PDA

View Full Version : Interesting read!

Stlrs4Life
01-17-2008, 08:47 PM
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) -- Carolina Panthers owner Jerry Richardson said Wednesday he never considered firing coach John Fox and general manager Marty Hurney, and is convinced the duo can put the struggling franchise back in the playoffs.

In a rare meeting with reporters, Richardson confirmed the two men will return next season, but suggested the team will make many personnel moves after consecutive non-winning seasons.

"I asked them what they thought they wanted our football team to look like," Richardson said. "They told me and I said it's real important that we all agree. We agreed."

Richardson said the plan involves emulating the hard-nosed style of the Pittsburgh Steelers.

"You know how I feel about the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Rooney family," Richardson said. "I would like for the Carolina Panthers and our team, and our work, and the way we operate our team, to emulate the Pittsburgh Steelers -- and John and Marty know that."

xXTheSteelKingsXx
01-17-2008, 08:52 PM
Might be hinting that he is trying to grab Cower.

HometownGal
01-17-2008, 09:03 PM
I've always believed that if Cowher is going to coach anywhere, it will be in Charlotte in 2009. It's a win-win for Cowher and the Panthers. Unless John Fox wins a SB in 2008, I believe Cowher will be the Panthers new HC in 2009.

MasterOfPuppets
01-17-2008, 09:17 PM
how deep are richardsons pockets ??? :hunch:

SteelCityMan786
01-17-2008, 09:25 PM
I've always believed that if Cowher is going to coach anywhere, it will be in Charlotte in 2009. It's a win-win for Cowher and the Panthers. Unless John Fox wins a SB in 2008, I believe Cowher will be the Panthers new HC in 2009.

As much as I think if Cowher is going to come back it would be with the Panthers, I still can not see him coaching again. He seems to just love his job with CBS that I can't see him go from there unless he lands a job with ESPN.

Rhee Rhee
01-17-2008, 09:55 PM
As much as I think if Cowher is going to come back it would be with the Panthers, I still can not see him coaching again. He seems to just love his job with CBS that I can't see him go from there unless he lands a job with ESPN.

agreed! he seems so happy with shannon dan and boomer...

personally i would never like to see him coach for another team... he just doesn't match any team except the steelers... (wow that was a selfish thing to say)

RoethlisBURGHer
01-18-2008, 07:22 AM
Well, why wouldn't you want to emmulate one of the most successful teams in the league?

Who would you rather wanna be like:

The Pittsburgh Steelers or the Cininnati Bengals?

HometownGal
01-18-2008, 07:26 AM

You know the old saying, Matt . . . money talks . . . .

I believe if the Panthers threw $9-$10 mil per year at Cowher, he would bite in a heartbeat. As I said, it's a win-win situation for him and his family, as well as the Panthers. Personally, I enjoy him on the NFL Today, but there were a lot of times this season where I felt he was just itching to get back on that field.

kmsteelerwr15
01-18-2008, 01:07 PM
the panthers fans take them emulating the Steelers too seriously..they always seem to be Steelers fans when the panthers are at the cellar.

Lord Stiller
01-18-2008, 01:14 PM
I still can not see him coaching again. He seems to just love his job with CBS that I can't see him go from there unless he lands a job with ESPN.

I disagree. When I see Cowher on CBS, he looks like he is itchin' to get back on the sidelines. He gets all fired up and obviously still has a passion for the game

One more year off (maybe 2) and he will be back

memphissteelergirl
01-18-2008, 01:52 PM

:iagree: