PDA

View Full Version : What if Otah is gone?

Rhee Rhee
01-19-2008, 01:12 AM
As i look at many mockdrafts and hear everyone's opinion i get the feeling that we have all taken a liking to jeff otah...

my question to you is if he's gone by the time we take AND if talib, cason and baker (and all the other guys projected to go before we pick) are gone... who would u guys pick?

my personal decision would be either kentwan balmer UNC, Leodis Mckelvin or worst case scenario godser cherilus... i honestly don't believe cherilus is worth a first and maybe chris williams... but williams concerns me with his ability as a run blocker...

xXTheSteelKingsXx
01-19-2008, 10:47 AM
If Michael Oher is still on the board we would probably grab him.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-19-2008, 11:18 AM
If Michael Oher is still on the board we would probably grab him.

:iagree:

MasterOfPuppets
01-19-2008, 02:18 PM
:iagree:oher is returning to school.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/news/excnews.php?newscategory=21

DACEB
01-19-2008, 02:41 PM
It's early but from what I've seen and read so far, I would have no problem with taking Balmer for DE. I could see a solid D-lineman helping our defense trmendously.

If the scenerio you explained played out that would mean quality RBs and WRs would still be on the board. I have no problem taking a RB as long as he could help returning also. I have no problem taking a WR either as long as he's at least 6'3". That limits the field on both counts, but it's guys we've all been talking about.

If we cannot get the OT that we want, I would like to see a stud for the D-line.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-19-2008, 02:55 PM
oher is returning to school.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/news/excnews.php?newscategory=21

Thanks MOP...I had been waiting to hear, but have been off the net for a couple of days:thumbsup:
That sucks...but I think we can still get value in the first

lilyoder6
01-19-2008, 04:01 PM
i see u don't read my posts... :(.... any way james davis is returning to school as well...

MasterOfPuppets
01-19-2008, 05:43 PM
i see u don't read my posts... :(.... any way james davis is returning to school as well...:mg:..........:huh:

lilyoder6
01-19-2008, 07:08 PM
in anthoer thread i stated that oher was staying in school.. i was just joking about how ppl really look into my posts.... lol.. but i was just messing around..

Rhee Rhee
01-20-2008, 03:42 AM
It's early but from what I've seen and read so far, I would have no problem with taking Balmer for DE. I could see a solid D-lineman helping our defense trmendously.

If the scenerio you explained played out that would mean quality RBs and WRs would still be on the board. I have no problem taking a RB as long as he could help returning also. I have no problem taking a WR either as long as he's at least 6'3". That limits the field on both counts, but it's guys we've all been talking about.

If we cannot get the OT that we want, I would like to see a stud for the D-line.

he'd give us versaltiliy as he is interchangable at DE in a 3-4 and a DT in a 4-3...

a RB in the first is a little fishy but ill go with it... he better be a STUD returner if he's gonna go in the first... the WR pick looks better at this point than the RB one..

Jeremy
01-20-2008, 08:52 AM
he'd give us versaltiliy as he is interchangable at DE in a 3-4 and a DT in a 4-3...

a RB in the first is a little fishy but ill go with it... he better be a STUD returner if he's gonna go in the first... the WR pick looks better at this point than the RB one..

God save us from DE/OLB combos who can't play either position at a high level.

MasterOfPuppets
01-20-2008, 01:39 PM
God save us from DE/OLB combos who can't play either position at a high level.actually , i think thier talking about,a 290 lb DE/DT, to replace smith/keisel.

Rhee Rhee
01-21-2008, 03:15 AM
actually , i think thier talking about,a 290 lb DE/DT, to replace smith/keisel.

what he said..

brsteelers
02-20-2008, 01:30 PM
There are other tackles and guards out there. Otah could very well be gone by the time we pick. Some other guys that may be around are Sam Baker, Nicks, and Cherilus (at tackle).