PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Should Try ...

Elvis
01-13-2008, 11:01 AM
I think that this young man should be the Steelers Number 1 pick in the upcoming draft. I think that Steelers should try to get this guy... he could be our Next Bus with better speed. He is big and powerful.
Now, I know we need OLineman probably more than Stewart, but man .... would he not look good powering us back to the Super Bowl?
This is just my opinion... and I know that everyone has one.. so lets hear yours..

Courtesy: GoDucks.com
http://www.goducks.com

#28 Jonathan Stewart
Position: Running Back
Height: 5-11
Weight: 230
Year: Junior
High School/Other College: Timberline HS

The Duke
01-13-2008, 12:39 PM
he could be our Next Bus

imo there is no next Bus

I know some folks are still not convinced with willie, but I am, so I don't think we need a runningback in the first round

but this guy seems good, the team that gets him has an all around runningback ready to play

I think the giants will get him, they have a backfield full of backs but none seems convincing enough

Rhee Rhee
01-13-2008, 05:09 PM
imo there is no next Bus
I think the giants will get him, they have a backfield full of backs but none seems convincing enough

uk what they say.. quality not quantity...

i see him going top 15 of the draft... if we get him it will truly be a miracle..

Preacher
01-13-2008, 05:22 PM
:rolleyes:

Great. Another Willie sucks thread. At least this one is cleverly disguised. Do you really thing Jerome in his prime would have had more yards this year with that line?

I loved the Bus. But Steelers fans have to realize that RB greatness is not measured by a scale.

steelers2685
01-13-2008, 10:10 PM
After #44's performance tonight for the Giants, I now can see their clearcut demolition duo between this guy and along with Jacobs.

Elvis
01-14-2008, 07:11 AM
:rolleyes:

Great. Another Willie sucks thread. At least this one is cleverly disguised. Do you really thing Jerome in his prime would have had more yards this year with that line?

I loved the Bus. But Steelers fans have to realize that RB greatness is not measured by a scale.
:coffee:No... I Think Your Wrong Preacher...
I am not hating Willie at all, I just think that we also need a power back to give him the rest late in the games and give us a great power back for the goal line situation. If anyone has paid attention to Willie's running with his head down into the pile, then you know that he could have had a whole lot more yards this season. Bettis has said it time and time again that he needs to be more patient and keep his head up while he is running inside.

Rhee Rhee
01-15-2008, 09:30 PM
i think we should focus on a tough H-back kinda guy... a bigger brian leonard type of player will help... (someone who can do a little of everything...) im thinkin of jacob hester (a little small) or owen schmidt... FYI did u guys know he's somnehow related to terry bradshaw? idk i find that interestin... also brian mcanderson from kansas... although he might even be too big...

revefsreleets
01-15-2008, 09:48 PM
I'm rapidly losing patience with you, "Elvis". WHY do you insist on posting everything in bold italics and bigger text than everyone else's posts? I'm reaching a boiling point, and my lid is going to blow soon. I can handle your belief in fairy tales, and I can handle your ignorance, and I can handle your attention ***** deficit and I can handle your horrible preaching but I can't handle the culmination of it all.

Dylan
01-16-2008, 02:50 PM
Slaton should be the RB they pick if they get one. we could get him in the 2nd

Dylan
01-16-2008, 02:51 PM
Dpesn't Texas A&M have a back much similar to JB?

Jeremy
01-16-2008, 02:53 PM
Things needed before a running back.

1. At least two new offensive lineman.

2. A true shut down corner.

3. A possible replacement/protege for Ward.

4. A DT or DT/DE combo.

MasterOfPuppets
01-16-2008, 02:58 PM
Dpesn't Texas A&M have a back much similar to JB?
Jorvorskie Lane: 6-0. / 268.lbs.....he's a fullback, and i think he's returning to school

Jeremy
01-16-2008, 03:07 PM
Jorvorskie Lane: 6-0. / 268.lbs.....he's a fullback, and i think he's returning to school

Lane had a major league meltdown in the Alamo Bowl. He threw a total fit when he wasn't in the game on a short yardage situation late. Threw his helmet and went to bench and cried.

MasterOfPuppets
01-16-2008, 03:25 PM
Lane had a major league meltdown in the Alamo Bowl. He threw a total fit when he wasn't in the game on a short yardage situation late. Threw his helmet and went to bench and cried.hell, i do that at work all the time...:toofunny:
roid rage ?

Jeremy
01-16-2008, 03:44 PM
hell, i do that at work all the time...:toofunny:
roid rage ?

More like Krispy Kreme Rage. Lane is a fat son of a bitch who doesn't have the wind to play in the NFL right now. He'd be a side show until a S&C coach got ahold of him for about six months.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
01-16-2008, 04:38 PM
More like Krispy Kreme Rage. Lane is a fat son of a bitch who doesn't have the wind to play in the NFL right now. He'd be a side show until a S&C coach got ahold of him for about six months.

I've seen Lane and I agree he looks more like a guard than a fullback.

Preacher
01-16-2008, 06:09 PM
:coffee:No... I Think Your Wrong Preacher...
I am not hating Willie at all, I just think that we also need a power back to give him the rest late in the games and give us a great power back for the goal line situation. If anyone has paid attention to Willie's running with his head down into the pile, then you know that he could have had a whole lot more yards this season. Bettis has said it time and time again that he needs to be more patient and keep his head up while he is running inside.

I agree that we need a change of pace back. However, this isn't the year to pick him up, unless he falls to us WAY late... Rounds 4-6.

Under the premise above... I agree... we need both, and would love to have a bigger back, to back up Willie.

Elvis
01-17-2008, 06:16 AM
I'm rapidly losing patience with you, "Elvis". WHY do you insist on posting everything in bold italics and bigger text than everyone else's posts? I'm reaching a boiling point, and my lid is going to blow soon. I can handle your belief in fairy tales, and I can handle your ignorance, and I can handle your attention ***** deficit and I can handle your horrible preaching but I can't handle the culmination of it all.
:banana:

revefsreleets
01-17-2008, 08:48 AM
Serenity now. Welcome to my ignore list. My list is long:

1. Elvis

lilyoder6
01-17-2008, 10:45 AM
yes lane might be a good short yardage person but after one play he is tired and goes to the bench and eats a twinke... if he wants to play in the nfl he better A: get some stamina and be able to play longer than 1 play or B: lose about 40-50 pounds....

Rhee Rhee
01-17-2008, 10:45 PM
lets wait a year or two and get PJ Hill from wisconsin... he's a pure downhill runner and reminds me a bit of a more physical and more in shape lendale white...

jasonhightower
01-20-2008, 04:32 PM
If for some reason they decide to RB in the first round looks like it comes down to Stewart (Oregon) or Jones (Arkansas). Most mock drafts have them grabbing an OT.

Rhee Rhee
01-21-2008, 04:37 AM
If for some reason they decide to RB in the first round looks like it comes down to Stewart (Oregon) or Jones (Arkansas). Most mock drafts have them grabbing an OT.

i would never EVER want felix jones... so he can return kicks big whoop... he's small and doesnt even have speed...

MasterOfPuppets
01-21-2008, 06:39 PM
i would never EVER want felix jones... so he can return kicks big whoop... he's small and doesnt even have speed...you've got to be kidding.....
mcfadden 6-2....205lbs .....4.43 / 40
jones 6-0....200lbs......4.36 / 40

jones is FASTER than mcfadden, and with his height to weight ratio, is bigger than mcfadden !!! his 4.36 in the 40 is like 3rd fastes of all the backs coming out this year !

Rhee Rhee
01-22-2008, 02:46 AM
you've got to be kidding.....

jones is FASTER than mcfadden, and with his height to weight ratio, is bigger than mcfadden !!! his 4.36 in the 40 is like 3rd fastes of all the backs coming out this year !

LOL i got poned...

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-22-2008, 04:37 AM
I agree that we need a change of pace back. However, this isn't the year to pick him up, unless he falls to us WAY late... Rounds 4-6.

Under the premise above... I agree... we need both, and would love to have a bigger back, to back up Willie.
I agree Preacher....Here is a list of big backs...some will project as FB in the pros. Check out Matt Forte in the 3-4 round and Jerome Felton in the 5th round.

Jonathan Stewart, Oregon
Height: 5-11. Weight: 230.
40 Time: 4.49.
Projected Round: Top 15 Pick.
Jonathan Stewart has declared for the 2008 NFL Draft.
Stewart carried the ball just 15 times at Michigan, but he gained 113 yards and a touchdown in the process. His Jerome Bettis style of running could entice the Steelers or Falcons to draft him early.
Currently the best big back projected to go in the 2008 Draft. Rushed for 981 yards and 10 touchdowns in 2006. Stewart became a bigger threat in the passing game last year, increasing his receptions from seven to 20.

Rashard Mendenhall, Illinois
Height: 5-11. Weight: 224.
40 Time: 4.43.
Projected Round: Top 20 Pick.
Rashard Mendenhall has declared for the 2008 NFL Draft.
Lots of potential here. Mendenhall, who has both size and power (see his attributes), averaged 6.2 per carry in 2007. He had 19 TD's and showed good hands by catching 34 passes.

Matt Forte, Tulane
Height: 6-1. Weight: 224.
40 Time: 4.50.
Projected Round: 3-4.
Recorded four consecutive 100-yard rushing performances in 2006 before missing the final three games of the season with a knee injury. Came back in 2007 to record 23 TD's. Career average of 5.1 yards a carry.

