AM
You got it. Not another word from me.

HometownGal
01-03-2008, 10:12 AM
I'll agree with all of the posts that indicate why the Steelers can't win this game but I won't agree with them until the Steelers do in fact lose this game.

It's going to be a difficult task but I truly believe that they will pull this game out. When the Steelers do win the game, I'll be serving crows feet and cardinal beek to all of the nay sayers. :hug:

Are you going to the game Gal? I'm thinking about making the trip.

If my prediction is wrong, which I hope it is, I will gladly eat whatever crow is served (as long as it is baked with a lil' garlic butter - LOL!) :wink02: However, if I'm not wrong, I promise to keep mum.

Nope - not going. I'm more than content to watch it from the warmth of my LR this time around! :cheers:

Steel Pit
01-03-2008, 10:23 AM
Cardinals fan?

Either you're really dumb or really crazy, I can't decide which one it is.

Yes Sir, either is fine with me.

What I don't understand is why a "TEAM PRESIDENT" is granted permission to flame any forum member that he choses to flame.

Dear Mr. "Team President" Jeremy,

May I please have permission to unkindly-respond to your personal remarks of me?

Jeremy
01-03-2008, 10:24 AM
Yes Sir, either is fine with me.

What I don't understand is why a "TEAM PRESIDENT" is granted permission to flame any forum member that he choses to flame.

Dear Mr. "Team President" Jeremy,

May I have please have permission to unkindly-respond to your personal remarks of me.

The ball is now in your court HTG. I did what you asked.

Steeldude
01-03-2008, 10:25 AM
If the Steelers lose no one is going to congratulate those of you who predicted a Steelers loss.

STEELERS WIN IS A GIVEN.

no one is going to congratulate those who predicted a steelers' win either. it's a meaningless prediction.

you sound as ridiculous as anthony smith when he guaranteed a win.
no game is a given win, loss or tie.

Steel Pit
01-03-2008, 10:31 AM
Guys please knock it off, k? Make your predictions, respect each other's opinion and move on. If you want to continue the word war, use your PM feature.

Done Gal,

I was typing another reply before reading the above. I've put him on ignore so it's a done deal.

BlastFurnace
01-03-2008, 10:32 AM

This thread may have been calmer if I had asked their opinions on Global Warming.

I still think the Steelers have one more win in them this season.

Steel Pit
01-03-2008, 10:36 AM
This thread may have been calmer if I had asked their opinions on Global Warming.

I still think the Steelers have one more win in them this season.

Good stuff, lol.

YEEEE HAWWWWWWWWWW! Nice pick.

SteelDogFan
01-03-2008, 10:39 AM
This whole week I have been thinking the Jags were going to beat the Steelers again, But yesterday the game was replayed on NFL Network. Seeing how the Steelers came back and almost won that game makes me believe that they will win this one.

Add to that the fact that they lost by letting the Jags run the ball down their throats for a winning TD is something that I believe will inspire them to be so physical and and hungry I think the jags are in for a bad day.

What I do also believe is coaching will play a big roll these teams are very even one bad call on either side of the ball could cost the game.

For instance: when you come out in the second half and your team has all the momentum, your defense is shutting down the other teams O, you just scored a TD. You don't try a suprise onside kick that doesn't even travel the required ten yards and hand the ball to an offense you could not stop in the first half on your own 45 yard line. OU in last nights Fiesta Bowl. Thats one of the craziest calls I've ever seen in football.

Steerlers 20-13

GO Steelers/Moutaineers!!!

Jeremy
01-03-2008, 10:41 AM
This whole week I have been thinking the Jags were going to beat the Steelers again, But yesterday the game was replayed on NFL Network. Seeing how the Steelers came back and almost won that game makes me believe that they will win this one.

Add to that the fact that they lost by letting the Jags run the ball down their throats for a winning TD is something that I believe will inspire them to be so physical and and hungry I think the jags are in for a bad day.

What I do also believe is coaching will play a big roll these teams are very even one bad call on either side of the ball could cost the game.

