PDA

View Full Version : I was SO HAMMERED OFF at Big Ben tonight....

ColoradoSteelerFan
01-06-2008, 01:54 AM
...even after the game. I was sulking around thinking about how, although he played great in the 2nd half, it was his FIRST half that all but sunk the game.

Then I was packing away Christmas stuff after the game. I was taking off the ornaments from the tree and came across the Big Ben Roethlisberger ornament that my wife gave me for Christmas this year. I looked at it for several minutes and all the thoughts of what this guy has done for this team over the past 4 seasons came back.

We are lucky to have this guy wearing #7 on the Pittsburgh Steelers. He produced his best year statistically even considering all the injuries and playing behind a pretty inept offensive line. Where would the Pittsburgh Steelers be without him? They wouldn't have gotten the one for the thumb....nor would they have even made the playoffs this season. So as we sulk and pout over the next few weeks lets remember to be thankful for Ben Roethlisberger and hope we never....EVER....have to watch him play in another teams uniform!

Preacher
01-06-2008, 01:59 AM
...even after the game. I was sulking around thinking about how, although he played great in the 2nd half, it was his FIRST half that all but sunk the game.

Then I was packing away Christmas stuff after the game. I was taking off the ornaments from the tree and came across the Big Ben Roethlisberger ornament that my wife gave me for Christmas this year. I looked at it for several minutes and all the thoughts of what this guy has done for this team over the past 4 seasons came back.

We are lucky to have this guy wearing #7 on the Pittsburgh Steelers. He produced his best year statistically even considering all the injuries and playing behind a pretty inept offensive line. Where would the Pittsburgh Steelers be without him? They wouldn't have gotten the one for the thumb....nor would they have even made the playoffs this season. So as we sulk and pout over the next few weeks lets remember to be thankful for Ben Roethlisberger and hope we never....EVER....have to watch him play in another teams uniform!

Absolutely.

I am not sure what those two long passes were. His pick on the screen was jsut a great play on the D.

We are lucky, and will gave a great set of years with him as QB.

Rhee Rhee
01-06-2008, 03:00 AM
Absolutely.

I am not sure what those two long passes were. His pick on the screen was jsut a great play on the D.

We are lucky, and will gave a great set of years with him as QB.

definitely... agree... our future as a team is also quite bright with willie parker, santonio, ben, lamarr, troy, ike and basically our nucleus of young guys being south of 30

Galax Steeler
01-06-2008, 05:56 AM
I think we have a team we can contend with the next few years just need to adress the offensive line.

larue777
01-06-2008, 08:09 AM
It was shocking in a way to see him force those two long ones. I'd like to have those final 25 seconds back too.

Steelerfreak58
01-06-2008, 08:35 AM
Win or lose Ben was the reason we made it to the playoffs this year. His play and his play alone carried this team many many times this season.

Once again he put the team on his shoulders and yes he made a few mistakes and it hurt us but I wouldn't want any other QB throwing the ball for the Steelers.

If we get him some decent O-Line men to protect him next year we will be in the playoffs again but in a much better position to win.