PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins hire Sparano away from Cowboys

TackleMeBen
01-16-2008, 09:12 AM
FOX Sports has learned that the Dolphins have tabbed Dallas assistant coach Tony Sparano as their new head coach, replacing the fired Cam Cameron

Dolphins officials this morning phoned the other candidates who interviewed and informed them of the team's decision. Sparano was thought to be the heavy favorite from the day Bill Parcells was hired and that speculation mounted when Parcells hired Jeff Ireland away from Dallas to be the team's new GM.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7681946

Jeremy
01-16-2008, 09:17 AM
Doesn't really matter much right now because Miami is going to be bad for a couple of more season. They have no QB, their defense is old and getting older, and they've had about a decade of mediocre to poor drafts.

But, this is a good hire and could really hurt Dallas if Jason Garrett jumps ship as well.

TackleMeBen
01-16-2008, 09:21 AM
Doesn't really matter much right now because Miami is going to be bad for a couple of more season. They have no QB, their defense is old and getting older, and they've had about a decade of mediocre to poor drafts.

But, this is a good hire and could really hurt Dallas if Jason Garrett jumps ship as well.

i was thinking the same thing. if they lose both garrett and sparano it would hurt the crackwagon.

lilyoder6
01-16-2008, 09:47 AM
one reason miami has become shitty was b/c they either traded all there good players away or didn't res-sign them.. randy mcmicheal, chris chambers, that great secondary in the past. on off.. they do have brown, have ted ginn actually did do preety good this yr.. but it will take a while to get weapons back on the off..

Edman
01-16-2008, 10:02 AM
Doesn't matter who they hire. The Dolphins are in deep crap for years to come. The damage on that organization far exceeds the coaching staff, there are numerous problems with the player personnel as well.

Jeremy
01-16-2008, 10:23 AM
one reason miami has become shitty was b/c they either traded all there good players away or didn't res-sign them.. randy mcmicheal, chris chambers, that great secondary in the past. on off.. they do have brown, have ted ginn actually did do preety good this yr.. but it will take a while to get weapons back on the off..

They spent a Top 10 pick on a kid who's basically a return guy. Anyone who watched Ginn at OSU knows that he's never going to much more than a return guy in the NFL. He runs sloppy routes and shied away from contact over the middle. He's maybe a slot guy in the NFL if that.

10 years of shitty drafts and bad personnel moves aren't going to be fixed by anyone in a couple of seasons. Miami is in deep shit and they know it.

TackleMeBen
01-16-2008, 11:18 AM
miami's motto should be:

get out the pooper scooper because we are in deep doodoo:flap:

Rhee Rhee
01-16-2008, 01:40 PM
this dolphin team reminds me of the raiders last year...

Jeremy
01-16-2008, 01:51 PM
this dolphin team reminds me of the raiders last year...

The Raiders had more talent than Miami. Miami was lucky to win one game this season. It's not going to get any better as Taylor and Thomas get older.

lilyoder6
01-16-2008, 01:52 PM
ginn do alright in his rookie season for a wr and returner.. yes it was stupid to take him at #10... big tuna is a very smart football person.. so i bet they'll be better in about 4-5 yrs...

Jeremy
01-16-2008, 01:55 PM
ginn do alright in his rookie season for a wr and returner.. yes it was stupid to take him at #10... big tuna is a very smart football person.. so i bet they'll be better in about 4-5 yrs...

Maybe. Parcells has to make up for damn near a decade of bad drafts and stupid trades. It could take 4 years until they're at .500 again.