For instance: when you come out in the second half and your team has all the momentum, your defense is shutting down the other teams O, you just scored a TD. You don't try a suprise onside kick that doesn't even travel the required ten yards and hand the ball to an offense you could not stop in the first half on your own 45 yard line. OU in last nights Fiesta Bowl. Thats one of the craziest calls I've ever seen in football.

Steerlers 28-17

GO Steelers/Moutaineers!!!

Another really good lesson to take from that game is to get out in front early. Only a handful of teams at any level of football are built to make big comebacks. If you can get up by 10-14 points, you can control the pace of the game.

StylCurtainXL
01-03-2008, 11:06 AM
I'd like to see them mix our run packages with a little hurry-up with 3 WR, keeping a TE and RB to block out of the shotgun and basically put 11 in the box (j/k) on D. Basically put the fear of God in our CBs and have Troy's hair flying all over the field.

Head prediction: Jags 27, Steelers 23

Heart prediction: Steelers 37, Jags 13

Jman
01-03-2008, 11:13 AM
Steelers 35, Jags 31

Basically somewhat of a shootout. I think the scoring will be fast and furious. Obviously I hope we are more fast and furious in that department, but who knows.

I think the shootout approach is what we will try to go with-get points, and get them fast. I predict you will see a LOT of traditional Steelers football after we get 3 TDs. Lots of running, lots of emotion.

I think there may be a smokescreen effect taking place on the D side. We haven't played well, but we have only lost by a few points? Doesn't quite add up to me. I might be wrong but... We'll see...:wink02:

AFC
01-03-2008, 11:56 AM
PIT 23
JAC 27

I have not really kept up with the Jags' injury reports, but if all are healty, I will break it down like this:

PIT - TDx2 (Wardx2), FGx3
JAC - TDx3 (Drew, Taylor, Williams), FGx2

Naturally, I am hoping for a win. I am more optimistic than I thought I would be, but less so than I were a few days a go.

vasteeler
01-03-2008, 11:56 AM
pittsburgh 48
jags 0:tt02::tt02:

DACEB
01-03-2008, 01:05 PM
Won't make a prediction, just hoping for a WIN.

But,, I just heard on the radio that The Steelers have NEVER lost to an opponent twice at home in the same season.

Can't help but think this is a MUST WIN for our coach Tomlin!!

Thoughts??

Steelerstrength
01-03-2008, 02:00 PM
Things are not looking good for my Steelers. It even appears that most fans on this site are picking the damn *****-cats to win. It is a sad day when that happens. I'm not mad at anyone for choosing the enemy, cause they are looking good! But, I do know that in all our hearts we can see a win for our Steelers! :smile:

Imagine it right now. There's two minutes left in the game, the Pussies have the ball, down 14, 4th and 6 on their own 34. Geraldo Rivera drops back, (he thinks he will actually find something in Al Capones vault) Big Snack almost snags him while dropping back but misses a shoestring tackle. He pump-fakes, it appears he's gonna throw long. SMACK! Silverback pummels his ass from the blind side, feet come off the ground. Fumble! The old man Farrior picks it up and runs it back to the house! :tt02::tt02:

That's how I see it! Call me delusional, whatever, and I'll say "Thank you!"

Anytime the Steelers hit the field I am predicting a win. Call me a homer, I'm good with that. No matter how bad things appear, or what our injury report clearly displays, I will always predict a win for my team.

Is it just football?
Yes.
Are factors appearing to add up to a loss?
Yes.
Will I die if we lose?
No.
Will I be ****in pissed off if we lose?
Hell yes!
Better yet, will we win?
I know it with all my heart! I believe in my team, no matter what!

Steelers 28
Pussies 14

Elvis
01-03-2008, 05:00 PM
:tt02:
Jacksonville
JAGUARS
-VS-
Pittsburgh
STEELERS
This should be a battle right down to the end just like last game was against the Jags.. I just dont see the outcome being any different though....

Jaguars 24
Steelers 10

Atlanta Dan
01-03-2008, 05:46 PM
Peter King throws more dirt on the grave:

Since the middle of 2005, Jacksonville has met the Steelers three times and won each time -- 23-17, 9-0, and 29-22. The Steelers have 38 first downs and a composite 45-percent completion rate in those three games. What's more, the Jags have run roughshod on Pittsburgh, and while the Steelers are seriously banged up on the offensive line and in the backfield, Jacksonville has the healthiest offense in the playoffs. Final point: The Jags are built to play well in weather, unlike most Southern teams. Bad matchup for the Steelers. Vegas (Jags by 1.5) sees it too.

