PDA

View Full Version : What's with the ticky-tack calls!

AvoidLLoyd95
10-23-2005, 01:33 PM
How do you call either of those personal foul calls? Especially Ike Taylor's. Isn't the point of football to tackle the opponent with the ball until the whistle blows? Unneccesary roughness my ass!

AvoidLLoyd95
10-23-2005, 01:34 PM
BTW, Heath Miller is a MONSTER!

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
10-23-2005, 01:51 PM
BTW, Heath Miller is a MONSTER!

and it looks like they are going to be using Heath all season long.
Thank God

BurghThing
10-23-2005, 01:53 PM
Tackling is only illegal if WE do it. Just like fumbles only count if we do it, Cincy is allowed to fumble the ball apparently.

AvoidLLoyd95
10-23-2005, 02:02 PM
FAST WILLY PARKER FOR 6!!!!! :grin:

AvoidLLoyd95
10-23-2005, 02:19 PM
86 Em'! Bungles On The Ropes!

TasmanianTroy271
10-23-2005, 03:09 PM
Of course, we've gotten these calls ever since the NE game, it's crap of course... but then again, Bengals will complain that CJ's touchdown was good and other calls, even though they lost by 2 touchdowns :P

Livinginthe past
10-23-2005, 03:11 PM
Im afraid every physical team is getting these calls...its no Pittsburgh conspiracy.

As I said in the game thread - look no further than the leagues only unbeaten team if you want someone to blame for overprotection of offensive players...including QB's who you arent allowed to hit any more without a roughing the passer call....it makes for football ballet.

NM

AvoidLLoyd95
10-23-2005, 03:17 PM
Good night Bungles, I knew you would be the same old team.

bengalsfan21
10-23-2005, 03:40 PM
Tackling is only illegal if WE do it. Just like fumbles only count if we do it, Cincy is allowed to fumble the ball apparently.

When a player is out of bounds your not aloud to tackle them...........And you not aloud to spike the ball and throw a hissy fit.

SteelCurtain
10-23-2005, 03:56 PM
i do remember him being clearly imbounds and continuing to try to gain yards...maybe im just stupid...

Suitanim
10-23-2005, 04:00 PM
When a player is out of bounds your not aloud to tackle them...........And you not aloud to spike the ball and throw a hissy fit.

That's right. Unfortunately, the tackle was made on the field, and Chris Perry spiked the ball and talked shit just a few minutes later...not called.

You Bungles were bitch slapped today. Quit making excuses. Man up.

BurghThing
10-23-2005, 04:03 PM
No answer to the fumble though, eh? Didn't matter, we kicked your asses up and down the field today, can't wait for December when we do it again IN OUR HOUSE this time!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
10-23-2005, 04:05 PM
If you are referring to that ike taylor personal foul.. u know all to well he didnt deliberately do it to be mean, he was falling forward and had players behind him... but either way, they will call that every time ..

AvoidLLoyd95
10-23-2005, 04:07 PM
How DID Chad do today? I think he was owned by the Steeler backups. And his hand did hit out of bounds first. Go cry in your beer and have your own hissy fit.

Suitanim
10-23-2005, 04:24 PM
Chad was covered well by Ike..but Chad caught 4 balls for 94 yards, so he'll claim a personal victory. Know why? It's ALL about Chad...

As a matter of fact, he'll probably talk in third person after he's done blaming others and crying.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-23-2005, 04:27 PM
I think ike should send Chad some http://img.epinions.com/images/ext/well/482/wellMedicineOTCAllPepto_Bismol_Original_Formula_Li quid.jpg

SteelrsRck
10-23-2005, 04:42 PM
i agree with those two calls the Taylor call i think was a bad call though

TasmanianTroy271
10-23-2005, 04:43 PM
lol That'd be great if Ike sent Chad some Pepto Bismol. He probably couldnt use it though, it'd tarnish his teeth. I think Hines could have had a better dance though for his TD catch. I like Brett Kiesel's idea for a dance (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-review/sports/steelerslive/s_385876.html) ...

I can dance with the best of them. I'd start with "The Snake," break into a little "Running Man" and finish up with "The Moonwalk." People would love it.
I would love it. Here's to Kiesel getting an interception TD! :cheers:

BengalBrian
10-23-2005, 08:20 PM
Good night Bungles, I knew you would be the same old team.

Give me a break.. Same old team my ass.. Yes you beat us, but if you doubt us at all, you are stupid

Koopa
10-23-2005, 08:29 PM
yeah, the bengals are still a good team, maybe not on our level.........yet. they got a great team there and with more experince they are going to be hell to deal with.

AvoidLLoyd95
10-23-2005, 08:38 PM
Give me a break.. Same old team my ass.. Yes you beat us, but if you doubt us at all, you are stupid
I don't actually play for the Steelers, do you? The only thing I doubt is if they will rebound from that loss. Call me stupid, but I am celebrating the win tonight while you are wishing what could have been......

SteelrsRck
10-24-2005, 06:31 AM
You know whats Funny is i was watching the Buffalo-Raiders game yesterday and one of the Raiders Linebackers picked up Holcolmb and slammed him into the ground just like taylor did to Chad but No flag was thrown and it was on a QB even

I think the Refs need to all get together and discuss how to Ref a game either they all call the same calls or not

Livinginthe past
10-24-2005, 06:36 AM
You know whats Funny is i was watching the Buffalo-Raiders game yesterday and one of the Raiders Linebackers picked up Holcolmb and slammed him into the ground just like taylor did to Chad but No flag was thrown and it was on a QB even

I think the Refs need to all get together and discuss how to Ref a game either they all call the same calls or not

I watched that game too - when did the Bills D get so awful - they made Jordan look like a starting quality RB.....

I was expecting a solid running game and unspectacular QB play coupled with an aggressive talented D effort......all we got was the unspectacular QB play.

I have to say I cant see how that team can hurt us...but it is division game...so you never know.

Cheers

NM

SteelrsRck
10-24-2005, 06:59 AM
Yea it was awfull jordan made the bills D just plain look like chopped liver at one point in time there like 6 bills in front of him and he would just juke and spin and none of them even touched him

On another note how about woodson breaking his leg in the first Qtr I could feel his pain after seeing that

SteelrsRck
10-24-2005, 12:19 PM
http://www.post-gazette.com/images3/20051024pd_fbn_taylor_cjohnsonPJ_450.jpg

Troy wanted a piece of that

rowedf
10-24-2005, 12:40 PM
oh wow, look, he's IN BOUNDS!

bengalsfan21
10-24-2005, 01:29 PM
No answer to the fumble though, eh? Didn't matter, we kicked your asses up and down the field today, can't wait for December when we do it again IN OUR HOUSE this time!!!

Clearly was a fumble but I guess the refs felt bad for letting your guys get away with a few pass interference calls.

rowedf
10-24-2005, 01:33 PM
Clearly was a fumble but I guess the refs felt bad for letting your guys get away with a few pass interference calls.

Dude, come on, don't you think CJ and Housh woulda been bitchin about more calls if they were soooo obvious to the fans? First time I've ever heard CJ be so humble about a corner....I'm gonna have to say THEY PLAYED GOOD, not the refs blew calls.

Grey
10-24-2005, 02:08 PM
Im afraid every physical team is getting these calls...its no Pittsburgh conspiracy.

As I said in the game thread - look no further than the leagues only unbeaten team if you want someone to blame for overprotection of offensive players...including QB's who you arent allowed to hit any more without a roughing the passer call....it makes for football ballet.

NM

I agree completely. It's as if they are trying to take the toughness out of football, and teams that build their success on a physical style get the worst of it.

I think that for unnecessary roughness calls, there should be a 5 yard and a 15 yard version, just like the facemask penalties. That way Ike would have only gotten a 5 yard penalty. Some of these calls are following the rules, but the intent is not there to warrant 15 yards.

Here we go.
Grey

BigCat
10-24-2005, 11:29 PM
oh wow, look, he's IN BOUNDS!
You have to be a freaking moron. It wasn't a late hit out of bounds. Taylor lifted Johnson off the ground and body slammed him with all his weight behind it. And that is a personal foul. Even if you don't think so.

SteelrsRck
10-25-2005, 06:54 AM
There was a play that was i believe in the First half where we got called for a personal foul for hitting CJ out of bounds in a pile up i think that is what he was refereing too which was a good call cause we did hit him out of bounds

HeroDecks
10-25-2005, 08:05 AM

WE?? Since when are you a member of the Steelers?

Livinginthe past
10-25-2005, 09:46 AM
WE?? Since when are you a member of the Steelers?

Oh no...not another poster obsessed with fans referring to their team in the 1st person....Hammer67 has something of a hang-up about this aswell.

People will often refer to the team they support in this way because :

1. The fans are just as important to a franchise than the players...maybe even more so

2. Its easier than typing in your teams name everytime you have a point to make....

NM

Suitanim
10-25-2005, 09:53 AM
Oh no...not another poster obsessed with fans referring to their team in the 1st person....Hammer67 has something of a hang-up about this aswell.

1. The fans are just as important to a franchise than the players...maybe even more so

2. Its easier than typing in your teams name everytime you have a point to make....

NM

Identifying with your team? Bad.
Identifying yourself as a brand of sports trading card? Good?

rowedf
10-25-2005, 09:54 AM

NM

Here ye, here ye...thank you LivinginThePast ! I'm sick and tired of people raggin on people when they refer to a team as WE or US or THEM........I swear, they do it when they have nothing worthwhile to reply with so they pull that card!

Iron City Hangover
10-25-2005, 10:37 AM
You have to be a freaking moron. It wasn't a late hit out of bounds. Taylor lifted Johnson off the ground and body slammed him with all his weight behind it. And that is a personal foul. Even if you don't think so.
You have to excuse him, he's looking at the play from the view point of a maligned fan and not as a football spectator.

AvoidLLoyd95
10-25-2005, 03:15 PM
Hey ICH, what's with all the negative avatar and pictures of the Steelers? Why don't you come clean and tell us who you really route for because it is obviuosly not the Steelers.

Iron City Hangover
10-25-2005, 03:19 PM
Hey ICH, what's with all the negative avatar and pictures of the Steelers? Why don't you come clean and tell us who you really route for because it is obviuosly not the Steelers.
I had a different avatar and signature. Those apparently weren't well received either. So I went with more offensive material in the interests of good gamesmanship. I do not have a current team of preference.

It's sad how the Steelers treated Greg Lloyd.

AvoidLLoyd95
10-25-2005, 04:44 PM
I had a different avatar and signature. Those apparently weren't well received either. So I went with more offensive material in the interests of good gamesmanship. I do not have a current team of preference.

It's sad how the Steelers treated Greg Lloyd.
I agree that they did not treat him too well after his injury. But we as fans obviously don't actually know what happened regarding that as we aren't in the orginization. There will always be the memories of him crushing opponents into the turf like little menthat they were.

I have more respect for the Bengal fans on here than you. At least they hate the Steelers for a reason, you just want to be a prick, so it seems. But, that is your choice and I'll respect that.

Iron City Hangover
10-25-2005, 08:07 PM
I have more respect for the Bengal fans on here than you. At least they hate the Steelers for a reason, you just want to be a prick, so it seems. But, that is your choice and I'll respect that.
:rofl: So the protocol is to insult a person if they have a different opinion... :rofl:

Chalk up another one!

You don't understand so you insult. What a clown.

BigCat
10-25-2005, 08:19 PM
I agree completely. It's as if they are trying to take the toughness out of football, and teams that build their success on a physical style get the worst of it.

I think that for unnecessary roughness calls, there should be a 5 yard and a 15 yard version, just like the facemask penalties. That way Ike would have only gotten a 5 yard penalty. Some of these calls are following the rules, but the intent is not there to warrant 15 yards.

Here we go.
Grey
I have to agree with you on that one. In a game like that when emotions are high, it's tough to control yourself on the field.

AvoidLLoyd95
10-26-2005, 05:07 AM
:rofl: So the protocol is to insult a person if they have a different opinion... :rofl:

Chalk up another one!

You don't understand so you insult. What a clown.
What's not to understand? The only reason you are on here is to give negative comments. This is your choice. I don't consider that an insult, I consider it as fact. There is always one person like you, so I guess I'll chalk you up. I'm glad I can amuse you.

Iron City Hangover
10-26-2005, 08:09 AM
What's not to understand? The only reason you are on here is to give negative comments. This is your choice. I don't consider that an insult, I consider it as fact. There is always one person like you, so I guess I'll chalk you up. I'm glad I can amuse you.
www.mapquest.com

you'll find your way eventually

AvoidLLoyd95
10-26-2005, 03:05 PM
www.mapquest.com

you'll find your way eventually

Where exactly am I supposed to be going? If that was some unsuccesful way of insulting me, well, o.k. I guess my feelings are hurt. Ouch.

Iron City Hangover
10-26-2005, 03:16 PM
Where exactly am I supposed to be going? If that was some unsuccesful way of insulting me, well, o.k. I guess my feelings are hurt. Ouch.
I wasn't trying to insult you. You were the one who called me a prick without being provoked because you didn't understand my avatar or signature. Sounds pretty lost to me so I suggested mapquest.

Moving on.

AvoidLLoyd95
10-26-2005, 03:35 PM
I wasn't trying to insult you. You were the one who called me a prick without being provoked because you didn't understand my avatar or signature. Sounds pretty lost to me so I suggested mapquest.

Moving on.

I didn't call you a prick because of your signature or avatar, simply because of your attitude. It sucks. Opinions are great, everyone has them. Obviously you don't like mine either. So I guess we are on even ground. I on the other hand don't pretend to be a fan of the Steelers just to provoke arguments with other people. My opinion is that you are a sad, lonely person that has a chip on your shoulder about something. Thing is, I don't care what it is. If you want to continue this game of back and forth arguing, feel free. you amuse me. If not, I won't lose any sleep over you.

Moving on.

Iron City Hangover
10-26-2005, 04:07 PM
If not, I won't lose any sleep over you.

Moving on.
Great. We agree.

Back to the previous discussion:

It's too bad Greg Lloyd got hurt, he could have been a monster when he went to Carolina. They somewhat had repackaged Steeler players in Carolina anyway (Greene, Lloyd).

AvoidLLoyd95
10-26-2005, 04:45 PM
Great. We agree.

Back to the previous discussion:

It's too bad Greg Lloyd got hurt, he could have been a monster when he went to Carolina. They somewhat had repackaged Steeler players in Carolina anyway (Greene, Lloyd).

I don't think he would have been shipped out of Pittsburgh had he not been hurt. If I recall, it was a dirty needle that gave him a staph infection in his knee that did him in. It was a shame. He would have made a good coach for them. I heard some bad things about his personal life but don't know all the details. He was a great player in my opinion. I miss seeing him play.

AvoidLLoyd95
10-26-2005, 05:38 PM
I don't think he would have been shipped out of Pittsburgh had he not been hurt. If I recall, it was a dirty needle that gave him a staph infection in his knee that did him in. It was a shame. He would have made a good coach for them. I heard some bad things about his personal life but don't know all the details. He was a great player in my opinion. I miss seeing him play.
My bad, it was his ankle that had the infection.