PDA

View Full Version : Terrelle Pryor taking Charlie Batch on recruiting trips.

Jeremy
01-11-2008, 09:16 AM
Pryor and Batch. (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08011/848406-365.stm)

revefsreleets
01-11-2008, 09:46 AM
Jesus, does that mean the kid's going to the MAC? Batch went to Eastern Michigan.

Jeremy
01-11-2008, 09:49 AM
Jesus, does that mean the kid's going to the MAC? Batch went to Eastern Michigan.

No, but I think it shows that he's smart enough to know he doesn't have the savy that some of these coaches have. I kind of expect to see Batch try to push him towards Ohio State or Penn State, but I could be wrong.

lilyoder6
01-11-2008, 10:00 AM
i hope this kid goes to penn st.... he is a really good player

Jeremy
01-11-2008, 10:11 AM

I think Penn State still has a shot with him. It all depends on how Slick Rich sells Michigan. He knows he can be the starting quarterback from Day 1 in Ann Arbor, but will he want to be with a whole new cast of characters on offense.

At least at Penn State, he can ease in to the offense.

revefsreleets
01-11-2008, 10:18 AM
Did you see Todd Boeckman in the NC game?

OSU needs a QB. They have been in the NC game 3 of the last 8 years. Tressel has already shown that he will adjust his offense to fit the player, and a QB in a Tress ran spread offense just won a Heisman. I think there is a very good chance OSU will land this kid, which would be a major coup, since OSU simply does not land blue chip QB's.

Jeremy
01-11-2008, 10:20 AM

OSU needs a QB. They have been in the NC game 3 of the last 8 years. Tressel has already shown that he will adjust his offense to fit the player, and a QB in a Tress ran spread offense just won a Heisman. I think there is a very good chance OSU will land this kid, which would be a major coup, since OSU simply does not land blue chip QB's.

Maybe. I think they have a pretty good chance right now. The players figure to be Ohio State, Penn State, and Michigan with Oregon and Florida on the outside looking in.

But like with every single recruit in America, nobody really knows what they're going to do until they do it.

Rhee Rhee
01-12-2008, 10:53 PM

if they'll get pryor i'll freak... he truly is the definition of a once in 10 years kinda player... (even in basketball!) they just need a big reciever to complement him... (too bad julio jones aint budgin out of the SEC)

SteelCityMan786
01-12-2008, 10:59 PM
I think Penn State still has a shot with him. It all depends on how Slick Rich sells Michigan. He knows he can be the starting quarterback from Day 1 in Ann Arbor, but will he want to be with a whole new cast of characters on offense.

At least at Penn State, he can ease in to the offense.

Also at Penn State, knowing Paterno's past with decent QB's, he will want to redshirt them so they can have an extra year to help them out.

revefsreleets
01-14-2008, 09:59 AM
if they'll get pryor i'll freak... he truly is the definition of a once in 10 years kinda player... (even in basketball!) they just need a big reciever to complement him... (too bad julio jones aint budgin out of the SEC)

OSU is fast becoming a WR factory. The kids they have this year don't look as good because of the deficiency the Buckeyes have at QB more than anything.

revefsreleets
01-14-2008, 02:22 PM
Here's an interesting update:

http://freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080114/SPORTS06/80113102/1048/SPORTS&theme=UMOFF

BUCKEYE QUARTERBACK TRANSFERS: Could it impact No. 1 recruit Terrelle Pryor?
January 14, 2008

FREE PRESS STAFF AND NEWS SERVICES

Ohio State quarterback Robby Schoenhoft will transfer to Delaware, according to ESPN.

Once a competitor with Todd Boeckman for the Buckeyes' starting quarterback job, Schoenhoft moved to tight end for the national championship game.

Schoenhoft's shift from quarterback to tight end signified dual-threat quarterback Antonio Henton's rise up the depth chart. Henton, the team's No. 3 quarterback for most of the year, became the team's backup by year's end.

The move could play a role in Terrelle Pryor's recruitment. Pryor, the nation's No. 1 prospect according to Rivals.com, must choose his school by Feb. 6.

The Jeannette, Pa., native will pick between a handful of schools, most notably Michigan and Ohio State.

With Schoenhoft gone, the Buckeyes look closer to capitalizing on Ohio State coach Jim Tressel's promise to design the offense around a dual-threat quarterback, much like he did for former Heisman Trophy winner Troy Smith.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
01-14-2008, 03:54 PM
Thanks for the info Rev. I don't think this makes much of a difference in Pryor's choice though. With Henton only a freshmen and our more than likely QB for the next couple of years, Pryor will more likey go to another school. I'm just hoping it isn't scUM.

jjpro11
01-14-2008, 04:25 PM
i wish he'd go to PSU.. but with the way PSU has developed quarterbacks since kerry collins left, i really cant blame him.

lilyoder6
01-14-2008, 04:33 PM
i whope he goes to PSU as well..

revefsreleets
01-15-2008, 09:12 AM
Henton can't hold Pryor's jockstrap, and going to 3 out of the last 7 NC games has got to pique the kids interest tremendously.

On another side note, it looks like Vern Gholston is the only starting Jr. that will be leaving the Buckeyes to go pro (Little Animal announced he was staying yesterday). They will be a much improved team next year, and it would not shock me in the slightest if they get back into the NC game again for an unprecedented 3 years in a row. The schedule is favorable (PSU and Michigan are home games this year) and I see 3 major challenges for them to overcome: USC on the road in week 3, Wisconsin in Camp Randall in week 6 and the Illinois game in Champaign. The Buckeyes will only qualify for the NC if they are undefeated next year.

Man, I can already feel the hate if they make it back...I love it!

Jeremy
01-16-2008, 09:18 AM
Henton can't hold Pryor's jockstrap, and going to 3 out of the last 7 NC games has got to pique the kids interest tremendously.

On another side note, it looks like Vern Gholston is the only starting Jr. that will be leaving the Buckeyes to go pro (Little Animal announced he was staying yesterday). They will be a much improved team next year, and it would not shock me in the slightest if they get back into the NC game again for an unprecedented 3 years in a row. The schedule is favorable (PSU and Michigan are home games this year) and I see 3 major challenges for them to overcome: USC on the road in week 3, Wisconsin in Camp Randall in week 6 and the Illinois game in Champaign. The Buckeyes will only qualify for the NC if they are undefeated next year.

Man, I can already feel the hate if they make it back...I love it!

You forgot the biggest obstacle of them all....the voters. If there's any chance to keep them out of the championship game, the voters are going to make damn sure that they don't go back. You can't keep laying eggs in big bowl games and expect to be asked back again and again unless you're Notre Dame.

Dylan
01-16-2008, 02:46 PM
Originally Posted by lilyoder6

I couldnt agree more, the only reason he wouldn't would be because of Jay paterno and he probably thinks we wont run a spread offense for him. we did for Robinson.

Jeremy
01-16-2008, 02:56 PM
I couldnt agree more, the only reason he wouldn't would be because of Jay paterno and he probably thinks we wont run a spread offense for him. we did for Robinson.

No....he knows Penn State will run the spread-option for him. As a matter of fact, they'll probably run it next season for Daryll Clark.

Rumors are that Pat Devlin is openly looking for a new school.

Dylan
01-16-2008, 08:11 PM

where did u hear that?:jawdrop:

SteelCityMan786
01-16-2008, 09:15 PM
No....he knows Penn State will run the spread-option for him. As a matter of fact, they'll probably run it next season for Daryll Clark.

If that's the case, hopefully it opens the door for Pryor.

Right now Penn State has only 4 QB's on their roster. Paul Cianciollo(Redshirt Sr. most likely not to see anytime), Darryl Clark(Sr. and Expected Starter), Kevin Suhey(Sr. I still think he started his last Football game ever when he played for State College High School), and Pat Devlin(Jr.)

They need a guy like Pryor, or else run the risk of needing to sign quite a few QBs in the 2009 Recruiting Class.

Jeremy
01-16-2008, 09:29 PM
where did u hear that?:jawdrop:

It was on the Penn State scout.com board this week. I go there for laughs now and again.

lilyoder6
01-16-2008, 10:46 PM
i agree.. they need to recruit at him so hard that they shouldn't sleep until they get the committment.. the risk of putting evrything into him will be a a big reward if he goes there... many many PSU fans will be happy...

revefsreleets
01-17-2008, 09:15 AM
You forgot the biggest obstacle of them all....the voters. If there's any chance to keep them out of the championship game, the voters are going to make damn sure that they don't go back. You can't keep laying eggs in big bowl games and expect to be asked back again and again unless you're Notre Dame.

If they go undefeated they'll have enough juice from the USC (on the road) win to leave no choice. The Big Ten will rebound next year with I'm guessing 5 top 25 teams (OSU, UM, Illinois, PSU and Wisconsin) and OSU will have played the other 4, so they will have several quality wins if they run the table.

Jeremy
01-17-2008, 09:25 AM
If they go undefeated they'll have enough juice from the USC (on the road) win to leave no choice. The Big Ten will rebound next year with I'm guessing 5 top 25 teams (OSU, UM, Illinois, PSU and Wisconsin) and OSU will have played the other 4, so they will have several quality wins if they run the table.

Penn State won't be a Top 25 team next season. Hell, Pitt has a better chance of being a Top 25 team.

Penn State is about 2 years away from the wheels totally falling off.

revefsreleets
01-17-2008, 10:07 AM
You mean we disagree?

Nah! No way!

Jeremy
01-17-2008, 10:12 AM
You mean we disagree?

Nah! No way!

If OSU beats USC....they run the table because the Big Ten is a joke outside of them.

lilyoder6
01-17-2008, 10:40 AM
Penn State will be in the top 25... they might be in the 20's by the way they ended there season... but they will make it back into the top 25.. PSU can run a spread offf again.. and thats always good to run...

Jeremy
01-17-2008, 11:07 AM
Penn State will be in the top 25... they might be in the 20's by the way they ended there season... but they will make it back into the top 25.. PSU can run a spread offf again.. and thats always good to run...

You mean by blowing a huge lead to Michigan State and barely easing by a bad Texas A&M team. Yup....that blew my doors off.

revefsreleets
01-17-2008, 11:17 AM
If OSU beats USC....they run the table because the Big Ten is a joke outside of them.
Bleep.
Blop.
Bloop.

lilyoder6
01-17-2008, 01:30 PM
yes we had trouble near the end.. but with clark at qb we'll bne able to run the spread, the option game as well.. depending on how good his arm is the WR's will have a good season.. and the def is coming back with all the starters except for connor, king and maybe 1 other person...

Jeremy
01-17-2008, 05:02 PM
yes we had trouble near the end.. but with clark at qb we'll bne able to run the spread, the option game as well.. depending on how good his arm is the WR's will have a good season.. and the def is coming back with all the starters except for connor, king and maybe 1 other person...

If Clark gets to run the offense. I'm a fan of the spread option. I think it changes the whole game and gives teams like WVU an edge that they didn't have before. I just wonder how committed to the spread Paterno will really be. Will it be an on again off again thing or is this something you'll see at State in the future.

Rhee Rhee
01-17-2008, 11:07 PM

the only brightspot on ur team is gonna be sean lee...