Jacksonville 19, Pittsburgh 10

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/peter_king/01/03/wild.card/index.html?eref=T1

IMO King has the winner picked but is about 3 touchdowns short in terms of points scored. We know the Steelers problems on D and the Jags defense is something less than the '85 Bears coming to town.

steelpride12
01-03-2008, 06:17 PM
Won't make a prediction, just hoping for a WIN.

But,, I just heard on the radio that The Steelers have NEVER lost to an opponent twice at home in the same season.

Can't help but think this is a MUST WIN for our coach Tomlin!!

Thoughts??

I heard about that one and also first year coaches in the wild card games have good win %, and the Steelers are 5 for 6 in Wildcard games.....i love our chances! :tt02:

Preacher
01-03-2008, 06:35 PM

I am sorry, but this is just a silly post.

What I state is the reality of the situation... When the game starts, anything can happen. Predictions are based upon what we can understand from past trends.

At some time, that trend will end and a new one wll start... and even the finishing and starting of a trend may be part of a larger trend. Thus, when you look at the stats, the trends, and the recent encounters. Jax wins. Period.

That is on paper... Someone can get injured,,, the trend may change as of Saturday... anything may happen. As you said yourself, you wouldn't bet the house on it? Why? Because you know what I am saying is correct.

Do I EVER want to see my Steelers lose? No. But when asked to give an honest assessment if a team is better then them, I will give an honest assessment.

cubanstogie
01-03-2008, 06:48 PM
I am sorry, but this is just a silly post.

What I state is the reality of the situation... When the game starts, anything can happen. Predictions are based upon what we can understand from past trends.

At some time, that trend will end and a new one wll start... and even the finishing and starting of a trend may be part of a larger trend. Thus, when you look at the stats, the trends, and the recent encounters. Jax wins. Period.

That is on paper... Someone can get injured,,, the trend may change as of Saturday... anything may happen. As you said yourself, you wouldn't bet the house on it? Why? Because you know what I am saying is correct.

Do I EVER want to see my Steelers lose? No. But when asked to give an honest assessment if a team is better then them, I will give an honest assessment.

true on paper we look like we will lose. Then again Garrard never been in playoffs,on the road in hostile environment. This game will seem a lot different than 3 weeks ago. Ben played like crap in his first playoff game, first 2 actually. Our D is still #1. Their special teams looked as bad as ours last week, maybe we will get a huge return. If they don't turn the ball over, or we don't get big plays we probably will lose. We may stuff the run and hold them to under 100 yards. Bottom line is we are playing and I cant wait. I couldn't stand last year watching the shhhittbirds represent our divison. If the Jags do win I will be on their bandwagon for the rest of the playoffs, but I really think Ben is going to be carried off the field on his teams shoulders with a huge victory.

SGrogan
01-03-2008, 08:33 PM
I think the Steelers will win, Big Ben will strap this team on his back and win it.and I think he can do it.We will see but the Steelers are going through a change of identity a bit.They are no longer that grind it out pound you at the line of scrimmage team.Pit has the weapons and im not sure how the Jags secondary is but Big Ben lit em up pretty good in bad weather..

It is very hard in the league to beat a team twice in their house,I see pit winning this game..JMO

01-03-2008, 11:20 PM
Wow!! There's a lot homerism going on around here. Jacksonville has put up a minimum of 24 points in 10 straight games, yet some of you are predicting we will only score 7, 10 or 14? Get real. Your team's defense has become a joke and we will run all over you again just like we did in December. Big Ben will also be running for his life on just about every snap. :thumbsup:

Jags 31
Steelers 10

fansince'76
01-03-2008, 11:34 PM
Wow!! There's a lot homerism going on around here. Jacksonville has put up a minimum of 24 points in 10 straight games, yet some of you are predicting we will only score 7, 10 or 14? Get real. Your team's defense has become a joke and we will run all over you again just like we did in December. Big Ben will also be running for his life on just about every snap. :thumbsup:

