PDA

View Full Version : CJ praises Ike

Tim
10-24-2005, 10:06 AM
"Ike Taylor is very good," Johnson said. "I came into the game thinking it was going to be easy, to tell you the truth. He made me go into my bag of tricks, which is a good thing for the opponent. He's in a class of his own."

Always nice to see your opponents admit when they've been well defended. Especially such a motor-mouth like CJ.

Still, we Steeler's fans can't be too negative towards CJ. We've got some major mouths on our team as well. For example, maybe Joey Porter would like to make a tackle someday to go along with all his trash talk :rolleyes:

Prosdo
10-24-2005, 10:08 AM
Very true Tim. It is always nice to see an opponent give one of your guys props. The thing with Joey is weird. One game he is all in there and the next you wonder if he played.

SteelR1
10-24-2005, 10:13 AM
I continue to like CJ. He's a great receiver, talks alot but not in a T.O. way.. The little crying thing, who cares the man just wants to win.. To give credit to Ike Taylor, Class Act..

Now if we can just get him to the dentist, ha ha

BB2W
10-24-2005, 12:02 PM
He also said this...

"Well, Ike really isn't on the list," Johnson said. "But, on a serious note, he's very good. He's a good player. He's good, fast, quick. I did everything I could to make the plays I did."

I did not expect this out of Chad. I have a new found respect for him... a little. Taylor must have been all over Chad to make him this humble. I wonder id chad has ever been pressed that much. Ike played him right on the line almost all day... I am so happy Ike finally panned out, I hope they sign him to a long term deal.

SteelrsRck
10-24-2005, 12:17 PM
I was worried about that match-up coming into this game but glad to see Ike can hold his own.

Anyone see the pre-game show when Porter was talking all that smack about the bungals on the field?I dont recall hearing his name once all game like prosdo said hes either mentioned all game long or not at all whats up with him latley?

BurghThing
10-24-2005, 12:19 PM
Hopefully Clark comes back next game and Harrison moves over to the other side and gives Joey a week off.

And what's not to like about CJ? The man is entertaining and afterall, thats what this game is about.

Koopa
10-24-2005, 12:50 PM
cj is a great wr, and ike should be honored that he's getting props from a dude that tore champ bailey supposidly the best shut down corner in the league a new asshole last season on monday night football. hopefully ike won't get lured away by a lot of money cause he can be great for us along with mcfadden.

BB2W
10-24-2005, 12:52 PM
CBS Sportsline on Ike...

10. Pittsburgh cornerback Ike Taylor can take a curtain call for the job he did Sunday on Cincinnati's Chad Johnson. The Steelers locked him up with Johnson all afternoon -- the first time the team's done that since, well, since Rod Woodson was there -- and Taylor responded by keeping the Pro Bowl receiver out of the end zone. The Steelers made the move because of the uncertain status of cornerback Willie Williams. Thinking they might have to start rookie Bryant McFadden -- who replaced Williams during the game anyway -- they decided to assign the more experienced Taylor to Johnson. "Necessity is the mother of invention," defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau said.

link......... http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/8999815

TasmanianTroy271
10-24-2005, 03:09 PM
:bouncy: remember that guy that would come around everytime Ike made a ST tackle and would post 8 threads about it and link to his "I love Ike Taylor" site? what ever happenend to him?

BlitzburghRockCity
10-24-2005, 04:32 PM
As soon as chad actually says something legit..he'll follow it up w/ something stupid...but props to him for admitting he was played well by Ike !

RoethlisBURGHer
10-24-2005, 08:07 PM
Props to "Mr. 7-11".

I like CJ though,he's entertaining and when he does his celebrations it isn't so much to piss off his opponent (like TO and Moss) but to entertain the fans.I found the riverdance rather entertaining (and I am glad he didn't dance all over our endzones).

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
10-24-2005, 11:06 PM
he should praise him, and he should put him on his list and give him credit for shutting him down.
I hope Ike can keep the play up and hopefully Ricardo and McFadden can step up and take over the other side.

BB2W
10-25-2005, 12:48 AM
hopefully ike won't get lured away by a lot of money cause he can be great for us along with mcfadden.
Good point Koop!... Ike is drawing some national attention, and Chad's comments don't help. Imagine if he plays great on a big stage (ACFCG, or SB). Ike Taylor will be a 30 million daollar man in free agency. Remember when Gary Baxter came off the bench for the Ravens... played well, and got a huge contract the next year in free agency... this doesn't look good. :shake01:

Koopa
10-25-2005, 12:54 AM
hopefully ike will be loyal to the steelers like they've been loyal to him, we could've easily gave up on him but we let him grow, hopefully he'll remember that and want to stay to help this team grow

clevestinks
10-25-2005, 06:52 PM
Nice to see Chad spreading some praise around, Classy!

ngreene15
10-25-2005, 08:13 PM
Good to hear that from CJ, being a guy who's so high on himself, that shows how good Ike actually is.

I'm always entertained watching CJ every week, except for when he plays the Steelers.

Koopa
10-25-2005, 09:34 PM
Good to hear that from CJ, being a guy who's so high on himself, that shows how good Ike actually is.

I'm always entertained watching CJ every week, except for when he plays the Steelers.

well you can't get entertained by him when we play him cause we shut him down so he can't do his entertaining stuff lol

tony hipchest
10-25-2005, 09:53 PM
hopefully ike will be loyal to the steelers like they've been loyal to him, we could've easily gave up on him but we let him grow, hopefully he'll remember that and want to stay to help this team grow
i think ike taylor was the fastest cb in the draft when we got him. he was just unpolished with just 1 year of college experience when we drafted him. i always figured he would be a multi-year project but is now proving the steelers to an excellent scouting team. (i think it was rashean mathis who they were scouting as a 1st or 2nd rounder that year.)

Koopa
10-25-2005, 10:01 PM
*sighs* rashean mathis the dude maddox threw the game winning touchdown to.

Iron City Hangover
10-25-2005, 10:03 PM
Ike Taylor... the next great CB ever.

slashsteel
10-25-2005, 11:38 PM
Kudos Ike you done good!

Iron City Hangover
10-26-2005, 09:14 AM
Ike rules. Look out NFL.