PDA

View Full Version : Burress' Hammy

SteelersWyo
12-07-2004, 05:48 PM
Any news is Steeltown about his hamstring. I only get limited news here is Wyoming. The offense has been scoring fewer and fewer points each week without him. I have a bad feeling it will catch up to them soon, and with New England still winning that could be bad.

Prosdo
12-08-2004, 02:26 AM
This is from Bill Cowher's press conference. We have four players that are questionable: Verron Haynes with a knee, Plaxico Burress with his hamstring, and again, he will be day to day, Kimo von Oelhoffen with his knee, and Brett Keisel with a hamstring.

Hope that helps.

Stephanie

SteelersFever
12-10-2004, 09:26 AM
Plaxico Burress will be sidelined a third straight game when the Pittsburgh Steelers welcome the New York Jets.

Not good. :(

BlitzburghRockCity
12-10-2004, 02:36 PM
Bill and company are taking extra precautions with Plax, just as they did with Duce. They want him ready for the playoffs no matter what, so if he has to sit out another game, it'll benefit us in the long run.

Prosdo
12-11-2004, 08:52 PM
I understand and agree, but would have been nice to see Plax back out there. Rather have him get 100% though for the later games. Let's Go Steelers!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-14-2004, 02:16 PM
We definately miss him, whether he's a pro bowl WR or not, he still commands double coverage anytime he goes out in any kind of pattern..which boads well for Hines & El.

Its definately a difference w/out him being in there.

Prosdo
12-16-2004, 01:35 AM
I agree it is a big difference. With Plax it opens up the passing game. In that it also usually opens up the run a bit when you can go to both the pass and run easily. Hopefully he will be back soon.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-22-2004, 02:13 PM
THis definately boads well for us getting plax signed to a new contract next offseason. he and the steelers both know we need him.