PDA

View Full Version : Still Football Left...who to watch?

Dino 6 Rings
01-07-2008, 12:37 PM
So as a die hard Steelers fan, I'm used to not winning every single year. And the same as last season, I find myself needing to pull for someone else.

Last season, I put my support behind Manning, just because I wanted to see that goofy fool win 1 ring so the "haters" had to finally shut up.

This season, as I look across the Playoff Teams, I find it easier to root against then to root for. Usually, I want to stick with the AFC, just because of the AFC vs NFC thing, but I may be changing it up this season.

I will take anyone to win it all over the Pats or the Boys, but if I could have it play out perfectly, I'd like to see Brett Favre and the Storied Green Bay Packers play their way in to win their 4th Superbowl Title.

So I guess...I'll get behind the good fans of Green Bay and toss my support their way. GO PACKERS!!!

How about you guys?

P@yne
01-07-2008, 12:43 PM
Who to root for? Anyone that plays the Pats!

Stlr4ever
01-07-2008, 12:51 PM
So as a die hard Steelers fan, I'm used to not winning every single year. And the same as last season, I find myself needing to pull for someone else.

Last season, I put my support behind Manning, just because I wanted to see that goofy fool win 1 ring so the "haters" had to finally shut up.

This season, as I look across the Playoff Teams, I find it easier to root against then to root for. Usually, I want to stick with the AFC, just because of the AFC vs NFC thing, but I may be changing it up this season.

I will take anyone to win it all over the Pats or the Boys, but if I could have it play out perfectly, I'd like to see Brett Favre and the Storied Green Bay Packers play their way in to win their 4th Superbowl Title.

So I guess...I'll get behind the good fans of Green Bay and toss my support their way. GO PACKERS!!!

How about you guys?

I know what you mean. I hate to be in a position where I can't root for our team any more. Tony Dungy is my favorite coach. So, I will be rooting for the Colts. I can't see the Jags beating the Pats. I think Colts are the only team that knows how to beat the Pats. In their 1st game this season, the Colts simply ran out of 'gas'. I still think they can beat them. If the Pats and Giants or any other NFC team end up in SB, I will be rooting for the NFC team. I would hate to root for the Boyz but hate the Pats more.

stlrtruck
01-07-2008, 12:51 PM
I root for anyone playing the patriacheats or the cowgirls.

Other than that, I root for good commercials this year!!!

Counselor
01-07-2008, 01:14 PM
I root based on matchups of the teams and who I would least hate to see win the SB. Of the teams left, my ranks are as follows (along with my reaction to a SB win):

1. Packers (I'd be very happy for them)
2. Colts (again, happy)
3. Jags (pleased to see Steelers got knocked about by the winners)
4. Seahawks (eh, it wouldn't kill me to see them win)
5. Cowboys (OK, it hurts, but I'll get over it)
6. Giants (damn, Eli has a ring---but at least its not Rivers 1st or Brady's 4th)
7. Chargers (Damn, Rivers has a ring. Mantra: "the Pats stil lost, the Pats still lost . ." )
8. Patriots (I hate them with the fire of a thousand suns!)

jjpro11
01-07-2008, 01:20 PM
this year is pretty easy for fans of every team. rooting against the pats is the common theme.

stlrtruck
01-07-2008, 01:59 PM
I root based on matchups of the teams and who I would least hate to see win the SB. Of the teams left, my ranks are as follows (along with my reaction to a SB win):

2. Colts (again, happy)
6. Giants (damn, Eli has a ring---but at least its not Rivers 1st or Brady's 4th)
7. Chargers (Damn, Rivers has a ring. Mantra: "the Pats stil lost, the Pats still lost . ." )

I thought it would end like this:

The Duke
01-07-2008, 02:01 PM
Favre all the way!

Borski
01-07-2008, 03:15 PM
I'd like to see a Jags/Packers Super Bowl now that we're out.

OneForTheToe
01-07-2008, 03:59 PM

2. Colts (again, happy)

Wow it is like we were seperated at birth.:wink02:

Although, on closer inspection, put the giants in the number 5 spot and the Cow Chips in the number 7 spot. Please ole great pig skin football god in the sky, let it not bet Dallas vs New England?

