PDA

View Full Version : Ben shoots Superbowl commercial for American Idol

stillers4me
01-12-2008, 11:19 PM
ummmmmm......Ben .....I saw your performance on the CMT Hank Williams special. My advice....stick with football, buddy!

http://www.bigbennews.com/

Ben Roethlisberger will be a part of the new season of "American Idol" on FOX, but he won't be giving up his day job as an NFL quarterback. Roethlisberger recently filmed a commercial for the show, and FOX will air it during the telecast of Super Bowl XII.

"It was a little crazy," said Roethlisberger. "It was fun. The people you work with usually make it fun. The director and everybody were a lot of fun."

Roethlisberger spent about eight hours on the set but didn't want to reveal too many details about the shoot.

"It ties in with football and the show, and so I will leave it at that," said Roethlisberger.

One of the scenes had Roethlisberger as a player in the locker room daydreaming about a contestant on "American Idol" while the coach of the team was delivering a pep talk.

"You never know how it's gonna end up turning out," he said. "It's a little bit of jumping around, so we'll see how they kind of tie it in together."

Roethlisberger enjoyed the experience, especially since he's a big fan of the opening episodes of the show's new season.

"I love watching the beginning part of it when people just go out and make fools of themselves," said Roethlisberger. "That's the part I watch."

If you haven't seen the photos from the Super Bowl commercial shoot, click here.

Rhee Rhee
01-13-2008, 04:20 AM
maybe ben will go out with jessica simpson next!

Galax Steeler
01-13-2008, 08:30 AM

Just as long as he don't bring her to one of his games we all know what that means.

TackleMeBen
01-13-2008, 11:18 AM

i think she is a little to dumb for him..:flap:

19ward86
01-13-2008, 01:00 PM
a body like hers,brains are definitaly overshadowed. i would like to see ben marry a billionair so he signs with the steelers for a small, long term contract to save the steelers money and still be with us. haha, what a dream.

Elvis
01-13-2008, 04:30 PM
i think she is a little to dumb for him..:flap:
:toofunny: Now thats sum funny $H!T right there......
I cant wait to see the comercial myself.

TackleMeBen
01-14-2008, 12:23 PM
:toofunny: Now thats sum funny $H!T right there......
I cant wait to see the comercial myself.
:flap::flap: clark gable he is not... :sofunny:

fansince'76
01-17-2008, 08:48 AM
To me, it would be more "fun" if Ben were actually playing on SB Sunday. I will be watching only in hopes of the "Greatest Team Ever" getting knocked off by the NFC representative. IOW, I'll probably be tuning in in vain.

Edman
01-17-2008, 08:53 AM
Can't argue with 76.

Things would be a bit more interesting and fun if he was playing this weekend.

Jeremy
01-17-2008, 08:58 AM
He can't find something better to lend his name and face to? This is really disappointing.

HometownGal
01-17-2008, 09:02 AM
Geez guys - don't shoot the messenger. :couch: It's the offseason for us (as much as we don't prefer it) and I was looking for Steelers-related articles and happened upon this one.

Counselor
01-17-2008, 09:19 AM
I'm looking forward to it----Thanks for the heads up HTG. It can't be any worse that the Manning Bros. "DSRL" Oreo commericals

TackleMeBen
01-17-2008, 09:21 AM
He can't find something better to lend his name and face to? This is really disappointing.
:iagree: but look at the bright side.. at least he is doing a commerical and not riding a motorcycle. :flap:

Jeremy
01-17-2008, 09:23 AM
:iagree: but look at the bright side.. at least he is doing a commerical and not riding a motorcycle. :flap:

I'd rather him ride a motorized unicycle. American Idol is garbage.

TackleMeBen
01-17-2008, 09:25 AM
I'd rather him ride a motorized unicycle. American Idol is garbage.

lol..:sofunny:well if this is the best commerical his agent could get him... then the steelers probably can get him really cheap now with the new contract..lol...

TackleMeBen
01-17-2008, 12:08 PM
here are some pics from the commerical
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u251/beautifulgirl427/normal_americanidol4.jpg

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u251/beautifulgirl427/normal_americanidol.jpg

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u251/beautifulgirl427/americanidol2.jpg

SMR
01-20-2008, 08:05 PM
Say, who is the blonde with him in the locker room?

SMR
01-20-2008, 08:12 PM
I will be sure to record some Super Bowl commercials especially Big Ben. Look forward to that more than this year's Super Bowl lol.

PAMillerGrrl83
01-20-2008, 10:21 PM
The blonde looks like shes about 40 or 50.

83-Steelers-43
01-21-2008, 09:09 AM
"It ties in with football and the show, and so I will leave it at that,"

Oh please, don't leave me in such anticipation Ben.....:rolleyes:

SMR
01-21-2008, 07:15 PM
The blonde looks like shes about 40 or 50.

Perhaps Ben likes 'em older, you know, like MIL.....er....ahem never mind.

TackleMeBen
01-21-2008, 11:30 PM
Say, who is the blonde with him in the locker room?

if i am not mistaking i think its the director of commerical..

BlackAndGold4Ever
01-24-2008, 07:59 PM
Its to bad that thats the only time we're gonna get to see a Steeler in the Superbowl this year :crying02:. Oh well we'll get em next year, as long as we could fix the special teams and the O-line

redzone79
01-24-2008, 09:23 PM
hmmm, i've never seen the commercial. WE DEFINITELY NEED TO FIX THE OLINE, BEN NEEDS PROTECTED! That is true though, that is the only way we will see an Steelers in the SB!

Its to bad that thats the only time we're gonna get to see a Steeler in the Superbowl this year :crying02:. Oh well we'll get em next year, as long as we could fix the special teams and the O-line

SMR
01-24-2008, 10:58 PM
hmmm, i've never seen the commercial. WE DEFINITELY NEED TO FIX THE OLINE, BEN NEEDS PROTECTED! That is true though, that is the only way we will see an Steelers in the SB!

You've never seen the commercial as do the rest of us since it hasn't even aired yet, lol. It is supposed to air during Super Bowl night. Keep yer eyes peeled! :chicken:

sherlock
01-25-2008, 02:10 AM
I have to say I don`t really like it when sportsman do commercials,I just wish they`d stick to their own field of expertise.
For me it somehow cheapens their hero status.
American Idol and shows of that ilk turns music into an embarassing karaoke with zero creative integrity.
Sorry Ben,ditch the dumb-ass commercials,have your off-season brake and then start to practice and improve your sporting talent .

19ward86
02-03-2008, 04:21 PM
omg, that was funny, just seen it on fox. ben can not sing at all.

OneForTheToe
02-03-2008, 04:28 PM
That was pretty funny. Although Ben will never probably be the media darling Manning is - which is fine with me.

Big7BenHOF
02-03-2008, 04:46 PM
Shit, it already happened?

Will they show it again during the actual broadcast?

SteelersMongol
02-04-2008, 09:04 AM

Agreed. He's bad. But not as bad as I. :wink02:

alittlejazzbird
02-04-2008, 03:52 PM
Though I despise that show and everything it stands for (please don't EVEN get me started on that!!), it was a cute commercial, and I thought his "acting" in terms of facial expression, was really very good. He came across with a lot of personality and charm, unlike his 2004 fellow draft-classmate, young Manning, who is obviously a good guy but as bland as they come.

Vocally speaking, this is my professional opinion - yikes. Love ya, Ben, but don't give up the day gig. :wink02:

LambertIsGod58
02-04-2008, 06:14 PM
Even though I'm not much of a Ben fan, he did a great job with that commercial. It was pretty funny.

stillers4me
02-04-2008, 06:33 PM
You can see it here.........click on Fox/NFL promos

http://www.myspace.com/superbowlads#

steelpride12
02-04-2008, 10:29 PM
Thats great to see a familiar face doing a hilarious TV commercial, but i feel all im going to here is people making of the stillers for their QB making a less impressive solo for american idol!

steelergirl07
02-05-2008, 03:11 PM
I like seeing football players making fun of themselves, and having fun. It was a lot better than Ocho Cincos commercial. I thougt Bens commercial was cute.

Rhee Rhee
02-06-2008, 01:09 AM
lol it was aite... wasn't great wasn't special but he's definitely an OK singer..