PDA

View Full Version : Enough with the complaining already!

The_WARDen
01-08-2008, 09:37 AM
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_546306.html/s_546306.html

This is embarassing now...Pittsburgh sounds like the Bungles and all their whining.

You lost the game. Be a man and move on.

:coffee:

fansince'76
01-08-2008, 09:57 AM
The defense was asked to make a stop late in the game. Once again, just like in Denver, New York, and the first Jax game, they couldn't do it. End of story. Like I said in another thread, leave the bitching about referees to Holmgren and the pantywaist Squawk fans - that's much more their speed.

SteelerFanInCA
01-08-2008, 10:41 AM
We had 60 minutes to get the job done and couldn't do it. There will always be questionable calls. Sometimes they work for you and sometimes they go against you. Bottom line: you just have to take care of business during those 60 minutes.

BlastFurnace
01-08-2008, 10:59 AM
I refuse to believe that the refs caused us to lose that game. They may have missed a call or two, but that happens every game and you have to account for that.

The Steelers lost because they played a terrible 1st half, gave up two easy touchdowns, and didn't play more than 1 and 1/2 quarters of good football.

It is time to move on, but it still stings.

vasteeler
01-08-2008, 11:44 AM
yeah it is time to move on and our future is very bright there were a lot of games we scored to take the lead only to give the game up on defense i truly beleive that next year we will win those close games

jjpro11
01-08-2008, 12:11 PM
all of the problems we had in the regular season came all together and ended our season in this game. the final 2 minute defense, the special teams, undisciplined defense on the MJD touchdown, inconsistent running game, poor oline play, and we had yet another comeback attempt fall short.

19ward86
01-08-2008, 03:02 PM
i have issues with you telling us to stop complaining, when you are a top team in the NFL you expect to win THOSE games, in which i mean the games where how they play and how you play already gives you an advantage, and we have failed to do that 6 times this year. broncos were a wrecked team, cardinals were improving but their defense shouldnt hold us to 14pts, jets game was probably the worst one ive seen in a long time, the ravens game could of been won with our backups, the 2 jags games was a running team vs the best runstopping team those should of been wins. i didnt mention the pats game because they expose our weakness and that is the spread offense through the air. as most seen in the OSU vs LSU game spread offense dominates zone coverage. i think their is a lot to be sour about so i think it is ok to complain, hopefully we wont have to next season.

fansince'76
01-08-2008, 03:45 PM
i have issues with you telling us to stop complaining, when you are a top team in the NFL you expect to win THOSE games, in which i mean the games where how they play and how you play already gives you an advantage, and we have failed to do that 6 times this year. broncos were a wrecked team, cardinals were improving but their defense shouldnt hold us to 14pts, jets game was probably the worst one ive seen in a long time, the ravens game could of been won with our backups, the 2 jags games was a running team vs the best runstopping team those should of been wins. i didnt mention the pats game because they expose our weakness and that is the spread offense through the air. as most seen in the OSU vs LSU game spread offense dominates zone coverage. i think their is a lot to be sour about so i think it is ok to complain, hopefully we wont have to next season.

I think the OP was referring to guys like Foote complaining about the officiating in the Wild Card game against Jax and that they need to shut it already, and frankly, I agree. Like I said earlier, let pansies like Holmgren squawk about the refs, it's beneath the Steelers to do that.

geo123
01-08-2008, 05:49 PM
I don't like to use the refs as an excuse, especiallly since we did have other opportunities to win the game. The fact is though that there were some questionable calls; a bad call is a bad call.
Who's complaining, we're discusing; thats what chat rooms are for.

Dino 6 Rings
01-08-2008, 05:51 PM
Not to mention the NON Call against Ward for a face mask that lead to a pass interference penalty that gave us a first and goal and allowed us to score a TD.

Just saying...refs don't lose games...60mins to get it done.

Be up 28-10 with 1 minute left, refs can call whatever the Fck they want and you'll still win the game.

fansince'76
01-08-2008, 05:56 PM
Who's complaining....

Players like Larry Foote pulling a Holmgren and whining to the press about it - that's kinda the point of the thread.

verks36
01-08-2008, 06:08 PM
ya the game is over with calls wont both sides
It is unlike steelers fans to complain about calls

83-Steelers-43
01-08-2008, 07:19 PM
Who's complaining,

Larry Foote: "You'll see a big old hole open up, and you'll see the reason why. That's all I've got to say. Thank you."

Clark Haggans: "I'm the wrong person to interview, you might want to interview the referees. Plain and simple, that's it. I don't have anything else to say besides that."

James Harrison: "I have nothing to say about that. I ain't got no fine money to give away for talking about them blind refs, so I got nothing to say."

That's who's complaining. The whole damn LBing corps.....lol.

