PDA

View Full Version : Who would you rather have?

Elvis
01-03-2008, 07:29 AM
This is all coming from this past weekend's Randy Moss breaking Jerry Rices' TD record for a season. I for one cannot stand the ground that Moss walks on. He is the Roger Clemons of the NFL to me. Ok... I see that I forgot one of the very best of all time in Marvin Harrison of the Colts. I am sorry for this mistake and I guess I could have added Isaac Bruce to this list as well. If either one of those two players is the one you would like to add to this vote, then feel free to do so..
My Question For You Is....
Which one of these WR's would you rather have on your team?
:tt02:

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-03-2008, 07:35 AM
No contest....all of them are cancers except for Rice.

I might throw Harrison in there before any of them. He is the PERFECT team player, never complains...gets his TD and hands the ball to the ref instead of showboating, and runs the most perfect routes of any player in history.

HometownGal
01-03-2008, 08:02 AM
That's a no-brainer - LOL! Jerry Rice was one of the greatest WRs in NFL history and a gentleman both on and off the field, not arrogant dicks like Moss, CJ and TO.

I have to agree with LLT about Marvin Harrison. Like Hines Ward, I think he's a player almost any NFL would love to have, particularly in his younger years. He goes out and gives 150% each and every game and doesn't whine when Peytoon utilizes his other options.

revefsreleets
01-03-2008, 09:33 AM
The other options weren't very savory. It's like asking would you rather drink a nice glass of wine, or a bucket of goat vomit?

touchdownward
01-03-2008, 10:46 AM
No doubt Rice.

This poll reminds me the year that Michael Jackson won all those Grammys.
I had never even heard of most of those songs and artists he "competed" against.

ShutDown24
01-03-2008, 10:49 AM
Rice, it isn't even close.

The Duke
01-03-2008, 10:55 AM
I might throw Harrison in there before any of them. He is the PERFECT team player, never complains...gets his TD and hands the ball to the ref instead of showboating, and runs the most perfect routes of any player in history.

Definitely Harrison. to me he's way better than CJ TO and Randy, both on and off the field.

fansince'76
01-03-2008, 11:06 AM
My question is who picked T.O. over Rice? :dang:

The Duke
01-03-2008, 11:16 AM

it's willie's fault :hunch:

Elvis
01-03-2008, 11:17 AM
:jawdrop:Good question fansince76
If you notice I have went back to my first thread and added Marvin Harrison and Isaac Bruce to the list of choices as well. They are both great recievers without all the bad baggage.
Happy New Year Everyone..
:hug:

Elvis
01-03-2008, 11:20 AM
The other options weren't very savory. It's like asking would you rather drink a nice glass of wine, or a bucket of goat vomit?
:wave: Fansince'76...
I think we just found our vote for Terrell Owens..
:toofunny:

83-Steelers-43
01-03-2008, 11:26 AM
Where's Fred Gibson?!?!?!?!?! :cheer:

Jeremy
01-03-2008, 11:29 AM

I did. If I need a guy for one or two seasons to help me win a Super Bowl right now, I take TO hands down. He's a guy who can take an 8-8 team and make them a 12-4 team just by his presence alone. Rice was a great, there's no doubt about that. But I don't think he had the dynamic presence of TO or Moss.

Besides, Moss and TO are in my generation. Rice was in my dad's generation.

fansince'76
01-03-2008, 11:33 AM
I did. If I need a guy for one or two seasons to help me win a Super Bowl right now, I take TO hands down. He's a guy who can take an 8-8 team and make them a 12-4 team just by his presence alone. Rice was a great, there's no doubt about that. But I don't think he had the dynamic presence of TO or Moss.

Besides, Moss and TO are in my generation. Rice was in my dad's generation.

OK - that's understandable. I can understand where you're coming from. I watched Rice his whole career, and in his prime, he blows T.O. away.

Jeremy
01-03-2008, 11:38 AM
OK - that's understandable. I can understand where you're coming from. I watched Rice his whole career, and in his prime, he blows T.O. away.

Well thanks for not calling me an idiot. :cheers: Cheers to you.

Look, I never said that Rice wasn't a great player. I've seen the films and I know what he did in San Fran with that offense. It was great and it was the 80s.

I just think that in this day and age, you're not going to see a lot of guys do what that core in San Fran did. All those guys sticking together for all those years. Ditto with the 70s Steelers and 90s Cowboys. Now it's all about making a good 2-4 year run and then retooling the roster. In that space of time, 2-4 years, I think TO could have more impact than Rice.

Just MHO.

fansince'76
01-03-2008, 11:40 AM
Well thanks for not calling me an idiot. :cheers: Cheers to you.

Just MHO.

