PDA

View Full Version : Cloverfield

revefsreleets
01-17-2008, 09:25 AM
Anyone going to see it? I've heard some damned good things about this movie, and my interest has been piqued since the teaser trailers before Transformers. The major complaint seems to be the same as Blair Witch, that the handheld camera will literally make people sick, but I don't mind that. Judging by what I've heard, the movie looks really good for only haveing a budget of 30 mil, and the monster does get some screen time (unlike the witch in Blair).
Im definitely going tomorrow night.

STEELtownHAVOX
01-17-2008, 10:43 AM
I can't wait to see it. Read and seen a lot of good stuff about this one.

revefsreleets
01-17-2008, 11:09 AM
I have the most recent rendering of what the monster looks like as my background here at work...I'm getting lots of inquiries.

ShutDown24
01-17-2008, 11:27 AM
A ton of people still insist it is a Godzilla movie even though J.J. Abrahms has said it isn't... A lot of people also beleive it has something to do with the ABC TV show 'Lost' as Abrahms and Bad Robot created Lost... It looks very exciting anyway. I guess we can just wait a while and see... After you guys see it give some blank statements about it on here please but don't ruin it? Lol - Thanks

MACH1
01-17-2008, 12:28 PM
zBOyG5Bgduk

Here's the top secret trailer has just hit the internet (via YouTube), and it clearly shows us what the monster(s) from Cloverfield will look like.

Enjoy.

PisnNapalm
01-17-2008, 12:55 PM
Stay Puft Marshmallow man ehh? LOL

touchdownward
01-17-2008, 01:02 PM
Stay Puft Marshmallow man ehh? LOL

No, here's your monster.

http://assets.espn.go.com/media/nfl/2005/0121/photo/w_crennel_vi.jpg

:toofunny:

revefsreleets
01-17-2008, 01:31 PM
I guarantee it isn't Godzilla, although it is a huge monster. I basically know the whole plotline, including the "zinger" ending, but I'm still anxiouis to see it.

One little spoiler-type thing that I thought was cool and shows how much thought went into making the movie. This monster is really big. I mean REALLY big, like 400-500 feet tall. The thing is so big that it has parasites that live on it like fleas on a dog. Except the parasites are relative to the size of the monster, so when they fall off, they are man-sized fleas that are super fast and super dangerous.

revefsreleets
01-18-2008, 09:31 PM
See it! Great flick for the genre.

pittsburghp8baller
01-18-2008, 09:57 PM
havent seen it but plan to. i already know what the monster is and how it ends but ill watch it anyways

Rhee Rhee
01-19-2008, 02:43 AM
havent seen it but plan to. i already know what the monster is and how it ends but ill watch it anyways

dont tell me! don't tell me!

seeing it tommorow...

revefsreleets
01-19-2008, 04:25 PM
I knew the whole plot and everything and it was still really intense. One person I saw it with got a headache from the shaky cam and had to close her eyes, and another covered her ears for some of the intense parts (and this IS an intense movie).

I'd say it's the best monster movie I've ever seen. Not the best movie I've ever seen, but the best of the gene.

Borski
01-19-2008, 04:30 PM
I knew the whole plot and everything and it was still really intense. One person I saw it with got a headache from the shaky cam and had to close her eyes, and another covered her ears for some of the intense parts (and this IS an intense movie).

I'd say it's the best monster movie I've ever seen. Not the best movie I've ever seen, but the best of the gene.

Gah!! I think I left with more questions then I went in with LOL.

It was a great movie though, I loved the unique cam view, it made you feel like you were really there as opposed to what watching the action.

revefsreleets
01-19-2008, 04:37 PM
Hey, that's JJ Abrams (Lost). There will DEFINITELY be a sequel. I'm guessing it makes 150-200 mil and it only cost 30. The answers will come later.

j-dawg
01-19-2008, 10:54 PM
watch closely at the right hand corner of the screen during the beach scene at the very end of the film .....

ShutDown24
01-19-2008, 11:28 PM
watch closely at the right hand corner of the screen during the beach scene at the very end of the film .....

I'm going to see it tomorrow, thanks for the tip.

Borski
01-19-2008, 11:35 PM

Can you PM me what I missed?

Rhee Rhee
01-20-2008, 05:03 AM

i dont remember anythin there... then again im a terrible observer..

revefsreleets
01-21-2008, 05:12 PM
Made 41 million and still has MLK Day sales to add on. Easily 200 million.
There will be a sequel.

By the way, anyone notice the super eerie similarities between scenes of Cloverfield and 9/11? It's been enough time, but it was still pretty creepy.

Spoiler! If you don't want to know about Cloverfield II don't read my next post!

ShutDown24
01-21-2008, 05:29 PM
I saw it yesterday and was pretty impressed... It was like exactly what I expected but that is a good thing. Did anyone wait around until after the credits? Rob (I think) said something at the end... It sounded like "We almost made it" or something...

They did a waaay better job than Blair Witch with the camera in my opinion.

Also, during the beach scene I didn't get what the big deal was... I would say why but don't want to for anyone who hasn't seen it.

revefsreleets
01-21-2008, 05:31 PM
Rob is going to work for a soft drink company in Japan (Slusho). The company is like "The Umbrella Corp" from Resident Evil, and they also are involved with satellites (which is supposedly what we see fall into the ocean in the flashback scene at Coney Island).

It's really complicated, but there is a scene at the very end of the credits where it's revealed that the monster is NOT killed in the end, and it is NOT a nuclear attack.

Preacher
01-21-2008, 05:43 PM
Made 41 million and still has MLK Day sales to add on. Easily 200 million.
There will be a sequel.

By the way, anyone notice the super eerie similarities between scenes of Cloverfield and 9/11? It's been enough time, but it was still pretty creepy.

Spoiler! If you don't want to know about Cloverfield II don't read my next post!

I went to watch "Sum of All Fears" that came out a couple years after 9-11 (it was supposed to come out that summer). As I sat there and watched the nuclear bomb go off in Baltimore (I think it was... they REALLY screwed over the book), the only thought that went through my head was, "This is WAY TOO SOON."

revefsreleets
01-21-2008, 06:00 PM
Read the book, but never saw the flick. Probably for the best.

Back to Cloverfield, part of the viral campaign was a site for Slusho and it's parent company, Tagruato. There are clues and stuff there for people who like to dig a little deeper.

Preacher
01-21-2008, 11:07 PM
Read the book, but never saw the flick. Probably for the best.

Back to Cloverfield, part of the viral campaign was a site for Slusho and it's parent company, Tagruato. There are clues and stuff there for people who like to dig a little deeper.

Yeah,

they changed way too much. It was "Fascist Right Wingers" in Germany that planted the bomb... not Muslim terrorists. That change was made BEFORE 9-11.

Wife and I are thinking about going to Cloverfield.. however, we may just wait for it to come out on DVD.. sit in the comfort of our home and watch it.

revefsreleets
01-22-2008, 10:12 AM
I don't know, this is the kind of movie that really benefits from the big screen and the thousands of watts of surround sound. Best viewed in the theater, Preach!

The Duke
01-22-2008, 12:50 PM
I don't know, this is the kind of movie that really benefits from the big screen and the thousands of watts of surround sound. Best viewed in the theater, Preach!

well........unless you have a great home theater at your house, man that would be awesome . I can always dream.........

If I had a good one i would wait for the DVD, but I don't so I just can't wait to watch it, I only need to find some time

revefsreleets
01-22-2008, 01:03 PM
The movie is VERY loud, but it makes sense that it would be. A 500 foot tall monster destroying a city is gonna make some noise, ya know? Whoever did the sound design deserves an Oscar.

Hines0wnz
01-27-2008, 02:38 PM
Great movie and very well made. A quality sequel should be made.

Borski
01-27-2008, 03:01 PM
Rob is going to work for a soft drink company in Japan (Slusho). The company is like "The Umbrella Corp" from Resident Evil, and they also are involved with satellites (which is supposedly what we see fall into the ocean in the flashback scene at Coney Island).

It's really complicated, but there is a scene at the very end of the credits where it's revealed that the monster is NOT killed in the end, and it is NOT a nuclear attack.

Anyone hear about the USA spy satellite that lost power and will re-enter earth in the next 2 weeks or so? maybe cloverfield is real....:wink02:

SMR
01-27-2008, 05:20 PM
Anyone hear about the USA spy satellite that lost power and will re-enter earth in the next 2 weeks or so? maybe cloverfield is real....:wink02:

LOL. I just read about that last night, eerie! Really, does the movie show enough of the monster to justify paying ticket price? Someone from rottentomatoes.com commented about the movie being too jittery like Blair Witch and doesn't not show enough of the monster, very little.

revefsreleets
01-27-2008, 07:30 PM
The monster is shown plenty...go see it. Well worth the $8.50.