PDA

View Full Version : Ward Has Right Knee Surgery - Troy Maybe

Atlanta Dan
01-10-2008, 04:24 PM
More press conference news on the medical front

Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward underwent surgery to repair a partially torn meniscus in his right knee and will need about six weeks of recovery time before beginning offseason workouts.

The surgery was done Wednesday, but was not disclosed until coach Mike Tomlin's season-ending news conference Thursday.

Ward missed three games this season because of the injury, including the Dec. 30 game at Baltimore

Tomlin said Pro Bowl safety Troy Polamalu may need surgery on his right knee, but will wait to see if rest cures the problem.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/uga/stories/2008/01/10/hines_0110.html

The Duke
01-10-2008, 04:36 PM
after the last 2 seasons problems with Troy he should get surgery. maybe it'll actually help him and he will come back to his old destructive ways. I miss that guy

SteelerFanInCA
01-10-2008, 05:31 PM
I wonder if HInes was playing with the partially torn ligament all along or did it happen in the last game against the jags? Either way he should have more that adequate enough time to rehab and be ready for trainning camp.

Atlanta Dan
01-10-2008, 06:58 PM
I wonder if HInes was playing with the partially torn ligament all along or did it happen in the last game against the jags? Either way he should have more that adequate enough time to rehab and be ready for trainning camp.

He may have aggravated it, but I think this surgery is for the knee injury that caused Ward to miss games before the October bye

Lord Stiller
01-10-2008, 07:01 PM
He may have aggravated it, but I think this surgery is for the knee injury that caused Ward to miss games before the October bye

Yep. Hines is a warrior. Not many players in the league like him

TackleMeBen
01-10-2008, 08:04 PM
no there arent many players in the league like him. he is one tough cookie. i hope this helps and he comes back next year better.

stillers4me
01-10-2008, 08:17 PM
Hines is such a special football player..........I love watching him tear up the defense! He's blocking and tearing guys off himsef while his carrying the ball, what a scrapper he is! I wish him the best in his recovery and look forward to a watching him duke it out a few more years and hopefully he'll retire a Steeler.....and end up in the HOF.

I know Troy would rather heal naturally, but maybe getting that knee cleaned out would be the best thing he could do. I sure don't want to see him sitting out ore games next year when it gets aggrevated again.

BlastFurnace
01-10-2008, 08:31 PM
After watching us struggle to get 3rd and 1, 3rd and 2 during the season. I began thinking the other day how blessed we were to have Bettis where it was pretty much a guarantee that he was going to make that 1 or 2 yards. He's gone and we really could have used him this season because Davenport is just not cut out for that role.

Ward, when he is gone, will be viewed the same way. I love to watch that guy play. He's clutch in big games, playoff games, and yes...the greatest game...Super Bowls...as we all saw. He takes on CB's, Safeties, LB's, and DLineman.....FEARLESSLY. It might be sacrilige to say, but to me, he is the greatest Steelers receiver ever....and yes....I was around to watch all of Swann and Stallworth's careers.

It's funny how you realize how great players are when they don't play...Aaron Smith comes to mind as well.

stillers4me
01-10-2008, 08:52 PM
After watching us struggle to get 3rd and 1, 3rd and 2 during the season. I began thinking the other day how blessed we were to have Bettis where it was pretty much a guarantee that he was going to make that 1 or 2 yards. He's gone and we really could have used him this season because Davenport is just not cut out for that role.

Ward, when he is gone, will be viewed the same way. I love to watch that guy play. He's clutch in big games, playoff games, and yes...the greatest game...Super Bowls...as we all saw. He takes on CB's, Safeties, LB's, and DLineman.....FEARLESSLY. It might be sacrilige to say, but to me, he is the greatest Steelers receiver ever....and yes....I was around to watch all of Swann and Stallworth's careers.

It's funny how you realize how great players are when they don't play...Aaron Smith comes to mind as well.

Great post.....how many times have I yelled at the TV......."we need Jerome"!!

I don't even want to think about a Steelers team without Hines Ward.

Hines0wnz
01-10-2008, 09:05 PM

The inconsistent O-line has had nothing to do with it either. :coffee:

Rhee Rhee
01-11-2008, 02:12 AM
after the last 2 seasons problems with Troy he should get surgery. maybe it'll actually help him and he will come back to his old destructive ways. I miss that guy

haha sounds like he's died..

Galax Steeler
01-11-2008, 04:45 AM
Hope ward gets better and comes back this year better then ever.

HometownGal
01-11-2008, 11:53 AM
I can't imagine a modern day Steelers team without Hines or Troy. :jawdrop: Both are an integral part of the team not only as leaders, but as warriors! :tt02: We need ya guys - get those knees fixed, relax a bit in the offseason, get 'em rehabbed and come back next season stronger and healthier than ever! :cheers:

klick81
01-11-2008, 04:49 PM
Yeah, Steelers would not be the same team without them. They have forged a large part of the Steelers identity. Let's hope they get a lot therapy in the off-season.

Welcome To Smashmouth
01-12-2008, 01:00 AM
These men are true warrios, and I expect nothing but the best both for and from both of these two top-notch fellas.

Hopefully their Mrs.' are given them plenty of rejuvination!!!

Steelman16
01-12-2008, 02:53 AM
Get well soon Hines!! Troy, rest up do whatever, but get better!

Get dem knees back in regular order, and let's git scrappin' fer next year!

DP_Steeler
01-12-2008, 09:22 PM
If Troy has a tear there would be surgery ... by now they must know that he does not have complete rupture of the ligaments which means rest and rehab should have him back healthy for Sept.

As for Hines Ward, hat's off for another great season even though he may have been restricted in his mobility due to the torn meniscus ... I just had the same surgery on Tuesday ... can't imagine having played WR at his level with the same injury. Certainly a mentally tough player!

Elvis
01-13-2008, 08:03 AM
I agree.. its time to get this thing fixed and that way he can fully be ready for camps..
:coffee:

sherlock
01-13-2008, 01:57 PM
Hope it goes well Hines and Troy!
It was actually a privilege,in my fledgeling Steeler fanship, to watch Hines against the Jaguars in the play-off...damn he was fired up!
If all 11 players on the field could play with that fire they`d be unstoppable!
Can`t wait till next season....I`m looking at a 16-0.....so long as all the players "Hines It Up" !!