PDA

View Full Version : James Harrison is a throwback

jjpro11
01-20-2008, 12:04 AM
i just wanted to throw it out there that james harrison is probably the closest we've seen to the mentality of greg lloyd on the football field. he isnt out there chatting it up and making friends with the opposition like we see so often.. he isnt going to help his opponent up and pat him on the behind after a tackle. he doesnt run his mouth for intimidation, his presence alone is intimidating enough. the way he recovers fumbles by standing over the pile and ripping the ball away from everyone is pure badass. i really enjoyed watching him play this year.

Rhee Rhee
01-20-2008, 04:31 AM
the way he recovers fumbles by standing over the pile and ripping the ball away from everyone is pure badass.

couldn't have put it better myself... a true pro that plays the game of football 110%

Galax Steeler
01-20-2008, 07:28 AM
I hope harrison can continue where he left off this year he is a play maker.

RoethlisBURGHer
01-20-2008, 09:57 AM
Watching him play this year makes me wish we woulda cut Porter after we won the Super Bowl.

Jeremy
01-20-2008, 10:05 AM
LOL

Whatever.....Harrison would have never made the two deep when the Steelers have Lloyd and Greene playing OLB.

jjpro11
01-20-2008, 10:45 AM
LOL

Whatever.....Harrison would have never made the two deep when the Steelers have Lloyd and Greene playing OLB.

i said he has lloyd's type of mentality.. i didnt say he was better than lloyd or greene.

Jeremy
01-20-2008, 10:46 AM
i said he has lloyd's type of mentality.. i didnt say he was better than lloyd or greene.

I'll agree with that. But he's not in the same league as Lloyd or Greene.

The Duke
01-20-2008, 10:58 AM

that's for sure, but he's the one that comes closest to

tell me another OLB in the NFL right now that has that kind of attitude and who's presence alone intimidates people( roids merriman doesn't count :flap:)

he isn't going to help his opponent up and pat him on the behind after a tackle.

that does seems to be common for today's players :dang:

Jeremy
01-20-2008, 11:37 AM
that's for sure, but he's the one that comes closest to

tell me another OLB in the NFL right now that has that kind of attitude and who's presence alone intimidates people( roids merriman doesn't count :flap:)

that does seems to be common for today's players :dang:

And it was common in the 70s too.

Steeldude
01-20-2008, 01:10 PM

greene was strictly a pass rusher. he wasn't so good against the run or pass. greene was basically one dimensional, but he was good at that particular dimension :smile:

harrison is a different type of LB than greene. he is more versatile. don't get me wrong here. greene was a very integral part of steelers' defense. he was our best pass rusher in a very long time, if not the best ever. harrison will never be the pass rusher that greene was, but he does other things better. well at least this past season it appears so. consistency is the key. i hope he will be even better in 2008. perhaps woodley will eat up the left side and alleviate some pressure on harrison's side :smile:

one thing is for certain. the steelers need a stellar LB corps, not a group of LBs solely making plays as a result of the zone blitz scheme.

19ward86
01-20-2008, 01:16 PM
actually harrison talks a lot of smack, they had a soundbite on him on one of the shows before the steelers-jags game.

The Duke
01-20-2008, 01:18 PM
actually harrison talks a lot of smack, they had a soundbite on him on one of the shows before the steelers-jags game.

yeah, he talks......when he is talked to, then he doesn't stop

he never starts it unlike Joey

steelers2685
01-20-2008, 01:20 PM
Harrison is a badass, and I just wish he could've CRUSHED Tom Brady* this year.

BozMan
01-21-2008, 01:11 AM
Watching him play this year makes me wish we woulda cut Porter after we won the Super Bowl.

In hindsight, given how well Harrison has played, it would have been better to trade Porter after the SB win for a high draft pick or two. It's good that we didn't overpay for a player past his prime, but it would have been even better to get something in return after he left.

revefsreleets
01-21-2008, 06:37 PM
Ridiculous to suggest that Harrison wouldn't have made the two-deeps on those old Steelers teams, and Jeremy, you once again tip your hand that you'd rather be stodgy, argumentative and contrarian than deal in facts.

The Steelers have always had guys behind the starters who could play the position who had to earn their way into the lineup, and many of them just came out of nowhere, just like Harrison did. He'd have been an eventual starter on any of those old Steelers defenses.