PDA

View Full Version : New respect for Big Ben from a Jags fan

t11ravis
01-07-2008, 01:12 PM
hi guys,
I am a Jags season ticket holder and the only reason I even signed up to post this was because of how impressed i am with Big Ben. Not because of the way he played (his second half was great) but because of what he did just moments after the game.

While David Garrard was giving his on-field interview Ben waited so he could personally shake his hand. I am sure he didn't want to have to wait that long to do it but he did. That shows some real character.

I bet there aren't too many other guys in the NFL that would have done that.

Rhee Rhee
01-07-2008, 02:59 PM
ok thats whhat he did... someone else alsoposted something like this but its ok... ive learned that jags fans are pretty cool... patriots fans are still at the bottom of my shoe kine...

conservativesteelers
01-07-2008, 04:55 PM
Actually Ben only made one terrible throw in the first half.. that pick when he rolled out to the right and got picked trying to throw to Davenport..

Otherwise the other two picks were by a great play by the jags Nose tackle.. he was falling forward.. 300lb plus guy fallign forward collects himself and jumps up and makes the int.

The other play you should know well if you are a jags fan in your twenties or even younger maybe. Rashean Mathis knows that play, he's seen it before.. he's picked it off twice before.. The steerlers showed it again.. Mathis took it to the house again.. stupid play call.. not Ben's fault. Apparantly the Steelers staff wasn't aware of that.

The_WARDen
01-07-2008, 05:09 PM
Actually Ben only made one terrible throw in the first half.. that pick when he rolled out to the right and got picked trying to throw to Davenport..

Otherwise the other two picks were by a great play by the jags Nose tackle.. he was falling forward.. 300lb plus guy fallign forward collects himself and jumps up and makes the int.

The other play you should know well if you are a jags fan in your twenties or even younger maybe. Rashean Mathis knows that play, he's seen it before.. he's picked it off twice before.. The steerlers showed it again.. Mathis took it to the house again.. stupid play call.. not Ben's fault. Apparantly the Steelers staff wasn't aware of that.

Why isn't it Ben's fault? Couldn't he have thrown it away instead of throwing into that coverage? Especially if Mathis "knows that play"??

conservativesteelers
01-07-2008, 05:12 PM
Why isn't it Ben's fault? Couldn't he have thrown it away instead of throwing into that coverage? Especially if Mathis "knows that play"??

No.. b/c while Mathis knew the play.. Ben and the coaching staff did not know that.. He jumped a timing route.. You can't throw something like that away.. it's a bang bang type of play.

iloveben7
01-07-2008, 06:26 PM
Thanks so much. Ben is very classy.

I was very disappointed with the Jaguar fan behind me at the game because all he kept saying was I can't believe Ben is an icon in Pittsburgh, he stinks and all this crap.

Thanks again for the comment. Garrad is also a very classy guy, he wasn't ****y after the game.

Phoenixus
01-07-2008, 06:34 PM
Nothing wrong with Ben,
Quite frankly there's never been a quarterback here this good. While I'm not entirely sure he has the field vision of some of the other people we've had here, his instincts at the quarterback position are generally really good outside of an off day every now and then. And better than anyone else we've had.

I've never seen a quarterback here that threw 32tds with only 11ints and had a rating of 104 before.

And that is outside of his general maturation process and leadership abillities are coming around very nicely. This guy really is a franchise quarterback. He's not just a flash in the pan.

And of course, as the Jag fan points out... his character.

ShutDown24
01-07-2008, 06:39 PM
Lol - If I was a Jaguars fan I wouldn't be singing my praise for Big Ben... He nearly embarrassed Jacksonville and definitely exposed how many weaknesses that team has mentally and physically in the second half.

conservativesteelers
01-07-2008, 07:02 PM
Lol - If I was a Jaguars fan I wouldn't be singing my praise for Big Ben... He nearly embarrassed Jacksonville and definitely exposed how many weaknesses that team has mentally and physically in the second half.

Yes.. Like their pass defense.

People jump to conclusions when it comes to interceptions. The media somewhat dictates that like they do everything else. There is more that go into ints than people think. A lot of them should not be blamed on the quarterback. Some should though.. Some are just great defensive plays, some are poor predictable play calling that the defender jumps a timing route,etc..

Preacher
01-07-2008, 08:38 PM

Let me point out to you....

He was pointing out how classy Ben was. I thank the Jax fan for the compliment. It is very welcomed. Let's hope our fans here returns that class to the Jax fans who come into our site and pay Ben a compliment on character.

stillers4me
01-07-2008, 08:45 PM
Thanks for the compliment. Ben has never shown me any reason to believe he is anything but a class act. The media seems to blow things out of proportion all the time trying to bring down his character, but I've never, ever heard him blame any of his teamates for mistakes and always takes the blame himself. He is right there with giving the credit to them in the good times, too.

I'm proud he's a Steeler.....he exempifies the excellence in character and sportsmanship the Rooney's take so much pride in.