PDA

View Full Version : Buckeye fan

ohiosteelerfan20
01-10-2008, 06:14 AM
I live 50 miles south of Columbus. I have been here for almost 2 and half years. I just want to say that Buckeye fan is sooo funny. Listening to the local sports radio station the last couple of days has been nothing short of comical. I mean they make some of the Steelers fans on this site seem rational. Hearing the calls to fire the head coach because he lost in the championship game made those fire Arians post seem sensiable. And the refs were employed by LSU calls(those were my favorites). And the "I still think the Buckeyes are a better team, they just played bad because of the layoff". I guess the Buckeyes never get beat. They either are poorly coached, or the refs take the game away from them, or they did'nt get beat, they just gave the away. Buckeye fan, you make me laugh:toofunny: Thanks for cheering me up this week because after this last sat.night, I needed it.

revefsreleets
01-10-2008, 08:11 AM
I do think some of the blame has to fall on Tressel's shoulders. His team played undisciplined football, and discipline is usually a hallmark of a Tress coached team. The second drive stalled because of a stupid false start penalty. The late hit out of bounds penalty was absolute horseshit, but the rest of the personal fouls were a team playing out of control. Those penalties KILLED OSU's chances of winning that game. In a close game with a quality opponent the basic tenets of OSU football are to play disciplined football, control the ball, and don't make stupid mistakes. They made mistakes, dropped passes, played out of position, etc, etc, etc...that stuff reflects back on coaching.

Jeremy
01-10-2008, 08:15 AM
The only thing funnier than someone whining about sports is the guy who makes fun of that guy.

It's kind of a sad pathetic circle.

GoFins11
01-10-2008, 01:12 PM
If they really played that bad because of a layoff than they didn't deserve to be there. I just think they lost to a better team.

ohiosteelerfan20
01-10-2008, 03:31 PM
Buckeyes lose to a better team? That could never happen!:sofunny:

Jeremy
01-10-2008, 05:45 PM
If they really played that bad because of a layoff than they didn't deserve to be there. I just think they lost to a better team.

"I get by with a little help from my friends"

GoFins11
01-10-2008, 06:36 PM
"I get by with a little help from my friends"

ok???

Steeler in Carolina
01-10-2008, 07:52 PM
I didn't watch the game, but it is a long layoff. That is why they need to have a playoff. Better games and would be way more interest.

silver & black
01-10-2008, 08:50 PM

I'm as die hard a Buckeye fan as they come. They just plain got beat by a better team.

The lack of discipline killed them. If they had held their composure, and played thier game, they would have won. LSU is a very good team, but not any better, or worse than OSU. LSU played their game, and remained disciplined, and in control... the results are on the score board.

OSU has choked two years in a row in the big game... there is no excuse for this year's choke job.......................... even though they didn't deserve to be in the BSC Championship game. Three MAC teams on the schedule... give me a break!

GoFins11
01-11-2008, 12:37 AM
I'm as die hard a Buckeye fan as they come. They just plain got beat by a better team.

The lack of discipline killed them. If they had held their composure, and played thier game, they would have won. LSU is a very good team, but not any better, or worse than OSU. LSU played their game, and remained disciplined, and in control... the results are on the score board.

OSU has choked two years in a row in the big game... there is no excuse for this year's choke job.......................... even though they didn't deserve to be in the BSC Championship game. Three MAC teams on the schedule... give me a break!

Great Post:cheers:

Rhee Rhee
01-11-2008, 02:04 AM
i have come to the conlcusion that a lay-off over one week is detrimental to a teams sucess..

Haiku_Dirtt
01-11-2008, 03:09 AM
The only thing funnier than someone whining about sports is the guy who makes fun of that guy.

It's kind of a sad pathetic circle.

What about the guy that makes fun of the guy who makes fun of that guy?

WE already know how bad the Buckeyes are when they play outside of Ohio. AGAIN AND AGAIN. As I see it OSU should be banned from the Title game for the next decade but at least it won't be an issue going forward.

They HAVE to play USC. No sweater or ESPN "analyst" can change that. And at full strength the Trojans have proved that every program in the NCAA is either underwater or treading water to stay afloat with the Pete Carroll Era.

Buckeye fan...raid the medicine cabinet because the credibility coat tails that write your pathetic pass to entitlement are NOW RENDERED DOA. At least Arizona State doesn't put little gold stars on their helmets for turning in homework in kindergarten.

revefsreleets
01-11-2008, 07:49 AM
Please. They have played some great teams on the road in the last few years and won. They went into Texas and pounded the Longhorns. Camp Randall is a very difficult place to play. They've beaten very good PSU teams in Happy Valley. Michigan is not an easy place to win most years. Hell, they won a NC against Miami outside of Ohio. Hate against the Bucks is fine, but at least keep it factual.

Jeremy
01-11-2008, 08:04 AM

WE already know how bad the Buckeyes are when they play outside of Ohio. AGAIN AND AGAIN. As I see it OSU should be banned from the Title game for the next decade but at least it won't be an issue going forward.

They HAVE to play USC. No sweater or ESPN "analyst" can change that. And at full strength the Trojans have proved that every program in the NCAA is either underwater or treading water to stay afloat with the Pete Carroll Era.
Buckeye fan...raid the medicine cabinet because the credibility coat tails that write your pathetic pass to entitlement are NOW RENDERED DOA. At least Arizona State doesn't put little gold stars on their helmets for turning in homework in kindergarten.

Wow.....you don't watch much USC football do you.

silver & black
01-11-2008, 03:53 PM

Ummm......................... STANFORD! :toofunny:

Elvis
01-12-2008, 03:49 AM
Please. They have played some great teams on the road in the last few years and won. They went into Texas and pounded the Longhorns. Camp Randall is a very difficult place to play. They've beaten very good PSU teams in Happy Valley. Michigan is not an easy place to win most years. Hell, they won a NC against Miami outside of Ohio. Hate against the Bucks is fine, but at least keep it factual.
:coffee: Here is some facts for ya...
Michigan has been down the last couple years.. they lost to my hometown boys... Appalachain State for goodness sakes.. Of course they are 3 reigning National Champions aint they?...
And.. by the way.... They Did Not Beat Miami for the National Tittle Game... the refs won that game for the Buckeyes..

Jeremy
01-12-2008, 08:44 AM
:coffee: Here is some facts for ya...
Michigan has been down the last couple years.. they lost to my hometown boys... Appalachain State for goodness sakes.. Of course they are 3 reigning National Champions aint they?...
And.. by the way.... They Did Not Beat Miami for the National Tittle Game... the refs won that game for the Buckeyes..

Wow.....another whiner.

revefsreleets
01-14-2008, 08:56 AM
Elvis is fast becoming my favorite poster...in the same way like if Elizabeth Taylor became a marriage counselor.