PDA

View Full Version : 2008 RB class

revefsreleets
01-14-2008, 01:47 PM
This has the potential to become a legendary class of RB's. To be sure, not all these guys will pan out (and some of them haven't declared yest), but just take a look at this list and think of the potential!

Darren McFadden
Felix Jones
Johnathan Stewart
Ray Rice
Mike Hart
Rashard Mendenhall
Kevin Smith
Jacob Hester
Steve Slaton

Too bad we don't need (and can't afford to take one in the first round) a RB this year.

MasterOfPuppets
01-14-2008, 02:03 PM
This has the potential to become a legendary class of RB's. To be sure, not all these guys will pan out (and some of them haven't declared yest), but just take a look at this list and think of the potential!

Darren McFadden
Felix Jones
Johnathan Stewart
Ray Rice
Mike Hart
Rashard Mendenhall
Kevin Smith
Jacob Hester
Steve Slaton

Too bad we don't need (and can't afford to take one in the first round) a RB this year.what about jamaal charles (over 1600 yds) and matt forte (2400 total yds) ??

ShutDown24
01-14-2008, 02:11 PM
Hester is projected at fullback... He might be available in the fourth. There is a chance he could end up here.

revefsreleets
01-14-2008, 02:35 PM
I was just doing this off the top of my head. There are probably even more.

lilyoder6
01-14-2008, 03:42 PM
all of the names u listed alrdy declared for the draft.... the only one i am not 100% sure about is stewart but i think he did...

MasterOfPuppets
01-14-2008, 03:51 PM
all of the names u listed alrdy declared for the draft.... the only one i am not 100% sure about is stewart but i think he did...
stewart did. i'm kinda suprised that felix jones did.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
01-14-2008, 08:10 PM
stewart did. i'm kinda suprised that felix jones did.

Yeah Jones declaring for the draft is suprising. He finally gets the chance to show how good he can be without McFadden there and he leaves. My guess is he didn't want to risk injury since he will probably be a first rounder already.

MasterOfPuppets
01-14-2008, 08:16 PM
Yeah Jones declaring for the draft is suprising. He finally gets the chance to show how good he can be without McFadden there and he leaves. My guess is he didn't want to risk injury since he will probably be a first rounder already. yeah but there's a huge difference between a top 5 pick,than a 20-25 pick, as far as contracts go. if jones stays, and continues being as good as he was this year,he's a lock for top 5 in 09. did you see where lauranitus, is goin back to OSU??? that throws a monkey wrench into the draft !!! at least the pats won't get him !!!:tt02:

The Duke
01-14-2008, 08:26 PM
did you see where lauranitus, is goin back to OSU??? that throws a monkey wrench into the draft !!! at least the pats won't get him !!!:tt02:

he's staying??

damn, I was so excited to see him play i the NFL, even if it wasn't with the steelers

MasterOfPuppets
01-14-2008, 08:36 PM
he's staying??

damn, I was so excited to see him play i the NFL, even if it wasn't with the steelersit seems as though ohio state will be making another run for a national title....alex boone,marcus freeman,malcolm jenkins,and brian robiskie,are all staying.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
01-14-2008, 08:39 PM
it seems as though ohio state will be making another run for a national title....alex boone,marcus freeman,malcolm jenkins,and brian robiskie,are all staying.

Yeah looks like all of the juniors but Gholsten are going back to the O.

MasterOfPuppets
01-14-2008, 08:40 PM
kevin smith is returning to school....

Rhee Rhee
01-14-2008, 10:03 PM
it seems as though ohio state will be making another run for a national title....alex boone,marcus freeman,malcolm jenkins,and brian robiskie,are all staying.

with gholston gone i'll be surprised if their D is still number one in the land (he should've stayed and most likely would have been a top 5 pick next year)...

as for stud RBs... this years class seems deeper than most... not guarantee HOFers but solid starters down the road... i feel there is a drop off in talent after mcfadden, stewart and mendenhall

Rhee Rhee
01-14-2008, 10:04 PM
kevin smith is returning to school....

he declared about two or so days ago... could've rewroten the record books in that florida school of his..

Dynasty
01-14-2008, 10:21 PM
dont forget about Felix Jones from arkansas hes a good player

xXTheSteelKingsXx
01-15-2008, 06:23 AM
with gholston gone i'll be surprised if their D is still number one in the land (he should've stayed and most likely would have been a top 5 pick next year)...

as for stud RBs... this years class seems deeper than most... not guarantee HOFers but solid starters down the road... i feel there is a drop off in talent after mcfadden, stewart and mendenhall

Actually Lawerence Wilson will be back next season after breaking his leg in the opening game this year. Many people believe that he is OSU best all around defensive end.

lilyoder6
01-15-2008, 12:54 PM
james is going back next yr as well... i guess losing 2 straight bcs games aren't good enough....

pittsburghp8baller
01-15-2008, 01:56 PM
add matt forte from tulane on the list. he is one of those big brusing backs. prob will go in around the 3-4 round with all of the underclassman pushing him back but def will be a good pick up for that round

pittsburghp8baller
01-15-2008, 02:04 PM
nfldraftscout.com list of running backs for 08 including underclassman who have declared

1. Darren McFadden Arkansas
2. Jonathan Stewart Oregon
3. Felix Jones Arkansas
4. Rashard Mendenhall Illinois
5. Chris Johnson ECU
6. Steve Slaton WVU
7. Jamal Charles Texas
8. Ray Rice Rutgers
9. James Davis Clemson
10. Mike Hart Michigan
11. Kevin Smith UCF
12. Tashard Choice Georgia Tech
13. Matt Forte Tulane
14. Allen Patrick Oklahoma
15. Cory Boyd South Carolina
16. Dantrell Savage Oklahoma State
17. Thomas Brown Georgia
18. Rafael Little Kentucky
19. Kalvin McRae Ohio
20. Benjarvis Green-Ellis Ole Miss

MasterOfPuppets
01-15-2008, 04:31 PM
he declared about two or so days ago... could've rewroten the record books in that florida school of his..damn...i new i read he was staying....damn liar...:shake01:

After staging a press conference the week before UCF's Liberty Bowl trip in which he said he was returning to the Knights for his senior season, junior running back Kevin Smith has decided to forgo his final year and turn pro.

Dylan
01-15-2008, 04:46 PM
From what I've been reading and searching about Slaton could fall into the second or third round. The only thing he has sort of the same running style as parker, but could be a great return man.

I am projecting us to either get Otah or Desean Jackson in the first round. If we get Slaton and Jackson can u believe how much better are special teams would be and also would be addressing depth for those positons to. That would be amazing!

:tt02::helmet::tt02:

lilyoder6
01-15-2008, 04:46 PM
??? so u're saying that u were right he was staying in school??? but he is going pro so i'm all confused...

lilyoder6
01-15-2008, 04:47 PM
deSean and slaton as so much speed.. combined with willie's speed omg those are some fast fast ppl... maybe we could do wr reverses with DeSean

Dylan
01-15-2008, 04:54 PM
deSean and slaton as so much speed.. combined with willie's speed omg those are some fast fast ppl... maybe we could do wr reverses with DeSean

yea that would be awesome, we could also use slaton like the saints use bush. it would be unbelievable if this happened.

STEELtownHAVOX
01-16-2008, 11:28 AM
We might just have a shot at one of those guys: found this on www.rotoworld.com

Willie Parker-RB- Steelers Jan. 16 - 11:07 am et

Steelers director of football operations Kevin Colbert says the team may target running back as a position of need in the draft this off-season.

As early as the first round? "Heck yeah, absolutely," affirmed Colbert. Willie Parker's injury is not expected to be a factor, but the Steelers may be looking for a tandem partner after Najeh Davenport's poor showing against the Jaguars in the playoffs.
Source: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Related: Najeh Davenport

MasterOfPuppets
01-16-2008, 12:52 PM
??? so u're saying that u were right he was staying in school??? but he is going pro so i'm all confused...no....i'm saying i was right that i read or heard he was staying in school,thats why i said he was....then rhee rhee said he wasn't, so i thought i imagined it.....but i DID,read that he said he was staying,but i DIDN'T, know he changed his mind.

After staging a press conference the week before UCF's Liberty Bowl trip in which he said he was returning to the Knights for his senior season, junior running back Kevin Smith has decided to forgo his final year and turn pro.

lilyoder6
01-16-2008, 01:56 PM
ok..

najah did have a horrible running game against the jags.. but the jags def is very good against the run..

Ricco Suavez
01-16-2008, 06:48 PM
I am from MS,but not an Ole Miss fan. That being said I have watched Ben-Jarvis Green for two years and he will be a very capable backup or compliment back that could possibly be around as late as 5th to 7th round, quite possibly a big steal.

Rhee Rhee
01-16-2008, 09:13 PM
ok..

najah did have a horrible running game against the jags.. but the jags def is very good against the run..

psh not against chris brown and the titans... he got 175 on like 20 carries...

Rhee Rhee
01-16-2008, 09:14 PM
We might just have a shot at one of those guys: found this on www.rotoworld.com

Willie Parker-RB- Steelers Jan. 16 - 11:07 am et

Steelers director of football operations Kevin Colbert says the team may target running back as a position of need in the draft this off-season.

As early as the first round? "Heck yeah, absolutely," affirmed Colbert. Willie Parker's injury is not expected to be a factor, but the Steelers may be looking for a tandem partner after Najeh Davenport's poor showing against the Jaguars in the playoffs.
Source: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Related: Najeh Davenport

colbert is crazy... simply crazy...

lilyoder6
01-16-2008, 09:42 PM
well true.. but well i don't know.. all i know is that najah is a good 2nd string rb..

Galax Steeler
01-19-2008, 04:41 AM
Could you imagine landing johnathen stewart that would be a good compliment to willie parker.

lilyoder6
01-19-2008, 09:49 AM
james davis is going back to school.. either announced it this morning or last night..

Rhee Rhee
01-20-2008, 03:44 AM
Could you imagine landing johnathen stewart that would be a good compliment to willie parker.

if we actually do draft him i'd pinch myself everyday... :sofunny:

19ward86
01-20-2008, 08:41 PM
javorski lane, 6ft 270, sounds like a bettis type of back. i also like kevin smith from central florida, he could be a houshold name in a few years.

lilyoder6
01-20-2008, 09:34 PM
lane will be good for short yardage.. but only good for like 2-3 plays at a time with his fat self... would be a good pickup but wouldn't see many rushes from him..

Rhee Rhee
01-21-2008, 03:19 AM
javorski lane, 6ft 270, sounds like a bettis type of back. i also like kevin smith from central florida, he could be a houshold name in a few years.

there's also brian mcanderson... he played short yardage with kansas this year... he was freakin gigantic... like a DT except with more quickness... think he's around 6'0" 250 (maybe more)

lilyoder6
01-21-2008, 09:12 PM
i would proably go with him instead of lane.. b/c if he gets past the first yrd or two he can actually run a lil bit, while lane would fall over dieing for air by the 3rd yrd he gains...

MasterOfPuppets
01-21-2008, 09:22 PM
there's also brian mcanderson... he played short yardage with kansas this year... he was freakin gigantic... like a DT except with more quickness... think he's around 6'0" 250 (maybe more)do you mean brandon McAnderson from kansas ? he's only listed as 6 ft / 235 lbs
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=145363

Rhee Rhee
01-23-2008, 02:23 AM
uk wut MOP i think im getting two guys very, VERY mixed up... the guy im thinking of looks like a DT and plays RB i originally thought he played for kansas but now... i think it's the guy from A&M we been talking about for the longest time... so sorri for the confusion... my fault for not doing the research till now