PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin For Coach of the Year!

eafratitpm3
01-08-2008, 08:35 AM
Mike tomlin is up for Coach of the Year on NFL.COM, although many of you may not agree with this but as a part of Steeler Nation I think we owe it to him to vote.

TackleMeBen
01-08-2008, 09:20 AM
here is the link to vote for coach tomlin.

http://www.nfl.com/partner;jsessionid=5DB1CB1C343218791A6908B4DC69D7B 8?partnerType=coaches

FourThreeMafia
01-08-2008, 09:47 AM
I voted for Mike McCarthy.

memphissteelergirl
01-08-2008, 09:51 AM
Mike tomlin is up for Coach of the Year on NFL.COM, although many of you may not agree with this but as a part of Steeler Nation I think we owe it to him to vote.

Done!

TackleMeBen
01-08-2008, 09:52 AM
its tough b/c i think coach gibbs should get it.

BlastFurnace
01-08-2008, 10:45 AM
I can't vote for Tomlin. I don't think he deserves it. Maybe rookie coach of the year, but not overall coach of the year.

fansince'76
01-08-2008, 10:50 AM
Didn't Belicheat already win* the award? Never mind, that was the AP's award, and this is for Motorola's award. :coffee:

83-Steelers-43
01-08-2008, 10:54 AM
I voted for Mike McCarthy.

Same here. 8-8 to 13-3 with a team who does not have all the talent in the world (Patriots) is impressive in my book. McCarthy being a Pittsburgh native had some bearing on my decision.

Atlanta Dan
01-08-2008, 11:01 AM
Maybe if they held the vote last October

He seems to be the best rookie hire but the team fell apart down the stretch - I attribute that mostly to injuries and a tougher schedule, but COY presumably should consider how a coach worked through adversity.

I still am enthusiastic about Coach Tomlin - just don't think he earned COY - no shame in that

The_WARDen
01-08-2008, 11:48 AM

Sorry, my coach of the year vote would have to be the GB coach...look at that team and tell me how it's 13-3....

By the way, why do I "owe" him my vote?

Edman
01-08-2008, 12:00 PM
I think Mike McCarthy deserves it.

McCarthy took the Packers to 13-3 with a born again Brett Favre and little to no running game.

HometownGal
01-08-2008, 08:42 PM
I adore the Tomlinator and felt he did one helluva job in his rookie season, but I had to vote with my head, not my heart, and went with McCarthy who did a whale of a job with the Pack this season. Del Rio would have been my second choice.

Steeldude
01-08-2008, 08:47 PM

i vote for who deserves it.

why isn't crennel(sp?) on the list?

SteelDogFan
01-08-2008, 09:48 PM
I first thought it was GB's coach and I also considered giving my vote to our Tomlin. The truth of the matter is anyone, wether you like the Pats or not, wether you like BB or not, wether your are a NFL or just a Steeler s fan. All folks that watch NFL football have to recognize something that has not been done in the league for over 35 years.

A team went undefeated. I know look at all the talent. I know what about it not being totally undefeated until the SB. I also know about the cheating in the beginning of the season. None of it makes a difference. All I have to say is 16-0.

I think BB can be rude and stand-off-ish and down right ornery at times. But his players still play for him. 16-0, we've all said it, that no one would or could ever go undefeated in a season but the Pats did and for that Bill B. should be the unanimous pick for C.O.T.Y.

My dislike for the Pats is not personal its because they beat the Steelers in so many playoff games.

fansince'76
01-08-2008, 09:52 PM
A team went undefeated. I know look at all the talent. I know what about it not being totally undefeated until the SB. I also know about the cheating in the beginning of the season. None of it makes a difference. All I have to say is 16-0.

And this mindset is part of the problem. Sorry, but the ends don't justify the means. They cheated. They thumbed their noses at the NFL office, every other team in the league that wins the RIGHT way, and every fan thereof. 16-0* doesn't justify shit, IMO.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
01-08-2008, 10:02 PM
Voted but I don't think it will make a differance against Belicheat

The Duke
01-08-2008, 10:30 PM
Sorry, but I gotta go with McCarthy.

maybe next year coach Tomlin

verks36
01-08-2008, 10:46 PM
sorry even being a die hard steelers fan i cant vote for TOmlin

is it really a contest if a team goes 16-0 how could the coach not get coach of the year? is it even a contest

even though i hate Bellicheat with a passion he gets me vote

MACH1
01-09-2008, 01:25 AM
I voted, but I'm sure there's a certain cheater out there that'll get it. :dang: See boys and girls cheating really does pay.

atlsteelers
01-09-2008, 12:11 PM
Tomlin for coach of the year - i will vote for that at the same time i vote for brittney spears for being the mother of the year

verks36
01-09-2008, 08:01 PM
Most talent, to start eh season it was believed that anything less that a SB berth would be a let down, I don't see how he takes the most talented team thru a soft schedule and is considered for the COY. I would have to guess that even Norv would have got a bye with that team.

First of all the Steelers had a soft schedule the Patriots did not.

I dont care how loaded your team is if you go perfect you should be coach of the year IMO.

Borski
01-09-2008, 08:10 PM
First of all the Steelers had a soft schedule the Patriots did not.

I dont care how loaded your team is if you go perfect you should be coach of the year IMO.

No cheater deserves any award.

fansince'76
01-09-2008, 08:27 PM

NOT IF YOU CHEAT. But it doesn't matter, this exact mindset is why the scumbag bastard has already won the AP's C.O.T.Y. award and it's why he'll win this one as well. To hell with integrity, as long as you win. :rolleyes:

Rhee Rhee
01-10-2008, 01:37 AM
belicheat gets my vote as much as i hate the patriots (16-0 is very impressive)... BUT if he loses in the playoffs i will look silly and stupid..

HometownGal
01-18-2008, 07:54 AM
Bumpity bump.

RoethlisBURGHer
01-18-2008, 08:12 AM
I am sorry, but I don't find what Bill Bellicheat did with the talent assembled on that team to be all that impressive. Not to mention he did get caught cheating...but I guess to some that doesn't mean anything.

Also, the Patriots had the #2 seed and made it to the AFC Championship Game last year, so it's not like he took some bad loser team to the playoffs.

My vote goes to Mike McCarthy of the Green Bay Packers. He took a team that was bad in 2006 and lead them to the second best record in the NFC. They are playing for the right to go to the Super Bowl. In the begining of the season, nobody thought Brett Favre was going to be any good, people wished he had retired. They had nobody at WR or RB. It looked like the only bright spots on defense was their cornerbacks and their defensive end.

I think that's a bigger feat, especially since McCarthy didn't cheat to get there.

And one more thing about the Patricheats:

A few years ago, wasn't it them bitching and moaning about the Dolphins taking a recorded game from television and turning up the volume to hear all of Brady's audibles and stuff?

Yeah.......hypocrites.

Tony19
01-18-2008, 01:39 PM
I voted for Tomlin. Not a bad season for the Steelers.

stillers4me
01-18-2008, 05:59 PM
I have voted multiple times for Tomlin.

Nobody has even mentioned that being nominated as one of the 5 best coaches in the NFL in his first year is an amazing accomplishment in itself.

Steelthe#1dynasty
01-18-2008, 06:24 PM
Tomlin does not deserve Coach of the Year honors, nor does Belichick* for cheating. I'm not going to vote for someone if they don't deserve it. Tomlin has much to prove before we honor him. 3rd & 6 anyone???

LambertIsGod58
01-18-2008, 06:48 PM
Tomlin does not deserve Coach of the Year honors, nor does Belichick* for cheating. I'm not going to vote for someone if they don't deserve it. Tomlin has much to prove before we honor him. 3rd & 6 anyone???

I couldn't agree more with this post...I'm not gonna vote for Tomlin just because he coaches our Steelers. I can think of several reasons why Tomlin is not Coach of the Year...I'd say McCarthy should be up for it. Look at the last two seasons Green Bay has had. Now look at them this year.

Rhee Rhee
01-18-2008, 08:51 PM
i've already voted about 6 times for tomlin.. lol hope my 6 votes makes a difference...