PDA

View Full Version : Nervous/Anxious/Excited Fan

eafratitpm3
01-05-2008, 04:53 AM
Well here it is 3:00am in Colorado and I couldn't sleep just thinking of the game. If I'm this nervous/anxious/excited about the game I can't imagine how the players are feeling. Is anyone else out there in Steeler Nation as nervous/anxious/excited. Tell your story.

Preacher
01-05-2008, 04:55 AM
Well here it is 3:00am in Colorado and I couldn't sleep just thinking of the game. If I'm this nervous/anxious/excited about the game I can't imagine how the players are feeling. Is anyone else out there in Steeler Nation as nervous/anxious/excited. Tell your story.

:sofunny:

It is 2 here... and my wife nad I are just watching tv... well... I am, my wife is sleeping on the couch next to me.

JackHammer
01-05-2008, 05:02 AM
5am here. Sleep before playoffs never works out for me.

Galax Steeler
01-05-2008, 05:04 AM
5am here. Sleep before playoffs never works out for me.

same here 5:02 am.

JackHammer
01-05-2008, 05:08 AM
I just gave in to the temptation of Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA. Two or three of these and I'll be able to sleep like a baby....

Preacher
01-05-2008, 05:17 AM
I am getting pretty sleepy here... but this is about my normal bedtime.

I'm not too excited about the game... but I think that is because I don't expect much this year... anything we get... any wins we get, will just build on Ben's legacy (and santo's) at this point of the game.

However, I would be ecstatic if Ben took us to another Lombardi!!

JackHammer
01-05-2008, 05:53 AM
I am getting pretty sleepy here... but this is about my normal bedtime.

I'm not too excited about the game... but I think that is because I don't expect much this year... anything we get... any wins we get, will just build on Ben's legacy (and santo's) at this point of the game.

However, I would be ecstatic if Ben took us to another Lombardi!!

I can't say I'm not excited, but I share a similar sentiment in that any win from here on out is a bonus to an already successful season. I'm basically satisfied with what we did with a rookie coach and with the injuries plaguing us, my expectations for the playoffs have come down a bit. So IF we do lose tonight, I'll still be mad that the season is over, but I'll be happy with what we accomplished. That being said, I do expect us to win tonight :tt02:

ohiosteelerfan20
01-05-2008, 06:12 AM
I am going to work today just so I don't sit around the house climbing the walls all day. A 8:00 start is just too long to wait. I used to live on the west coast with those 10:00 start times. So the normal 1:00 start time here, is still tough.That being said, I have a good feeling about tonight game.:tt02: and:jammin:

rpv
01-05-2008, 06:59 AM
There is no playoff buzz around this city this yr..even at work everybody seems to have given up on the team. there is happiness that they are in the playoffs but there is a calm resignation about their chances this yr. I dont know if it is because of the way they have been playing this past mnth or the realisation that even if we win this game there is New England lying in wait!!!!!

GO STEELERS!!!!. Hope the stadium does not empty if the Jags get up on the steelers early.

stillers4me
01-05-2008, 08:24 AM
There is no playoff buzz around this city this yr..even at work everybody seems to have given up on the team. there is happiness that they are in the playoffs but there is a calm resignation about their chances this yr. I dont know if it is because of the way they have been playing this past mnth or the realisation that even if we win this game there is New England lying in wait!!!!!

GO STEELERS!!!!. Hope the stadium does not empty if the Jags get up on the steelers early.

Who are these people????????

A bunch of Bungle fans?????????????????????

Here we go, Steelers, here we go!

sherlock
01-05-2008, 08:36 AM
[QUOTE=rpv;350697]There is no playoff buzz around this city this yr..even at work everybody seems to have given up on the team. there is happiness that they are in the playoffs but there is a calm resignation about their chances this yr. I dont know if it is because of the way they have been playing this past mnth or the realisation that even if we win this game there is New England lying in wait!!!!!

