PDA

View Full Version : Mallett leaving Michigan

TackleMeBen
01-10-2008, 09:34 AM
ANN ARBOR, Mich. (AP) - Ryan Mallett has left the Michigan football program, and the quarterback might be reunited with his offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach at Tennessee.

He's on his way home," his father, Jim Mallett, told The Associated Press on Wednesday. "We don't know where he's going to go yet, but we need to do something quick. We're going to visit three, four or five schools."

The former Texas Class 4A offensive player of the year may end up with the Volunteers, who are considering hiring former Michigan offensive coordinator Mike DeBord and quarterbacks coach Scott Loeffler.
"If they're hired, that would be a real good possibility," Jim Mallett said. "Ryan really clicked with both coach DeBord and coach Loeffler during the last couple months of the season and during bowl practices, I've never seen Ryan throw the ball or read defenses as well as he did."
http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/7655168

and with arrington and manningham going to the draft, oh rich has got his work cut out now.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
01-10-2008, 09:52 AM
I can't say I didn't see this coming. Mallet just doesn't fit Rodriguez's system. I hope Rich knows that he letting a solid QB go.

Lord Stiller
01-10-2008, 10:01 AM
I'm glad to see him leave the Big 10

Mallett looks like the real deal to me. I think he will be a big time QB in college and into the pros

TackleMeBen
01-10-2008, 10:03 AM
appartently rich called mallet several times to talk to him and mallet didnt return his calls. which makes me very disappointed in mallet, he should have at least listen to what rich had to say before jumping ship. now rich is going to put his eggs in the basket of this freshman qb named pryor that they want. i am not having much faith in my team now.

revefsreleets
01-10-2008, 11:28 AM
Terrelle Pryor and Ryan Mallett are complete opposite style QB's. I think Mallet knew the writing was on the wall.

TackleMeBen
01-10-2008, 11:41 AM
Terrelle Pryor and Ryan Mallett are complete opposite style QB's. I think Mallet knew the writing was on the wall.

maybe so rev, but its still bs that he didnt even at least return a phone call from rodriguez. i mean have some couth and character.

CantStop85
01-10-2008, 11:50 AM
Good decision by Mallett, Rodriguez has no need for a pocket QB...besides, he can go to a real conference now.

Lord Stiller
01-10-2008, 12:06 PM
Good decision by Mallett, Rodriguez has no need for a pocket QB...besides, he can go to a real conference now.

Ease up

It's not like the Big 10 is as bad as the Big Least or ACC

I like the SEC a lot and agree they are clearly the best followed by the Big 10 and Pac 10

SteelCityMan786
01-10-2008, 06:05 PM
Hmmmmmm, That 4 of the people gone. Now get rid of some more at Michigan and steal some of their blue chips and we can make the next couple of year such as this years game at Penn State a bitch for the Wolverines.

(Evil Laugh)

TackleMeBen
01-10-2008, 07:01 PM
Hmmmmmm, That 4 of the people gone. Now get rid of some more at Michigan and steal some of their blue chips and we can make the next couple of year such as this years game at Penn State a bitch for the Wolverines.

(Evil Laugh)

Steelman, you be nice to my michigan wolverines... you know that you are a wolverine fan deep down inside...:wink02:.

SteelCityMan786
01-10-2008, 07:07 PM
Steelman, you be nice to my michigan wolverines... you know that you are a wolverine fan deep down inside...:wink02:.

I'm not the one who is getting upset about their team so you must be the Michigan Imepersonator here who truely is a Penn State fan.:sofunny:

TackleMeBen
01-10-2008, 07:09 PM
I'm not the one who is getting upset about their team so you must be the Michigan Imepersonator here who truely is a Penn State fan.:sofunny:

lol.. i like penn st in basketball does that count????:flap:

SteelCityMan786
01-10-2008, 08:50 PM
lol.. i like penn st in basketball does that count????:flap:

Yes it does. It's good to be 10-4 now a days and to be able to be able to beat Michigan at something.Still have work to do to become great, but hey, great programs weren't built overnight.

Michigan basketball must suck with that ol WVU coach now a days huh? lol. You guys got one of the best coaches ever in the Big East Conference and where has Michigan Gone. Last I checked no better then an NIT like Eddy.

TackleMeBen
01-11-2008, 06:30 AM
Yes it does. It's good to be 10-4 now a days and to be able to be able to beat Michigan at something.Still have work to do to become great, but hey, great programs weren't built overnight.

Michigan basketball must suck with that ol WVU coach now a days huh? lol. You guys got one of the best coaches ever in the Big East Conference and where has Michigan Gone. Last I checked no better then an NIT like Eddy.

i dont keep up with michigan basketball.. i am a die hard duke blue devil basketball fan... i only like michigan in football:wink02:. and you know i will definately pull for penn st against OSU... i would pull for the devil before i pulled for OSU..lol.

Jeremy
01-11-2008, 08:05 AM
Look for Mallett to end up on the West Coast. UCLA and ASU could make huge pushes for him.

TackleMeBen
01-11-2008, 11:26 AM
I am thinking probably UCLA. i know they said Tennessee and Arkansas was on the list too.

Jeremy
01-11-2008, 07:19 PM
I am thinking probably UCLA. i know they said Tennessee and Arkansas was on the list too.

The one drawback at UCLA is Nick Crissman, the big stud from Southern California who looks like the next big thing for the Bruins.

But if Mallet wants to be in a pro style offense, there are plenty of schools who don't run the flavor of month spread option offense.

SteelCityMan786
01-12-2008, 06:26 PM
i dont keep up with michigan basketball.. i am a die hard duke blue devil basketball fan... i only like michigan in football:wink02:. and you know i will definately pull for penn st against OSU... i would pull for the devil before i pulled for OSU..lol.

Sorta like me. I'd much rather see Michigan beat OSU. I tend to hate OSU more then Michigan.

TackleMeBen
01-14-2008, 11:32 AM
Sorta like me. I'd much rather see Michigan beat OSU. I tend to hate OSU more then Michigan.

well we have that in common along with our like for duke and the steelers..:thumbsup:

revefsreleets
01-14-2008, 01:35 PM
You heard it here first. Ryan Mallet is going to Arkansas next year. Wonder what that team will be able to accomplish with a real QB for a change?

Jeremy
01-14-2008, 02:47 PM
You heard it here first. Ryan Mallet is going to Arkansas next year. Wonder what that team will be able to accomplish with a real QB for a change?

They won't have McFadden, so it won't matter much. Plus Petrino is going to find it pretty hard to recruit in the SEC after what he pulled with the Falcons.

Rhee Rhee
01-17-2008, 09:57 PM
They won't have McFadden, so it won't matter much. Plus Petrino is going to find it pretty hard to recruit in the SEC after what he pulled with the Falcons.

im amazed that mallet couldn't find a better skool to go... tenesse is losing it's startin QB... he just had to go with petrino... my gosh...