PDA

View Full Version : Most exciting team in NFL history

sherlock
01-17-2008, 02:53 AM
The big news in soccer in the UK at the moment is that Kevin Keegan has become manager of Newcastle United for a second time.
In his previous spell Newcastle became renowned for their attacking football.....a case of you score 6,we`ll score 7 type of philosophy.They didn`t win anything but they were great to watch.
I was wondering if any NFL team,past or present had/has a similar reputation.

Preacher
01-17-2008, 02:57 AM
The big news in soccer in the UK at the moment is that Kevin Keegan has become manager of Newcastle United for a second time.
In his previous spell Newcastle became renowned for their attacking football.....a case of you score 6,we`ll score 7 type of philosophy.They didn`t win anything but they were great to watch.

Well, we have a team here that thinks, if you score a TD, we will score 50, and cheat if we have to in order to do it.

Atlanta Dan
01-17-2008, 08:06 AM

Late 1990s early 2000s St. Louis Rams (Greatest Show On Turf) - but they won a Super Bowl and went to another

In terms of a fun team that never won any more than a division title - late 70s -early 80s San Diego Chargers (aka Air Coryell) - extraordinary passing offense and wretched defense

Edman
01-17-2008, 10:26 AM
Great offense? Soft Defense? Let's see...

The 2000-2005 Indianapolis Colts.
Air Coryell Chargers.

Jeremy
01-17-2008, 10:27 AM
Houston Oilers and Atlanta Falcons under Jerry Glanville.

Mosca
01-17-2008, 10:39 AM
First one I thought of was Air Coryell, too. They were a total blast to watch.

PisnNapalm
01-17-2008, 10:51 AM
Steelers of the 70's. We'll beat your offense into the turf. The 1976 Steelers posted 5 shutouts that season.

I wish I could have seen those games played live to truly appreciate them. I was only 7 years old then.

The Patriots this year are just so dominant. I know they won a few squeakers but they also put a smackdown onto other teams the likes of which I've never seen before. You can rant all you want about the * and the cheating in the first game of the season but.... damn...

I am looking forward to watching them play this weekend. Win or lose it's exciting football.

sherlock
01-17-2008, 11:00 AM
Late 1990s early 2000s St. Louis Rams (Greatest Show On Turf) - but they won a Super Bowl and went to another

In terms of a fun team that never won any more than a division title - late 70s -early 80s San Diego Chargers (aka Air Coryell) - extraordinary passing offense and wretched defense

Regarding Air Coryell,I`ve just found this on youtube....just in case you guys haven`t seen it !
This is probably gonna sound like a stupid question but....do you guys regard today`s Steelers as an entertaining team to watch?
I do,and I think this might be because of their frailties as much as their abilities.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZbEmHe2J7k

MACH1
01-17-2008, 11:18 AM
First one I thought of was Air Coryell, too. They were a total blast to watch.

Yep....Loved to watch Dan Fouts back then.

tony hipchest
01-17-2008, 11:18 AM
the oilers with warren moons "run and shoot".

the bills with jim kellys "k-gun".

no team has really reminded me of the 70's steelers except maybe the bills. as good as they were on offense with kelly, reed, lofton, and thomas, they were almost equally as good on defense with players like talley, bennett and smith.

warren moon has put up some of my favorite games. the champ game loss to f. reich and the bills being 1 of them.

as for an all out shootout, warren moon vs. s. deberg of the cheifs was great. moon put up the 2nd highest passing total ever, and woulda had the record but a horrible call by the refs negated a pass to haywood jefferies (i believe) that wouldve broke it. there was almost 1000 yards of offense in that game just through the air!

The Duke
01-17-2008, 01:26 PM
On defense- 70s steelers

on offense- Greastest Show On Turf

rabidsteelerfan
01-17-2008, 02:36 PM
I always thought it was exciting to watch Randall Cunningham do his thing, rather with the Eagles or the short lived Vikings...........But I'd have to agree, "the greatest show on turf" was pretty phenomenal!

steelers2685
01-17-2008, 08:20 PM
The Greatest Show on Turf for me.

How about the Vikings when Randy Moss was there? I was in middle school at that time and don't remember much, but always do remember everyone at school talking about those games on Monday.

RoethlisBURGHer
01-17-2008, 09:46 PM
I looked forward to watching those Rams games. Marshall Faulk, Kurt Warner, Torry Holt, Issac Bruce...what an offensive show that team put up. One of the best Super Bowls I ever watched was the Rams v. Titans.

The Minnesota Vikings back when Moss was playing there were always fun to watch.