PDA

View Full Version : Phillip Rivers...

CASTEEL
01-13-2008, 05:19 PM
THANK GOD the Steelers got Ben instead of that little punk. I couldn't believe it when they showed him up next to the stands trash talking a fan at the end of that Colts game.

Way to win with class you freakin' moron!

I know that those guys all get hounded the entire game, but as the leader of the football team, you gotta show more class than that .... that kid is a complete embarrassment to the position of QB - and I am so very thankful that we have Ben.

PisnNapalm
01-13-2008, 05:28 PM
I saw the exact opposite.... I know he and the rest of the Chargers were taking a ton of verbal abuse. The away team always does.

I saw Rivers give a bit of it back to the obnoxious fans. I'm cool with that. They certainly earned the right to crow a bit after beating the Colts.

Rivers is a long long way from being an "embarrassment"

As for having Ben instead of Philip. Me too. Ben's my QB.

HometownGal
01-13-2008, 05:43 PM
THANK GOD the Steelers got Ben instead of that little punk. I couldn't believe it when they showed him up next to the stands trash talking a fan at the end of that Colts game.

Way to win with class you freakin' moron!

I know that those guys all get hounded the entire game, but as the leader of the football team, you gotta show more class than that .... that kid is a complete embarrassment to the position of QB - and I am so very thankful that we have Ben.

Before these guys are pro-athletes, they are human beings. I don't have a problem with what Rivers did, but I'm content as a clam having Big Ben as our star QB! :thumbsup:

Rivers didn't win that game for the Bolts - Billy Freakin Volek did - LOL!

CASTEEL
01-13-2008, 05:44 PM
I saw the exact opposite.... I know he and the rest of the Chargers were taking a ton of verbal abuse. The away team always does.

I saw Rivers give a bit of it back to the obnoxious fans. I'm cool with that. They certainly earned the right to crow a bit after beating the Colts.

Rivers is a long long way from being an "embarrassment"

As for having Ben instead of Philip. Me too. Ben's my QB.

Running up to the stands to talk trash (or give it back, if you prefer - same difference) does not seem to me to be the act of a leader - it seems like the act of a child - ...... a high school QB job...

and I stick with my assessment - with that, and seeing him in Denver acting a fool - he's an embarrassment...

....but that's just my tuppence.... :smile:

touchdownward
01-13-2008, 05:45 PM
This was planned. I found footage of Rivers practicing his trash talk dance in his basement. :chuckle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHFVjLiUIJ0

CASTEEL
01-13-2008, 05:47 PM
This was planned. I found footage of Rivers practicing his trash talk dance in his basement. :chuckle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHFVjLiUIJ0

LOL .... that was funny.....

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
01-13-2008, 06:32 PM
Running up to the stands to talk trash (or give it back, if you prefer - same difference) does not seem to me to be the act of a leader - it seems like the act of a child - ...... a high school QB job...

and I stick with my assessment - with that, and seeing him in Denver acting a fool - he's an embarrassment...

yeah he acted very ryan leaf-ish :toofunny:

Atlanta Dan
01-13-2008, 07:03 PM
Before these guys are pro-athletes, they are human beings. I don't have a problem with what Rivers did, but I'm content as a clam having Big Ben as our star QB! :thumbsup:

Rivers didn't win that game for the Bolts - Billy Freakin Volek did - LOL!

HTG - I agree players taunt the stands (I recall shots of Farrior waving bye-bye to the crowd and Porter yelling "cheat this" in Indy 2 years ago (although Jerome's subsequent fumble was nearly karmic payback for that))

However, Rivers played the punk in the Denver game taunting players 3 weeks ago & QBs simply do not do it- can you imagine Favre, Peyton, Brady or Ben doing that nonsense?

