PDA

View Full Version : Hey Guys the Jags Are a Really Good

SteelDogFan
01-06-2008, 12:25 AM
But the Steelers mistakes that lost this game. Big Ben learned alot about himself. I hope next year he is even better and I think he will be

The Steelers played a really good team that has been on the rise for 3-4 years now. The jags may not go far but the announcers are right they are a very good team and this year they were better than our Steelers. They may not win there next game but they are really good.

This is Tomlins first year with a team comming off a bad year. We will see what our new coach is like next year i cant wait. Ill bet he drafts a DE that can rush the passer and a corner that can cover. for the cover two scheme.

I posted this in the game forum, this years jags remind me of a team from our past,

Good QB manage the game dont lose it
Great defense tough and physical
2 back system with a bruiser and a quick back.

2004, Steelers 15-1

BlastFurnace
01-06-2008, 12:36 AM
They are going to get destroyed next week at NE. Absolutely destroyed.

HometownGal
01-06-2008, 12:36 AM
I've gotta give props where due. The Jags are a very good football team and they don't quit. They are very well coached and I see them giving NE one helluva game next week. This is the team I'm going to be pulling for to go all the way.

Steelerfreak58
01-06-2008, 12:38 AM
They are going to get destroyed next week at NE. Absolutely destroyed.

What the Steelers did in the first drive and then Arians must have gotten hit on the ****ing head and went stupid the Patriots will do all game long to the Jags.

That first drive was what the Steelers should have been doing all season long with the lack of offensive line protection Ben was getting but Arians just can't call a complete game of football.

jjpro11
01-06-2008, 12:39 AM
whatever.. we were literally running on our last legs and gave it all we had.. the injuries were too much to overcome in the end. when you looked at this team heading into the playoffs, did you really see a super bowl caliber team?

Edman
01-06-2008, 12:39 AM
The Jags are a good team. I'll be the first to admit that. But this injury-riddled ice cold Steelers team had them on the ropes despite turning the ball over quite a few times.

New England will hammer them next week.

HometownGal
01-06-2008, 12:40 AM
whatever.. we were literally running on our last legs and gave it all we had.. the injuries were too much to overcome in the end. when you looked at this team heading into the playoffs, did you really see a super bowl caliber team?

No, unfortunately.

jjpro11
01-06-2008, 12:42 AM
No, unfortunately.

neither did I, but homerism usually supersedes doubt until they finally do lose.

CantStop85
01-06-2008, 12:43 AM
Unfortunately, the Steelers got dealt their worst possible matchup outside of New England. The Jags just beat Pittsburgh at their own game...Bill Cowher style.

PalmerSteel
01-06-2008, 12:47 AM
all other things aside, the jags will get wooped on next week just because of the pounding both teams took in todays game. since jack has been coach, they have idolized and mocked our franchise for sure. props to them for surpassing us today. we will need to get that steelers edge back next year. we need to decide what kind of team we are gonna be next year before the free agency starts up though. too many questions on what we want to put our stamp on as to what we will do best.

Preacher
01-06-2008, 12:47 AM
Unfortunately, the Steelers got dealt their worst possible matchup outside of New England. The Jags just beat Pittsburgh at their own game...Bill Cowher style.

I gotta disagree with you in one place....

They didn't beat us, we beat ourselves. I can think of about 5 places that we could have done something different... and won the game.

Atlanta Dan
01-06-2008, 12:48 AM
The Jags are a good team. I'll be the first to admit that. But this injury-riddled ice cold Steelers team had them on the ropes despite turning the ball over quite a few times.

New England will hammer them next week.

I thought the Jags could test New England until tonight

After seeing he Steelers run a New England type offense to start the game and in the second half (until getting the ball back with 3&1/2 minutes left:dang:), unless the weather is bad Brady will torch the Jags and Garrard does not have the chops to score a lot of points

jjpro11
01-06-2008, 12:49 AM

well we blew our chance at a 3rd seed anyways by losing some stupid games. but if you arent capable of beating the best teams, then you just dont belong in the playoffs anyhow. we were a completely different team now than what we were in the beginning of the season, primarily due to injuries. but thats just the way it is.

TackleMeBen
01-06-2008, 12:54 AM
I can think of about 5 places that we could have done something different... and won the game.

not letting the jax qb run for what 30yds on 4th down???? i hope next season during training camp we learn how to tackle. the defense tackling was terrible in the last 4 or 5 games. and then we are making stupid mistakes that are penalties.

Steel_Bus_24
01-06-2008, 12:55 AM
Unless theres really bad weather( even then those scumbags get lucky breaks)...the Jags will probably get murdered by 17 or more. If we can do that to them then NE certainly will.

I can't stand Jax NE, Ind, and Hopefully Green Bay wins the SB and Brett Favre retires thus sparing us all of the hoopla that comes with him coming back every year

jjpro11
01-06-2008, 12:56 AM
Unless theres really bad weather( even then those scumbags get lucky breaks)...the Jags will probably get murdered by 17 or more. If we can do that to them then NE certainly will.

I can't stand Jax NE, Ind, and Hopefully Green Bay wins the SB and Brett Favre retires thus sparing us all of the hoopla that comes with him coming back every year

i'll take any team in the playoffs to win the super bowl over new england. i dont care who they are.. favre would be the best story, but i dont even want the patriots in the super bowl.

CantStop85
01-06-2008, 01:00 AM
I gotta disagree with you in one place....

They didn't beat us, we beat ourselves. I can think of about 5 places that we could have done something different... and won the game.

Eh, I'll agree they beat themselves at the end...but the Jags helped the cause letting them back in the game in the first place, missing the field goal that would've sealed it and giving up a three score lead.

Nevertheless, I would be questioning the 2 point attempts by the Steelers...especially after the 10 yard (phantom) penalty. Not to mention the 3rd down decision to run the ball. The probability of picking up a first on that play was remote and even though the run ran some clock, the Jaguars still had an ample amount of time to work with.

stillers4me
01-06-2008, 01:03 AM
The Pats* are going to eat them alive. We were playing with one hand tied behind our backs and they barely beat us.

Steel_Bus_24
01-06-2008, 01:04 AM
Eh, I'll agree they beat themselves at the end...but the Jags helped the cause letting them back in the game in the first place, missing the field goal that would've sealed it and giving up a three score lead.

Nevertheless, I would be questioning the 2 point attempts by the Steelers...especially after the 10 yard (phantom) penalty. Not to mention the 3rd down decision to run the ball. The probability of picking up a first on that play was remote and even though the run ran some clock, the Jaguars still had an ample amount of time to work with.

especially with only a 24 net yard punt:dang:

TackleMeBen
01-06-2008, 01:09 AM
The Pats* are going to eat them alive. We were playing with one hand tied behind our backs and they barely beat us.

yes, but if the jax defense can get to brady then he probably will make some mistakes that they can capitalize on

eafratitpm3
01-06-2008, 01:09 AM
I didn't read any of this thread but IMO the JAGS will get blown out of the stadium if they play NE or Indy like they played us. Things that neither Indy or NE wil do:
1. Basically give up a KO return.
2. Throw 3 Int's one of which was returned for a TD.

For all the injuries we had and evrything that I mentioned above and Jax to only come away with a last minute FG is rediculous.

Preacher
01-06-2008, 01:11 AM

Nothing I can argue with there.

Rhee Rhee
01-06-2008, 04:12 AM
if there's one team still left in the playoffs that can beat NE its not Indy... It's the jags... tonite for most of the second half we played a D that no team left in the playoffs and no team in the NFL could have duplicated.... NE defense is old and will be in for a shock of their lives when MoJo cracks someone in the chin... i hope the jags win the superbowl and end the patriots win streak..

bozz723
01-06-2008, 04:42 AM

You're honestly retarded. I doubt you even watched this game. You may have watched last game, but not this game.

We outgained them by 150 yards, controlled the clock, and generally outplayed them

This game was given away and you can not even say that the Jaguaras pressure forced Ben into those ints. It was a bad decision. The Jaguars did nothing he had open recievers all over the place.

Stop spouting off shit about being "out steelered" because they got 69 total yards rushing or something, were out gained, and lost the time of possesion.

So what about this game were they out "steelered?"

Quit being a ****ing moron you idiot.

Think for yourself.

bozz723
01-06-2008, 04:44 AM
For good measure the Jags will get massacred next week. No matter who they play. They are a horrible horrible team.

They in effect suck. We would have lost to the browns, ravens, bengals, texans, raiders, etc..today.

The Jaguars really do suck.

bozz723
01-06-2008, 04:45 AM
Also, I hope the Jaguars win the superbowl though.

Galax Steeler
01-06-2008, 07:30 AM
I don't even think it is going to be a game next week if the jags don't play better ball.