ShutDown24
01-07-2008, 04:00 PM

2. Colts (again, happy)
7. Chargers (Damn, Rivers has a ring. Mantra: "the Pats still lost, the Pats still lost . ." )

My list... Good idea:

1. Colts (Dungy, Harrison and even Manning at this point. I don't see how you don't have respect for them by now. We put them in their place a couple of years ago so now I don't mind them winning at all.)
2. Packers (I don't think I really need to say much.)
3. Cowboys (Sorry guys, I am young and it has been a good while since the Pittsburgh vs. Dallas thing)
4. Giants (Doubt Eli will get them there but wouldn't mind it all that that much compared to others that could win.)
5. Jaguars (It won't happen.)
6. Patriots (Sorry again... I don't hate them as much as most people...)
7. Seahawks (I wouldn't mind the Seahawks much if Holmgren wasn't there... A Jim Mora JR. coached Seahawks team is much higher on this list.)
8. Chargers (Rivers isn't half the player Ben is and might not even be better than Eli. His team carries him)

Borski
01-07-2008, 04:12 PM
Ok, I guess I'll make a list too

1. Packers - You can't not be proud of them
2. Jags - Means the Steelers got knocked out by the best
3. Chargers - I like LT
4. Giants - Eh, it could be worse
5. Colts - I dont really want Payton to get another ring, but at least its not Brady
6. Seahawks *throws up in mouth a little*
7. Cowboys - I want the Steelers to be first to 6 rings
8. Patriots - Living hell

steelers2685
01-07-2008, 05:13 PM
Who to root for? Anyone that plays the Pats!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
That's what I'm talking about. Sleezbags.

PAMillerGrrl83
01-07-2008, 06:41 PM
Well seeing as how Ben isnt going to the SB and I hate the Jags and the Pats and the Chargers, I'm gonna pull for Dallas Clark, Tony Dungy and Reggie Wayne.

stillers4me
01-07-2008, 07:27 PM
I have my first grandbaby due sometime in the next two weeks........since the Steelers are out, I don't really give a rats patootie who wins it all.....as long as it isn't the Patriots*.

Yep......Stillers will be rockin' that baby to sleep singin' " Mamas don't let your babies grow up to be Bengals fans............"

Baby's first words are sure to be "Big Ben".

revefsreleets
01-08-2008, 09:05 AM
I'll watch a few more football game this year:

-The college all-star games (Draft Day is right around the corner!)
-The Super Bowl (and mostly for the commercials)
-The Pro Bowl (Only to watch the Steelers represent)

Other than that, NASCAR fires up in almost exactly one month and the pitchers report for Spring Training shortly thereafter.

The Duke
01-08-2008, 10:24 PM
-The Pro Bowl (Only to watch the Steelers represent)

I'll be watching for Ben to take away Palmer's pro bowl mvp award :wink02:

steelpride12
01-08-2008, 10:46 PM
I gotta root for the jags right now come on any team threatening the Pats and having i think a great chance to give them a run or even beat them is on my side. The Pats have been off for 2 weeks and i can only hope their rusty!

SteelersMongol
01-09-2008, 03:33 AM
Don't wanna c the "New England Cheatriots" or the "Seattle Shecries." Anybody else I'm not gonna b happy, but it would b okey 4 me.

fansince'76
01-09-2008, 11:08 AM
I'll watch the rest of the playoffs, but I won't really give a damn (much like last year). Unless both the Pats and Cowboys make it to the SB, in which case I'll find something else to do that day (probably skiing). The slopes should be pretty dead with a slurpfest of that magnitude going on. :coffee:

steelergirl07
01-09-2008, 11:10 AM
My List
1.Packers(i love Favre)
2.Jags(at least we got beat by the champs)
3.Colts(classy group of guys)
4.Cowboys(for my grampa)
5.Seahawks(maybe they'll finally shut up about sbxl)
6.Giants(eli is growing on me)
7.Chargers(hate em, but not as much as the pats)
8.Pats*(cheaters shouldn't be rewarded)

SteelerFan091472
01-09-2008, 10:45 PM
I'll watch the rest of the playoffs, but I won't really give a damn (much like last year). Unless both the Pats and Cowboys make it to the SB, in which case I'll find something else to do that day (probably skiing). The slopes should be pretty dead with a slurpfest of that magnitude going on. :coffee:

I'll probably watch the rest of playoffs and like you, probably won't care too much. I've watched every Super Bowl since Super Bowl XIV, but if the Pats play the Cowboys, I will not be watching the Super Bowl.

Rhee Rhee
01-11-2008, 02:46 AM
anyone not QBed by a guy named phillip ryan leaf rivers and im fine...