PDA

View Full Version : Police on scene at standoff at Steelers player's home

lilyoder6
01-19-2008, 07:43 PM
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribunereview/news/breaking/s_548319.html

the inside scoop( one of my brother's lives in blue heron and this is what he his saying, that he is hearing) is saying that cedrick wilson broke up with his girlfriend and she went nuts and pulled a gun on him..

By Jeremy Boren
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Saturday, January 19, 2008

Northern Regional Police evacuated residents of a Pine housing plan today during a standoff with someone inside a home.
A dispatcher said the standoff was located at 131 Blue Heron Road. County property records show the house at that address being owned by Cedrick C. Wilson.

Police refused to release details of the reason for the standoff, which began about 1:30 p.m. in the Blue Heron Ridge housing plan off Wexford Bayne Road.

Residents who live close to the home that officers in more than a dozen police cars monitored were not permitted to return to their homes.

Preacher
01-19-2008, 07:52 PM
Dang.

I hope everything turns out ok.

If it turns out he has done something wrong... prosecute him... as much as possible. If not... prosecute her. Period.

lilyoder6
01-19-2008, 09:14 PM
this was updated from earlier..... i hope evrything turns out fine

Northern Regional Police evacuated residents of a Pine housing plan today during a standoff with someone inside a home.
A dispatcher said the standoff was located at 131 Blue Heron Road. County property records show the house at that address being owned by Cedrick C. Wilson.

Police refused to release details of the reason for the standoff, which began about 1:30 p.m. in the Blue Heron Ridge housing plan off Wexford Bayne Road.

Residents who live close to the home that officers in more than a dozen police cars monitored were not permitted to return to their homes.

Northern Regional Police Chief Robert Amman said the evacuation was a safety precaution, but he would not elaborate.
Steelers spokesman Dave Lockett said he was aware of some kind of situation at the home of Steelers' wide receiver Cedrick Wilson, but Lockett declined to comment.

nojobny
01-20-2008, 01:34 AM
Standoff at Steeler player's home disrupts Pine neighborhood
Sunday, January 20, 2008
By Jim McKinnon, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/images/200801/20080120jb_wilson1_500.jpg
Police were called to the scene of a dispute in Pine and neighbors were forced to leave their homes. Neighbors said the incident was at a house owned by Steelers wide receiver Cedrick Wilson.

Police were called to the home of Pittsburgh Steelers receiver Cedrick Wilson in Pine yesterday after receiving an emergency call about a woman threatening to commit suicide.

Police responded to the scene early yesterday afternoon and after a short while, several residents were forced to leave their homes and others were prevented from entering the neighborhood.

Police would not discuss the nature of the dispute at the house, but residents said the house was owned by Mr. Wilson. It was not immediately clear whether Mr. Wilson was inside, but neighbors said they believed he had been out of town.

As the drama continued to unfold into the night, police barricaded traffic from entering Blue Heron Drive, a cul-de-sac that runs off Route 910. Ambulances and fire trucks also were on the scene.

Around 8:30 p.m., a county SWAT team also arrived on the scene, as temperatures dropped below 20 degrees.

Earlier in the day, a line of cars was backed up on Route 910, as residents tried to get back to their homes.

A large contingent of news media were on the scene, but reporters and cameramen were prevented from entering the housing plan.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08020/850780-66.stm

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-20-2008, 04:58 AM
Standoff at Steeler player's home disrupts Pine neighborhood
Sunday, January 20, 2008

Police were called to the scene of a dispute in Pine and neighbors were forced to leave their homes. Neighbors said the incident was at a house owned by Steelers wide receiver Cedrick Wilson.Police were called to the home of Pittsburgh Steelers receiver Cedrick Wilson in Pine yesterday after receiving an emergency call about a woman threatening to commit suicide.

Police responded to the scene early yesterday afternoon and after a short while, several residents were forced to leave their homes and others were prevented from entering the neighborhood.

Police would not discuss the nature of the dispute at the house, but residents said the house was owned by Mr. Wilson. It was not immediately clear whether Mr. Wilson was inside, but neighbors said they believed he had been out of town.

As the drama continued to unfold into the night, police barricaded traffic from entering Blue Heron Drive, a cul-de-sac that runs off Route 910. Ambulances and fire trucks also were on the scene.

Around 8:30 p.m., a county SWAT team also arrived on the scene, as temperatures dropped below 20 degrees.

