PDA

View Full Version : PA: Dentist sexually assaulted patients

STEELtownHAVOX
01-17-2008, 10:41 AM
http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/news/15070166/detail.html

He is a Steelers fan....bah

MOUNT LEBANON, Pa. -- Dr. Robert J. Boyda Jr. turned himself Thursday morning at 8 a.m.

The dentist was accused of sexually assaulting some of his female patients after using anesthesia to numb them, Allegheny County police said Wednesday night.

Channel 4 Action News reporter Jon Greiner said that police have issued a warrant for Dr. Robert J. Boyda Jr., a Harvard-educated oral surgeon from Mount Lebanon who has offices in Scott and Robinson townships.

Police said they have filed 16 charges against Boyda, including indecent assault, sexual assault and involuntary deviate sexual intercourse.

Four patients, two of whom are juveniles, told Scott Township police that Boyda sexually assaulted them while they were under anesthesia in his office.

Some of the less graphic details in the criminal complaint allege that the first victim, who asked to remain anonymous, recalled Boyda exposing himself three to four times.

Another woman claimed he climbed up on the dentist's chair to assault her.

A third victim said that Boyda would dismount from on top of her when anyone came near the treatment room door, and a fourth victim reported that Boyda was rubbing her stomach and inner thigh.

The criminal complaint alleges that the women were assaulted between August 2006 and December 2007 after they had had their wisdom teeth taken out.

"I'm very familiar with allegations. I'm extremely confident in my guy's innocence," said Boyda's attorney, Bill Difenderfer. "I look forward to defending the case and getting it going. I'm extremely disappointed the commonwealth charged him with these allegations."

HometownGal
01-17-2008, 10:46 AM
I heard about this on the news last night.

My only question is this:

Four patients, two of whom are juveniles, told Scott Township police that Boyda sexually assaulted them while they were under anesthesia in his office.

If these girls were "under anesthesia", how did they know the dentist was fondling them and/or exposing himself?

The Duke
01-17-2008, 01:45 PM

If these girls were "under anesthesia", how did they know the dentist was fondling them and/or exposing himself?

that's what I'm asking myself

but damn, they better give this guy plenty of time in jail

who does this kind of things, last time I heard something lie this was on Seinfeld!

this idiot doesn't deserve to practice medicine ever in his life again! uh, and he shouldn't be allowed to be a steelers fan

Counselor
01-17-2008, 02:40 PM

With wisdom teeth extractions they often give people this "twilight" sleep anthestesia. You are not unaware of your surroundings, but it takes away most of the pain and you lose track of time. An hour feels like about 10 minutes. You can recall bits and pieces of the experience, but not the whole thing.
I did not have any "hallucinations" during or after my wisdom teeth extraction-----I don't think that is a common side effect, but it might be possible.

Everyone is innocent until proven guilty, but it doesn't look good for him.

HometownGal
01-17-2008, 03:26 PM
With wisdom teeth extractions they often give people this "twilight" sleep anthestesia. You are not unaware of your surroundings, but it takes away most of the pain and you lose track of time. An hour feels like about 10 minutes. You can recall bits and pieces of the experience, but not the whole thing.
I did not have any "hallucinations" during or after my wisdom teeth extraction-----I don't think that is a common side effect, but it might be possible.

Everyone is innocent until proven guilty, but it doesn't look good for him.

I was in one of those "twighlight sleeps" when I had my foot operated on in October. I can honestly say I don't remember one iota of anything except being wheeled into the OR and waking up in the recovery room (thank God).

I'm sure Difenderfer will be asking the same question I posed. I know him well and he's a barracuda - LOL! (I'm a little shocked Jimmy Ecker didn't grab this one!) One of the problems I see him facing in defending this guy is that there were 4 separate incidents which removes the collusion defense.

If he is found guilty, before he is hauled off to the pokey, each one of his victims should be permitted one weenie kick.

tony hipchest
01-17-2008, 03:57 PM
remind me to NEVER go to a male dentist to get my teeth "bleached".

:jerkit:

The Duke
01-17-2008, 04:00 PM

that.....that's just wrong :sofunny:

Dynasty
01-17-2008, 11:01 PM
i know the guy who supposedly did it, and believe me, he isn't the kind of person who would even consider doing something like that.

Rhee Rhee
01-17-2008, 11:30 PM
ive heard of this exact same kind of thing happening everywhere.. dentist seducing his basically unconsious patients... it's sickening...