Jags 31
Steelers 10

:yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

Borski
01-04-2008, 12:57 AM

Jags 31
Steelers 10

And a nice welcome to the site to you too.....:coffee:

shovelnose
01-04-2008, 01:28 AM

Jags 31
Steelers 10

Hi welcome to the board. The steelers put up an average of over 24 points over 16 games. I would have loved to see anyone score 24 during the miami game lol. My point is there is no point to last 10 games only the next one. Good luck! :tt02:

Steel Pit
01-04-2008, 01:59 AM

Jags 31
Steelers 10

Well Bud, my prediction has been posted, Steelers 13 Jaguars 7.

I'll be looking for you, and others, after the game.

jjpro11
01-04-2008, 02:07 AM
i dont think there is a lot of hope for the game from steelers fans.. tickets for the game on ebay are about half of what they were at the beginning of the season against teams like the 49ers and bills.

Steel Pit
01-04-2008, 02:10 AM
no one is going to congratulate those who predicted a steelers' win either. it's a meaningless prediction.

you sound as ridiculous as anthony smith when he guaranteed a win.
no game is a given win, loss or tie.

I beg your pardon? No congratulations on Steelers forum?

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?p=292654#post292654

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Congrats Joel!

congrats. and great pick. 3 points off the actual score.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Congratulations Joel (steelersfanmx)!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll echo Tony's sentiments here that there isn't a more deserving member who could have won this. Congrats, Joel, and thank you for all you've done for the site with your awesome artwork

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well done!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Congrats Joel - well done, my friend!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now who's ridiculous?

BritishSteel
01-04-2008, 06:33 AM
This is the play-off's. That's our other home-field advantage. I hope we've got one more win in us and that we force Gerrard to try to win it for them.

20-16 Steelers

fansince'76
01-04-2008, 08:07 AM
WOW... you came up with that loser name....... ummm, I mean........ user name all by yourself??

He's got a really cool avatar, though, doesn't he? :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

HometownGal
01-04-2008, 08:16 AM

Jags 31
Steelers 10

Of course there is, dum dum - it's a STEELERS board. :coffee: :yawn:

Our "joke" of a defense is still #1 - where is the Jags D ranked again? :toofunny:

Kvnfaber
01-04-2008, 10:21 AM
The Steelers will come out firing, i think we will see a decent amount of rushing yards for the Jag's, but not nearly the 224 we saw earlier in the season. I'm guessing about 150 rush yards and less points for the Jag's. Big Ben will be running for his life, but let's not forget he is the highest rated passer outside the pocket. This game will come down to red zone defense as I believe there will be plenty of yards to be had. Whoever settles for field goals will lose this one.

Big Ben has a great game and leads to the steelers to a 27-23 victory. He'll get sacked 4-5 times, Gerrard will get picked off and seem flustered in a comeback effort.

Dino 6 Rings
01-04-2008, 12:22 PM
I predict a play the Jags will run.

They will attempt a Fake Draw Deep Pass on 3rd and over 8 yards. Knowing they killed us with the Draw twice last game, they will think we are going to "key" on the draw this game, and will attempt a Fake Draw deep pass, but, because We Learn from our mistakes, Dick L will also be calling a fake Safety Blitz, tricking the 1st time Playoff QB into thinking he has single coverage on the outside, but really, ha ha! We tricked him, and he's going to run his fake draw, we drop into an over the top coverage and BLAM! Interception Pick 6 Steelers!!!

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!

Atlanta Dan
01-04-2008, 06:33 PM
All 9 ESPN "experts" pick Jax, even Steeler homer Merrill Hoge:jawdrop:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/features/talent

So does the entire ESPN Sunday Countdown crew

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/notebook?page=sundaycountdown07

But do not despair - the Steelers win the simulated Madden game 31-14
Najah rumbles for a buck 24 and the Steelers coast after going up 24 - 0 in the second quarter - yeah, that's likely to happen:sofunny:

http://sports.espn.go.com/videogames/simulation/nfl?id=3181282

jjpro11
01-04-2008, 06:42 PM
im kinda getting the feeling that we are being treated as bigger underdogs in this game than the colts game in 05... from the analysists to the fans.. nobody seems to have any hope in us. you'd never know it though by looking at the point spread compared to the colts game. i'll say this though.. an impressive win tomorrow.. and everyone will jump back on the bandwagon for next week's game vs the pats.

fansince'76
01-04-2008, 07:20 PM
im kinda getting the feeling that we are being treated as bigger underdogs in this game than the colts game in 05... from the analysists to the fans.. nobody seems to have any hope in us.

