PDA

View Full Version : Can someone explain something to me.

Jeremy
01-11-2008, 09:20 PM
Why is that Pittsburgh has to go to New England in back to back seasons? I know the game will probably be a prime time game, but why does Pittsburgh have to go there to play the game? What's wrong with the mighty Patriots coming to the Steel City?

Stillers33
01-11-2008, 09:25 PM
the nfl wants there presious little team to beat us horribly agian so sportscenter can glote and say how good they are and talk shaz or froget about everyone else includeing the steelers the most

PisnNapalm
01-11-2008, 09:27 PM
I don't care where we play them. We'll kick their asses next time.

Stillers33
01-11-2008, 09:30 PM
I don't care where we play them. We'll kick their asses next time.

gotta have hope man!:tt02:

PisnNapalm
01-11-2008, 09:31 PM
Hope, schmope... I know if we were healthy we'd have kicked their kiesters this year.

stillers4me
01-11-2008, 09:36 PM
Nothin' like whoopin' their asses on their own turf. Especially since it's alot easier for them to cheat at home and we still grind them into the ground. :wink02:

SteelCityMan786
01-11-2008, 10:26 PM
Why is that Pittsburgh has to go to New England in back to back seasons? I know the game will probably be a prime time game, but why does Pittsburgh have to go there to play the game? What's wrong with the mighty Patriots coming to the Steel City?

Last time we played an AFC East team because of placing which was in 2006, the AFC East team came here. So we have to go there the next time around.

Jeremy
01-11-2008, 10:39 PM
Last time we played an AFC East team because of placing which was in 2006, the AFC East team came here. So we have to go there the next time around.

Thank you.

Preacher
01-11-2008, 10:59 PM

Yep.

They came to Pittsburgh two years in a row, now we are going up there twice in a row. I don't know exactly why we are playing them 4 times in 4 years, but I understand going there twice after coming here twice.

X-Terminator
01-12-2008, 12:04 AM

That, and the fact that the Colts have to come here next year since we played at Indy in 2005, which is the last time we played the AFC South. They could have had us go to SD again and the Pats* come here, but if they had, we'd have played at SD the last 3 times we played them, and I don't think the league wanted to do that. In fact, the last time we played SD here was in 2003, and we absolutely hammered them.

How about this for seeing a team way too often - next season, Jacksonville will be on the schedule for the 5th straight season. You'd think they were still in our division for crying out loud! They've also won 3 of the previous 4 regular season matchups.

Rhee Rhee
01-12-2008, 02:40 AM
id rather us going to new england than us going to indy..

Galax Steeler
01-12-2008, 04:52 AM
id rather us going to new england than us going to indy..

Either one is a tough place to go play but we will take it one game at a time and hopefully whip some patriot asses.

rpv
01-12-2008, 08:32 AM

Also why do we have to play Jacksonville every yr? It seems like they are in our division!!!

Stlrs4Life
01-12-2008, 11:45 AM
Also why do we have to play Jacksonville every yr? It seems like they are in our division!!!

This season we played them because we both finished 3rd in the dision, next season we play them because we play the entire AFC South.

And why did we have to travel to KC all them years before 2006?

ZIGGY0246
01-12-2008, 04:58 PM
we will most likely play new england in pitt in 2008 beacuse the nfl usually does not all a match up to be played 2x in the same staduim but the playoffs are the exception to this rule , and why we play them 2 years in a row we both won our division's this year. you play the div winners if you win your div and the 3rd place if you finish 3rd every year in your confrence ie the AFC

Thomas Mihalich
01-12-2008, 05:52 PM
we will most likely play new england in pitt in 2008 beacuse the nfl usually does not all a match up to be played 2x in the same staduim but the playoffs are the exception to this rule , and why we play them 2 years in a row we both won our division's this year. you play the div winners if you win your div and the 3rd place if you finish 3rd every year in your confrence ie the AFC

Hopefully our guys will be healthy next year while New England's ......not so much!!!:tt02:

DP_Steeler
01-12-2008, 09:17 PM
If the Steelers want to be the best, you have to beat the best ... this year the Steelers simply did not have any consistency ... looked great in a few games, while in others we tripped over our own shoes.

Regardless of where you play NE though, you need to give your QB protection and put some heat on the opposing QB!

Preacher
01-12-2008, 09:20 PM
If the Steelers want to be the best, you have to beat the best ... this year the Steelers simply did not have any consistency ... looked great in a few games, while in others we tripped over our own shoes.

Regardless of where you play NE though, you need to give your QB protection and put some heat on the opposing QB!

True.

revefsreleets
01-14-2008, 10:46 AM
Yup, and it's not just the fact that we are usually a top AFC echelon team, but that they are as well. Better teams draw tougher schedules, so...

But it does suck. We were talking about this in another thread how the Steelers seemed to always draw the Chiefs in Arrowhead (back when the Chefs were a quality team) year after year after year.

Lord Stiller
01-14-2008, 11:02 AM
who cares

we have a tough schedule either way

we had to play at San Diego 2 years in a row and now we play them at home next season

it all evens out

stlrtruck
01-15-2008, 10:12 AM
It happens because of the schedule. A few years ago we played the scubs (bucs) back to back in Tampa which I enjoyed because not only did I get to go but the Steelers won.

It's a challenge and we should look at it that way.

SteelersHoss
01-17-2008, 08:41 PM
have you seeen the sched for next year. Wow, Tough one in my opinion.

SteelersJW
01-17-2008, 08:43 PM
Yeah, WTF. I care not. I welcome the fact that it justs gives me more of a reason to hate those Patriot bastards. We'll kick their asses next year.

Edman
01-17-2008, 09:03 PM
Fine by me.

Another chance to turn the tables on the scumbag Patriots.