ShutDown24
01-20-2008, 09:17 PM
General thoughts?

SteelCityMan786
01-20-2008, 09:19 PM
I hate this match up.

Steeler in Carolina
01-20-2008, 09:20 PM
I hate this matchup also. I am hoping for a Giants victory.

fansince'76
01-20-2008, 09:21 PM
I am in agreement with the sentiment that this matchup sucks. Having said that, I will be pulling for the Giants.

PAMillerGrrl83
I'm gonna borrow my sisters Eli Manning jersey for this SB.

ShutDown24
WOW - Steeler nation wants Eli Manning to win the Super Bowl... Ever thought you would hear that?

fansince'76
01-20-2008, 09:22 PM
WOW - Steeler nation wants Eli Manning to win the Super Bowl... Ever thought you would hear that?

Not rooting for Eli so much as rooting against Mr. Wonderful and his band of 'roided up cheaters.

touchdownward
01-20-2008, 09:22 PM
Hopefully the giants learned enough about the pats the last game of the season to be able to beat them this time.

Good for Plaxico.

As far as the matchup is concerned.
BOO HISS HISS BOO!!!:yawn:

ShutDown24
01-20-2008, 09:23 PM
Not rooting for Eli so much as rooting against Mr. Wonderful.

Either way :flap:

stillers4me
01-20-2008, 09:25 PM
Not rooting for Eli so much as rooting against Mr. Wonderful and his band of 'roided up cheaters.

ditto

Edman
01-20-2008, 09:26 PM
Like we have a choice? Besides, Eli Manning has done nothing wrong towards the Steelers.

The Patriots suck, and it will be a very cold day in the Earth's core should I ever root for them. F them and F the city of Boston.

The G-Men will open up as heavy underdogs. Even more incentive to root for them. But this is a bad matchup.

BlastFurnace
01-20-2008, 09:26 PM
BLOW-OUT!

I can't summarize my feelings on two weeks from now any other way.

I sure hope I am wrong. Who knows. I didn't think the Giants could beat Dallas or Green Bay either.

The Duke
01-20-2008, 09:29 PM
think I'm not gonna watch it, I just wanted for Favre to win it

ShutDown24
01-20-2008, 09:30 PM
think I'm not gonna watch it, I just wanted for Favre to win it

Lol I hear people say that every year who always end up watching :toofunny:

steelers2685
01-20-2008, 09:32 PM
I'm not watching it. I feel that Favre did such a fantastic job this year and that McCarthey should've been the coach of the year for having the season come together like they had.

I'll call it right now that it's not going to be as good of a game as the last time they met, and it's going to be a media fiasco with @$$hole Brady* 's face everywhere.

I'll go to bed that night rooting for the Cheatriots* to lose and nothing more. I don't care how or what happens, just as long as they do.

And like stated above, to heck with the city of Boston and all of those bandwagon cheater lovers.

silver & black
01-20-2008, 09:32 PM
I don't care about this Superbowl at all. Go Giants... I guess.

BlastFurnace
01-20-2008, 09:35 PM
Honestly, I accepted that the Patriots were going to win it all after they destroyed us. It's been a forgone conclusion as far as I am concerned.

I'm just sad the season is going to be over in 2 weeks. Of course I will watch the Super Bowl. Football season just doesn't last long enough. I am already looking forward to September.

The Duke
01-20-2008, 09:36 PM
Lol I hear people say that every year who always end up watching :toofunny:

only other time I said I wasn't gonna watch it was Eagles/Pats for obvious reasons, and I didn't watch it

RoethlisBURGHer
01-20-2008, 09:42 PM
I really don't like this matchup. But hey, maybe the G-Men will be the team to beat the Pats and keep them from going 19-0. That would probally make Bellicheat's head explode.

I have a good friend who is a Giants fan. She's so excited.

Go Giants...but I hope Plaxico has a bad game.

CNY Is Steeler Country
01-20-2008, 09:42 PM
Living in New York, I love seeing this matchup! This is a classic Yankees vs. Red Sox Super Bowl. The Gmen used to play at Yankee Stadium, and the Pats are obviously close to Boston. I'm pulling bigtime for the Giants. Trust me, I've watched every game of theirs this season- they are a great team. If any defense can stop Mr. Brady, the Giants' can. Their defense is the best in the league in the NFL right now, period! I can't wait until Feb. 3rd! Let's go Giants!

