PDA

View Full Version : Selling my PSL's

rhino
01-17-2008, 02:51 PM
I'm moving and need to sell my PSL's. I have 2 seats in section 506. They are seats 1 and 2 - the aisle seats. Sitting on the aisle makes things real nice so you don't have to step over people every time you need to go to the bathroom or get some drinks.

The view of the whole field and scoreboard is great. Bathrooms, snacks, and a Steelers store are all within a few steps of the section.

Just to be clear, what I am offering is the Personal Seat License for two seats - that means if you buy these you have rights to buy Steelers season tickets and playoff tickets for as long as you decide to own them.

I am putting them up for best offer but will not accept less than the 12k I paid for them. Please contact me with any questions/offers.

jvm127@live.com

tony hipchest
01-17-2008, 02:53 PM
must be a sad day for you.

PisnNapalm
01-17-2008, 03:38 PM
Hmmm... Shouldn't the next person on the waiting list have a crack at these?

rhino
01-17-2008, 04:36 PM
Hmmm... Shouldn't the next person on the waiting list have a crack at these?

Sure they should if I decided to just give them back instead of sell them.

Stlrs4Life
01-17-2008, 08:06 PM
Rhino, why sell, keep the PSLs, and sell the tickets every year. I would never sell my PSL.

MasterOfPuppets
01-17-2008, 09:52 PM
Sitting on the aisle makes things real nice so you don't have to step over people every time you need to go to the bathroom or get some drinks.so instead of stepping over other people.....other people are stepping over you !!! :dang:
personally, i'd rather bother other people 3 or 4 times ,rather than have 25-30 people bother me 3 or 4 times each....:tap:

SteelersGirlTN7
01-17-2008, 10:34 PM
Rhino, why sell, keep the PSLs, and sell the tickets every year. I would never sell my PSL.

Absolutely - that's the way you should do it!! That's what my parents do. They usually end up seling the whole season to one person. Mom has put them up on Ebay for the last several years. Being in TN, I'm not in a position right now to where I can make it up there for all the games. But, I have told my dad he can sell the tickets every year if he wants right now, but he better will those 4 PSLs to me LOL. Someday I will be able to go to all the games!

19ward86
01-17-2008, 10:39 PM
12k..........ill get right on that, not teasing you, i would love to have that, i just couldnt imagine spending 12k at the age of 16, almost 17...haha.

Dynasty
01-17-2008, 10:54 PM
i agree with stlrs4life, you'd make a TON more money off those seats if you sold the individual ticets. stubhub is a good way to make some cash

nojobny
01-17-2008, 11:03 PM
OMG... why would you sell your seat license??!!! Esp now that the Steelers have made it soooo easy to sell your unwanted seats.

The new ticket exchange with Ticketmaster has been a godsend. I used it to replace lost tickets I had mailed to a friend. I was also able to sell seats I couldn't use because of a last minute business trip..

Keep your PSL...you'll kick yourself forever if you sell it.

Rhee Rhee
01-18-2008, 03:57 AM
how great those tickets sound...

so close yet so far away...

rhino
01-18-2008, 07:12 AM
I wish I could keep them but I just can't. Thanks for all the emails by the way. I'll do my best to get back to all of them as quickly as possible.

MasterOfPuppets
01-18-2008, 03:18 PM
:jawdrop:....... April Fools............. in January............. RIGHT?????:idea:....hey llyod, why don't ou grab those psl & tickets, and i'll go to a few games as your guest !!! :thumbsup: i'll even bring the beer !!! :cheers:

Steeler in Carolina
01-19-2008, 01:49 PM
Here's my question. How do the people on the waiting list ever move up if you can sell the PSL to whoever wants it? Do all the season ticket holders also have to buy a PSL? Also, if you just give it up, do the Steelers sell another PSL for those seats and make more money?

m4mica
01-19-2008, 02:38 PM
Here's my question. How do the people on the waiting list ever move up if you can sell the PSL to whoever wants it? Do all the season ticket holders also have to buy a PSL? Also, if you just give it up, do the Steelers sell another PSL for those seats and make more money?

Bottom line the waiting list is not moving or will move unless they add seats. All ticket holders have to buy a PSL. If you give it up you don't get your money back and the Steelers can resell to someone on the list.

These days if you really want season tickets, you're going to need to get a PSL from EBay, Craigslist, etc. In the past if you didn't want your tickets anymore you would just give up your spot as a season ticket holder and the Steelers would offer it to someone else. However, with the PSLs you can sell your right to season tickets to the highest bidder. There's no way someone is going to give them back to the Steelers and get no money when they could sell them for several thousand dollars. If you paid, say $1500 per seat for a PSL and could give them to the Steelers for free or sell them on Ebay for 10x that, the answer is obvious. It's unfortunate that the Steelers have essentially given up control of the season ticket rights, but for the $65M (or whatever it was) they generated when they started the PSLs I guess it was worth it.

sherlock
01-20-2008, 02:32 AM
Excuse my ignorance but do fans pay for a PSL as well as paying for the season ticket?

rhino
01-20-2008, 12:29 PM
I'm moving and need to sell my PSL's. I have 2 seats in section 506. They are seats 1 and 2 - the aisle seats. Sitting on the aisle makes things real nice so you don't have to step over people every time you need to go to the bathroom or get some drinks.

The view of the whole field and scoreboard is great. Bathrooms, snacks, and a Steelers store are all within a few steps of the section.

Just to be clear, what I am offering is the Personal Seat License for two seats - that means if you buy these you have rights to buy Steelers season tickets and playoff tickets for as long as you decide to own them.

I am putting them up for best offer but will not accept less than the 12k I paid for them. Please contact me with any questions/offers.

jvm127@live.com

Here is an ebay link to these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280193777896&_trksid=p3907.m32&_trkparms=tab%3DSelling

SteelersGirlTN7
01-20-2008, 08:21 PM
Excuse my ignorance but do fans pay for a PSL as well as paying for the season ticket?

In the beginning, you pay for the PSL. You don't continue to pay for it every year - it's what gives you the right to buy the tickets. But, you must buy your tickets every year, for each PSL that you have, or you are forfeiting your rights to the tickets.

MasterOfPuppets
01-24-2008, 11:19 AM
Sounds good to me MOP........ BUT........ after I buy them I'm probably going to have to move in with you.
WoodsonsGirl would NOT be happy!! :pin:

...... and she'd probably even have all her friends looking for me :pin: :pin: :pin: :pin: :pin:not happy ??? she gets to be our designated driver....:thumbsup:

MasterOfPuppets
01-24-2008, 11:47 AM
That's not gonna work. She's not allowed anywhere close to the city of Pittsburgh on gameday. Every game I've ever taken her to they've lost. She's banned from attending anymore games........ which in all actuality works out really good for you. If I buy these PSL's I'll definitely need someone to go along to the games!
:dang:.....i guess we'll have to designate one of her friends to drive....does she have any better lookin friends than these...:pin::pin::pin::pin::pin:

tony hipchest
01-24-2008, 12:00 PM
:dang:.....i guess we'll have to designate one of her friends to drive....does she have any better lookin friends than these...:pin::pin::pin::pin::pin:

:chuckle:

MasterOfPuppets
01-25-2008, 12:49 PM
tony's startin trouble again......:couch:

tony hipchest
01-25-2008, 01:20 PM
ps... you could've used a better picture of me! :flap:agreed.

who the hell wants to see lloyds manbush so soon after lunch. :dang:

:puke:

tony hipchest
01-25-2008, 02:39 PM
http://www.freewebtown.com/fatmatt/pictures/redneck.jpg

Enjoy the ride Girls!! wow. you can totally tell this picture was taken halfway between baltimore and philadelphia!

Preacher
01-25-2008, 05:58 PM
Joe Carpenter called.
He's unable to drive you and the Tavernknuckle Sweetie to the games.
Something about not being able to read a map.
Anyhow, he's sending his two cousins to take his place. :toofunny:

http://www.freewebtown.com/fatmatt/pictures/redneck.jpg

Enjoy the ride Girls!!

Hey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How did you get a picture of me and FanSince?

(BTW... I am the good looking one!)

:sofunny:

Steeler in Carolina
01-25-2008, 06:53 PM
Bottom line the waiting list is not moving or will move unless they add seats. All ticket holders have to buy a PSL. If you give it up you don't get your money back and the Steelers can resell to someone on the list.

These days if you really want season tickets, you're going to need to get a PSL from EBay, Craigslist, etc. In the past if you didn't want your tickets anymore you would just give up your spot as a season ticket holder and the Steelers would offer it to someone else. However, with the PSLs you can sell your right to season tickets to the highest bidder. There's no way someone is going to give them back to the Steelers and get no money when they could sell them for several thousand dollars. If you paid, say $1500 per seat for a PSL and could give them to the Steelers for free or sell them on Ebay for 10x that, the answer is obvious. It's unfortunate that the Steelers have essentially given up control of the season ticket rights, but for the $65M (or whatever it was) they generated when they started the PSLs I guess it was worth it.

Thanks for the info. I had always heard about the PSL's but I didn't realize that all the seats had a PSL. I guess it does no good to get on the waiting list now.

Stlrs4Life
02-02-2008, 12:55 PM

The End Zone Seats in the closed end are not PSL seats. I have 3 there, and 1 PSL seat in Sec 514.

Stlrs4Life
02-02-2008, 12:58 PM

Yes, the PSL fee was a 1 time charged depending on where the seat was located. After that, you pay for season tickets every year.