I'm sorry - I didn't mean it that way. It was just my opinion as well, that's all. :cheers:

Jeremy
01-03-2008, 11:43 AM
I'm sorry - I didn't mean it that way. It was just my opinion as well, that's all. :cheers:

It didn't come across that way. I wasn't being sarcastic at all.

memphissteelergirl
01-03-2008, 11:50 AM
Voted for Rice....but would gladly have Harrison or Bruce also (Bruce played for U of Memphis, so I have more than a little bias there...hehe.) :wink02:

stlrtruck
01-03-2008, 12:06 PM
I'd rather have Rice - what he did, he did with class; not as an a$$

vasteeler
01-03-2008, 12:09 PM
yeah ill say it give me moss over all the others, hell over any receiver ever
sure he comes with some baggage but so what the man can out right play

Elvis
01-03-2008, 12:17 PM
I thought you might be interested in an article in USA TODAY Sports Weekly. Follow the link below to get to the article. I dont know if this will work but try it. Its about the upcoming Steelers-Jaguars matchup according to USATODAY Sports subscription that I have on the net.

http://www.newsstand.com/?fuseaction=tafpa&PADID=39596&cid=1524192

Elvis
01-03-2008, 12:22 PM
yeah ill say it give me moss over all the others, hell over any receiver ever
sure he comes with some baggage but so what the man can out right play
I would take Marvin Harrison over Moss any day. I would take Hines Ward over Moss. Because they play hard on EVERY PLAY... Not Just The Ones That They Are The Intended Receiver. Moss doesnt Block.. he doesnt want to be physical. I would take T.J. Houshmanzadah over Randy Moss, now theres the most underrated WR in the league in my opinion. Housh.. plays with Chad Johnson and he leads the league in receptions.. I guess that means T.J. will definitely be in the Hall of Fame right?...

touchdownward
01-03-2008, 12:53 PM
:wave: Fansince'76...
I think we just found our vote for Terrell Owens..
:toofunny:
Ummm, click on View Poll Results.

fansince'76
01-03-2008, 01:01 PM
Ummm, click on View Poll Results.

Can't - doesn't come up as a link for me for some reason. :huh:

EDIT - never mind - I clicked on the numbers to the right and those bring up the folks who voted for whom. Thanks, TDWard! :cheers:

83-Steelers-43
01-03-2008, 01:46 PM
I would take Jerry Rice. Chad Johnson has two votes....:toofunny:

CantStop85
01-03-2008, 02:05 PM
Shima is that you?

What a dumb question.

HometownGal
01-03-2008, 03:30 PM
it's willie's fault :hunch:

No it isn't. It's Arians fault. I broke a freakin' nail today and damned Arians for it.

Borski
01-03-2008, 03:35 PM
What about John Kunn?

STEELtownHAVOX
01-03-2008, 03:41 PM
I would take Marvin Harrison over Moss any day. I would take Hines Ward over Moss. Because they play hard on EVERY PLAY... Not Just The Ones That They Are The Intended Receiver. Moss doesnt Block.. he doesnt want to be physical. I would take T.J. Houshmanzadah over Randy Moss, now theres the most underrated WR in the league in my opinion. Housh.. plays with Chad Johnson and he leads the league in receptions.. I guess that means T.J. will definitely be in the Hall of Fame right?...

The reason why TJ had so many catches is because Chad had the entire teams DB's covering him...TJ was always over yelling at the refs, and Palmer seen that....so he threw the ball with ease to him.

MasterOfPuppets
01-03-2008, 10:20 PM

:uhh:....what kind of goat....i hate wine...:puke:

Rhee Rhee
01-04-2008, 03:35 AM
WOW i guess im in the major minority... i picked moss... he is undoubtedly the most freakishly athletic reciever ever.... based on pure athleticism and potential i'd pick MOSS over rice anyday!!! idk thats just me id want a 6'5 215 4.3 guy catching passes for me... rice was greatest hands down if your looking at stats and pedigree but if moss were to have had his head on straight and actually tried we'd be looking at the randy moss book of records...

Borski
01-04-2008, 01:19 PM
Honestly I think a better poll woulds have been just

Moss
CJ
TO

that way you would see who is the most well liked of the cancers, every one like Rice so its no contest there.

cubanstogie
01-04-2008, 01:25 PM
WOW i guess im in the major minority... i picked moss... he is undoubtedly the most freakishly athletic reciever ever.... based on pure athleticism and potential i'd pick MOSS over rice anyday!!! idk thats just me id want a 6'5 215 4.3 guy catching passes for me... rice was greatest hands down if your looking at stats and pedigree but if moss were to have had his head on straight and actually tried we'd be looking at the randy moss book of records...

We are not voting on raw talent with potential. Moss has had too many years of not living up to potential. Rice raised the bar for recievers with his work ethic, and is a far better teammate from what I have read. I don't see how Chad got any votes. Very overrated IMO.

lilyoder6
01-04-2008, 01:31 PM
rice is the best... and he made some insane catches in his career.. and he played for a long ass time too.

The Patriot
01-04-2008, 01:34 PM
This isn't even a contest. Rice anyday.

tony hipchest
01-04-2008, 01:39 PM
this poll could easilly say-

what would you rather have?

a) 3 superbowl rings and trophies
b) 0 superbowl rings and trophies

Elvis
01-04-2008, 04:27 PM
Honestly I think a better poll woulds have been just

Moss
CJ
TO

that way you would see who is the most well liked of the cancers, every one like Rice so its no contest there.
:thumbsup: There is you a pole question my friend...
But between those 3 there is still No Choice... Everyone knows T.O. is the hardest worker of these 3 players. CJ aint even the best receiever on his own team...Moss is a good complete player when he is involved right from the get go.