PDA

View Full Version : Dale on CMT this weekend.

Jeremy
01-03-2008, 01:45 PM
For my fellow NASCAR fans on the board, Dale (the movie about the life and times of the legend Dale Earnhardt) will be airing on CMT this weekend.

The first showing will be at 8 PM on Saturday (TiVO alert) and the second will be at 2 PM on Sunday.

cubanstogie
01-03-2008, 01:48 PM
great now I have to look at more "3" stickers on cars after this thing airs. When does the statute of limitations for these things end.

Jeremy
01-03-2008, 01:51 PM
great now I have to look at more "3" stickers on cars after this thing airs. When does the statute of limitations for these things end.

Tell you what, Earnhardt fans will stop talking about him when Steelers fans stop talking the 70s Steelers.

Fair enough?

cubanstogie
01-03-2008, 01:58 PM
Tell you what, Earnhardt fans will stop talking about him when Steelers fans stop talking the 70s Steelers.

Fair enough?

I should apologize for hitting below the belt. Making light of a death is not appropriate no matter how long it has been. I just get tired of NASCAR, my brother in laws all love it and the numbers on the rear windows make me nauseous. The guy must have made an impact with all the in memory of stickers out there, what 7 years later.

Jeremy
01-03-2008, 02:11 PM
I should apologize for hitting below the belt. Making light of a death is not appropriate no matter how long it has been. I just get tired of NASCAR, my brother in laws all love it and the numbers on the rear windows make me nauseous. The guy must have made an impact with all the in memory of stickers out there, what 7 years later.

He was the working man's driver. He wasn't all polish and PR like most of the drivers today. He was the kind of guy who'd drive his stock car on Sunday and be on his tractor Monday. He was down to Earth and real. I can't really say enough about the man he was and what he meant to the sport.

NASCAR isn't for everyone just like baseball and hockey. People who love it, love it with a passion and I'm one of those people. It's the last real working man's sport.

revefsreleets
01-04-2008, 09:35 PM
The movie was fine, but it did great disservice to the relationship he had with Jeff Gordon. They were actually closer than any Big E fan would ever like to admit, in a mentor/protege kind of way.

Jeremy
01-04-2008, 09:57 PM
Jesus revs......what the hell are you doing agreeing with me these days?

Next thing you know you'll be telling you know who A7X is.

revefsreleets
01-06-2008, 06:52 PM
Avenged Sevenfold. They ain't bad. They get a lot of love on the little commercial free alt station I listen to.

revefsreleets
01-06-2008, 09:53 PM
And isn't it a tad presumptuous to assume that it's me agreeing with you? How is that even possible, since you put me on ignore? How would you even know?

I think it's much more likely that we just ran into a series of issues where YOU agreed with ME.

Jeremy
01-07-2008, 11:55 AM
And isn't it a tad presumptuous to assume that it's me agreeing with you? How is that even possible, since you put me on ignore? How would you even know?

I think it's much more likely that we just ran into a series of issues where YOU agreed with ME.

Oh I took you off ignore when my list got too big. :wink02:

Elvis
01-13-2008, 07:42 AM
:cheers: I Sure Hope Your Right!!!
To Nascar Fans...
Whether or not you were a fan of the man in black or not... you have to respect him. I am not a Gordon fan, but I respect the guy for his driving that #24 every weekend and his willingness to put it all on the line everytime out.
I loved Dale Sr. and when he died I felt like I had lost someone very close to me. I have one tatoo, and his Number 3 will always mean somthing to me.:wave: