PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin Getting inside their heads

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
01-02-2008, 07:38 PM
It seems that Tomlin is playing head games with the Steelers. When the steelers returned to the facility on Monday every television in the place was playing the Jacksonville Steeler game from a few weeks ago running on a continuous loop commercial free even and it's been running ever since then. They interviewed Ben he said at this point he'd welcome the cooking channel.

We'll see if that psychology works. :tt02:

steelpride12
01-02-2008, 07:42 PM
Ha i love Tomlins approach to the meetings and im sure the practices are pretty intense this week really sending the Steelers a message of the importance of this playoffs game against the Jags. Man every day it seems Tomlin does something that really opens my eyes and just to think its only his first year with many more to come is AMAZING!

Stlrs4Life
01-02-2008, 08:10 PM
Here's the video of the report:

http://kdka.com/video/?id=35539@kdka.dayport.com

The Duke
01-02-2008, 08:17 PM
hmm....that sound like a good idea. Tomlin's smart, he's gotta be on to something

This guys are gonna be pumped up for this game with this

Way to go Tomlin!

stillers4me
01-02-2008, 08:19 PM
Who needs spit?????????

revefsreleets
01-02-2008, 08:32 PM
OSU's players have been inundated with "41-14" since last years loss. By all reports, the Buckeye team is as sharp as they've been all season and Tress is having trouble keeping them reined in.

I like Tomlin's approach. I think it will work.

shevdog
01-02-2008, 08:35 PM
So it seems like Tomlin will be playing that Patsies game too, once we get that far. (Being very optimistic here).

Glace
01-02-2008, 08:58 PM
If we do end up getting to the Pats....we need to get pictures of Anthony Smith getting blown out, and attach them to duct tape to put over his mouth...

19ward86
01-02-2008, 09:18 PM
this is a huge game, most espn reporters think that jacksonville is the only team that can beat the pats so i think if we can beat jacksonville by a good amount maybe we can get a win against the cheaters i mean patriots.

jjpro11
01-02-2008, 09:52 PM
So it seems like Tomlin will be playing that Patsies game too, once we get that far. (Being very optimistic here).

the team that beats the patriots in the playoffs will become national heroes. lol.. thats about all the motivation you need.

Edman
01-02-2008, 10:23 PM
It was just reported on the NFL Network. It's true.

I like that approach and I hope nd pray it makes this team angry. Even though they lost by 7, they were embarrassed on their own field. They need to see how they performed. If this team has any kind of pride, they take this material and run with it.

And people say Tomlin isn't a motivator.

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
01-02-2008, 11:18 PM
It was just reported on the NFL Network. It's true.

I like that approach and I hope nd pray it makes this team angry. Even though they lost by 7, they were embarrassed on their own field. They need to see how they performed. If this team has any kind of pride, they take this material and run with it.

And people say Tomlin isn't a motivator.

Sure it's true do you think we would yank your chain!! :sofunny:

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_545617.html

Steelersfan4life0655
01-03-2008, 12:50 AM
sounds like a good idea to me. need some more motivation for this team. :tt02:

klick81
01-03-2008, 12:51 AM
We'll see how this team reacts to this come Saturday.

Preacher
01-03-2008, 12:53 AM
Ahhhh....

Good for him! Yea, he isn't a motivator... is he? LOL

sherlock
01-03-2008, 02:45 AM
This is a fantastic ploy by Tomlin,a truly innovative approach.
The team MUST be fighting mad....Jacksonville.....beware the (controlled)red-mist come Saturday!! :helmet:

jjpro11
01-03-2008, 03:54 AM
pretty cool.. i dont know if i have ever heard that being done before. hopefully it works.

Galax Steeler
01-03-2008, 04:01 AM
I don't care what tomlin does as long as it works and we beat the jags.

HometownGal
01-03-2008, 06:56 AM
I heard on the news last night that the Steelers players are "sick" of watching it. Good. Maybe it will piss them off enough to go out there and beat the Jags into oblivion.

Great motivational concept Coach Tomlin! :thumbsup::cheers:

memphissteelergirl
01-03-2008, 10:00 AM
I heard on the news last night that the Steelers players are "sick" of watching it. Good. Maybe it will piss them off enough to go out there and beat the Jags into oblivion.

Great motivational concept Coach Tomlin! :thumbsup::cheers:

Hear, here!! :thumbsup:

rbryan
01-03-2008, 11:25 AM
I watched it again on NFL network last night. Lets hope all the Steeler fans who spent the 3rd quarter hiding in the bathroom watched it too seeing as how they missed it the first time.

If you're going to the game dress warm, drink a lot, stay in your damn seat (or move down closer if you see an empty one), and scream at the top of your lungs please.

Elvis
01-03-2008, 11:33 AM
If we do end up getting to the Pats....we need to get pictures of Anthony Smith getting blown out, and attach them to duct tape to put over his mouth...
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_1_130.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk788YYUS)
Glace...
I Agree 1000%
:thumbsup:

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb114&pp=ZNxmk788YYUS (http://smiley.smileycentral.com/download/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb114_ZNxmk788YYUS&utm_id=7922)

Dino 6 Rings
01-03-2008, 11:38 AM
Too be honest with you all...I watched the NFL Replay of that game last night while flipping between the WVU beating of the Sooners.

It motivated me. I'd been trying to avoid all football analysis all week, and ignoring any talking head folks and keeping most of my focus away from this week's game. (Except on this board)

Now however...I'M FIRED UP!

NO WAY THEY PUSH US AROUND LIKE THAT AGAIN!!!

HERE WE GO STEELERS! HERE WE GO!

SteelerFanInCA
01-03-2008, 12:28 PM
Hopefully this tactic works and the Steelers come out firing on all cylinders on Saturday. :tt02::tt02::tt02:

rbryan
01-03-2008, 12:45 PM
Too be honest with you all...I watched the NFL Replay of that game last night while flipping between the WVU beating of the Sooners.

It motivated me. I'd been trying to avoid all football analysis all week, and ignoring any talking head folks and keeping most of my focus away from this week's game. (Except on this board)

Now however...I'M FIRED UP!

NO WAY THEY PUSH US AROUND LIKE THAT AGAIN!!!

HERE WE GO STEELERS! HERE WE GO!

I haven't watched ESPN, NFL network etc.. all week either. Aside from the huge runs the D gave up that was a pretty good game and one we still came close to winning.

I'm fired up too, I was ready to make the drive last night to the Burgh but reality and my hangover kicked in this morning. lol I'll settle for the big screen in HD.

Rhee Rhee
01-04-2008, 03:10 AM
Who needs spit?????????

well put!

Dino 6 Rings
01-04-2008, 11:27 AM
A night home playoff game. Silverback at night and at home.

I like our chances!!!