Agreed, and I think it's a bit much. Yes, the Steelers are very banged up, and yes, the Jags have been playing better football as of late, but it's not the '85 Bears or '89 Niners we're facing tomorrow, folks.

SteelersJW
01-04-2008, 09:33 PM
All I'm saying is don't be quick to give up on your own team. Why the hell write on a Steelers forum if you're going to give up on them?

SteelersJW
01-04-2008, 09:35 PM
That is ridiculous. If the Steelers win this weekend and San Diego takes care of Tennessee...are you going to question the fanhood of nearly everyone if we all pick New England to beat the Steelers? Better yet, will you pick the Steelers to beat the Patriots if we get that far?

Come clean....is this Anthony Smith posting?

You have to believe in the Steelers no matter what. That's the whole point of being a fan.

Blast Furnace, you lack resolve.

BlastFurnace
01-04-2008, 09:52 PM
You have to believe in the Steelers no matter what. That's the whole point of being a fan.

Blast Furnace, you lack resolve.

I've been a diehard fan of this team for 32 years....even through the dark ages of the 1980's.

If you can't handle an objective look at the Steelers, then any newspaper, message board, or conversation about the team is definitely not for you.

If you look at the 1st post of this thread, I predicted a Steelers win...is that enough resolve for you?

What it really comes down to is this...I don't really care what blind fans like you think.

Atlanta Dan
01-04-2008, 09:58 PM
All I'm saying is don't be quick to give up on your own team. Why the hell write on a Steelers forum if you're going to give up on them?

Thanks for straightening us out about that - This is the predictions thread, not a wishing well

Jeremy
01-04-2008, 10:00 PM
Thanks for straightening us out about that - This is the predictions thread, not a wishing well

Don't confuse him with facts.

83-Steelers-43
01-04-2008, 10:32 PM

People are being asked who they feel will win. Should we lie just to appease you and those who feel our loyalty and love for this team is somehow less than the person who feels we will win? Give me break.

Why type of this forum? Well, because the majority of the people on this board are Steeler fans who love this team through thick and thin. Answer your question?

HometownGal
01-04-2008, 10:44 PM

The majority of us DO believe in the Steelers, but are just trying to be somewhat realistic (and objective) because of the adverse circumstances facing the team with all of the injuries as well as their play over the last 5 weeks, that's all. Hey - I hope they prove all of us dead wrong and you can bet your bippy that I'll be cheering them on. :thumbsup::tt02:

SteelCityMan786
01-04-2008, 10:51 PM
Steelers 24, Jaguars 21

touchdownward
01-04-2008, 10:53 PM

Jags 31
Steelers 10
Mercy, what a scary avatar. :jawdrop::horror:

83-Steelers-43
01-04-2008, 11:04 PM

Jags 31
Steelers 10

Personally, I would worry more about which city the Jaguars will be relocated in than the homerism on a Steelers board.....

But did you know that the Jaguars' stadium doesn't have one of those stiff brand names, so bad is the corporate support of the team here? What once was Alltel Stadium now is Jacksonville Municipal Stadium.

But did you know that the Jaguars had to black out three games on local television this season because they couldn't sell out?

The tickets became available because of returns from the Jaguars.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08003/846278-66.stm

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08004/846714-66.stm

Los Angeles Jaguars.....has a nice ring to it. :thumbsup:

BlastFurnace
01-05-2008, 07:31 AM

Jags 31
Steelers 10

Will you show up after the Jags lose?

I think the Steelers will win tonight.

cubanstogie
01-05-2008, 11:13 AM
I hope you stinkin' queers like the rough trade, cause thats what you're gonna get when the Jags beat you down and humiliate you tonight.

