PDA

View Full Version : My 2008 Draft

gobig99
01-13-2008, 12:38 PM
Just for fun here are some of my thoughts

Round 1: Any of the OT's that are projected for the 1st Round
(After losing Faneca and Starks)...I would move Willie Colon to Guard. Simmons would move to Center since Mahan was a real dissapointment. Kemoeatu would start are the other guard position. Smith would obvisouly start at left tackle and then I would let the Rookie start at Right Tackle.
Ben should be so ticked off with the Oline play that he should have a clause in his future contract to pay him another million or something if he gets sacked 45+ times again. Maybe that will give the front office some incentive to get the online to par since it is one of the only things holding us back.

Round 2: Not sure what to pick here. Maybe Terrel Thomas (USC CB,S,Kick Returner) He is very versatile, big, and a real leader, which we could use)

Round 3: Matt Forte (Tulane RB) bruiser back to complement Fast Willie

Round 4 and Round 5: Johnny Dingle (West Virginia) Everytime I watched this kid I was more impressed. Seemed to have his name called every play.
Or Owen Schmidt (West Virginia FB) or Peyton Hillis (Arkansas FB)...I do not think Carry Davis is the answer at FB, Krieder might retire, and a tightend in the backfield is not the same as a blocking FB) Willie needs help back there

Round 6: Kendall Langford (Hampton DE/DT) Can get to the QB, stop the run, and looks good for a 3-4 defense) Might not last to the 6th round.

Round 7: Amarri Jackson (USF WR) 6'5" 195bs and has good speed for his size. This pick could be used for anything.

MasterOfPuppets
01-13-2008, 12:55 PM
we don't have a 6th rd pick...( rossum)

lilyoder6
01-13-2008, 12:59 PM
a lot of time when u heard dingle he was sitting on the bench by berry... and evrytime the commentators made fun of there two names put together

Rhee Rhee
01-13-2008, 04:17 PM
kendall langford will be long gone by the sixth... amarii will be gone by the seventh... great second day picks its just that none of them will last...

what are we supposed to do with mahan??? he should start at the other guard position instead of kemoeatu... otherwise he'll probably be the most expensive backup ever...

Dylan
01-15-2008, 04:51 PM
I would call that a so, so draft. If u wouldn't of game them a sixth round pick it wouldve been better. your observations though are good.

19ward86
01-20-2008, 08:45 PM
i would like to see the us draft kevin smith from central florida, i do like the fullback from westvirginia, reminds me of mike alstott. and the reciever from USF wouldnt be a bad pick but i would like to see maybe a qb or a OL.

Rhee Rhee
01-21-2008, 03:22 AM
i would like to see the us draft kevin smith from central florida, i do like the fullback from westvirginia, reminds me of mike alstott. and the reciever from USF wouldnt be a bad pick but i would like to see maybe a qb or a OL.

i agree with the QB wish...

i remember we drafted omar jacobs like two years ago... too bad he never panned out.. if dixon chooses to play football i would love to see him in a steeler jersey...