PDA

View Full Version : Ricky Williams in '08 - Parcells? Performance?

steelers2685
01-02-2008, 11:33 PM
I have just sat here looking back at what could have been for Ricky Williams via videos on youtube.com . Amazing runner, one of the best I've ever seen in action in terms of consistency, power, and breakaway speed when in his prime. :dang:

Now looking ahead to the 08 season, do any of you feel he has something left in him to be proven a powerhouse once again? What do you think Parcells will do with him now that he is there? Finally, is he a free agent at the end of this season anyways, or do Dolphins still have some sort of rights to him?

Please keep this conversation specifically about these topics I've mentioned. No need to bring up marijuana or that he is a waste of life for doing it or anything like that. I'd like this thread to stay civil because I am truly interested in what others think about these questions I've asked.

Thanks. :tt02:

ShutDown24
01-02-2008, 11:35 PM
I am pretty sure Ricky has 1 - 2 years left on his Miami deal... The Rams expressed interest in him as a back up some time ago so he could get shipped there for picks or something. No doubt - If he wouldn't have got into the 'stuff' he would have been a great back for a long time.

Rhee Rhee
01-06-2008, 07:47 PM
i remember he had dreads and had a neon visor... he looked so nuts everytime he stepped on the field

Godfather
01-06-2008, 10:37 PM
Miami should unload him for conditional picks.

steelers2685
01-06-2008, 11:11 PM
I hope he'll start to be honest. ESPN Story on Williams' 2008 Season (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3179409)

He was an excellent back - patience for blocks to be made and the speed to get 8-10 yards at least every time:

cHeR7TWdW-Y