PDA

View Full Version : Prayer request for HTG

TroysBadDawg
01-10-2008, 08:24 AM
I have received word she is going to be facing more surgery in the near future. Please pray for her for the strength to help her through the coming weeks before surgery, and then after surgery. I personally know the power of prayer and she can use some now.

Please pray for her.

Mine and my family's prayers are already going out for her.

Thank You all for caring.

May God Bless

GBMelBlount
01-10-2008, 08:39 AM
I am praying for her!

MACH1
01-10-2008, 09:22 AM
She has our prayers.

ShutDown24
01-10-2008, 09:43 AM
For sure.

fansince'76
01-10-2008, 09:44 AM
As I've talked to her about it already, she knows she has mine. :hug:

X-Terminator
01-10-2008, 09:53 AM
I was there for the last one of this magnitude, and I'll be there for this one. She needn't worry about that. She is in my prayers, as always! :hug:

TackleMeBen
01-10-2008, 10:00 AM
HTG, you know you have my prayers and thoughts... lots of love to you:hug: and get well soon.. (you have to keep out of trouble when i am in town:wink02:)

Mosca
01-10-2008, 10:16 AM
She got it from me; HTG is tops.

Counselor
01-10-2008, 10:34 AM
Thanks for the info TBD, she'll be in my prayers as well.

PAMillerGrrl83
01-10-2008, 03:12 PM
Shes definately in my thoughts and prayers.

Preacher
01-10-2008, 03:27 PM
I am praying for her as I type this.

stlrtruck
01-10-2008, 04:01 PM
Prayers for her from the sunshine state!!!!

Atlanta Dan
01-10-2008, 04:06 PM
Prayers from Atlanta

memphissteelergirl
01-10-2008, 04:19 PM
Sending up prayers from Memphis! :hug:

Steeler in Carolina
01-10-2008, 08:58 PM
Prayers from NC.

Polamalu Princess
01-10-2008, 10:23 PM
I am so sorry that you have to deal with your health once again. It is not right. I will be praying for you tenfold. Sending many prayers and a lot of love to you friend. Please remember that I am so close to you and can be there in a hop, skip or jump. Let me know if you need anything and I will be there. HTG!!!!:peace::sun::nurse::grouphug:

silver & black
01-10-2008, 10:30 PM
I don't know the circumstances, but prayers from Ohio are with you HTG.

SteelCityMan786
01-10-2008, 10:53 PM
From Hollidaysburg. May it not be a pain in the rear for a result.

HometownGal
01-11-2008, 08:44 AM
Thank you, TBD, for starting this thread and requesting prayers for my upcoming surgery. :hug:

Thank you to everyone who is sending prayers - it truly means so much to me. :hug:

I won't know until the end of the month when this surgery is going to take place, but there is a sense of urgency to it. I had a similar surgery in 2003 and it was a horrific experience, as I ended up comatose and on a ventilator for 10 days. Please keep those positive vibes coming. I want to go into this with the most positive attitude possible! :thumbsup::hug:

SteelersMongol
01-11-2008, 10:24 AM
My thoughts R with U.

CB1977
01-11-2008, 10:45 AM
Same here....she's in my thoughts and prayers.

touchdownward
01-12-2008, 12:23 PM
All my love and prayers go out to you Gal.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-12-2008, 12:28 PM
Thoughts and prayers from Illinois!!!!!

HometownGal
01-12-2008, 12:53 PM
Thank you all so much. :hug:

My ENT got in touch again with my surgeon and he wants me in his office at 9:00 AM on Monday morning, so I guess the ball will get rollin' and I'll know more then. I'll keep you all updated.

Please keep those prayers coming - they are appreciated more than you know! :smile:

Rhee Rhee
01-13-2008, 04:31 AM
im sorry to hear this but hey we got your back all the way from hawaii!

HometownGal
01-14-2008, 04:52 PM
I went to see my surgeon today and I am scheduled for surgery in early February. Don't know the date just yet - his scheduling secretary will call me later on this week with a date. This surgery, though a major operation, won't be as intense as the surgery I had in 2003. I don't know how long I will be hospitalized or how long the surgery will take and even though I am still a bit scared, I'm not as terrified as I was.

Thank you all again for your prayers and well wishes. :cheers: I'll keep you all posted!

The Duke
01-14-2008, 05:38 PM
I went to see my surgeon today and I am scheduled for surgery in early February. Don't know the date just yet - his scheduling secretary will call me later on this week with a date. This surgery, though a major operation, won't be as intense as the surgery I had in 2003. I don't know how long I will be hospitalized or how long the surgery will take and even though I am still a bit scared, I'm not as terrified as I was.

Thank you all again for your prayers and well wishes. :cheers: I'll keep you all posted!

don't worry, everything will be fine, you just have to keep the positive attitude and everything will go well

I'm hoping for a speedy recovery so we can have you back here pretty soon

:cheers:

sherlock
01-15-2008, 12:05 AM
HTG,
Your fortitude and positive disposition are quite something...a lesson to us all.
Football is way down the list of priorities I know ,but for what it`s worth you have an amazing grasp of the game and,like so many other posters here,I regard your posts as a learning experience for this NFL rookie in the UK. :thumbsup: :hug:

HometownGal
01-15-2008, 07:07 AM
Thanks, guys. I really appreciate it! :hug: I just want to get it over with and get back here with my Steelers family! :cheers::tt02:

NV STEELERS 723
01-15-2008, 10:19 PM
Prayers and positive thoughts for HTG ! she's a tough Pittsburgh gal !!!

HometownGal
01-16-2008, 12:46 PM
Just heard from my surgeon's office. My surgery is scheduled for February 13th and I will be first on his surgery schedule that day, so I would imagine it would start around 7 AM or so. It will be a 2-3 hour surgery and I will have to stay in the hospital for a day or two post-op.

Please behave yourselves around here while I'm gone, ya hear? :wink02::hug:

TackleMeBen
01-16-2008, 01:00 PM
Just heard from my surgeon's office. My surgery is scheduled for February 13th and I will be first on his surgery schedule that day, so I would imagine it would start around 7 AM or so. It will be a 2-3 hour surgery and I will have to stay in the hospital for a day or two post-op.

Please behave yourselves around here while I'm gone, ya hear? :wink02::hug:

me behave??????????? NEVER :wink02:. you know i will be on my best behavior for you HTG :hug:

OneForTheToe
01-27-2008, 02:03 PM
Prayers as well, HTG. Remember you have a race to qualify for and win. I hope you have a Steelers Fever shirt to give the host. :thumbsup:

Dynasty
02-12-2008, 12:21 AM
prayers from the burgh, good luck with everything

HometownGal
02-12-2008, 07:41 AM
Thanks OFTT and Dynasty. :hug:

My surgery was rescheduled to March 5th. I just want to get in there, get it over with and get back to my workout regimen! :banana:

SteelCityMan786
02-12-2008, 10:22 AM
Thanks OFTT and Dynasty. :hug:

My surgery was rescheduled to March 5th. I just want to get in there, get it over with and get back to my workout regimen! :banana:

Dag on it. Don't you love when they reschedule everything?

TroysBadDawg
02-13-2008, 03:20 AM
Rescheduling is just a way to keep ahead of the payments on their Boat, house and Mercedes, not to mention the Country Club fees. When they get enough patients for one month they start moving them to the others to the next month.

Heck my cardiologist told me I was paying his kids way through college, and they are 8, 10, and 12. Hope he keeps me alive that long for them to make college.

the above is a funny for the doctors out there, if there are any. Do not sue me, I don't have anything.

Tankus_Maximus
02-14-2008, 10:32 AM
Good luck, and god bless from So-Cal!

GBMelBlount
02-15-2008, 07:30 AM
Hang in there HTG! We're Praying for you!

Rhee Rhee
02-16-2008, 01:34 AM
Right after your surgery definitely treat yourself to a good 'ole $7.00 Roethlisburger

HometownGal
03-04-2008, 09:33 AM
Just heard from the hospital and I'm scheduled for surgery at 8 AM tomorrow. I have to be at the hospital by 5:30 AM. Needless to say, I'm petrified, though I should be used to this by now. :dang:

Keep those prayers coming - they are so much appreciated! :hug:

fansince'76
03-04-2008, 09:52 AM
You already know this, but my thoughts and prayers are with you, Marianne. :hug:

X-Terminator
03-04-2008, 09:52 AM
Just heard from the hospital and I'm scheduled for surgery at 8 AM tomorrow. I have to be at the hospital by 5:30 AM. Needless to say, I'm petrified, though I should be used to this by now. :dang:

Thanks for the update! It's perfectly understandable for you to be nervous given the type of surgery you're having, but I have no doubt that you will get through it just fine. I'll definitely be praying for you and so will my Mom! :hug:

GBMelBlount
03-04-2008, 09:56 AM
Thoughts and Prayers are with you HTG! :hug:

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-04-2008, 10:02 AM

Got your back....Prayers from Illinois!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MACH1
03-04-2008, 10:48 AM
You have my prayers HTG.

Mamaduck43
03-04-2008, 11:31 AM
Prayers and positive thoughts heading your way..... We will be counting the days until your are back here posting - - - - and we won't talk about you TOO much while you are out of service.....

:tt02::hug::hug::hug::tt02:

TackleMeBen
03-04-2008, 12:42 PM

you will be fine. you are a steeler fan and we are as tough as they come..

i will be praying for you and your recovery:hug::hug:

fansince'76
03-05-2008, 09:30 AM
Very good news - Just heard from X-Terminator and HTG's surgery went very well and only lasted about 45 minutes, which was about half as long as expected! She should be able to go home later on today!
:thumbsup: :banana: :chicken: :banana: :thumbsup:

GBMelBlount
03-05-2008, 09:56 AM
Thanks '76. That is GREAT news! :thumbsup:

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-05-2008, 10:01 AM
Very good news - Just heard from X-Terminator and HTG's surgery went very well and only lasted about 45 minutes, which was about half as long as expected! She should be able to go home later on today!

Thanks for the heads up!!!

TackleMeBen
03-05-2008, 10:48 AM
Great news. thanks for letting us know.:cheer::cheer:

memphissteelergirl
03-05-2008, 11:40 AM
Great news!! :chicken::banana:

OneForTheToe
03-05-2008, 12:07 PM

Very good news. Don't do any heavy lifting for a few weeks HTG. If you gota bounce someone out of here, let fansince'76 be the the heavy. :wink02:

Anyhow, it is greats news hope to see you posting soon.

Polamalu Princess
03-05-2008, 02:03 PM
:danceshout:I am so glad to hear the things went well HTG!!! I will continue to keep you in my prayers. Now just make sure to take care of yourself.

Michael Keller
03-05-2008, 02:19 PM
I am so pleased , while I of course do ot know you, you have impressed me a a class act. I did not know anything about your situation untill this very day but I intensely want to tell you you are in my prayers and I am so glad that your surgery was short and I trust went well. You are obviouslly loved and cared for by many forum fans and this is out pouring of care and concern is perhaps the best of the best.

Mamaduck43
03-05-2008, 02:53 PM
Yay!!!!!!!! This is great news..... Thanks for the update......

:banana::banana::banana:

Preacher
03-05-2008, 03:05 PM
That is all great news.

May the Lord bless and keep Marianne. May she continue in health.

Amen

Atlanta Dan
03-05-2008, 04:26 PM
Great news:thumbsup:

touchdownward
03-05-2008, 09:37 PM
Wonderful news!!!
Hope to see you posting again real soon Gal.
:hug:

NJarhead
03-05-2008, 09:44 PM
That's great news HTG! I'm not sure how I missed these posts, but I will say a prayer now for good measure. Best wishes for a speedy recovery! :hug:

HometownGal
03-06-2008, 11:55 AM
Thanks for all the well wishes and prayers - I really appreciate them! :hug:

The surgery wasn't quite as long, as my surgeon changed up on his plan when he got a good look at the tissue underneath the mesh and saw how healthy it is. Long story, but he did cut a little of the mesh and cleaned it all out - he wants to confer with my ENT doc and my neurosurgeon before proceeding any further. Ughhhhh.

I will be in and out for a few days as I am just tired and my eyes are pretty swollen from my surgeon working right above them. Hope to be posting again by the weekend! :cheers:

The Duke
03-06-2008, 03:19 PM

The surgery wasn't quite as long, as my surgeon changed up on his plan when he got a good look at the tissue underneath the mesh and saw how healthy it is. Long story, but he did cut a little of the mesh and cleaned it all out - he wants to confer with my ENT doc and my neurosurgeon before proceeding any further. Ughhhhh.

I will be in and out for a few days as I am just tired and my eyes are pretty swollen from my surgeon working right above them. Hope to be posting again by the weekend! :cheers:

glad to hear you're ok marianne

rest and come back soon, we miss you over here

:cheers:

TackleMeBen
03-06-2008, 03:49 PM

we just want you well. so take your time.. 76 can do all the work while you are recovering. i promise i will be good and not get into any trouble.

Preacher
03-06-2008, 04:34 PM

Well... I am glad it is working out as it is. More to go... but you've made it through this much with good news. I'll keep praying for you.

tony hipchest
03-06-2008, 05:05 PM
i promise i will be good and not get into any trouble.

hehehe :stirthepot:

not me! when the cats away, the mice will play! (chuck-e-cheese style)

:wink02: get well htg.

TackleMeBen
03-06-2008, 05:20 PM
hehehe :stirthepot:

not me! when the cats away, the mice will play! (chuck-e-cheese style)

:wink02: get well htg.
HTG get back soon.. tony will get me in trouble...

TroysBadDawg
03-07-2008, 06:53 AM
Hurry back HTG, healthy, wealthy, and wise. Well healthy and wise anyway. LOL

HometownGal
03-07-2008, 10:27 AM
Thanks all. I'm feeling better today, though still a wee bit tired and I still have some swelling around my eyes, which is quite normal. I'll know more about what they have in store for me next when I see my surgeon on the 24th.

MACH1
03-07-2008, 10:41 AM
Good to see you back, glad everything went well. Now go get rested up. :cheers:

memphissteelergirl
03-07-2008, 11:53 AM
Marianne,

Just get your rest, girl! We want you at 100% when ya lay the hammer down on the trolls! :wink02:

Much love,
Felecia

:hug:

SteelCityMan786
03-07-2008, 05:18 PM
Get healthy now Marianne. Ya hear me? lol.