I can`t believe this rpv!!!......I guess there`s no point the Steelers even turning up then!! :bouncy:

stillers4me
01-05-2008, 08:45 AM
[QUOTE=rpv;350697]There is no playoff buzz around this city this yr..even at work everybody seems to have given up on the team. there is happiness that they are in the playoffs but there is a calm resignation about their chances this yr. I dont know if it is because of the way they have been playing this past mnth or the realisation that even if we win this game there is New England lying in wait!!!!!

I can`t believe this rpv!!!......I guess there`s no point the Steelers even turning up then!! :bouncy:

Not according to the sports media and the Roger Goodell..........the Patriots* hype has sucked all the joy out of the seasin. It's now officially known as The Bogus Season.

GutterflowerSteel
01-05-2008, 08:47 AM
I'm antsy - it's HOURS til kickoff! I'm going to watch football all day with a Redskins fan that I just started dating - hopefully both teams will emerge from the weekend VICTORIOUS!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!!! :tt02:

Atlanta Dan
01-05-2008, 09:03 AM

Agreed I am not that excited at the moment but I assume the enthusiasm will kick in by game time - the season is ending on a down note but I can never take a playoff game for granted - as you posted earlier, the low expectations may in some way make a win even more enjoyable

19ward86
01-05-2008, 11:16 AM
wow, that is weird everybody, i took 2 tylenol pm's and i was out like a lamp. lol
i cant wait for another underdog victory from us.

stillers4me
01-05-2008, 01:47 PM
wow, that is weird everybody, i took 2 tylenol pm's and i was out like a lamp. lol
i cant wait for another underdog victory from us.

'Atta boy!! :tt02:

steel striker
01-05-2008, 03:32 PM
Well i have been fired up all week for this game and, the way the media has tried to beat us does not bother me. How short there memory is because we all remember the 2005 SB run which no one gave us a chance. So with that being said I really think are defense will show up and play smash mouth football. Big Ben will lead us to victory! It is 3:30 pm here and, I can't wait for tonight. Here we go Steelers, here we go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Edman
01-05-2008, 04:05 PM
I'm somewhat nervous. My emotions have been held in check all week. I haven't been fired up, but I haven't been down in the dumps either. Just a calm resignation.

It seems the city has been feeling that way too. It's eerily quiet. I've seen a few Steeler flags on cars, but overall it's been a ghost town in Pittsburgh. Maybe it's been the way the Steelers have limped into the playoffs, combined with the fact that Jacksonville beat them last time in a somewhat embarrassing fashion.

The Steelers' backs are against the wall. Jacksonville is the hot team people love and have a lot momentum. The Steelers are home underdogs. Nope, not much to get excited about. But we'll see...

Preacher
01-05-2008, 06:52 PM
Agreed I am not that excited at the moment but I assume the enthusiasm will kick in by game time - the season is ending on a down note but I can never take a playoff game for granted - as you posted earlier, the low expectations may in some way make a win even more enjoyable

About an hour away from the game... and I sure am starting to get excited now!!

FrancosArmy09
01-05-2008, 06:54 PM
For me, these are the moments that make the entire season for me. It's been a rough year, full of tons of ups and downs and craziness. There is NOTHING like being a Steelers fan hours before a home playoff game. I've been bouncing off the walls all afternoon and can barely contain myself. I could go on and on but I know I'm preaching to the choir to nearly everyone here.

19ward86
01-05-2008, 07:10 PM
i am just sitting in a recliner watching the redskins-seahawks game getting ready to pull my hair out. this is intense, i dont think i can handle a loss tonight, it has been 2 yrs too long since the last playoff game.

Preacher
01-05-2008, 07:15 PM
This is a GREAT GAME!!!!!

Steeler in Carolina
01-05-2008, 07:31 PM
Man, this Skins-Seahawks game is a good one. 1/2 until kickoff. We start the quest for ring number 6 tonight. Never lose faith.

Preacher
01-05-2008, 07:39 PM
Man, this Skins-Seahawks game is a good one. 1/2 until kickoff. We start the quest for ring number 6 tonight. Never lose faith.

I am starting to get excited....

and starting to get that HOMERISM EXTRAORDINAIRE attitude...

We are going to destroy them!!!!!!!!!!!11