I am still laughing at Mac Daddyo, what are you a self declared pimp. Take your beat up caddy and get back to your ghetto.

fansince'76
01-05-2008, 11:48 AM
I am still laughing at Mac Daddyo, what are you a self declared pimp. Take your beat up caddy and get back to your ghetto.

He's an assclown who's made the rounds here before. And he's now outta here.

DACEB
01-05-2008, 02:10 PM
This is going to be a WAR!!

I just hope the guys come out and are ready to play for 60 minutes. We can win this with a balanced attack on O and a solid if not spectacular defense. Just remember D to play disciplined and not overreact.

With all the injuries this is a game of attrition. The injuries are why everyone on this board are nervous. Out of all the injuries Smith and Clark hurts us the most, that hurts us at the front and back of our D. Those two out are the reasons we're giving up yards on the ground and since the Denver game the long pass plays.

Lets get it together guys, balanced on O and solid on D, get'r done.

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!!

5goldenrings
01-05-2008, 02:13 PM
Steelers 26 -21

stillers4me
01-05-2008, 02:32 PM
Welcome to the Steelers 2008 Paybacks are a Bitch Postseason Tour!!!!! :tt02:

TackleMeBen
01-05-2008, 02:45 PM
Welcome to the Steelers 2008 Paybacks are a Bitch Postseason Tour!!!!! :tt02:

i like that...:thumbsup:

geo123
01-05-2008, 07:03 PM
As banged up as we are we still have a lot of talented players. First thing is no bad mistakes(like an int on a 3 yard pass inside the 20). Next is play to win, as opposed of not to lose.
Both lines will have to play their best. The D line needs to be able to limit the runs, and hopefully get pressure. The secondary needs to concentrate on coverage, if a long pass is completed make the tackle(limit RAC yards). A turnover would would be big in this game.
The offense needs to avoid 3 and outs, and finish drives. We can't afford to show 6 pts. on 3 trips in the Red Zone. Hopefully Davenport can get something goin early, the line does seem to do a good job run blocking.

Preacher
01-05-2008, 07:29 PM
The majority of us DO believe in the Steelers, but are just trying to be somewhat realistic (and objective) because of the adverse circumstances facing the team with all of the injuries as well as their play over the last 5 weeks, that's all. Hey - I hope they prove all of us dead wrong and you can bet your bippy that I'll be cheering them on. :thumbsup::tt02:

And HTG is one of the most optimistic Steelers fans around.

BTW... Excellent post HTG.

Preacher
01-05-2008, 07:42 PM
Alright...

under 1/2 and hour from game time.

As I said in another thread... My HOMERISM EXTRAORDINAIRE is now coming out... forget everything else... we are going to win by 21!!!!

Big Ben is going to have 5 TD.... AND RUN BACK A INTERCEPTION AGAINST THE JAGS SOMEHOW!!!

Homerism extraordinaire is fun!

RunWillieRun
01-05-2008, 07:45 PM
Alright...

under 1/2 and hour from game time.

As I said in another thread... My HOMERISM EXTRAORDINAIRE is now coming out... forget everything else... we are going to win by 21!!!!

Big Ben is going to have 5 TD.... AND RUN BACK A INTERCEPTION AGAINST THE JAGS SOMEHOW!!!

Homerism extraordinaire is fun!

That's what I'm talking about!!!! The Jags are O V E R R A T E D!!!!!

BEN FOR PRESIDENT!!!

LETS GO STEELERS!!! :cheers: :cheer: :cheers:

jjpro11
01-05-2008, 08:02 PM
**** THE JAGS! they have gotten too overconfident and have no playoff experience... we win baby!

Preacher
01-05-2008, 08:08 PM
**** THE JAGS! they have gotten too overconfident and have no playoff experience... we win baby!

Game day homerism is a great thing isn't it!!!! :thumbsup:

Borski
01-05-2008, 08:57 PM
Alright, good 1st Q exept for our Special teams allowing them to get to the goal line, we dont let that happen again and the rest of the team keeps up what we're doing we'll do fine.