Earlier in the day, a line of cars was backed up on Route 910, as residents tried to get back to their homes.

A large contingent of news media were on the scene, but reporters and cameramen were prevented from entering the housing plan.

Galax Steeler
01-20-2008, 06:30 AM
I read where wilson was not in the house I hope everyone is ok and glad wilson was not involved in it.

HometownGal
01-20-2008, 07:46 AM
Update: the standoff ended shortly after midnight with no one getting hurt, thank God. Cedric Wilson was not inside the house but was called to the scene around 5 PM. I hope this young woman gets the help she so obviously needs.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribunereview/news/breaking/s_548394.html

A nearly 12-hour standoff in Pine home of Steelers wide receiver Cedrick Wilson ended peacefully early this morning when police took his girlfriend into custody, police said.

Lindsey Paulat, 26, of Tarentum has been charged with aggravated assault and recklessly endangering another person, said Robert Amman of the Northern Regional Police Department.

She was taken into custody at 12:48 a.m. today. The standoff began at 1 p.m. Saturday and resulted in the evacuation of residents in the housing plan.

"We were looking for a peaceful resolution. We did not move quickly to enter the home. We wanted to end the confrontation peacefully," Amman said.

Amman said that Wilson and Paulat got into an argument at 7 a.m. yesterday morning, and Wilson left the house at about noon. Paulat's mother came to the house to talk to her, and two shots were fired from a .35mm handgun owned by Wilson.

No one was injured.

Paulat's mother left, and police were called.

Amman said that Paulat initially did not want to talk to police or negotiators. She had only one demand, and that was to talk to Wilson. Wilson returned to the scene at 5 p.m., but did not speak to Paulat.

"He's OK; he's fine," said Steelers spokesman Dave Lockett.

Wilson could not be reached last night for comment.

During negotiations, Paulat became upset and distraught, Amman said. She threatened to harm herself. She was alone in the house. Paulat is the mother of an infant, but the infant was not with her, Amman said. It was not immediately clear if the infant is Wilson's child.

"She was extremely upset and not being forthcoming with us initially, so it took some time to get through to her," he said.

Paulat was watching television coverage of the standoff and police cut her satellite TV service. Authorities cut the gas service at 10 p.m. yesterday.

"It ended peacefully. It was a good operation. And it was good cooperation between three major departments -- our department along with Ross Township, their CERT team, Allegheny County Police and city police," Amman said.

Paulat was taken to the Northern Regional Police station, and authorities were trying to determine where she should be taken.

County 911 dispatch said law enforcement learned of trouble at 131 Blue Heron Drive when it received an emergency call about a female in the house.

Gretchen Dunn, who lives about 10 homes from the Wilson house, said she was evacuated at 2 p.m. By 10 p.m., police presence in the neighborhood had increased sharply, Dunn said.

"There are at least 10 more police cars that have come in, and also an armored Allegheny County Police vehicle," she said.

"They are parking so they cannot be seen from the house with the problem. They are also all turning their headlights off. It's like a ghost town," she said.

"This started at 1 p.m. At first, the police were nonchalant about it. An hour later, they went door to door, evacuating people," she said.

At least four police departments responded: Northern Regional, Franklin Park, Allegheny County and Pittsburgh. The Allegheny County Sheriff's Office also was on scene. The Allegheny County SWAT team and the county sheriff arrived at 8:20 p.m.

More than a dozen police cars sat at the entrance to the housing plan, some with their lights on. They had barricaded the street just beyond the first cross street in the plan.

Dunn said police allowed her back into her house at about 6 p.m. But even several hours later, about 40 homes in the neighborhood remained evacuated, she said.

"People have said this was a domestic dispute. This seems like much more than a domestic dispute. I don't understand why they have evacuated the whole development. I feel bad for people who cannot get in," Dunn said.

The first homes in the development, located on the southern edge of Pine, opened about three years ago, and there are homes still under construction there.

Atlanta Dan
01-20-2008, 08:01 AM
The police do what they have to do, but evacuate the neighborhood?

Wilson is lucky his gun was not used on him

Glad nobody was harmed

lilyoder6
01-20-2008, 10:17 AM
nice to see no one got hurt... my brother was pissed b/c he couldn't get out of the house to go to work.. lol

Preacher
01-20-2008, 11:08 AM
The police do what they have to do, but evacuate the neighborhood?

Wilson is lucky his gun was not used on him

Glad nobody was harmed

Yep.

I am also glad to see Wilson use his head and REMOVE HIMSELF from what, at that point, was a potentially violent situation. The fact that it escalated after he left showed that (if he did leave for that reason) he made a very good decision.

lilyoder6
01-20-2008, 11:14 AM
yeah, smart move by him, could be a dif story if he would of stayed..

83-Steelers-43
01-20-2008, 11:16 AM
Very true. If he would have gained control of the gun he probably would have dropped it. :banana:

Ced needs to keep dat ho in check yo. Keep that pimp hand strong. Peace out my Steeler brotha's and sista's. :peace:

Preacher
01-20-2008, 11:20 AM
Very true. If he would have gained control of the gun he probably would have dropped it. :banana:

We need a smiley, where the guy puts his head in his hand and just shakes it... with a slight smile!

Godfather
01-20-2008, 10:11 PM
Ced needs to kick her to the curb.

And live at the team facility where there's security.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-21-2008, 06:30 AM
Ced needs to kick her to the curb.

And live at the team facility where there's security.

Is Cedrick dating Chris Henry's sister?

STEELtownHAVOX
01-21-2008, 02:19 PM
Is Cedrick dating Chris Henry's sister?

nope, pacmans

83-Steelers-43
01-21-2008, 02:42 PM
Steeler player's girlfriend to be arraigned in standoff
Monday, January 21, 2008
By Torsten Ove, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The girlfriend of a Pittsburgh Steelers player arrested at his house in Pine after an 11-hour standoff on Sunday is expected to be arraigned today in city court on charges of aggravated assault and reckless endangerment.

Lindsey Paulat, 26, of Fawn, is accused of shooting two shots inside the home of Cedrick Wilson, a Steelers receiver.

Northern Regional Police said the woman, who has a child with Mr. Wilson, argued with him on Saturday.

He left, but later her mother came to the house to calm her down. The child, who is about 14 months old, was being cared for by a relative.

Police said Ms. Paulat fired two shots with a pistol owned by Mr. Wilson, which she recovered from a dresser drawer, after which neighbors who heard the shots called 911.

Ms. Paulat's mother wasn't hit but left the house. Police arrived at about 1 p.m. and called in the county's SWAT team. Mr. Wilson returned to the scene later and provided police with information to help them negotiate with Ms. Paulat.

Shortly before 1 a.m., she gave up and threw the gun out the front door.

Some neighbors complained that surrounding homes were evacuated during the incident, but that's a standard procedure for SWAT standoffs.

Police yesterday were trying to determine if Mr. Wilson has a permit to carry his gun.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08021/851003-100.stm

Atlanta Dan
01-21-2008, 03:24 PM
She shot at her Mom?:jawdrop:

That's cold

HometownGal
01-21-2008, 03:48 PM
The girlfriend of a Pittsburgh Steelers player arrested at his house in Pine after an 11-hour standoff on Sunday is expected to be arraigned today in city court on charges of aggravated assault and reckless endangerment.

Hopefully, the next article I read on this topic will contain the words "ex-girlfriend". Cedric - dump that loon!

revefsreleets
01-21-2008, 04:00 PM
I know why Ced was with her now...

"Messed in the head, great in bed".

lilyoder6
01-21-2008, 09:04 PM
lol.. how are going to shoot ur mom??? i mean if evryone hated u.. ur mom would always love u.. at least i would hope..

melroseplace
01-22-2008, 02:07 PM
it's been reported all over that it was his gf...from what I'm hearing it was an ex, my friend knows his current gf

tony hipchest
01-22-2008, 02:57 PM
Is Cedrick dating Chris Henry's sister?does anyone remember about 2 years ago we had a young teenage poster here who said cedric wilson was dating his sister and hanging out at his house?

he was getting razzed a bit, but he finally produced pictures. i'll have to see if i can find the link.

EDIT:

BadaBing!- is "hines alou" related to the psycho in question...

http://forums.steelersfever.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=86874

So my sister met cedrick wilson, WR for the Steelers, and they were hangin out at my house while me and some of my boys were doin a fantasy baseball draft. It was sweet as hell, not gonna lie.

He told me my first steeler video was shown to the Steelers before the Super Bowl as a pump up, we talked about the upcoming draft, bout the Steelers, it was just sweet overall. He was on the phone with chris hope in my kitchenand told him "Man this dude here knows more sports then anyone I ever met" (referring to me ). Then we talked about TO and his situation, and he made some hilarious remark saying "Man, Bledsoe couldnt throw anything into a pond."

Overall just a sweet night. He may not be the best reciever in the league, but it was sweet to hang out with a dude in the NFL. He's definately a really nice guy too.

83-Steelers-43
01-23-2008, 04:10 PM
Steelers' Wilson gets protection order against girlfriend
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
The Associated Press

Steelers receiver Cedrick Wilson has obtained a protection-from-abuse order against his girlfriend, who is charged with firing two shots in the player's home.

Lindsey Paulat, 26, of Fawn, is charged with aggravated assault and reckless endangerment in the incident Saturday. She remains in custody and her family has said they won't comment on the case.

Police say Ms. Paulat fired two shots from Mr. Wilson's gun after they got in an argument, but after Mr. Wilson left the home in Pine. Police say Ms. Paulat refused to surrender for about 12 hours, prompting them to evacuate some neighbors.

Steelers spokesman Dave Lockett says Mr. Wilson filed for the court order yesterday.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08023/851452-66.stm

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
01-24-2008, 07:23 PM
and more - Gun vs protection order - no contest.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_549002.html

Steelers WR Wilson says he fears ex is threat to his life
By Bobby Kerlik
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Thursday, January 24, 2008

Steelers wide receiver Cedrick Wilson said he fears his ex-girlfriend will kill him if she gets access to a gun, according to court records released Wednesday.

In a protection-from-abuse order filed Tuesday, Wilson described the argument with Lindsey Paulat that began Saturday morning at his Pine home and led to a 12-hour police standoff.

In seeking the court order, Wilson wrote that he left his residence after an argument and that Paulat, 26, of Fawn later called him, saying, "I have a gun and am going to shoot myself." She later called him a second time and said, "I shot the gun but missed my head," according to the order.

Police evacuated parts of the neighborhood during the standoff, which ended with Paulat's surrender about 1 a.m. Sunday. Wilson and Paulat have a daughter, Amya, 1. He also has a son, Cedrick Wilson Jr., 12, who has a different mother.

83-Steelers-43
01-24-2008, 08:32 PM
Steelers WR Wilson says he fears ex is threat to his life

Ya think? Crazy lady is firing shots off in your house Ced. Who knows what this lady is capable of? No wonder they evacuated the neighborhood.

lilyoder6
01-24-2008, 08:37 PM
how can u miss ur head??? this lady must be dillusional too miss ur head..

83-Steelers-43
01-24-2008, 09:05 PM
how can u miss ur head??? this lady must be dillusional too miss ur head..

One word...............................crack.

83-Steelers-43
01-28-2008, 04:20 PM
Steelers receiver Wilson agrees to drop PFA
By Bobby Kerlik
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Monday, January 28, 2008

Steelers wide receiver Cedrick Wilson agreed this morning to withdraw a protection-from-abuse order against his ex-girlfriend after both parties consented to a no-contact order and shared custody of their 1-year-old daughter.

Wilson, who appeared in Allegheny County Common Pleas Court, declined comment and left through a back entrance to avoid photographers.

Wilson filed for the PFA last week against Lindsey Paulat, 26, of Fawn, after she kept police at bay outside his Pine home during a 12-hour standoff. Paulat threatened to kill herself with Wilson's gun and fired the gun several times inside the home, according to Wilson's PFA.

Paulat is receiving treatment at Mercy Behavior Clinic and was not present in court.

According to the consent agreement, the former couple agreed to have no contact with each other and will share custody of their daughter, Amya Wilson. Paulat's custody will be supervised by her parents until a doctor agrees that Paulat can be with her daughter alone.

Wilson's attorney, Paul Goltz, said the argument stemmed from Wilson ending the couple's relationship.

"He's a peaceful guy," Goltz said. "Sometimes relationships have to come to an end."

Paulat's attorneys, Michael and Jerome DeRiso, said Paulat is improving with treatment.

"It was a build-up of a lot of personal issues," Jerome DeRiso said. "She's embarrassed and hurt."

Police evacuated parts of the neighborhood during the standoff, which ended with Paulat's surrender about 1 a.m. Jan. 20. The couple argued earlier in the day and Wilson left. Paulat then called a friend and fired the gun inside the house while talking, Wilson said in the PFA. Paulat's mother went to the home in the afternoon and Paulat again fired the gun inside the home. Her mother then left, according to the PFA.

Wilson also has a son, Cedrick Wilson Jr., 12, who has a different mother. Neither of the children were home at the time of the incident, police said.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/s_549677.html

83-Steelers-43
02-01-2008, 06:16 PM
Standoff charge amended for girlfriend of Steelers' Wilson
Friday, February 01, 2008

Charges were amended today for the former girlfriend of Steelers wide receiver Cedrick Wilson, and she waived her right to a preliminary hearing.

Lindsey Paulat of Fawn, who is the mother of Mr. Wilson's 14-month old daughter, remains free on an unsecured $50,000 bond, pending further proceedings.

She had been charged with aggravated assault and reckless endangerment in connection with a 12-hour standoff Jan. 19 at Mr. Wilson's home in Pine.

Assistant District Attorney Jennifer Evashavik today withdrew the charges at a hearing before District Judge Regis C. Welsh Jr. in Hampton.

However, police today charged Ms. Paulat, 26, with firing a gun inside a structure during the standoff, which also is a felony count.

The couple had been living together in Pine with their daughter and Mr. Wilson's 12-year-old son, said her lawyer, Michael DeRiso.

Their relationship soured because Mr. Wilson flaunted his accessibility to other women, Mr. DeRiso said.

On Jan. 19, the couple argued, and Ms. Paulat threatened to shoot herself with Mr. Wilson's pistol.

Since then, Mr. Wilson has filed for, and withdrawn, a protection from abuse petition against Ms. Paulat.

The two signed a consent order by which they would share custody of their daughter.

Ms. Paulat now is seeking criminal charges and a PFA against her baby's father on charges that he has harassed her and her parents, with whom she now lives.

Mr. DeRiso said Mr. Wilson has sent a number of cell phone text messages to her parents that are "very aggressive, insulting and degrading."

"He called her father a pimp," in one message, the lawyer said, and, "he said she was only good for one thing."

The messages, Mr. DeRiso said, are violations of the consent order.

Mr. Wilson's attorney, Paul Goltz, said his client sent messages to Ms. Paulat's father's cell phone in response to messages initiated from there.

He denied that any of Mr. Wilson's responses was vulgar or insulting.

"He's never been abusive to her," Mr. Goltz said. "They were trying to aggravate him."

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08032/854050-66.stm

83-Steelers-43
02-01-2008, 06:24 PM
"He called her father a pimp," in one message, the lawyer said, and, "he said she was only good for one thing."

Ohhhhhh snap! No he didn't!!! He did not just call his baby's momma's father a pimp!!!! Go Cedrick! Go Cedrick! Go Cedrick!

http://media.yourtv20.com/images/MP320_93.jpg

I TAKE CARE OF MY KIDS!!!! WHATEVA, WHATEVA. I DO WHAT I WANT!!!

Atlanta Dan
02-01-2008, 06:31 PM
Based on these post-hearing comments today, it sounds like a reconciliation is not in the cards:

The ex-girlfriend of Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Cedrick Wilson says he encouraged her to commit suicide during events leading to her armed standoff at his home last month. Wilson denied the accusation through his lawyer

Police withdrew charges of aggravated assault and reckless endangerment against the woman, Lindsey Paulat, on Friday. But she waived her right to a preliminary hearing and will stand trial on a new felony charge, discharging a firearm in an occupied structure.

After the hearing, Paulat said Wilson urged her to shoot herself after he left his house. She stayed in the house and later held police at bay for about 12 hours. She surrendered in the early hours of Jan. 20 and was taken to a mental health facility, authorities said.

"I had called him and said, 'You hurt me so bad you make me want to die,"' Paulat told KDKA-TV. "And he said, 'The gun is loaded, go get it and kill yourself."'

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/nfl/02/01/wilson.suicide.ap/index.html

83-Steelers-43
02-01-2008, 06:40 PM
'The gun is loaded, go get it and kill yourself."'

Hey, she said she wanted to die, Ced was just giving her some helpful advice. I don't see the problem here.

83-Steelers-43
02-03-2008, 06:27 AM
Paulat no longer faces aggravated assault and reckless endangerment charges; but the 26-year-old is being charged with discharging a weapon.

http://www.wpxi.com/sports/15195068/detail.html

Ummm...if firing off a weapon inside your house while there are occupants inside the house (nearly hitting your own mother) is not considered reckless endangerment, I don't know what is.

My question, if it were Cedrick (the male) doing the shooting and not some psycho bimbo who found her meal ticket, would the charges stick?

Crazy lady.