Rhee Rhee
01-17-2008, 11:31 PM

HAHAHA!
where'd u find that smiley? hahaha

Borski
01-18-2008, 12:18 AM

open your mouth and say "AHHH"

oh thats bad lol

Proven Guilty
01-18-2008, 09:10 AM
Here's an idea, why don't we all wait until we find out if this guy is actually guilty. It sicken's me if he is proven guilty, but it sicken's me just as bad, if he is not proven guilty. Guilty or not he has already been dragged thru the press and his family and business have to suffer because these 4 women either colluded to extort money from him, or all simply imagined that this happened. If he is not proven guilty, I wonder if the press will show up at the homes of these 4 women and insist they come out to apologize to this guy. By all accounts, this is a stand up guy, involved in the community, and running a reputable business. For once, lets wait until he is proven guilty, before we ruin this guys life.

fansince'76
01-18-2008, 09:39 AM
Here's an idea, why don't we all wait until we find out if this guy is actually guilty. It sicken's me if he is proven guilty, but it sicken's me just as bad, if he is not proven guilty. Guilty or not he has already been dragged thru the press and his family and business have to suffer because these 4 women either colluded to extort money from him, or all simply imagined that this happened. If he is not proven guilty, I wonder if the press will show up at the homes of these 4 women and insist they come out to apologize to this guy. By all accounts, this is a stand up guy, involved in the community, and running a reputable business. For once, lets wait until he is proven guilty, before we ruin this guys life.

Yes, Mrs. Boyda.

HometownGal
01-18-2008, 11:35 AM
By all accounts, this is a stand up guy, involved in the community, and running a reputable business. For once, lets wait until he is proven guilty, before we ruin this guys life.

Supposedly so was Ted Bundy. Your point?

If this guy is proven guilty, he ruined his own life - not people on an internet BB.

CB1977
01-18-2008, 12:45 PM
Channel 4 Action News reporter Jon Greiner said that police have issued a warrant for Dr. Robert J. Boyda Jr., a Harvard-educated oral surgeon from Mount Lebanon who has offices in Scott and Robinson townships.

That explains alot!!! Sorry....

This world is full of sick people and he's one of them. If what he did was true, this man deserves to be put away for a long time!

I agree with ya HTG...a good "weenie kicking" should be in order as well!!!!! :banana:

MasterOfPuppets
01-18-2008, 02:36 PM
I agree with ya HTG...a good "weenie kicking" should be in order as well!!!!! what is it with women, that thier form of punishment for men, always revolves around the package ???:hunch:....is it penis envy ??? :hunch: think about it......have you ever heard a guy ,who's caught his women cheating ever talk about mutilating her genitals ??? have you ever heard a guy suggest that these child molesting women ,should have there genitals removed ???

HometownGal
01-18-2008, 02:55 PM
what is it with women, that thier form of punishment for men, always revolves around the package ???:hunch:....is it penis envy ??? :hunch: think about it......have you ever heard a guy ,who's caught his women cheating ever talk about mutilating her genitals ??? have you ever heard a guy suggest that these child molesting women ,should have there genitals removed ???

Aw shaddup MOP before I hunt you down and do the Lorena on you. :wink02::flap:

Nowhere has it been said here that we women wanted to "mutilate" or "remove" anyone's genitals. You guys have the tata twister - we got the weenie kick. :wink02:

MasterOfPuppets
01-18-2008, 03:05 PM
Aw shaddup MOP before I hunt you down and do the Lorena on you. :wink02::flap:

Nowhere has it been said here that we women wanted to "mutilate" or "remove" anyone's genitals. You guys have the tata twister - we got the weenie kick. :wink02::jawdrop:.....lol, you know darn well i'm right !!! so your tellin me you've NEVER suggested this form of punishment........? oh....and a "weenie kick",does fit into this catagorie......but a tata twister is nothing more than foreplay. :wink02:

HometownGal
01-18-2008, 03:12 PM
:jawdrop:.....lol, you know darn well i'm right !!! so your tellin me you've NEVER suggested this form of punishment........? oh....and a "weenie kick",does fit into this catagorie......but a tata twister is nothing more than foreplay. :wink02:

On an INTERNET BB - YES. In real life - NO.

P.S. As much as you are going to hate hearing this, MOP - NO, you aren't right. :flap:

MasterOfPuppets
01-18-2008, 03:31 PM

P.S. As much as you are going to hate hearing this, MOP - NO, you aren't right. :flap:ohhhhh....so internet Mar, is a seperate entity, with her own contrasting thoughts , opinions, and personality,as real life Mar.....interesting...:scratchchin:

CB1977
01-18-2008, 03:50 PM
what is it with women, that thier form of punishment for men, always revolves around the package ???:hunch:....is it penis envy ??? :hunch: think about it......have you ever heard a guy ,who's caught his women cheating ever talk about mutilating her genitals ??? have you ever heard a guy suggest that these child molesting women ,should have there genitals removed ???

Penis envy??? Why oh why oh why would we ever want anything hanging between our legs??? That's just so damn uncomfortable!!! Isn't it?