Crap, Sack

Steeldude
01-05-2008, 09:48 PM
anyone notice that the jaguars did not kneel on the ball at 0:11 before the half? they attacked the steelers again. the steelers on the other hand look complacent again.

Preacher
01-06-2008, 02:09 AM

Well, I was only off by 4 points.

01-06-2008, 03:20 AM
Will you show up after the Jags lose?

I think the Steelers will win tonight.

We won!!!

Good game though. I was actually very suprised that it ended up so close, but I knew it wouldn't be a low scoring game (at least on our part). We dodged a bullet getting by you all on that one, but now we must move on to bigger and better competition.

Have fun watching while we make history!!!!!!

Steelers rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:banana::jammin::cheer :

fansince'76
01-06-2008, 03:22 AM
We won!!!

Good game though. I was actually very suprised that it ended up so close, but I knew it wouldn't be a low scoring game (at least on our part). We dodged a bullet getting by you all on that one, but now we must move on to bigger and better competition.

Good luck in Foxboro next week. Yeah, right. :coffee:

01-06-2008, 03:26 AM
Good luck in Foxboro next week. :coffee:

Thank you, but we don't need luck. We have skills and destiny on our side. :cheer:

fansince'76
01-06-2008, 03:28 AM
Thank you, but we don't need luck. We have skills and destiny on our side. :cheer:

Um, if Garrard doesn't show something more than he did tonight, you'll get killed next week. Congrats on the win, though.

Preacher
01-06-2008, 04:04 AM

So much for Garrard having a great game.

He did one thing well... he ran on a couple 4th downs.

Good for him.

You all one because we beat ourselves. Period.

Now, if you can regain your end of season form, that will be a different story. But if THIS team shows up next week, your done.

BlastFurnace
01-06-2008, 07:55 AM
We won!!!

Congratulations.

If you think you have any chance next week, you are crazy.

New England 49
Jacksonville 10

Atlanta Dan
01-06-2008, 09:49 AM

Hate to break the news to you but that offense the Steelers ran on the first possession and in the 4th quarter is what you will be seeing from New England all game - I also would not count on being bailed out by any calls of planned runs on 3rd and 6 by Brady

I actually thought the Jags had a shot in New England until watching that Jax D last night and seeing Garrard is not quite as error free under playoff pressure

Good luck but get braced for a smackdown - if i were you I would watch lots of the Weather Channel and pray for a game day blizzard:cheers:

01-06-2008, 03:20 PM
Congratulations.

If you think you have any chance next week, you are crazy.

New England 49
Jacksonville 10

Sure I think we have a good chance. Actually, I believe the way this game played out is probably the best thing that could have happened to the Jaguars. I believe they will have an even better shot a taking down the Pats now that they have been humbled by a close one with your Steelers.
The Jaguars will make corrections, examine all of there mistakes, and rebound strongly next week. The other thing that is great about this game is we will definitly be huge underdogs. Jaguars play better as underdogs. You'll see.

By the way, Big Ben has a lot of class. The way he waited on the field while Garrard was giving that post game interview to congratulate him. :cheers:

HometownGal
01-06-2008, 03:24 PM
Sure I think we have a good chance. Actually, I believe the way this game played out is probably the best thing that could have happened to the Jaguars. I believe they will have an even better shot a taking down the Pats now that they have been humbled by a close one with your Steelers.
The Jaguars will make corrections, examine all of there mistakes, and rebound strongly next week. The other thing that is great about this game is we will definitly be huge underdogs. Jaguars play better as underdogs. You'll see.

By the way, Big Ben has a lot of class. The way he waited on the field while Garrard was giving that post game interview to congratulate him. :cheers:

Thank you 12345 for the nice post. :cheers:

If anyone can take down the Cheats*, it's the Jags and I really believe that. Your Jags are like the Eveready Bunny - they just keep on going and going. Del Rio has done a great job with this team. I'll be cheering them on next weekend. Good luck!

fansince'76
01-06-2008, 03:24 PM

Good luck to you next week! :cheers: I really hope you guys beat them.

Yep, I'm glad our QB isn't a poor loser, unlike other QBs around the league:

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/peytonandtom.jpg

Again, really looking forward to seeing someone finish the year at 16-1*. :cheers: