PDA

View Full Version : The bengals are really starting to pi$$ me off..

BlitzburghRockCity
10-24-2005, 02:47 AM
You know, out of all the teams in the AFCN over the years, and as much as I hate them all...I really never voiced it as much w/ the bengals.. I mean every year they sucked, no matter what coach or players they drafted; they were never a threat...so I was always like, eh, the bengals, no biggie so what..

But ya know, They're really starting to piss me off here of late. I know ur excited about winning and being contenders (atleast in ur own mind), about the future and ur fine coach in Marv Lewis, etc.

But comon, 5-1, didnt beat any playoff caliber team..you got your ass HANDED to you on a silver platter...your defensive line and LB's were blown completely off the ball all day long since the end of the first quarter, you big time RB couldnt do anything after his big first quarter or so, we shut down ur main weapon at WR, we sacked you, picked you off, and basically made your day miserable and brought you back down to earth from cloud 9 that you've been on all year..

And yet you have the audacity, to make a ridiculous comment on national TV, but more than 1 of your players that you actually think you are a better team !! The teams you beat dont hold a candle to the steelers, pats or any other play off caliber team and yet you make a statement like that !!!

Comon !!! :chair:

btw, Im not directing this to our bengal fan friends here on SF by any means..its a rant directed to players who cant admit that they got beat soundly by a team that they considered to be the measuring stick heading into this game.

As if we needed any bulletin board material for next time....

ironcitychef
10-24-2005, 11:58 AM
Yeah we said the same thing when we first lost to the Pats. But at least we make it close against them.

SteelrsRck
10-24-2005, 12:12 PM
Thats the way its been in our Division as far back as i can remember (Not just the Bungals) Browns,Ravens,Oilers etc etc.....never getting the recognition we deserve.I think Mcnair admited it one time back in the day.

They are so used to the steelers being in first place all the time that once a team exceeds us record wise and they are on top of the division momentarily they all of a sudden grow egos worse than Donald trump and "Your Fired" BS

Come Week 9 or 10 all the egos are squashed cause once again We get our title

tony hipchest
10-24-2005, 03:03 PM
they think too much:

"I thought we'd win, no problem," said Bengals receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh. "It didn't happen. We learned a lot."

Palmer announced: "I don't think they're that much better of a team than us. Right now, I think we're the better team. We just didn't play well enough to win."

Chad Johnson said "Let me stop playing; Ike Taylor is very good. I came into the game thinking it would be very easy, to tell you the truth.
__________________________________________________ ______________

over confident and cocky. looks like they just thought they had to show up and a 5-1 record would carry them through the game. this is where their lack of experience can hurt them, especially in the playoffs. you think the patriots or the colts would take a game against the steelers lightly? hell no. lets hope the bengals bring this same attitude to heinz field later on this season. and lets hope they keep over looking opponents along the way and their reign on top will be short lived.

clevestinks
10-24-2005, 04:26 PM
Number one reason! We are better. Bottom line. Wait til we are healthy!

BlitzburghRockCity
10-24-2005, 04:27 PM
good to have you back cleve !!!

CantStop85
10-24-2005, 10:14 PM
Seriously, can we get over the players thinking that they're a better team than the other team? What do you expect a player to say? "No, Pittsburgh's definitely the better team. I knew we never had a shot"?

Players should go into every game thinking that they're capable of winning it. Therefore, most players aren't going to admit that another team is superior to theirs. If they believed that, then what would be the point in even trying? "Once you're beat mentally, you might as well not even step foot onto the field."

Koopa
10-24-2005, 10:25 PM
well those are good points cantstop85. so lets just forget about the bengals for now and move on to the ratbirds. we can deal with bengals later.

Iron City Hangover
10-24-2005, 11:12 PM
well those are good points cantstop85. so lets just forget about the bengals for now and move on to the ratbirds. we can deal with bengals later.
That'll be a classic. Ravens and Steelers. The rest of the nation will be in bed by 9:02 PM EST.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-25-2005, 12:30 AM
Seriously, can we get over the players thinking that they're a better team than the other team? What do you expect a player to say? "No, Pittsburgh's definitely the better team. I knew we never had a shot"?

Players should go into every game thinking that they're capable of winning it. Therefore, most players aren't going to admit that another team is superior to theirs. If they believed that, then what would be the point in even trying? "Once you're beat mentally, you might as well not even step foot onto the field."

You make good points and for that you get rep points..but what I fail to see is the admitting that they got beat by the better team. It was all, I didnt play well enough, we shoulda won that game, we coulda won that game :blah:

He didnt play well enough because he was under pressure all day, turning the ball over, no running game after the 1st quarter and our offense ran the ball at will all day.

The bengals are up and coming, there is NO doubt about it..but just admit when you have been beat and dont make up reasons making it seem like anything otherwise is all

:smile:

CantStop85
10-25-2005, 06:38 PM
You make good points and for that you get rep points..but what I fail to see is the admitting that they got beat by the better team. It was all, I didnt play well enough, we shoulda won that game, we coulda won that game :blah:

He didnt play well enough because he was under pressure all day, turning the ball over, no running game after the 1st quarter and our offense ran the ball at will all day.

The bengals are up and coming, there is NO doubt about it..but just admit when you have been beat and dont make up reasons making it seem like anything otherwise is all

:smile:
Anyone see T.J. Houshmandzadeh on Jim Rome today? I think he summed it up well by saying he thought that the Bengals were the better team but just not on that day. Any given Sunday...any team can win if they're prepared for the game.

The Bengals just aren't very technically sound. They can drive up and down the field all day long, but sometimes they can't capitalize and do the little things it takes in order to win games against better opponents. The talent's there, but a lot more experience is needed. I believe as the season goes on, the Bengals will only get better as a team, as they have the past couple of years. I expect the next Steelers-Bengals game to be one hell of a match-up.

clevestinks
10-25-2005, 06:47 PM
[QUOTE=CantStop85]Anyone see T.J. Houshmandzadeh on Jim Rome today? I think he summed it up well by saying he thought that the Bengals were the better team but just not on that day. Any given Sunday...any team can win if they're prepared for the game.

I guess your as dumb as T.J., evryone esle on T.V. including Jim Rome yesterday, all seem to beleive that the Bungles will never stop our running game. ESPN,NFL Network, all the networks , with thier UNBIASED opinion seem to think you got spanked. Cut the bullshit, gives us our props for the win, and crawl back in your hole. You sound more pathetic than ever. The next meeting in our house, may just be a good one. But for now MAN UP, and admit you were beat.

CantStop85
10-25-2005, 08:16 PM
Anyone see T.J. Houshmandzadeh on Jim Rome today? I think he summed it up well by saying he thought that the Bengals were the better team but just not on that day. Any given Sunday...any team can win if they're prepared for the game.

I guess your as dumb as T.J., evryone esle on T.V. including Jim Rome yesterday, all seem to beleive that the Bungles will never stop our running game. ESPN,NFL Network, all the networks , with thier UNBIASED opinion seem to think you got spanked. Cut the bullshit, gives us our props for the win, and crawl back in your hole. You sound more pathetic than ever. The next meeting in our house, may just be a good one. But for now MAN UP, and admit you were beat.
Excuse me? I never said that's how I feel. I just summed up what TJ said on the show and implied that it was the sentiment felt by the rest of the team. I'm not denying the fact that the Bengals got dominated in the game. I even pointed out their faults at the end of my post. I was simply giving the Bengals point of view.

Now you can crawl back into your hole until you can formulate a coherent thought...not to mention spell the words everyone, else, or believe and use the quote tag correctly. What a hater.

Iron City Hangover
10-25-2005, 09:20 PM
Excuse me? I never said that's how I feel. I just summed up what TJ said on the show and implied that it was the sentiment felt by the rest of the team. I'm not denying the fact that the Bengals got dominated in the game. I even pointed out their faults at the end of my post. I was simply giving the Bengals point of view.

Now you can crawl back into your hole until you can formulate a coherent thought...not to mention spell the words everyone, else, or believe and use the quote tag correctly. What a hater.
People always treat difference as a red-headed step child, it's human nature. Steeler fans here are apparently no different. Unless you say the Steelers are going to finish the year 14 and 2 and everyone sucks, you'll be continually met with ridicule and incoherrent babbling. And of course, their "valid" excuse is that this is a Steelers board.

I for one found your post quite valid and unworthy of the disrespect it received.

But again, it's the Steelers blast furnace!

GO STEELERS!!!! :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

tony hipchest
10-25-2005, 10:58 PM
lmao! get a room already. everyone needs a "valid" visit from the spelling police (including much human steelerfans). the point being missed here is that the bengals players thought the game against the steelers would be an easy cake walk. atleast cantstop85 recognized the bengals need alot more experience.

Livinginthe past
10-26-2005, 02:23 AM
The Bengals have come a long way in a couple of seasons - but they still dont appear to be a mentally strong unit - the TD getting called back against them visibly knocked the stuffing out of them.

I am a big believer that being mentally stronger than your opponent is more important than being more technically gifted - its all about seizing momentum and making things happen - eg Steelers TD on the very next drive.

You could almost sense a nation muttering 'same ol bungles' after Shayne Graham shanked that short FG attempt on the Bengals dominant first drive - you can bet the same thought crept into the minds of the Steelers/Bengals players too.

Everyone knows that the first priority when playing the Steelers is to 'bring it' to them in a physical sense - beat them in trenches - if that means the odd penalty then it is worth it - the Bengals tried to out-finesse the Steelers and lost.

I still think the Bengals will make the post-season...then we will have a real idea of how far they have progressed as a unit.

NM

Suitanim
10-26-2005, 09:04 AM

51JetsfaninPa51?

BlitzburghRockCity
10-26-2005, 02:50 PM
People always treat difference as a red-headed step child, it's human nature. Steeler fans here are apparently no different. Unless you say the Steelers are going to finish the year 14 and 2 and everyone sucks, you'll be continually met with ridicule and incoherrent babbling. And of course, their "valid" excuse is that this is a Steelers board.

I for one found your post quite valid and unworthy of the disrespect it received.

But again, it's the Steelers blast furnace!

GO STEELERS!!!! :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

Now you know thats a bunch of shit right there..... Nobody in here will ridcule you if you say the Steelers wont go 14-2. And if they do, its only in fun. We have a wide range of fans from several teams here, and the resident Steeler fans will agree that there are plenty of good teams, great teams in the league besides the steelers...14-2 doesnt matter as long as we make the playoffs and get to Detroit !!!

Of course we cheer for the Steelers and will defend them to the end, against any and all opposing fans who smack talk, but what do u expect ?

Iron City Hangover
10-26-2005, 03:54 PM
Now you know thats a bunch of shit right there..... Nobody in here will ridcule you if you say the Steelers wont go 14-2. And if they do, its only in fun. We have a wide range of fans from several teams here, and the resident Steeler fans will agree that there are plenty of good teams, great teams in the league besides the steelers...14-2 doesnt matter as long as we make the playoffs and get to Detroit !!!

Of course we cheer for the Steelers and will defend them to the end, against any and all opposing fans who smack talk, but what do u expect ?
Smack about a different opinion of a football team warrants intelligent come-backs and long driven debates. Smack about a different opinion of a football team isn't "f&%k off". All it takes is one view point that the Steelers are not as good as another team, and the rep comes pooring in with "f&%k off" or other forms of BS.

My point was simple. There are several examples of people that represent wolves in sheep's clothing. It's a hypocracy in certain situations as this one. On the whole as you pointed out, people here are great. But you do have a few on the sly which is what I referred to.

Hammer67
10-26-2005, 05:56 PM
My point was simple. There are several examples of people that represent wolves in sheep's clothing. It's a hypocracy in certain situations as this one. On the whole as you pointed out, people here are great. But you do have a few on the sly which is what I referred to.

Yeah but that is true with EVERY message board in existence!!!!

You deal with a ton of factors in message boards depending on the topic:

Stupidity
Manners
Morals
Age (a big one)

There are some boards that are more heavily moderated then others. Some boards have more immature kids (or immature adults). But, for the most part, I have hung around here because most people are thoughtful and courteous while also having the maturity to enjoy a little good natured smack talk.

Hammer...

clevestinks
10-26-2005, 06:54 PM

By you agreeing that he summed it up correctly. That says to me , that you feel that way also???????????? You said " I think he summed it up, when he said that the Bengals were the better team" . What is so wrong with admitting to a whoopin?

CantStop85
10-26-2005, 09:25 PM
By you agreeing that he summed it up correctly. That says to me , that you feel that way also???????????? You said " I think he summed it up, when he said that the Bengals were the better team" . What is so wrong with admitting to a whoopin?
I admitted that the Bengals were killed in the game. And, I already explained why the players don't fully acknowledge a loss. The players have to keep morale and confidence up at all times.

And I'm sorry you misunderstood my summary statement.