PDA

View Full Version : Good Luck LSU Tigers!!!

Lord Stiller
01-07-2008, 11:45 AM
Buck the ****eyes

GoFins11
01-07-2008, 03:18 PM
Go LSU

SEC:cheer:

touchdownward
01-07-2008, 08:36 PM
Gotta go with the SEC.

OSU already on top 7-0 on a big play and LSU looks like Hawaii so far. By that I mean nervous and overmatched. :wink02:

http://www.hillstreetpress.com/images/DamnGood.jpg

SteelCityMan786
01-07-2008, 09:55 PM
Hmmm. 24-0 Run? Man do I now see that I do not understand even more how in the world we lost to Ohio State now.

TackleMeBen
01-07-2008, 10:05 PM
Hmmm. 24-0 Run? Man do I now see that I do not understand even more how in the world we lost to Ohio State now.

because penn st blows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that is how you lost to OSU..lol..
:thumbsup:

touchdownward
01-07-2008, 10:07 PM
If OSU doesn't make the proper adjustments in the locker room at halftime, the LSU faithful with be hollin' "Laissez les bon temps roulet".:smile:

touchdownward
01-07-2008, 10:41 PM
Wow, OSU forced them to punt (4th and 23) and roughes the kicker. LSU keeps the ball and 1st down. If the OSU guy would have touched the ball it wouldn't have been roughing.

This is looking more and more like it's not going to go OSU's way tonight.
Still alot time left though.

SteelCityMan786
01-07-2008, 11:43 PM
because penn st blows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that is how you lost to OSU..lol..
:thumbsup:

If we blew then how did we actually manage to win 9 games and make a bowl game TMB? :flap: Something your Wolves know about.

1:42 and ticking until the official coronation ceremony of the LSU Tigers.

(TMB, at least we can say we didn't lose to the National Champion lol.)

TackleMeBen
01-07-2008, 11:46 PM
If we blew then how did we actually manage to win 9 games and make a bowl game TMB? :flap: Something your Wolves know about.

1:42 and ticking until the official coronation ceremony of the LSU Tigers.

(TMB, at least we can say we didn't lose to the National Champion lol.)
you know i am picking with you about your penn st:wink02:. anytime the sweater vest loses is a great day in sports...lol...

that is correct Steelman. we didnt lose to the National Champion, but i am sure OSU is getting tired of being the bridesmaid every year. i think the last year they won (which should be taken away) was when they beat miami thanks to the refs and that jailbird clarrett.

SteelCityMan786
01-07-2008, 11:49 PM
you know i am picking with you about your penn st:wink02:. anytime the sweater vest loses is a great day in sports...lol...

that is correct Steelman. we didnt lose to the National Champion, but i am sure OSU is getting tired of being the bridesmaid every year. i think the last year they won (which should be taken away) was when they beat miami thanks to the refs and that jailbird clarrett.

You'd be correct. It was Miami's bid for a repeat. The Previous year they beat Nebraska. I had the chance of seeing said Rose Bowl Miami team at Penn State it what began the dark age.

I'll have fun busting on a friend of mine for this.

TackleMeBen
01-07-2008, 11:50 PM
you know i still love you steelman:hug:

i think it hurt OSU having such a long layoff between games. it doesnt matter how much you practice

Lord Stiller
01-08-2008, 08:29 AM
Congrats to LSU, the clear-cut champion

I thought they were the best team before the season started and during the season. They did hit some roadblocks when their best players were injured and losing on the road in multiple overtimes but they are clearly the best team

revefsreleets
01-08-2008, 08:55 AM
The layoff wasn't the problem. There were just WAY too many stupid mistakes on both sides of the ball, and Boeckman is clearly not the answer at QB. I'd like to see Antonio Henton get a crack at leading the team next year.

As I said in the other thread, it's not bad to be the Buckeyes. I'd rather lose national championship games then win meaningless crappy bowls against mediocre competition.

GoFins11
01-08-2008, 09:07 AM
SEC

revefsreleets
01-08-2008, 10:22 AM
And the confernce clearly had nothing to do with LSU winning. Any quality team from the Big-12 or Big East or ACC could have and probably would have capitalized on the myriad mistakes the Bucks made last night.

Lord Stiller
01-08-2008, 10:35 AM
And the confernce clearly had nothing to do with LSU winning. Any quality team from the Big-12 or Big East or ACC could have and probably would have capitalized on the myriad mistakes the Bucks made last night.

I dont buy that excuse really

Did you ever think that LSU forced mistakes? LSU came up with great offensive plays that confused the #1 defense

A well deserved victory

FWIW, I do think OSU was the second best team in the country and that the Big 10 is the second best conference after the SEC

CrimsonTideSteelersFan
01-08-2008, 01:48 PM
I dont buy that excuse really

Did you ever think that LSU forced mistakes? LSU came up with great offensive plays that confused the #1 defense

A well deserved victory

FWIW, I do think OSU was the second best team in the country and that the Big 10 is the second best conference after the SEC

I'm not sold on LSU being the best team in the country, but since they did win the SEC championship game and beat OSU, they deserve to be called national champs.

I really think that Georgia and USC are the best two teams at the end of this season. Georgia is my pick to win it all in 2008, but they will have to successfully navigate the SEC first.

revefsreleets
01-08-2008, 02:36 PM
LSU's conference had absolutely nothing to do with the win. The better team won because they made fewer mistakes and capitalized more on the opportunities presented to them.

SteelCityMan786
01-08-2008, 05:08 PM
you know i still love you steelman:hug:

i think it hurt OSU having such a long layoff between games. it doesnt matter how much you practice

The new Big Ten schedule rule should help them out now. In 2009 all teams are mandated to have a bye week.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
01-08-2008, 06:21 PM
Boeckman is clearly not the answer at QB. I'd like to see Antonio Henton get a crack at leading the team next year.

I agree. Beck just held on to the ball way to long last night. I know that LSU had great coverage but he has to at least try to throw it sometimes (especially on 4th and 8 down by two scores). Although Henton has had disiplinary problems earlier this year I think he should be the starter next season. Plus Troy Smith got into some trouble early in his career and he turned out alright.

SteelCityMan786
01-08-2008, 06:30 PM
I agree. Beck just held on to the ball way to long last night. I know that LSU had great coverage but he has to at least try to throw it sometimes (especially on 4th and 8 down by two scores). Although Henton has had disiplinary problems earlier this year I think he should be the starter next season. Plus Troy Smith got into some trouble early in his career and he turned out alright.

He's graduating this year anyway last I checked.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
01-08-2008, 06:49 PM
He's graduating this year anyway last I checked.

Whos graduating? Boeckman? He is only a junior and he has guaranteed to return for his senior year.

revefsreleets
01-09-2008, 09:06 AM
Boeckman was redshirted twice. He'll be a 25 year old senior next year.

Lord Stiller
01-09-2008, 09:21 AM
Boeckman was redshirted twice. He'll be a 25 year old senior next year.

That is so gay. Another reason I dont like Ohio State

Lord Stiller
01-09-2008, 09:23 AM
The new Big Ten schedule rule should help them out now. In 2009 all teams are mandated to have a bye week.

Maybe actually scheduling a tough non-Big 10 opponent during the regular season would help OSU out too. Well, i guess then they wouldnt make the BCS title game but they would save some embarassment

Jeremy
01-09-2008, 10:20 AM
That is so gay. Another reason I dont like Ohio State

At least they don't schedule a I-AA team on a yearly basis to get a cheap win like LSU and Redneck Miles.

Lord Stiller
01-09-2008, 10:57 AM
At least they don't schedule a I-AA team on a yearly basis to get a cheap win like LSU and Redneck Miles.

LOL. They had a 1-AA team on their schedule this season. Youngstown State???? LMAO

Godfather
01-09-2008, 12:02 PM

Tulane--Traditional rival
VT--Big time OOC game
LaTech--In state game
MTSU--Rentawin, but still I-A.

LSU has had to schedule a couple of I-AA games in past years, but that was only because of chicken opponents backing out of contracts at the last minute.

Jeremy
01-09-2008, 03:15 PM
Tulane--Traditional rival
VT--Big time OOC game
LaTech--In state game
MTSU--Rentawin, but still I-A.

LSU has had to schedule a couple of I-AA games in past years, but that was only because of chicken opponents backing out of contracts at the last minute.

LOL. I can't honestly respect a team that schedules I-AA teams.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
01-09-2008, 03:41 PM
LOL. They had a 1-AA team on their schedule this season. Youngstown State???? LMAO

They scheduled Youngstown State because it was Tressels old school and he was trying to throw them a bone media and revenue wise.

revefsreleets
01-09-2008, 03:53 PM
YSU got a HUGE payday to be the sacrificial lamb for the Buckeyes. But YSU is also a perennial D1-AA powerhouse, and just ask Michigan about scheduling "cupcakes" like that.

As for Boeckman, they redshirted him becauyse they had Zwick and Smith, and it was ultimately his decision. As for ooc, OSU's ooc schedule is booked solid with top 25 teams through 2020.

Jeremy
01-09-2008, 04:09 PM
YSU got a HUGE payday to be the sacrificial lamb for the Buckeyes. But YSU is also a perennial D1-AA powerhouse, and just ask Michigan about scheduling "cupcakes" like that.

That games goes back to Michigan's defense. They had a number of new starters and they simply weren't ready for the speed and diversity of the Appy State offense. If they played that game the first weekend of October, Michigan wins that game in a walk.

revefsreleets
01-09-2008, 09:09 PM
And? YSU was OSU's first game and they took care of business.

There are no excuses for that loss.

Godfather
01-09-2008, 10:56 PM
LOL. I can't honestly respect a team that schedules I-AA teams.

What is a school supposed to do when the opponent backs out at the last minute? We originally had BYU, VT, Bowling Green, and one other school (can't remember) who pulled that ###. A replacement from I-A isn't always available. It's settle for a team from I-AA or cancel the game altogether.

Jeremy
01-10-2008, 09:02 AM
What is a school supposed to do when the opponent backs out at the last minute? We originally had BYU, VT, Bowling Green, and one other school (can't remember) who pulled that ###. A replacement from I-A isn't always available. It's settle for a team from I-AA or cancel the game altogether.

God forbid a team give up that big payday.