Jehuu Caulcrick, Michigan State
Height: 6-0. Weight: 255.
40 Time: 4.65.
Projected Round: 4.
Should be a great short-yardage back in the NFL. As of Nov. 16, Jehuu Caulcrick had 21 rushing touchdowns on the 2007 season. He can catch the ball as well (15 receptions in 2006).

Jacob Hester, LSU
Height: 6-0. Weight: 228.
40 Time: 4.55.
Projected Round: 4-5.
Decent blocker and ball-carrier. Scored 11 touchdowns in 2007, earning a spot on the All-SEC Second Team.

Jerome Felton, Furman
Height: 6-0. Weight: 247.
40 Time: 4.62.
Projected Round: 5.
Ran for 707 rushing yards and 23 touchdowns in 2006, and wasn't even the leading ball-carrier on the team! Jerome Felton is a touchdown machine; he scored 67 times as a Paladin. Averaged 4.6 yards per carry.

Lance Ball, Maryland
Height: 5-9. Weight: 225.
40 Time: 4.42.
Projected Round: 6-7.
Certainly has the size and speed to make it in the NFL. Ball, who splits carries with Keon Lattimore, led the team in rushing with 815 yards and 8 TDs in 2006.

Kregg Lumpkin, Georgia
Height: 6-1. Weight: 222.
40 Time: 4.53.
Projected Round: 7.
Kregg Lumpkin doesn't have break-away speed, but he can run over people. Managed to rumble for more than 100 yards against Auburn, taking advantage of Thomas Brown's injury.

BenJarvus Green-Ellis , Ole Miss
Height: 5-11. Weight: 225.
40 Time: 4.48.
Extremely inconsistent, prospering one week and disappearing the next. Decent 40 time for his size.

Keon Lattimore, Maryland
Height: 5-11. Weight: 223.
40 Time: 4.52.
13 TD's in 2007. In 2007, Ray Lewis' little brother eclipsed the 100-yard barrier four times. Suffered a back injury in April. Sharee carries with Lance Ball once again. Caught 20 passes.

Chauncey Washington, USC
Height: 6-1. Weight: 220.
40 Time: 4.60.
Projected Round: FA.
Needs to rebound with a strong senior season. Injured his knee last year and has academic problems.

Austin Scott, Penn State
Height: 6-0. Weight: 222.
40 Time: 4.52.
Austin Scott finally got going, although it was against a Notre Dame defensive front that surrendered 33 points to Georgia Tech and 31 to Penn State. Scott rushed for 116 yards and two touchdowns on 28 carries.
Had multiple chances to win the starting running back job prior to this season, but failed to do so. Very questionable work ethic. Coming off a knee injury, this is his only year to prove himself before the draft.

Lynell Hamilton, San Diego State
Height: 6-1. Weight: 220.
40 Time: 4.43.
Look at his size and 40. Why's Hamilton ranked so low? Major knee problems. He has seen his yardage decrease from 1,087 as a freshman, to 819 as a sophomore to just 145 last year.

19ward86
01-22-2008, 03:10 PM
i know he is mentioned everywhere but kevin smith is the guy i am excited to see in the NFL. he is a normal type back at which he is average height, weight, speed,hands, but has the skill that only certain people get. those people are the reggie bush's, ladanian tomlinsons, barry sanders.

revefsreleets
01-22-2008, 06:23 PM
I really enjoyed watching Smith run. He reminds of Alexander, in that he runs with a great combination of vision, speed, power and balance. He's going to be a good one at the next level.

Elvis
01-22-2008, 08:36 PM
As much as I like Stewart, I really dont think that he will be there at 23rd when the Steelers are on the clock and I dont see us trading up into the top 20 to get him. Now, an offensive tackle like Gosder Cherilus at 6'7" 315 lbs from Boston College, I wouldnt mind seeing this guy in black n gold next year. And maybe even the big OG Roy Schuening at 6' 4" 318 lbs. from Oregon St. This guy has looked very good against the likes of Ellis and co. in the first 2 days of practice for the senior bowl on saturday afternoon. These are both very big holes that the Steelers need to fill.l.
:helmet:

lilyoder6
01-22-2008, 10:04 PM
cherilus would be nice with his size and strength

MDSteel15
01-22-2008, 10:49 PM
you've got to be kidding.....

Height to weight ratio, Willie is bigger and faster than both of them! :chicken:
5'10" 210lbs......

Rhee Rhee
01-23-2008, 04:17 AM
cherilus would be nice with his size and strength

and i think he has the largest hands of all the draft prospects... not just o-linemen...

it was measured yesterday at the senior bowl...

uk what they say...

big hands = big ......... gloves :wink02: