PDA

View Full Version : Some Info About Starbucks Coffee

Elvis
01-11-2008, 04:22 AM
Subject: Fw: Fw: Won't be drinking Starbucks anymore

Guess I will not be drinking Starbucks anymore! ! !

Recently Marines in Iraq wrote to Starbucks because they wanted to
let them know how much they liked their coffees and to request that they
send some of it to the troops there. Starbucks replied, telling the Marines
thank you for their support of their business, but that Starbucks does not
support the war, nor anyone in it, and that they would not send the troops
their brand of coffee.

So as not to offend Starbucks, maybe we should not support them by
buying any of their products! I feel we should get this out in the open. I
know this war might not be very popular with some folks, but that doesn't
mean we don't support the boys on the ground fighting street-to-street and
house-to-house.

If you feel the same as I do then pass this along, or you can
discard it and no one will never know.

Thanks very much for your support. I know you'll all be there again when I
deploy once more.

Semper Fidelis.
Sgt. Howard C. Wright
1st Force Recon Co
1st Plt PLT

PLEASE DON'T DELETE THIS . . ALLOW IT TO BE
PASSED TO ALL IN MEMORY OF ALL THE TROOPS WHO HAVE DIED SO THAT WE MAY HAVE
THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE TO SUPPORT THEM OR NOT! ! !

Also, don't forget that when the Twin Trade Towers were hit the fire fighters
and rescue workers went to Starbucks because it was close by for water for
the survivors and workers and Starbucks charged them! ! !
Could You Imagine?
This place obviously doesnt care about their freedom either. I know that everyone has their own right to support the war or not, but to up and say that they dont support our troops? I hope that all that drink at these places will just think about this before they go in and support this company.

TroysBadDawg
01-11-2008, 05:58 AM
There was something on Snopes.com saying it was incorrect and they have donated, But that can be bought in my opinion. I remember going to Nam and the Red Cross selling coffee and donuts with the Salvation Army 1/2 block away giving it way free.

But the Red Cross denied it. Some other vets might remember.

Money buys what it wants, whether it is snopes or politics.

HometownGal
01-11-2008, 07:40 AM
If that is indeed true, how pathetic.

I don't drink Starbucks anyway - tar would probably taste better. :yuck::yuck:

My coffee of choice is Tim Hortons - best stuff in the world and part of the proceeds from everything they sell goes to the Tim Hortons Childrens Foundation. :thumbsup:

Dunkin Donuts comes in second.

TroysBadDawg
01-11-2008, 11:20 AM
Whaa Whoo Yes I'm also for Timmies.:thumbsup: ooops Tim Hortons, (large Double double):coffee: but in the States they don't accept Canadian money? I like their coffee but they don't like their own money. :banging: The old man discount also helps.:thumbsup:

JPPT1974
01-11-2008, 10:55 PM
Hey I love Starbucks! As we have one in our own town!:tt02:

Dynasty
01-11-2008, 11:21 PM
Yeah if that story was true it would be pretty pathetic, but as Troy's said, its not.

SteelCityMan786
01-12-2008, 09:30 AM
If that is indeed true, how pathetic.

I don't drink Starbucks anyway - tar would probably taste better. :yuck::yuck:

My coffee of choice is Tim Hortons - best stuff in the world and part of the proceeds from everything they sell goes to the Tim Hortons Childrens Foundation. :thumbsup:

Dunkin Donuts comes in second.

Good thing I don't drink it. If I want my cup of joe(or what I do drink hot chocolate) That's why I'd rather go to Sheetz and Dunkin.

HometownGal
01-12-2008, 09:53 AM
Whaa Whoo Yes I'm also for Timmies.:thumbsup: ooops Tim Hortons, (large Double double):coffee: but in the States they don't accept Canadian money? I like their coffee but they don't like their own money. :banging: The old man discount also helps.:thumbsup:

There are Tim Hortons shops in the U.S., TBD. There are several in Erie, PA, Buffalo, NY and in Ohio and WVA. The next time I take a ride to WVA to get a couple of cans, I'll pick a few up for you too! :cheers:

Jeremy
01-12-2008, 09:57 AM
There was something on Snopes.com saying it was incorrect and they have donated, But that can be bought in my opinion. I remember going to Nam and the Red Cross selling coffee and donuts with the Salvation Army 1/2 block away giving it way free.

But the Red Cross denied it. Some other vets might remember.

Money buys what it wants, whether it is snopes or politics.

So you think Starbucks paid snopes? Wow.....your level of paranoia must be pretty damn high.

Elvis
01-12-2008, 09:27 PM
Yeah if that story was true it would be pretty pathetic, but as Troy's said, its not.
So... Dynasty...
Let us in on the secret that you are the only one that knows that this isnt true...! If you can give me some evidence, then let us all know where it can be found..Thanks

Mosca
01-12-2008, 10:09 PM
http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/starbucks.asp

It's fairly well documented. Stuff like this shouldn't be passed around; almost none of it is true.

finneyboy
01-12-2008, 10:37 PM
Starbucks has a few stores on the US bases in Kuwait. For example Camp Buehring, which is located about 15 miles from the Iraqi border, has two Starbucks and the bases primary focus is OIF (Operation Iraqi Freedom). This corporation likes money and our troops like coffee, A LOT. Do the math.

Atlanta Dan
01-12-2008, 10:38 PM
If I run a publicly traded consumer goods company that is subject to consumer boycotts of course I am going to tell the troops the company does not support the war or the troops - with these sorts of urban myths don't check your common sense at the door before passing them along as true

Preacher
01-12-2008, 11:03 PM
If I run a publicly traded consumer goods company that is subject to consumer boycotts of course I am going to tell the troops the company does not support the war or the troops - with these sorts of urban myths don't check your common sense at the door before passing them along as true

True...

However, knowing the political leanings of Starbucks and where they were founded... I would have believed it more from them then from many other places.

Then again, that is probably what made this myth so able to be passed around in the first place.

I usually check out snopes... or something else before I really believe these anyways.

Rhee Rhee
01-13-2008, 03:10 AM
stsrbucks...tisktisk...

i never go there anyway...

their sandwhiches etc... are so overpriced!!!

Elvis
01-13-2008, 05:55 AM
http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/starbucks.asp

It's fairly well documented. Stuff like this shouldn't be passed around; almost none of it is true.
Good thread Mosca..
I went there and read it myself, it wouldnt let me copy/paste the story. I hope that everyone goes and reads this. Sorry that I started a thread before I checked the facts, but I didnt know about his snopes.com, but now I do and I will check next time.

TroysBadDawg
01-13-2008, 09:44 AM
So you think Starbucks paid snopes? Wow.....your level of paranoia must be pretty damn high.

It is not about Paranoia, it is about the truth. As a vet I was charged for a cup of coffee and a donut by the Red Cross (they said it was a donation) but if you didn't donate you didn't get it. The Salvation Army was about a block away giving away Coffee and donuts with out a sign for donations in sight anywhere. I tried to give them a dollar for it and they told me to keep the money and "God Bless ME for what I was about to do and go." SO don't tell me about paranoia, I lived it, I saw it. Like they saw Been there, done that.

As far as Starbucks paying Snopes show me where they didn't and show me is behind Snopes and does thier research and shows all of it, I have yet to find that. You see anyone can write something on the internet and there are people that will believe it because someone wrote it. Just like in the press and magizines if it is writen it is the truth, maybe not the entire truth but they believe it as the entire truth don't they?

OneForTheToe
01-13-2008, 12:44 PM
Personally i prefer the soft, mellow, yet smooth taste of Tweak coffee. :coffee:

Mosca
01-14-2008, 09:16 PM
As far as Starbucks paying Snopes show me where they didn't and show me is behind Snopes and does thier research and shows all of it, I have yet to find that. You see anyone can write something on the internet and there are people that will believe it because someone wrote it. Just like in the press and magizines if it is writen it is the truth, maybe not the entire truth but they believe it as the entire truth don't they?

Shrug. Show me where you weren't paid by Dunkin' Donuts to plant this.

GBMelBlount
01-15-2008, 07:55 AM
Shrug. Show me where you weren't paid by Dunkin' Donuts to plant this.

:toofunny:

As AD & Preach mentioned on another thread, sometimes it is good to cross check several resources to verify the accuracy of information. It ain't always easy to sift through the BS to find the nugget of truth.

rbryan
01-15-2008, 01:03 PM
Starbucks sucks anyway. Eight o'clock coffee, whole bean ground fresh every morning at home. Can't beat it.

GBMelBlount
01-15-2008, 02:48 PM
Starbucks sucks anyway. Eight o'clock coffee, whole bean ground fresh every morning at home. Can't beat it.

That's what we do as well. Eight O'clock whole bean & a programmable Grind & Brew.