PDA

View Full Version : Ward slated for surgery?

steelers2685
01-06-2008, 10:51 PM
Saw a brief news clip that Hines Ward is going to go under the knife within the week I guess? I know he took an awkward hit on that goal line catch he made, but has anyone else heard specifically what the injury is and what the surgery will involve? The news clip is the first I heard of it so thought I'd bring it up here.

Hines is a true Steeler. :helmet: And one of the key reasons we got back in the game last night to begin with. :jammin::cheers::tt02:

The Duke
01-06-2008, 10:55 PM
Wonder what he's gonna operate.

whatever it is I hope he gets better and ready for next season

the man is a warrior, and he always comes up big in the playoffs. his first 100 yard game of the season....in the playoffs. and he was knocking down defenders everywhere on the field. man....the steelers are gonna be real different when he retires

stillers4me
01-06-2008, 10:59 PM
I haven't heard anything abpout Ward. He sure was feisty yesterday,

My husband and I have been wondering if Troy was going to need that knee of his scoped soon.

NV STEELERS 723
01-06-2008, 11:13 PM
Ward has the biggest heart ! Top 3 STEELERS WR of all time.. only Swan and Stallworth are past him because of SB wins

83-Steelers-43
01-06-2008, 11:15 PM
And in the off-season, Ward tells us that he'll be having surgery in the next few days,

http://kdka.com/sports/Steelers.post.season.2.624258.html

Preacher
01-07-2008, 12:21 AM
I bet you it was from that Arizona game.

steelers2685
01-07-2008, 12:24 AM
Well he re-aggravated it last night. I loved how he bounced back up though and got in Mathis' face. WOOT! Hines is the man.

jjpro11
01-07-2008, 12:27 AM
I bet you it was from that Arizona game.

no.. it all started in the 49ers game where ben threw two consecutive high passes, leaving ward fully exposed and getting hit hard both times.

Galax Steeler
01-07-2008, 04:48 AM
Whatever it is I hope he gets better and ready for next year he is a big part of our offense.

stillers4me
01-07-2008, 06:24 AM
Ward also tell KDKA that he will undergo knee surgery for both MCL and ACL issues.

I wish people would stop blaming Ben for everything.

Elvis
01-07-2008, 07:12 AM
:coffee: Yeh.. thats right. It all aint Ben's fault. He had a great season this year and was 2nd in passer rating and 3rd in TD passes in the NFL only to who?..... Tom Brady's 50! So get off Ben's back and spread the blame out around the whole team. Offensiveline... WR's dropping easy passes... OL missing blocks... Aaron Smith going down with an injury.. Troy Polomalu injuries that have lasted now for 2 years... Things happen and there is plenty of blame for everyone... even coach Tomlin... going for the 2 point conversion from the 12 yard line saturday night... just kick the extra point and come back later and get it done. Bruce Arians... hasnt shown anything new since week 8... I think along with maybe the special teams coach.. that Arians should be Gone.
:tt02:

Rhee Rhee
01-07-2008, 03:09 PM
Ward has the biggest heart ! Top 3 STEELERS WR of all time.. only Swan and Stallworth are past him because of SB wins

im jw where does marino rank on ur top QBs list...

Dino 6 Rings
01-07-2008, 04:07 PM
im jw where does marino rank on ur top QBs list...

Very high for me.

Montana (on game day, you knew he'd get it done)
Marino (did the most at QB ever with the least talent around him)
Manning (as a pure passer)
Bradshaw (Total Homer Call)
Stauback (great leader, and team player and passer.)
Aikman (lead his team behind a potent offensive attack)
Favre (plays like each play is his last, great arm, great football player)
Brady * (if proven he cheats in anyway, lifetime ban.)

conservativesteelers
01-07-2008, 04:34 PM
Very high for me.

Brady ( great player, can't run.. but with protection awesome vision and excellent accuracy, will finish games strong, might be aided *)

TackleMeBen
01-07-2008, 04:38 PM

and here i thought it was willie parker's fault??? so who's fault is it?? willie or ben??? :wink02:

steelers2685
01-07-2008, 04:56 PM
It sure isn't Ben's fault as he is a playmaker and tries to make things happen. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't (int's). Definitely isn't Willie's fault because he hasn't had the support up front, and getting out of a set including a blocking back really hurts.

Back to topic, however. This thread's about Ward's surgery. Take player lists and grumbles in another thread please.

The Duke
01-07-2008, 05:59 PM
and here i thought it was willie parker's fault??? so who's fault is it?? willie or ben??? :wink02:

arians? :hunch:

BlastFurnace
01-07-2008, 06:05 PM
Very high for me.

I would take Brady over every single one of them. I became an NFL fan in the mid 70's and Brady is the best QB I have ever seen.

Atlanta Dan
01-07-2008, 06:19 PM
I would take Brady over every single one of them. I became an NFL fan in the mid 70's and Brady is the best QB I have ever seen.

Brady is incredibly impressive but when you consider the rules now and the pre-1978 rules it is 2 different games.

For example, someone like Ken Stabler in his prime with Shell & Upshaw being allowed to hold and no bump & run would complete north of 75% of his passes today. It was Stabler's misfortune to play in the same era as the 70s Dolphins and Steelers or he would be held in much higher regard.

In 1976, in the season the Steelers D was so good the rules changes were made, Stabler won the SB, had a 103 rating, completed 66.7% of his passes for 9.41 yards per completion and threw 27 TDs - those stats at that time were extraordinary (e.g. - Bradshaw threw 28 TDs after the rules changes).

http://www.footballdb.com/players/ken-stabler-stablke01