PDA

View Full Version : larry fitzgerald being shopped...

TackleMeBen
01-09-2008, 02:08 PM
this was mentioned on first take. anyone else heard about this?

lilyoder6
01-09-2008, 03:04 PM
i haven't heard it.. i doubt that they would want to trade away one of there best players..

83-Steelers-43
01-09-2008, 03:07 PM
Heard rumors earlier in the season that he's not a happy camper in Arizona.

Pro Football Talk in its Rumor Mill post from yesterday speculates on Fitz leaving Arizona after his contract expires. Apparently he isn’t happy with Coach Whisenhunt’s run-first approach, and it’s impact has showed in his stats through the first two games. Those number probably won’t get too much better against the Ravens this week.

It’s basically stated that the rumor is pretty strong that Fitzgerald wants out after his contract, and with Anquan Boldin also needing paid, the Cards just can’t afford Larry. So instead of losing him for nothing a trade may be in the works. I’ve heard possible teams that would be interested as Seattle (would they really trade him to a division rival? I think not), Philadelphia and Minnesota. PFT mentions only Minnesota, being Larry’s hometown, as making the most sense. Minnesota could be an exciting offense for Fitzgerald with Adrian Peterson and a young QB. He’d definitely be the #1 receiver there, but I’d really like to see him go to an AFC team on the East Coast so that we could see him more often.

http://panthersinthepros.wordpress.com/2007/09/21/149/

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-09-2008, 03:13 PM
If we see a move by Arizona to sign Bryant Johnson...then you can be sure that Larry is going somewhere else

Jeremy
01-09-2008, 03:13 PM
It's a damn shame too because Fitz is an awesome receiver.

Too bad Wiz ignored the fact that his best players were better suited for a passing offense. He spent the entire season trying to make Arizona into a running offense and it probably cost them the playoffs.

TackleMeBen
01-09-2008, 04:14 PM
i am sure the pats* will try and go after him

revefsreleets
01-09-2008, 09:37 PM
This is one of the very rare FA opportunities that I actively support looking into. Fitz and Santo? Ben at QB? Hines as a #3 (well, he would be).

Scary good WR corps.

SteelCityMan786
01-09-2008, 09:57 PM
This is one of the very rare FA opportunities that I actively support looking into. Fitz and Santo? Ben at QB? Hines as a #3 (well, he would be).

Scary good WR corps.

Down the line Hines would be a 3. Santo would become 3 if Fitz came.

Scary Good Core indeed.

83-Steelers-43
01-09-2008, 09:59 PM
Down the line Hines would be a 3. Santo would become 3 if Fitz came.

Scary Good Core indeed.

If we grabbed Larry Fitzgerald tomorrow morning I would put him at #1 and Santonio Holmes at #2. Two deep threats on the outside and let Hines go in traffic.

While I strongly doubt we will ever see that scenario, it's beautiful to think about.

verks36
01-09-2008, 10:08 PM

Scary good WR corps.

It would be cool but no. Its not going to happen

First of all the Rooneys never sign big name FA's and next we have alot more things to worry about than are WR core we cant pass if we dont have a line to block

ShutDown24
01-09-2008, 10:15 PM
The Cardinals have been flirting with a Fitz trade since he was drafted. I wonder why they keep trying to deal him... Something must be up.

lilyoder6
01-09-2008, 10:23 PM
fittz is an amazing wr.. they must be something wrong in the brain over there in arizona

ShutDown24
01-09-2008, 10:28 PM
fittz is an amazing wr.. they must be something wrong in the brain over there in arizona

I have been thinking it must be personal. In the off-season there was a ton of talk about him going to the Vikings - Can you imagine that? If Minnesota drafted a first round QB and got Fittzgerald to join there receivers with that defense and Peterson/Taylor? WOW... That would be a team.

The Duke
01-09-2008, 10:33 PM
I have been thinking it must be personal. In the off-season there was a ton of talk about him going to the Vikings - Can you imagine that? If Minnesota drafted a first round QB and got Fittzgerald to join there receivers with that defense and Peterson/Taylor? WOW... That would be a team.

that, or they trade for McNabb. tarvaris jackson is not the answer in minnesotta obviously

lilyoder6
01-09-2008, 10:44 PM
if min did get him.. that would be a sick sick off..

ShutDown24
01-09-2008, 10:44 PM
that, or they trade for McNabb. tarvaris jackson is not the answer in minnesotta obviously

I have heard a lot about McNabb going there but I don't know... The guy is so injury prone. Not saying it won't happen, but I wouldn't want him over a young stud (No matter what the risk) at this point in his career, that is just me.

Jeremy
01-10-2008, 08:42 AM
Minnesota has said that they're not going to draft a quarterback.

revefsreleets
01-10-2008, 09:16 AM
I think the best way to address the WR position is through FA. It takes a couple years for WR's to really come into their own, and this team in it's current incarnation doesn't have a couple more years to wait. An OL through FA, and one through the draft, and a stud WR through FA would vastly improve this offense. But it would be really out of character for the Steelers to spend the kind of money Fitz is going to command, or give up the kind of talent Arizona will be looking for in return.

On a side note, statistically speaking, the 3rd year is traditionally the year that top tier WR's truly break out, and next year is the magical 3rd year for Santo.

ShutDown24
01-10-2008, 09:47 AM
Minnesota has said that they're not going to draft a quarterback.

And Nick Saban never left the Dolphins... Please, if a guy is there that they want Jackson better pray. The draft is all about deception. The Broncos told Jake Plummer not to worry about them drafting a guy because he was there man then they drafted Cutler just days later. Of course Minnesota will act like Tavaris is the guy, if they don't draft a QB he still has his confidence and thinks that was the plan the entire time.

lilyoder6
01-10-2008, 11:24 AM
well what about homes.. he came into his own during the 2nd half of the season in his rookie season??? bowe did really good this yr? and he will most likely be there #1 Wr next yr... i heard some speculation that mcnabb might go to chicago... either way minn off is still good even tho they have no big name WR's

Rhee Rhee
01-11-2008, 02:43 AM
if only they were shoping boldin... i think we should seize the oppurtunity to snatch boldin because he's a carbon copy of ward.. (just bigger)