PDA

View Full Version : Willie Parker: will he come back as the same back?

Mr_Steeler
01-17-2008, 02:51 AM
Willie Parker: will he come back as the same back?

Apart from being knocked out of the playoffs, my season low was seeing Willie Parker being taken from the field with a knee injury.

What is the latest here?

Do you think he can come back to be the same back?

Do we need to look at a Running Back in the draft in the later rounds as a "just in case"?

jjpro11
01-17-2008, 02:53 AM
actually it was a broken fibula, not a knee injury. its better that he broke a bone rather than tore ligaments. i think he should be fine.

Preacher
01-17-2008, 03:03 AM
actually it was a broken fibula, not a knee injury. its better that he broke a bone rather than tore ligaments. i think he should be fine.

Yep.

the only problem we may have is that he loses strength from not working out. Then again. He may get some of his speed back if he sheds a few pounds of muscle.

Mr_Steeler
01-17-2008, 03:56 AM

My bad - honest mistake, at least I am at the right half of the body :toofunny:

Galax Steeler
01-17-2008, 04:00 AM
Parker should be fine he will come back shooting for the rushing title next year.

Lord Stiller
01-17-2008, 07:38 AM

Exactly. Im more worried about Ryan Clark and his mysterious ailment

msafford
01-17-2008, 08:35 AM
Exactly. Im more worried about Ryan Clark and his mysterious ailment

Me too. You look at how Chris Simms was affected, although Clark didn't take the beating that Simms did in order to lose that spleen. Hopefully he'll be able to get back to form. I think he was a lot more valuable than we realized at the time.

I think Willie will be fine. I'm sure he'll work out the kinks through the first game or so, and then he'll just tear up the league. I'm sure it will be said in the media before next year by some jagoff that Willie won't be the same. We all know how Parker is when someone says he can't do something.

Yay for us.:tt02:

The off-season sucks.

HometownGal
01-17-2008, 09:27 AM
Willie will be just fine. He has the entire offseason to rehab his leg and get himself in shape for camp. As soon as he's given medical clearance to do so, he'll be in that gym and at the Steelers facility on the South Side working out like a madman. :thumbsup:

lilyoder6
01-17-2008, 09:30 AM
yea and clark didn't play a whole game with a busted spleen like simms did... he got help right away when he noticed something was wrong.. i hope he does geter better... willie will be fine... he'll be faster and stronger than b4...

Dylan
01-17-2008, 12:39 PM
as long as his rehab goes ok. he will be fine

Rhee Rhee
01-17-2008, 12:52 PM
He may get some of his speed back if he sheds a few pounds of muscle.

Hopefully!!!

The Duke
01-17-2008, 12:54 PM
We all know how Parker is when someone says he can't do something.

that's why he will be fine, his desire is almost incomparable to other players in the league

I broke my fibula 2 years ago in football and came back even better. why? cause I had something to prove to myself and to others, that I could be better and an injury wasn't gonna hold me back. now just imagine that on FWP, he's gonna be a monster next season! as long as the o line holds up.....

lilyoder6
01-17-2008, 03:47 PM
he'll being doing a lot of squats this off-season... just making his legs very strong and making hit harder to arm tackle him...

steelers2685
01-17-2008, 07:34 PM
My brother broke the same bone he did playing football as well. Didn't know this until 3 months later when his leg began cracking whenever he moved his ankle. He didn't have any medical treatment and it healed on its own (sheared clean off and it now has the pattern of a lightning bolt vertical-wise haha) and he is even better than before with his cuts and what not. I think Willie will be back and even though he may jump out to a slow start and people here will start saying to bring in Najeh or Sammy Russell, remember what LT did this year and realize by Week 5 he'll be back as good as new. Now, that'll be IF we get a good line setup!

SteelersJW
01-17-2008, 07:37 PM
Give him some time and he'll be right back as one of the league's best rushers. He's just got to get more TDs next year.

ShutDown24
01-17-2008, 08:21 PM
I have a feeling he is going to come back and actually be better... I don't know why but I think 08 is going to be a really big year for him.

lilyoder6
01-17-2008, 08:25 PM
he'll be fine... after a bone is broken it becomes stronger and won't break again in the same place...(ot at least thats what doctors say) so no one should doubt him...

xXTheSteelKingsXx
01-17-2008, 08:51 PM
I think he be fine. He is a very determined player and he will want to prove that this injury isn't going to stop him.

RoethlisBURGHer
01-18-2008, 07:18 AM
Parker is going to be fine, a broken bone isn't that big of a deal.

Actually, he will probally come back better. All his rehab is going to focus on his legs, which will make them stronger. I think we'll be seeing him running through more attempted tackles in 2008.

lilyoder6
01-18-2008, 09:27 AM
he has about 6 months to work.. he'll be better than fine..

fansince'76
01-18-2008, 09:43 AM
I think Willie will be back and even though he may jump out to a slow start and people here will start saying to bring in Najeh or Sammy Russell....

There are enough folks still pining away over the Bus' retirement that that is going to happen regardless of what FWP does next season anyway. :coffee:

RunWillieRun
01-18-2008, 11:35 AM
Willie will be just as good if not better next year. The Fibula (the smaller bone of the lower leg) does not actually support any weight in the leg; it serves only as an attachment scaffold for connective tissue and muscle. Considering that and the fact (as somebody mentioned above) that bones usually heal to a point to where they are stronger than before the break, Willie will be in good shape to pick up where he left off and win the rushing title next year!!!

Hines0wnz
01-18-2008, 03:01 PM
Hopefully his fumbling and lack of TDs will get healed too.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Boomerang
01-18-2008, 05:57 PM
Willie will come back gunning for the running title he was on the way until his injury.

Edman
01-18-2008, 06:11 PM
It's a broken bone, not a torn ligament.

Willie will be fine. *Knock on Wood*

lilyoder6
01-18-2008, 06:18 PM
i thin the low td count was b/c najah was in a lot after i abig play by willie... or that we passed a lot in the red zone with the no back formation..

lilyoder6
01-19-2008, 09:51 AM
thats good news.. at last we know je won't be taking any time off this offseason

Stlrs4Life
01-19-2008, 11:04 AM
Parker is going to be fine, a broken bone isn't that big of a deal.

Actually, he will probally come back better. All his rehab is going to focus on his legs, which will make them stronger. I think we'll be seeing him running through more attempted tackles in 2008.

I agree if we improve on the OL. If not, Jim Brown can't run behind our OL.

Dodt
01-19-2008, 10:48 PM
praying for the best.

SteelCityMan786
01-19-2008, 11:18 PM
Willie will be just fine. He has the entire offseason to rehab his leg and get himself in shape for camp. As soon as he's given medical clearance to do so, he'll be in that gym and at the Steelers facility on the South Side working out like a madman. :thumbsup:

Not just that, preparing to win the 2008 Season Rushing Title and Comeback Player of the year.

Preacher
01-19-2008, 11:20 PM
I agree if we improve on the OL. If not, Jim Brown can't run behind our OL.

We may disagree on politics, we may disagree on life, we may disagree on cars...

But we absolutely agree on that! :wink02:

Rhee Rhee
01-20-2008, 03:36 AM
Not just that, preparing to win the 2008 Season Rushing Title and Comeback Player of the year.

it'll be a mircale if he wins comeback player... lol

sherlock
01-25-2008, 04:22 AM
"Willie Parker: will he come back as the same back?"....God I hope so!
I`ve just spent some time on nfl.com watching Steelers videos and one of the things that struck me was just how graceful Willie is when he runs with the ball(I believe it`s called a rush:jammin:)...it really is a beautiful sight,kinda put me in mind of a cheetah in full flight the way he glides across the field.
Would you guys agree he is aesthetically pleasing on the eye as well as a great RB.?

lilyoder6
01-25-2008, 08:21 AM
with the nfl willie could come back with a great yr and win teh rushing title.. but they would give the comback player award to someone like cedrick benson or ricky williams..

Dino 6 Rings
01-25-2008, 11:30 AM
Willie will be even more effective if late in games we have someone solid to give the ball to in order to eat up clock. Davis or Russell need to really step up their game this offseason in order to take some of the late game carries away from Willie. 16 games is a long season, and even guys like Willie need to rest sometimes.

I'm convinced, Najeh isn't a Steeler come next year.