Rivers is a fool

PisnNapalm
01-13-2008, 07:14 PM
HTG - I agree players taunt the stands (I recall shots of Farrior waving bye-bye to the crowd and Porter yelling "cheat this" in Indy 2 years ago (although Jerome's subsequent fumble was nearly karmic payback for that))

However, Rivers played the punk in the Denver game taunting players 3 weeks ago & QBs simply do not do it- can you imagine Favre, Peyton, Brady or Ben doing that nonsense?

Rivers is a fool

People... I really think you're making too big a deal out of this. We have no idea what was said between Rivers and the fans. It might have just been some light smacktalk. I seriously doubt he told them to F*** off or anything that bad.

Who cares?

fansince'76
01-13-2008, 07:19 PM
People... I really think you're making too big a deal out of this. We have no idea what was said between Rivers and the fans. It might have just been some light smacktalk. I seriously doubt he told them to F*** off or anything that bad.

Who cares?

I don't - it wasn't our QB that did it. I have a feeling Rivers is going to be talking out of the other side of his face after next Sunday when his team gets a mudhole stomped in it in Foxboro anyway.

msafford
01-13-2008, 07:50 PM

:iagree:

MasterOfPuppets
01-13-2008, 07:56 PM
i got no problem with returning fire,,,,,:hunch:

Steelman16
01-13-2008, 08:20 PM

Who cares?

Well, the Colts fan told him to F off, lol :toofunny: Gave him the ol' middle finger...

I can't stand Rivers. He's an idiot.

Michael Keller
01-13-2008, 08:25 PM
Rivers looks like Opie Taylor and acts like Barnie Fife. He makes rooting against New England a bit more difficult for me.

steelers2685
01-13-2008, 09:06 PM
It wouldn't bother me if this was the first time. But it's every game, even screaming at his own fans. I'm sorry, but when you have LT on your team, who is one of the MOST deserving players in my time to earn a Super Bowl appearance, and you act how you do completely in spite of the demeanor he carries on the field, you need a good fine and beat down by your teammates in practice during the week for acting like that.

If he lets his emotions get to him like that next week, it'll have the same collapsing effect on his O that Smith's comments did on our D (even though the media blew them out of proportion).

PAMillerGrrl83
01-13-2008, 10:52 PM
RIvers acted like a total douche bag the whole entire game...the lil prick reminds me too much of Tom Brady.

Rhee Rhee
01-14-2008, 01:00 AM
i hate rivvers...immature little boy... karma will bite him in the a** once he plays the cheattriots... i hate the pats... but my hate for rivers burns like the heat of 1000 suns... i hope he fails miserable and goes intoo the history books as ryan leaf 2.0

jjpro11
01-14-2008, 03:23 AM
he needs to grow up... theres still time for him to realize what an ass he makes out of himself. but he's been in the league for 4 years now and its looking more and more like he's just an ass rather than immature.

Chronicgaming
01-14-2008, 07:49 AM
I have to agree with all the negative comments about Rivers on this thread... It seems like every time I watch a Chargers game, he's crying or whining about something... Kind of like a spoiled punk.

We've definitely lucked out having Ben as our QB. :helmet:

silver & black
01-14-2008, 09:02 PM
Phyllis Rivers... the most classless, whiny little bitch I have ever seen on a football field.

Counselor
01-15-2008, 09:25 AM
Phyllis Rivers... the most classless, whiny little bitch I have ever seen on a football field.

:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

It's funny because its true! I'm shocked to hear myself say it, but I'd rather have Eli on my team that that bum Rivers.

rbryan
01-15-2008, 09:37 AM
I never liked Rivers either, very overated and I'm not so sure Volek isn't just as good. Bit I'd wear his jersey till next July and name my next son after him if they beat the freakin cheaters.

Last week was the first time in my life I was pulling for a team that knocked the Stillers out of the playoffs. Serious times require serious measures. lol

Rhee Rhee
01-18-2008, 03:48 AM
Last week was the first time in my life I was pulling for a team that knocked the Stillers out of the playoffs. Serious times require serious measures. lol

im gonna hold u to it... :sofunny: