PDA

View Full Version : Martz to San Fran Anyone?

steelers2685
01-02-2008, 10:35 PM
Does anyone see Mike Martz, fired today from the Lions, moving over the San Fran and help out the situation over there? I think he would be a blessing for Alex Smith, and would be able to help Nolan turn his coaching career around there. Martz is a west coast offense kind of guy as we saw with the Greatest Show on Turf :thumbsup:, and I think that's what San Fran needs to have a prominent west coast minded guy running things there.

Thoughts?

steelers2685
01-09-2008, 11:56 PM
Well, read it in the Post today that Martz is heading to SF. Maybe Gore and company will be a bit more potent next year then?

ShutDown24
01-10-2008, 12:01 AM
Well, read it in the Post today that Martz is heading to SF. Maybe Gore and company will be a bit more potent next year then?

LOL Jackson, Battle and Lelie maybe... I don't think any RB will ever be 'potent' in a Martz system with exception of Faulk.

verks36
01-10-2008, 07:10 AM
Ya it does seem like a good fit Martz to san fran.

But the question is would he have enough pieces to succeed

I could see Martz going to college if he gets offered a good enough job

Steeler in Carolina
01-10-2008, 07:57 PM
It will be interesting to see if Alex Smith can handle Martz's system.

The Duke
01-10-2008, 09:25 PM
It will be interesting to see if Alex Smith can handle Martz's system.

it will be interesting if alex smith can handle the NFL :dang:

most "experts" are already calling him a bust, and rightfully so. he hasn't proved much, and imo Martz system will not be good for him. maybe I'm wrong though, I was wrong about Tony Romo before, but Smith is a 1 overall pick, and it's time for him to make something happen

Rhee Rhee
01-11-2008, 01:38 AM
LOL Jackson, Battle and Lelie maybe... I don't think any RB will ever be 'potent' in a Martz system with exception of Faulk.

i was so high on kevin jones becoming a stud in his system... o well too bad... he was good for about half a season and thats it...

being a UH fan and being a martz fan for zinging the ball everywhere i would love to see the two sides unite... boy would that be the day...