Like I said before, we lost fair and square. Blaming the officiating is chicken shit in my opinion. You are no better than Holmgren and the rest of the Seattle fanbase. Take your punch on the chin and move on like a man.

augustashark
01-08-2008, 08:58 PM
Larry Foote: "You'll see a big old hole open up, and you'll see the reason why. That's all I've got to say. Thank you."

Clark Haggans: "I'm the wrong person to interview, you might want to interview the referees. Plain and simple, that's it. I don't have anything else to say besides that."

James Harrison: "I have nothing to say about that. I ain't got no fine money to give away for talking about them blind refs, so I got nothing to say."

That's who's complaining. The whole damn LBing corps.....lol.

Like I said before, we lost fair and square. Blaming the officiating is chicken shit in my opinion. You are no better than Holmgren and the rest of the Seattle fanbase. Take your punch on the chin and move on like a man.

Did you say "CHIN"! Thats tabo here 83. lol

steelpride12
01-08-2008, 09:13 PM
I complained when we were down 18, but who wasn't, but come on look on the bright side our team has a very bright future ahead of them and anything less than an improvement would be crazy talk.
The steelers this draft should make some massive improvments bringing in some young o-line men and hopefully a receiver to play with Ward and Holmes and some free agents!
Yes its never easy to watch our Steelers come back from 18 and still lose, but this teams future is bright....lets take full advantage of it!

geo123
01-08-2008, 09:15 PM
Not to mention the NON Call against Ward for a face mask that lead to a pass interference penalty that gave us a first and goal and allowed us to score a TD.

Just saying...refs don't lose games...60mins to get it done.

Be up 28-10 with 1 minute left, refs can call whatever the Fck they want and you'll still win the game.

Good point!!

83-Steelers-43
01-08-2008, 09:18 PM
I complained when our KR defense blew it after we drove down the field and scored on the opening drive. I complained when Roethlisberger threw INT after INT (two costing us 14?). I complained when our defense coudln't make a stand when he needed them the most.

Crying and moaning about the officiating is just pathetic.

augustashark
01-08-2008, 09:38 PM
Refs were on Jax payroll! You all know it.

LVSteelersfan
01-08-2008, 10:07 PM
We would have just lost to the Golden Boy and the Chosen ones this weekend any way. The striped nazis already have an agenda on who is going to win every game and New England is the team this year.

83-Steelers-43
01-08-2008, 11:11 PM
The striped nazis already have an agenda on who is going to win every game

So were the "striped nazis" on our side during XL or did they start this "agenda" this year?

Just wondering.

Cherinko
01-08-2008, 11:17 PM
Nothings wrong with complaining if you have a legit complaint.

Preacher
01-08-2008, 11:29 PM
I bet you, that if we won the game, Jax could have pointed out just as many issues.

The refs WILL MISS CALLS. You have 22 people, pretty much ALL OF WHOM are bigger then the refs.. and VERY fast. You really think they are going to catch everything?

I expect them to catch maybe 40 percent.

The_WARDen
01-09-2008, 09:32 AM

Apparently, it went over your head so I'll explain. It's time for the team (players not fans) to stop whining...

The_WARDen
01-09-2008, 09:36 AM
So were the "striped nazis" on our side during XL or did they start this "agenda" this year?

Just wondering.

don't bring that up... <sarcasm> the refs would never give the Steelers any calls.

:jawdrop:

Counselor
01-09-2008, 09:54 AM
I bet you, that if we won the game, Jax could have pointed out just as many issues.

The refs WILL MISS CALLS. You have 22 people, pretty much ALL OF WHOM are bigger then the refs.. and VERY fast. You really think they are going to catch everything?

I expect them to catch maybe 40 percent.

OK, so typically I would agree with you Preacher, and certainly its not the reason we lost the game . . . but the NFL has to do something about "consistency" on holding calls. If one group of officials were consistent it would be one thing, but the two point conversion "holding" versus the 4th and two "no holding" was the opposite of consistent.
Merrill Hoge said in an interview that Casey Hampton (and two of the LB's) were basically tackled on the 4th and 2 . . .(and yes Hoge is a Steelers "homer" but Jaworski agreed too. ) He couldn't understand how the refs missed three egregious holdings like that.

I don't blame the players for complaining----that was a very emotional game and the LB's said what they said right afterward. Its the media (and us) who keep harping on it.

Everyone in the stadium knew that play (4th and 2) was the defining moment of the game. And I think that ref crew was unwilling to inject themselves into that play and just let the teams play it out. I have no problem with that kind of attitude, so long as its the same attitude they took at similar defining moments throughout the game.

I by no means think the refs cheated, or that we can blame the loss on them, but there should absolutely be a discussion about how to improve the referees and the way the games are called. The league is not static---and just like teams should improve from year to year, so should refs.