MasterOfPuppets
01-18-2008, 04:02 PM
Penis envy??? Why oh why oh why would we ever want anything hanging between our legs??? That's just so damn uncomfortable!!! Isn't it?
:toofunny:.....OMG.....so many replies just popped into my head, unfortunately, none of them are appropriate for this forum...:sofunny:

Dynasty
01-18-2008, 04:04 PM
ehhh... however uncomfortble it may be is offset by the convenience of peeing standing up.

Proven Guilty
01-18-2008, 04:26 PM
I can tell you guys are real interested in the original post topic. You children are all just interested in talking about genitals. Again, put yourselves in this guys shoes. Either he's guilty and he's going to get whats coming to him, or he's innocent and you guys have all already hung him. Either way he's screwed. Molesters are the lowest form of life, one notch below people who just want to lynch people at the slightest accusation regardless of due process. I prefer to hope this is all just a misunderstanding, and this guy, who's had not a single accusation against him before in his life, can go back to the life he's worked his whole life to acheive. You pin heads can just go back to talking about genitals, and putting funny faces on your clever little joke postings, that seems more important to you.

HometownGal
01-18-2008, 04:38 PM
I can tell you guys are real interested in the original post topic. You children are all just interested in talking about genitals. Again, put yourselves in this guys shoes. Either he's guilty and he's going to get whats coming to him, or he's innocent and you guys have all already hung him. Either way he's screwed. Molesters are the lowest form of life, one notch below people who just want to lynch people at the slightest accusation regardless of due process. I prefer to hope this is all just a misunderstanding, and this guy, who's had not a single accusation against him before in his life, can go back to the life he's worked his whole life to acheive. You pin heads can just go back to talking about genitals, and putting funny faces on your clever little joke postings, that seems more important to you.

Gee Proven Guilty - you are taking this all a bit personally, aren't you?

At least we're only talking about genitals, unlike what the good dentist is accused of doing.

MasterOfPuppets
01-18-2008, 04:38 PM
Either he's guilty and he's going to get whats coming to him, or he's innocent and you guys have all already hung him. Either way he's screwed. .i'd say this about sums it up, so whats left to discuss? his defence strategy ??? :shake01:

fansince'76
01-18-2008, 04:47 PM

Well, gee pal, I am not the judge or a member of the jury in this case, and I doubt any of the others in this thread are either, so who gives a shit what anybody here thinks about it - including you? And you're right, I really couldn't give a damn about the case, personally. Get a life.

tony hipchest
01-18-2008, 04:48 PM
Either he's guilty and he's going to get whats coming to him, or he's innocent and you guys have all already hung him. .

it sounds like he was "hung" all on his own. :banana: :smile:

Some of the less graphic details in the criminal complaint allege that the first victim, who asked to remain anonymous, recalled Boyda exposing himself three to four times.

Proven Guilty
01-18-2008, 05:00 PM
There is nothing funny about this situation for anyone involved can't you guys see that? I'm sorry, I know you guys just want to joke around, and I am not related in anyway to this guy, but you just have to admit that you're putting it out there as a joke for thousands of Steeler fans to read isn't helping either the girls if they were molested or the Doctor if he is innocent. Why not just leave the whole story alone until you actually know. Thats all I'm saying.

HometownGal
01-18-2008, 05:04 PM
There is nothing funny about this situation for anyone involved can't you guys see that? I'm sorry, I know you guys just want to joke around, and I am not related in anyway to this guy, but you just have to admit that you're putting it out there as a joke for thousands of Steeler fans to read isn't helping either the girls if they were molested or the Doctor if he is innocent. Why not just leave the whole story alone until you actually know. Thats all I'm saying.

This story has been all over the local news here in the Burgh and I'm relatively sure that we aren't the only people talking about it, PG. I'm also relatively sure that some of the thousands of Steelers fans who are reading this thread have already heard about this story and had their opinions formed before reading this thread.

fansince'76
01-18-2008, 05:09 PM

Here's a little advice - this thread is just one in a minor subforum of a Steelers message board. If you want serious discussion about the case with no BS, I would suggest looking here: http://chat.lawinfo.com/. If it already isn't being discussed there, by all means, raise the issue in a new thread.

CB1977
01-18-2008, 07:02 PM
i'd say this about sums it up, so whats left to discuss? his defence strategy ??? :shake01:

Hhhmmmmm, good idea. Maybe he can help out with my Brownies!!!

X-Terminator
01-18-2008, 10:21 PM
ohhhhh....so internet Mar, is a seperate entity, with her own contrasting thoughts , opinions, and personality,as real life Mar.....interesting...:scratchchin:

Don't know exactly what you're implying here, but I can tell you that Mar is not a phony or a fake. What you see here is what you get in RL.

MasterOfPuppets
01-18-2008, 11:24 PM
What you see here is what you get in RL.well thats what i thought too, but HTG says differently...
so your tellin me you've NEVER suggested this form of punishment........?
but anyhow, that comment was nothing but joking sarcasm. i certainly didn't think it would be taken seriously.