SteelCityMan786
01-20-2008, 09:58 PM

Not to mention camera sign stealers.

Atlanta Dan
01-20-2008, 10:04 PM
Living in New York, I love seeing this matchup! This is a classic Yankees vs. Red Sox Super Bowl. The Gmen used to play at Yankee Stadium, and the Pats are obviously close to Boston. I'm pulling bigtime for the Giants. Trust me, I've watched every game of theirs this season- they are a great team. If any defense can stop Mr. Brady, the Giants' can. Their defense is the best in the league in the NFL right now, period! I can't wait until Feb. 3rd! Let's go Giants!

If I lived in New England or New York I would be excited too, but pardon the rest of us for not being revved up about a SB that is a continuation of the tiresome New York-Boston rivalry that already has been beaten to death with all the Red Sox-Yankees hype

I usually focus on college basketball (Duke-North Carolina - now that is a classic rivalry) after the SB but will get a head start this year

Godfather
01-20-2008, 10:06 PM
I don't like Eli because of his draft day hissy fit, and I don't care for Nopraxico. Plus I was rooting for Brett so this matchup sucks.

I have to hold my nose and root for the G-men because I don't want the Patriots* to finish undefeated. And I dislike Bellycheat, Baby Daddy Brady, and roided up cheap shot artist Rodney Harrison a lot more than Eli or Plex.

It's like Kerry vs. Bush, except there's no Libertarian to vote for.

Crushzilla
01-20-2008, 10:36 PM
I am in all honesty NOT watching it.

The crack on the Super Bowl is that its never good as the championship games and this is no exception.

I am a ridiculously big Brett Favre fan, and today's lose is a great **** you, Ryan, to end the season.

Don't give a damn about Eli, Don't give a damn about Brady, don't really care about this game. Maybe my absence will assist some obscure group that is boycotting the NFL for going so easy on the Cheatriots.

A good friend of mine lost her father a few weeks ago, as well. He was probably the biggest Giants fan I've ever seen, so I'm happy for that, but otherwise... who gives a damn.

I'm sick of watching the Patriots play. Going into the playoffs I was excited to see how they would fair going against three great teams, but I couldn't get that, I guess.

Beat a 5th seed, a 4th seed, and another 5th seed... Yippee...

All of those teams, by the way, who barely eked out a win the week before.

Bah. Whatever. Give me '08.

EDIT: Sorry, Chargers are a third seed.

X-Terminator
01-20-2008, 11:02 PM
I will not be watching, and hope that it's the lowest-rated SB ever, as a kick in the 'nads to the Pats* and their bandwagon-hopping jackhole fans.

SteelCityMan786
01-20-2008, 11:16 PM
I will not be watching, and hope that it's the lowest-rated SB ever, as a kick in the 'nads to the Pats* and their bandwagon-hopping jackhole fans.

Hopefully if they do go 19-0, we draw them on Opening Night and whip the hell out of em. We do go to New England next year. It would be great to crash the party.

OneForTheToe
01-20-2008, 11:25 PM
[Eli's comin'
Eli's comin' (Eli's a-comin')
Well you better hide your heart, your loving heart
Eli's a-comin' and the cards say... a broken heart

A broken heart ....that is probably what will happen for those who hate the Pats.

However, part of being a sports fan for me is believing that the impossible will happen. So, I will watch the game and root for Eli. Five minutes after the game, win or lose, I won't like the Giants or Eli again. But for those three hours (hope) it will be fun. For those who won't watch because the Pats will probably win, more power to ya. But for me, I'm going to hope for a good (albiet short) ride on the Eli/Giants band wagon.

Eli's comming.

Borski
01-21-2008, 12:05 AM
I don't know if I'll watch or not, I almost didn't watch last years, but I turned it on for the second half.

Rhee Rhee
01-21-2008, 03:30 AM

im looking for plax to win a superbowl... im hoping manning has a shetty game...

GutterflowerSteel
01-21-2008, 04:18 AM
I can't believe I'll be rooting for the Giants in the Super Bowl - but I am. The Giants gave the Pats a good scare a few weeks ago, and I'm hoping they can do it again and BEAT THEM - that would rock! :jammin:

I saw Pam Oliver talking to Plax after the game last night. I couldn't help but feel glad for him - he seemed overcome by emotion, humbled and tearful. Good for him - I hope he has the game of his life in the Super Bowl.

stillers4me
01-21-2008, 05:46 AM
The worst part about seeing Eli beat the Pats* would be having to see his Gomer Pyle mug everywhere you turn.

I'm only watching to see Ben's commercial.

HometownGal
01-21-2008, 06:53 AM
im looking for plax to win a superbowl... im hoping manning has a shetty game...

If Manning has a "shetty" game, I'd bet you dollars to donuts Plax has a "shetty" game too. :wink02:

Don't know if I'm going to watch the game yet. It may be interesting watching the Pats take the Giants lightly like they did the Chargers and lose in the 4Q. I can't stand the Giants and their whiney simp of a coach, but I dislike the Cheats* more and whether I actually tune in or not, I'm going to be pulling for the Giants.

TackleMeBen
01-21-2008, 08:55 AM
the only good thing at this superbowl will be the commericals... i bet outside of the boston/new york area people really arent going to care about the game. and it would serve the nfl right if it was the lowest watched superbowl in history..lol...

now its time to move on to college basketball. there is nothing like watching unc lose...lol.

CNY Is Steeler Country
01-21-2008, 11:00 AM
let's face it, new york is the biggest market in america. ratings will be good. and this ones for all you guys who say you won't watch this year's super bowl: do you honestly think that two weeks from now when everyone's talking about SB XLII you really won't watch? this game, like the matchup or not, will determine some spectacular football history. i hope the history is this- the new york giants disrupt the first perfect, cheating season of any team in the 16-game era. i dont like either team, but im a football fan, and im pumped up already!

OneForTheToe
01-21-2008, 12:53 PM
The Super bowl is a national holliday. If I didn't watch, I would feel like I missed Thanksgiving dinner - and trust me, that don't happen. :thumbsup:

hometowned
01-21-2008, 01:34 PM
okay, so obviously i'm not a big poster on here, but I can't stand the fact that we're going to have to live through a 2 week circle jerk about how great the Patriots are. The NFL swept the cheating scandal under the rug, and I think it's now up to Giants fans and other Super Bowl attendees to remind everyone how the Patriots got here. Everyone at the Super Bowl needs to chant "CHEATERS"...preferably every time the Pats have the ball. Signs with asterisks may not make it on camera, and plus, this will just have a better effect, hopefully on the cheaters themselves. Has anyone heard any talk of a plan like this yet?

Anyone visit the Giants' message boards to plant this seed of information? (or see if they already plan on doing this?) I figure the two cities hate each other enough, I would hope they plan to do something like this.

Steelman16
01-21-2008, 02:33 PM
I'm rooting for the Giants completely. To see the Pats go 18-0 all the way to the Super Bowl and lose to the Giants would make my year.

ok, maybe just a week. :wink02:

Borski
01-21-2008, 02:46 PM
Yeah, i guess I'll watch because of a few friends of mine that are Giants fans. but if I didn't care at all about either team I could care less if I missed it...besides SB ads are always great.

X-Terminator
01-21-2008, 10:18 PM
let's face it, new york is the biggest market in america. ratings will be good. and this ones for all you guys who say you won't watch this year's super bowl: do you honestly think that two weeks from now when everyone's talking about SB XLII you really won't watch? this game, like the matchup or not, will determine some spectacular football history. i hope the history is this- the new york giants disrupt the first perfect, cheating season of any team in the 16-game era. i dont like either team, but im a football fan, and im pumped up already!

No, I won't be. And I mean that. I'd rather lay on a bed of nails topped with broken glass than watch another Patriots* game. I will find something else productive to do with my time, like sleeping or watching the paint dry on my wall.

Godfather
01-21-2008, 10:22 PM
now its time to move on to college basketball. there is nothing like watching unc lose...lol.

Agree 100%. Roy Williams is scum.

TackleMeBen
01-21-2008, 10:31 PM
i didnt watch the superbowl last year b/c i hate the colts and i really dont care for the bears. so this will be the second year i wont be watching the superbowl. (darn, that sucks now.. i will miss out on all the food..lol...)

vasteeler
01-22-2008, 11:16 AM
ill be pulling for the giants as well, i just dont want to see brady/billicheat tie bradshaw/noll for super bowl records also i am one that says every yaer the steelers are not playing i am not going to watch but always do

Jeremy
01-22-2008, 11:17 AM
Chances are the ratings will be down because it's Fox and Fox has taken a real beating with their sports ratings as of late. Although it should be noted that the NFCCG dominated (http://www.zap2it.com/tv/ratings/zap-ratings012008,0,7959675.story) the ratings Sunday night putting up a huge number for Fox.

Cheer up though, next year is NBC's turn! :tt02:

fansince'76
01-22-2008, 11:59 AM
Well, I guess the NFL isn't fixed, at least not completely. I KNOW this isn't the matchup that NFGoodelL wanted. I used to think the NFL being "fixed" was a crackpot idea, but to paraphrase Jules Winnfield from Pulp Fiction, "I saw some shit this season that made me think twice."

The Duke
01-22-2008, 12:04 PM
Well, I guess the NFL isn't fixed, at least not completely. I KNOW this isn't the matchup that NFGoodelL wanted.

or was it?:sly:

revefsreleets
01-22-2008, 12:10 PM
Yeah, I don't know...I think the NFL honcho's cream their pants when two big market teams play in the big game, and there are all kinds of secondary story lines along the whole NY vs. Boston thing.

Jeremy
01-22-2008, 12:18 PM
Yeah, I don't know...I think the NFL honcho's cream their pants when two big market teams play in the big game, and there are all kinds of secondary story lines along the whole NY vs. Boston thing.

The matchup the big chesses wanted was Jets v Giants. That's been talked to death time and time again. Kind of like a Mets/Yankees World Series.

But you can't fix an interception or a 47 yard field goal.

RunWillieRun
01-22-2008, 12:22 PM
the only good thing at this superbowl will be the commericals... i bet outside of the boston/new york area people really arent going to care about the game. and it would serve the nfl right if it was the lowest watched superbowl in history..lol...

Ain't that the TRUTH!!!

GO DUKE

Jeremy
01-22-2008, 12:26 PM
What's the last time a UNC crowd started a chant while an opposing player was laying on the court with a season-ending injury.

In the words of Ron Burgandy:

Go **** Yourselves Duke Fans!

pitt
01-22-2008, 12:32 PM
I hope Plaxico has another great game.

fansince'76
01-22-2008, 12:42 PM
I hope Plaxico has another great game.

Well, I hope the Giants win, but that Plaxico has a quiet game. I don't want to read a bunch of revisionist history all offseason about what a "mistake" it was by the Steelers' FO in "letting him get away."

Jeremy
01-22-2008, 02:39 PM
Well, I hope the Giants win, but that Plaxico has a quiet game. I don't want to read a bunch of revisionist history all offseason about what a "mistake" it was by the Steelers' FO in "letting him get away."

God Send wanted him resigned.

OneForTheToe
01-22-2008, 03:35 PM
Chances are the ratings will be down because it's Fox and Fox has taken a real beating with their sports ratings as of late. Although it should be noted that the NFCCG dominated (http://www.zap2it.com/tv/ratings/zap-ratings012008,0,7959675.story) the ratings Sunday night putting up a huge number for Fox.

Cheer up though, next year is NBC's turn! :tt02:

Are you serious? What ratings have been down on FOX? Yes CBs lucked out a bit this year because they had the cheaters going for the record, but FOX has had a great sports year ratings wise. The World Series was up over the last few seasons. NASCAR was flat but not down over previous years. And the NFC championship game you mentioned wasn't just pretty huge, it was the most watched Non- Super Bowl show of any kind in years. For some percpective on those numbers for that Game, the NFCCG garnered an average of 48 million viewers, while the biggest show by far on TV, American Idol, premiered at 34 million. So the NFC championship game does 14 million more viewers than the biggest show on TV.

I try to ignore the hype myself, Heck, I ignored most of the pregame when our Steelers were in the Super Bowl. That said, if this game is close in the second half the ratings will be huge and approach 100 million viewers. If the game is a blowout then all bets are off. I hate the Pats as much as most here but it is hard to deny that a matchup of - undefeated team vs largest market team, who took the undefeated team to the wire a few weeks back -- is the NFL's ratings dream. So I might add are our Steelers who played in the second highest rated program in the last ten years.

For the Ratings:
http://pifeedback.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/63310451/m/88810969

Jeremy
01-22-2008, 04:04 PM
Are you serious? What ratings have been down on FOX? Yes CBs lucked out a bit this year because they had the cheaters going for the record, but FOX has had a great sports year ratings wise. The World Series was up over the last few seasons. NASCAR was flat but not down over previous years. And the NFC championship game you mentioned wasn't just pretty huge, it was the most watched Non- Super Bowl show of any kind in years. For some percpective on those numbers for that Game, the NFCCG garnered an average of 48 million viewers, while the biggest show by far on TV, American Idol, premiered at 34 million. So the NFC championship game does 14 million more viewers than the biggest show on TV.

I try to ignore the hype myself, Heck, I ignored most of the pregame when our Steelers were in the Super Bowl. That said, if this game is close in the second half the ratings will be huge and approach 100 million viewers. If the game is a blowout then all bets are off. I hate the Pats as much as most here but it is hard to deny that a matchup of - undefeated team vs largest market team, who took the undefeated team to the wire a few weeks back -- is the NFL's ratings dream. So I might add are our Steelers who played in the second highest rated program in the last ten years.

For the Ratings:
http://pifeedback.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/63310451/m/88810969

As of late....

The BCS ratings were horrible and Fox took a real beating for the second class way they presented the games.

OneForTheToe
01-22-2008, 04:19 PM
As of late....

The BCS ratings were horrible and Fox took a real beating for the second class way they presented the games.

Well, I agree that FOX has no business doing college football. However, the ratings were not that bad considering the match-up. The championship game was still one of the highest rated shows of that week (particularly in young viewers).

The easiest solution is that Disney stop being so cheap and buy the BCS package (or whatever replaces it) at puts it on ESPN/ABC where it belongs.

Jeremy
01-23-2008, 09:57 AM
Well, I agree that FOX has no business doing college football. However, the ratings were not that bad considering the match-up. The championship game was still one of the highest rated shows of that week (particularly in young viewers).

The easiest solution is that Disney stop being so cheap and buy the BCS package (or whatever replaces it) at puts it on ESPN/ABC where it belongs.

The BCS ratings were at their lowest since the current format began. Part of that is presentation and part of that is lack of the big name teams (Texas, Notre Dame, Michigan, etc)

I'd rather see the BCS games back on NBC where they were before ESPN came along.

Steelerchickie
01-23-2008, 10:28 AM
If I lived in New England or New York I would be excited too, but pardon the rest of us for not being revved up about a SB that is a continuation of the tiresome New York-Boston rivalry that already has been beaten to death with all the Red Sox-Yankees hype

Oh now that's just not true. I live in New England and the only thing I'm excited about this year is the commercials. I'm gonna root like hell against the Patriots (if I hear one more person say 'Patriots Dynasty', well, don't be surprised to see an article about an elementary school teacher who went on a murderous rampage on CNN) but there's just no real reason for me to care unless the Giants manage to pull off a win.

Now the person I truly feel for is my poor sister; the poor woman lives in Boston, so she gets to hear it 24/7. On top of that, we have Cheater fans in the family. It's really difficult to have a Patriots fan grandma who talks trash, because you really can't respond to that in a way that won't get you in biiiiiig trouble.

SGrogan
01-23-2008, 01:06 PM
Hey guys how about a little love for my Pats, no, oh well.Im willing to bet this will be one of the highest rated Superbowls.I know most if not all of you want the Pats to lose and thats cool but just think if they go 19-0 and you knock em off next year just think how sweet that would be.I just dont see them losing not that it cant happen but when you give BB 2 weeks to prepare he is tough to beat.I think the thing that really hurts the Giants is having that week off.When your on a roll you dont want to stop and by all acount Brady had a bad game last week,he never has 2 bad games in a row..

tony hipchest
01-23-2008, 01:24 PM
sorry. no love.

i agree the sb will be one of the highest rated. but then again, just about every sb picks up a bit more viewers than the previous ones.

i dont see beating the patriots next year as being any sweeter whether they win or lose. we wont get a ring and they wont print up any tee shirts or hats.

i do agree that the pats w/ 2 weeks to prepare are dangerous. i guess we can hope the idle time hurts them.

if theres any psychological edge i can see the giants drawing on is this-

the giants have been playing their best the past few weeks and they KNOW they will have to play their best in all 3 phases to win.

the patriots, on the other hand, have been playing some of their worst ball of the year, yet they KNOW if one aspect of their team falters, the other 2 teams will pick it up. for instance, last week the league mvp and record setter sucked and the defense and running game picked up the slack. the patriots know they DONT have to play their best game. they are ripe to be caught napping while they all expect the other teammates to carry the load.

HometownGal
01-23-2008, 05:45 PM
Hey guys how about a little love for my Pats, no, oh well.Im willing to bet this will be one of the highest rated Superbowls.I know most if not all of you want the Pats to lose and thats cool but just think if they go 19-0 and you knock em off next year just think how sweet that would be.I just dont see them losing not that it cant happen but when you give BB 2 weeks to prepare he is tough to beat.I think the thing that really hurts the Giants is having that week off.When your on a roll you dont want to stop and by all acount Brady had a bad game last week,he never has 2 bad games in a row..

I dunno, Grogan - don't take the Giants so lightly. They came the closest to ruining the Cheats* perfect regular season and are going to have the same amount of time to prepare for the big game. The Giants peaked at just the right time - seems to me the Pats* have been sliding a bit since Week 12 or so.

With that said . . .

GO GIANTS! :cheers:

Elvis
01-23-2008, 06:54 PM
:tt02:
There will be more folks watching this game this year just for the fact that the Patriots are tryin' to become the 2nd team to finish undefeated and that the Giants * a NY team* is in the Super Bowl and lord knows how rare that is... so they will be watching cause they never know if in their lifetimes they will see them there again.
:cheer:

rabidsteelerfan
01-23-2008, 07:28 PM

No love to be given from me! Sorry, but once they flat out got caught cheating, the 07 season went.....VOID! and everything before that now has a big ?.........which honestly they probably didn't need to do, in my eyes they've ruined their own reputation and have went from the "new Americas team" to a bunch of cheating, dirty ass scumbags*!

revefsreleets
01-23-2008, 08:02 PM
Well, the guy has a point. The ratings will be high. OJ's trial was widely watched, and we all know he was guilty. Entertainment Tonight has a large viewing audience. Jerry Springer was huge for awhile. The American viewing public has an insatiable lust for trailer park drama, and the Pats of '07-'08 are the mother of all trailer park drama. If they win the Lombardi Trophy this year, as a fitting tribute to the Klass (sic) of the Cheats, it should be constructed of Velveeta cheese and corn dogs.

redzone79
01-23-2008, 08:13 PM
Hey it's been known to happen, the Pats to loose. Look at the Pats vs. Ravens game this year, and that other game that they almost lost. Can't remember there opponent.
I think I speak for alot of people who want them to LOOSE b/c I am sick an tired of ESPN going on and on and making a big deal about Brady's ankle and calling him an well oiled machine, etc etc! I don't like or dislike the Giants but I will be rooting for them, well I would be rooting for any team playing againts the PATS! OK done now..

Godfather
01-23-2008, 10:14 PM
okay, so obviously i'm not a big poster on here, but I can't stand the fact that we're going to have to live through a 2 week circle jerk about how great the Patriots are. The NFL swept the cheating scandal under the rug, and I think it's now up to Giants fans and other Super Bowl attendees to remind everyone how the Patriots got here. Everyone at the Super Bowl needs to chant "CHEATERS"...preferably every time the Pats have the ball. Signs with asterisks may not make it on camera, and plus, this will just have a better effect, hopefully on the cheaters themselves. Has anyone heard any talk of a plan like this yet?

Anyone visit the Giants' message boards to plant this seed of information? (or see if they already plan on doing this?) I figure the two cities hate each other enough, I would hope they plan to do something like this.

Here's an idea--coordinated effort by groups of NY fans sitting close together. Every fan brings a blue Giants shirt and a white Giants shirt to the game. Then they coordinate with other fans in their section to form white asterisks on a blue background or blue asterisks on a white background.

redzone79
01-24-2008, 12:03 AM
I'm an visual person, so i would need to see what you mean, Godfather!
But, doing anything against the PATS will be cool, I like the "cheater" chant, HOMETOWNED!

CASTEEL
01-24-2008, 02:28 AM
No, I won't be. And I mean that. I'd rather lay on a bed of nails topped with broken glass than watch another Patriots* game. I will find something else productive to do with my time, like sleeping or watching the paint dry on my wall.

While I may not be doing anything quite as productive as X-Terminiator :smile:... I know I won't be watching the SB this year. No way in hell I want to whiteness that lousy Pats* team make history* if they should happen to win....

I'll be with my family doing something fun, rather than watching a game where I am hoping and hoping those a-holes don't win. I just can't stand the thought of seeing butt-chin Brady holding that trophy..... :banging:

Rhee Rhee
01-24-2008, 03:50 AM
psh i'll be watching the game... half moping and half laughing... moping cause the steelers rnt dere and laughing that the pats will be losing!!

sherlock
01-25-2008, 12:54 AM
I have to say that I can`t wait for the SB.
I started following NFL way back in oh Nov07,and just as I start to get a(very) basic understanding of the game it`s the off-season:dang:
So just to see a game is something to relish....I`m literally counting the hours to kick-off.

MasterOfPuppets
01-25-2008, 01:06 AM
I started following NFL way back in oh Nov07,and just as I start to get a(very) basic understanding of the game it`s the off-season:dang:
So just to see a game is something to relish....I`m literally counting the hours to kick-off.the college "senior bowl" is saturday...:thumbsup:

The Duke
01-25-2008, 01:18 AM
the college "senior bowl" is saturday...:thumbsup:

which reminds me, at what time is it?

sherlock
01-25-2008, 01:21 AM
the college "senior bowl" is saturday...:thumbsup:

I didn`t realise that MOP,thanks for the info...whether or not I`ll be able to see any of it here in the UK is another matter! :banging:

MasterOfPuppets
01-25-2008, 01:34 AM
:banging:which reminds me, at what time is it?3:00 pm on the nfl network.....

ShutDown24
01-25-2008, 02:40 AM
So just to see a game is something to relish....I`m literally counting the hours to kick-off.

Lol - If you stick with the sport for a few season you will really start to enjoy it more... When I first started watching I was just interested a little bit then after about two seasons I know like 90% of the players in the league (Back ups and everything), all the rules, the rule changes season to season, trades, draft, etc...

sherlock
01-25-2008, 04:08 AM
Lol - If you stick with the sport for a few season you will really start to enjoy it more... When I first started watching I was just interested a little bit then after about two seasons I know like 90% of the players in the league (Back ups and everything), all the rules, the rule changes season to season, trades, draft, etc...

Hi ShutDown24....I`m basically an NFL embryo but I`ve become completely obsessed with the NFL ,particularly the Steelers of course.You`re right,the more I erm,cough,understand the more enjoyable it becomes.
It`s just so frustrating,perhaps I`m trying to run before I can walk so to speak.
Up until recently soccer has always been my sport and I have something of a geek like knowledge of the game,not just of the UK but on a worldwide level.
Here in NFL land I`m at the back of the class. :smile:

hometowned
01-28-2008, 12:33 PM
Here's an idea--coordinated effort by groups of NY fans sitting close together. Every fan brings a blue Giants shirt and a white Giants shirt to the game. Then they coordinate with other fans in their section to form white asterisks on a blue background or blue asterisks on a white background.

That sounds like a pretty sweet idea, too.

Unfortunately, I haven't been approved to join the Giants board that I signed up for to post my idea....I guess they anticipate a lot of trolls signing up at this point in time.

CB1977
01-28-2008, 01:15 PM
Two words:

Go Giants!!!!!:cheer: