PDA

View Full Version : McFadden and Taylor !! The future

BlitzburghRockCity
10-23-2005, 05:32 PM
Those 2 have come to play ever since they both got onto the field on a more regular basis.

Everybody all but wrote off Ike coming into this season saying if he didnt produce, he'd be gone next year. He's stepped up in a BIG way !! Playing well and learning from every snap.

McFadden is so instinctful on the field. He plays good tight coverage and a physical game !! Exactly what you want from our CB's !

BurghThing
10-23-2005, 05:34 PM
Afraid to say DeShead will br gone after this year, I really liked him. But with these 2 at CB we are good for years to come.

figg
10-23-2005, 05:47 PM
it was great to watch McFadden make plays on the ball as well as that tackle on the screen.

Koopa
10-23-2005, 05:48 PM
it's great to see mcfadden getting out there and makin plays, we got some good corners for the future, and i'm sure ricardo will be very good to.

SteelrsRck
10-23-2005, 05:48 PM
yea i was worried about our secondary coming into the game still a little optimistic

Had alot of wide open WR for the bungals today but are CB held thier own and handled it nicley

TasmanianTroy271
10-23-2005, 05:49 PM
I don't think Deshea'll be gone after this year, but we definately won't have as many CB's next year as this year. Deshea may take the role Willie had this year, and Willie may retire. McFadden could impress Cowher with his physical game and kick Chidi off the roster, and in a few years, we might not have Colclough unless he steps it up. But I'm definately looking forward to seeing what McFadden brings in years to come!

Koopa
10-23-2005, 05:58 PM
i don't think we'd give up on coke so fast, they gave ike a shit load of time to develope, i'm sure ricardo will get the same chance

SteelProven
10-23-2005, 06:06 PM
Since the steelers run a 6 DB's set in the dime corners are a big need. So I can see all returning but Willie. Ike, Mcfadden, Coke and Townsend should all return w/ extension coming to Taylor (UFA) and Townsend (UFA).

Da'Burgh
10-23-2005, 06:28 PM
McFadden is definately solid. I've seen him in Florida State and looks to be a stud in a Steelers jersey for years to come. He has great anticipation, and is a very good all around tackler. I think they should draft another CB come draft time also.

slashsteel
10-23-2005, 06:56 PM
Both corners played a hell of a game. Yes they are looking good!

I.C. Lights
10-23-2005, 07:42 PM
I was really impressed too, especially with Ike. As far as Coke is concerned - we should definitely keep him around he's got plenty of potential for cb and he's already a special teams asset.

BB2W
10-23-2005, 11:06 PM
I didn't see much of McFadden, but Ike is the "real deal"... he was on Chads hip all day. Did you notice how much he was pressing him? Ike was right on the line all day, and Chad couldn't get passed him. The coaching staff must have a lot of confidence in Taylor, and so do I... he is playing great.

figg
10-23-2005, 11:09 PM
I didn't see much of McFadden, but Ike is the "real deal"... he was on Chads hip all day. Did you notice how much he was pressing him? Ike was right on the line all day, and Chad couldn't get passed him. The coaching staff must have a lot of confidence in Taylor, and so do I... he is playing great.

lol I have a thread at cincybengals.com saying Ike gets a yes. But they disagree. :rolleyes:

BlitzburghRockCity
10-23-2005, 11:09 PM
Ike said on Pittsburgh sports tonite, he took this game as a challenge against one of the best WR's in the game, and that helped him raise his level of play too.

Rising to the challenge is what its all about!!

Prosdo
10-23-2005, 11:11 PM
These two both played a great game. Very exciting to see how good they will be this year.

Suitanim
10-24-2005, 11:03 AM
I think my new sig says it all!

shevdog
10-24-2005, 06:55 PM
Those 2 have come to play ever since they both got onto the field on a more regular basis.

Everybody all but wrote off Ike coming into this season saying if he didnt produce, he'd be gone next year. He's stepped up in a BIG way !! Playing well and learning from every snap.

McFadden is so instinctful on the field. He plays good tight coverage and a physical game !! Exactly what you want from our CB's !

I'm very impressed by both. There is a bright future with these defensive backs!

Motley Nate
10-24-2005, 07:02 PM
lol I have a thread at cincybengals.com saying Ike gets a yes. But they disagree. :rolleyes:
Ha... I don't think it's as much the statement of the thread as the author of the thread. :grin:

clevestinks
10-24-2005, 07:03 PM
I for one am guilty of ALMOST writing off Ike. Although I was a huge supporter of his prior to last season. I really thought that maybe are corners of the future were Coc, and Mcfadden. Now Ike has come up huge. At 6` he could possibly play safety. he has great size, speed and toughness.

RoethlisBURGHer
10-24-2005, 07:49 PM
I definatly think our corners of the future are Ike and McFadden...and maybe Coke can move to the FS spot.

Damn,what a defensive backfield:

CB-Ike & McFadden

SS-Polamalu

FS-Coke

Hard hitting interception machines.

SteelProven
10-24-2005, 11:42 PM
I definatly think our corners of the future are Ike and McFadden...and maybe Coke can move to the FS spot.

Damn,what a defensive backfield:

CB-Ike & McFadden

SS-Polamalu

FS-Coke

Hard hitting interception machines.

Not to call you out but why move Coke to safety. When the steelers need nickel backs and dime DB's. Safeties IMO need to be 5'10 and 200+ not 5'10 180+. Just food for thought.