PDA

View Full Version : It's Ratbirds Week !!!

BlitzburghRockCity
10-24-2005, 10:06 PM
Damn I love the 2 weeks outta every year when we play the purple jailbirds !! There's nothing like playing those a$$es to get me all torqued up!

Down with the ratbirds !!!!

Koopa
10-24-2005, 10:20 PM
should be great to punish the hell out of them, i hope kordell can get in there and we light his ass up. this game is going to be ugly

Iron City Hangover
10-24-2005, 10:36 PM
should be great to punish the hell out of them, i hope kordell can get in there and we light his ass up. this game is going to be ugly
I'd be a little uncomfortable mentioning Kordell and ass in the same sentence. He did enjoy his years of "being under center" for Pittsburgh when he was your "Slash".

Needless to say, good luck.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-24-2005, 11:26 PM
I'd be a little uncomfortable mentioning Kordell and ass in the same sentence. He did enjoy his years of "being under center" for Pittsburgh when he was your "Slash".

Needless to say, good luck.

Just poor some more beer over his head and that would make my day!! :rofl:

Prosdo
10-25-2005, 12:31 AM
I can't wait for this game. We finally face the team that was suppose to win the AFC North according to the experts. Sure isn't looking that way for them!

Ambridge
10-25-2005, 07:50 AM
I hope the Steelers come out and play Sharp, mistake free football and kick the hell out of the Rats for a whole 60 minutes.

Suitanim
10-25-2005, 08:14 AM
The Rats are easily one of the 5 worst teams in the NFL. This could be a trap game for the Steelers. They need to keep their heads on straight and just totally annhiliate those filthy Rats...

Iron City Hangover
10-25-2005, 08:28 AM
I hope the Steelers come out and play Sharp, mistake free football and kick the hell out of the Rats for a whole 60 minutes.
Cute signature, but that Jack-ass-assin destroyed your Frenchie. Rumor has it, Frenchie's teeth were still embedded in the Terrible Turf before they blew up that atrocious stadium.

Score: Pitts 10 Rats 6 in a snore fest

Ambridge
10-25-2005, 08:41 AM
The Rats are easily one of the 5 worst teams in the NFL. This could be a trap game for the Steelers. They need to keep their heads on straight and just totally annhiliate those filthy Rats...

I was thinking this could be a possible trap game as well.

The Steelers played the Bengals with a "Chip on their Shoulder" attitude.......which are the kind of games they reserve for Baltimore and in general is when they play their best.

Shame on the Steelers if they can't beat the teams they should.

Suitanim
10-25-2005, 08:43 AM
Going over to the Ratsnest at all? I took a look Sunday...there's almost nobody even posting there anymore...guess they all reverted back to either Colts or Skins fans...

Iron City Hangover
10-25-2005, 08:43 AM
I was thinking this could be a possible trap game as well.

The Steelers played the Bengals with a "Chip on their Shoulder" attitude.......which are the kind of games they reserve for Baltimore and in general is when they play their best.

Shame on the Steelers if they can't beat the teams they should.
Let's put it this way, if the Steelers beat the Ravens, Brian Billick will be on a 10 game suicide watch.

Iron City Hangover
10-25-2005, 08:44 AM
Going over to the Ratsnest at all? I took a look Sunday...there's almost nobody even posting there anymore...guess they all reverted back to either Colts or Skins fans...
Ratsnest? clevelandbrowns.com ?

Ambridge
10-25-2005, 08:46 AM
Cute signature, but that Jack-ass-assin destroyed your Frenchie. Rumor has it, Frenchie's teeth were still embedded in the Terrible Turf before they blew up that atrocious stadium.

Score: Pitts 10 Rats 6 in a snore fest

:yawn: :yawn:

Iron City Hangover
10-25-2005, 08:58 AM
:yawn: :yawn:
http://tinypic.com/f025is.jpg

"You can't handle the truth."

http://tinypic.com/f025mv.jpg

RoethlisBURGHer
10-25-2005, 10:00 AM
Steelers 30
Ratbirds 0

TasmanianTroy271
10-25-2005, 03:53 PM
If the Steelers D let's the Baltimore offense get within field goal range, I'll be dissappointed.

Steelers 28
Ravens 0

I wish once, JUST ONCE, Cowher would rub it in their faces instead of getting a nice lead then running down the clock...

BlitzburghRockCity
10-25-2005, 04:09 PM
After what happened against Jax, and the team knowing we shoulda won that game, and after what happened last year knowing how we took every game, 1 game atta time, I wouldnt think we'd underestimate the ratbirds. In the past, yes, but after last year, and this year knowing we need to kick ass every week to make sure we win the division and put down the bungals...we should be OK. Also reading the quotes and articles on the steelers news papers, they team definately seems focused.

And the joke of the week.. a classic:

Anthrax Scare - Ravens Practice Facility

Anthrax Scare At Owings Mills,

Baltimore Ravens football practice was delayed nearly two hours today
after a player reported finding an unknown white powdery substance on
the practice field. Head Coach Brian Billick immediately suspended
practice while police and federal investigators were called in to
investigate.

After a complete analysis, FBI forensic experts determined that the
white substance unknown to the players was in fact the goal line.

Practice was resumed after special agents decided the team was
unlikely to encounter the substance again.

Cape Cod Steel Head
10-25-2005, 04:22 PM
Don't guess that there will be too many Rat Bird fans here talking much smack. If we dont win this game then we've got some issues, especially with Ray Ray and Ed on the sidelines. Willie should have a hundred before the half. We need to dominate,and more importantly stay healthy. Steelers 31 Rat Birds 3

BlitzburghRockCity
10-25-2005, 04:25 PM
we havent had the pleasure or dismay as it were, to have a ratbird stop by SF yet!! they would get eaten alive if they do!

tony hipchest
10-25-2005, 04:33 PM
And the joke of the week.. a classic:

too bad is wasnt cocaine. jamal lewis might have scored me more than 1 td in ff. i think when they told him he couldnt "tote the rock" no more he thought they were talking about the football.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-25-2005, 04:53 PM
:rofl: :rofl: nice one !!!

stand undefeated
10-25-2005, 09:20 PM
We're gonna squash 'em.... 21-9

BlitzburghRockCity
10-25-2005, 09:25 PM
I just wanna see a complete demolition of the ratbirds.. blow em outta the stadium, send em home cryin, hurt em, pound em, beat em into submission !!! :sign02:

BlitzburghRockCity
10-25-2005, 09:28 PM
Now this is what I wanna hear !

Q: What do you think the atmosphere will be like, it being Halloween and the Ravens in town?
BC: It?ll be electric and hopefully it should be. Us playing Baltimore has been one of the better rivalries down through the years and certainly we know what happened the second game of last year?s season. We had a gut check and that was the team that gave it to us. Every time we play them, I don?t care about the records. It?s going to be a physical contest and these are two teams that respect each other but have a genuine dislike for one another. That?s just the way it is. These two teams have won this division since it?s been started. It?s been a long time. I think when you have the two top teams in the division - which it?s been in the past - and then you take it on Monday night, I think that speaks for itself.

Koopa
10-25-2005, 09:51 PM
oh shit the game is on halloween, i'm gonna have the turn the lights off outside so no little shit heads come bangin at the door wanting shit while i'm trying to enjoy the beat down we are going to put on the ratbirds. i know one stupid player from their team is gonna try to fight and try to hurt someone so i hope we get a huge ass lead and in the fourth put batch and haynes in there so we won't have to worry about any cheap shots on bettis willie or big ben. maybe nate washington can get some playing time in the second half too.

slashsteel
10-25-2005, 10:32 PM
I won't be home, I will be at the bar hanging with a Steelers posse. NO tricker treaters and I get a treat!

The trick is watching the rats blink everytime we score on them.

Oh yea total domination! :)

BlitzburghRockCity
10-26-2005, 05:59 PM
Looks like ray ray and ed reed are out !!! Damn I wanted to see the bus crush em both !!

Motley Nate
10-26-2005, 07:05 PM
Beat the piss outta the Ratbirds!

I'll put some money on +/- 20 penalties for the Ratbirds.

tony hipchest
10-26-2005, 07:14 PM
oh shit the game is on halloween, i'm gonna have the turn the lights off outside so no little shit heads come bangin at the door wanting shit while i'm trying to enjoy the beat down we are going to put on the ratbirds. i know one stupid player from their team is gonna try to fight and try to hurt someone so i hope we get a huge ass lead and in the fourth put batch and haynes in there so we won't have to worry about any cheap shots on bettis willie or big ben. maybe nate washington can get some playing time in the second half too.
im a little worried too about a few "accidental" shots to bens knee too. we still owe them for tommy and ben last year.

TasmanianTroy271
10-26-2005, 08:18 PM
The Ravens? play dirty? what?

AvoidLLoyd95
10-26-2005, 08:20 PM
This should be a good game. As long as they can shut down Jamal'Coke'Lewis than it should be pretty easy to overpower them. The Steelers have been giving up some running yards early in games this year. They need to shut him down or the rats could give them some trouble.

Iron City Hangover
10-26-2005, 08:35 PM
This should be a good game. As long as they can shut down Jamal'Coke'Lewis than it should be pretty easy to overpower them. The Steelers have been giving up some running yards early in games this year. They need to shut him down or the rats could give them some trouble.
I like the signature, but I've been touchy about Jim Kelly. I used to hate the guy, then his son died this summer after struggling with an incurable disease.

Koopa
10-26-2005, 08:38 PM
you know, i don't remember ever hearing about jamal lewis actually doing coke, i just heard he help set up a deal. i could be wrong

BlitzburghRockCity
10-26-2005, 09:00 PM
Dunno either if he was ever actually caught doing it..but I did her that he dropped the soap a few times in jail :rofl:

AvoidLLoyd95
10-26-2005, 09:04 PM
I like the signature, but I've been touchy about Jim Kelly. I used to hate the guy, then his son died this summer after struggling with an incurable disease.
Yea, too bad.

AvoidLLoyd95
10-26-2005, 09:05 PM
I do feel bad for his son, but that has nothing to do with the picture, so I don't know what your point is.

Iron City Hangover
10-26-2005, 09:34 PM
I do feel bad for his son, but that has nothing to do with the picture, so I don't know what your point is.
I was just commenting on Jim Kelly, your signature reminded me of how I used to love watching him get sacked.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-27-2005, 04:19 PM
Meanest damn player I ever saw.. I can remember him sitting at the 50 yd line during warm ups, just starrring down the opponent every game!!!!!

oh wait, this is a ratbird thread..

Down with the Ratbirds !!!

tony hipchest
10-27-2005, 05:44 PM
this is an obvious let down game. im sure thats why cowher talked about the homefield advantage with the media. he probably had some harsh words to the team about taking the homefield advantage for granted and losing focus. its possible with the enormous expectations and the fan support that the players focus on the entertainment of the crowd and the cheers rather than the task at hand.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-27-2005, 06:08 PM
I think in previous years you could say this..but after going 15-1 in the regular season last year, not making it to the big dance, and cowher barking at them about not letting up... knock on wood, we should be ok.

Besides, if u cant get up for the ratbirds, who can ya get up for right!! :grin:

tony hipchest
10-27-2005, 07:01 PM
I think in previous years you could say this..but after going 15-1 in the regular season last year, not making it to the big dance, and cowher barking at them about not letting up... knock on wood, we should be ok.

Besides, if u cant get up for the ratbirds, who can ya get up for right!! :grin:

oh i think they will be up for it. cowher stepped in and re directed the ship. the team responds real well to him and keeping things in perspective will be a priority. i think cowhers doing a good job in not allowing this game become a letdown game. i bet 5-2 has more of their focus than 14-2

BlitzburghRockCity
10-27-2005, 11:31 PM
from SteelersLive..

Steelers players said the standings mean nothing when the Ravens are on the docket.

"They're going to come to play," tailback Jerome Bettis said. "It's Monday night. The biggest stage of the year. So, they're going to be ready."

Five years ago when the Ravens were on their way to capturing the Super Bowl, they split with a Steelers team that went 9-7 and missed the playoffs. Last year, the Ravens earned the distinction of giving the Steelers their only blemish, despite going 9-7 and missing the postseason.

That's why the double-digit point spread could be misleading.

"This is a real rivalry; it's nothing the media needs to hype," Porter said. "There's a true dislike between both teams, and it can't get any better than that. Cheap shots. Dirty play.

"You can expect everything when you have a Baltimore-Steelers game. It's what it's hyped up to be, and it's going to be like that on Monday night."

Porter believes the rivalry has taken on a life of its own because both teams are cut from the same cloth -- power running and aggressive defense. The Ravens rank No. 2 in defense, six notches above the Steelers.

Not surprisingly, Porter disagreed with the defensive statistics, saying, "They're beating us on paper, but we have a long season to go." He also added that he'll miss seeing Lewis on the field, considering the two have similar personalities and are the emotional leaders of their teams.

"I try to keep the comparison going (when we go head-to-head)," Porter said. "He likes to make plays, and it makes me rise to my level because I want to make just as many plays as he makes.

"So, it keeps the chip on my shoulder to have somebody I'm competing with. It's hard to compete with a guy on defense, but he brings it out of me every time. But the game's going to go on. I'm still going to go out there with a chip on my shoulder and be ready to play."

What should observers expect from this latest installation of the rivalry?

"Expect the unexpected, especially because it's Halloween," Porter said. "All the tricks are going to be out."

Suitanim
10-28-2005, 08:34 PM
Regardless, Cowher gets his team up for MNF...I think the Steelers are riding something like a 10 game home MNF winning streak under Cowher...as a matter of fact, I don't think they've ever lost a home MNF game under Cowher.

tony hipchest
10-28-2005, 09:48 PM
thats correct. 10-0. cowher is the winningest coach at home all time on mnf.

Prosdo
10-30-2005, 04:22 PM
Injury Report for Monday's Game

Ravens
OUT: LB Ray Lewis (thigh); S Ed Reed (ankle); RB Alan Ricard (calf).
DOUBTFUL: QB Kyle Boller (toe).
QUESTIONABLE: WR Mark Clayton (ankle); RB Ovie Mughelli (ankle); DE Anthony Weaver (toe).

Steelers
OUT: S Mike Logan (hamstring).
PROBABLE: RB Jerome Bettis (knee); CB Ricardo Colclough (shoulder); LB James Farrior (knee); LB Clark Haggans (groin); C Jeff Hartings (knee); LB Clint Kriewaldt (knee); QB Tommy Maddox (right shoulder); WR Antwaan Randle El (foot); DE Aaron Smith (back); CB Deshea Townsend (hamstring); DE Kimo Von Oelhoffen (shoulder); WR Hines Ward (hamstring); WR Cedrick Wilson (wrist).

Link: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05303/597469.stm

Iron City Hangover
10-30-2005, 09:45 PM
WR Mark Clayton is also likely sitting this one out too for the Baltimore Browns. Thursday was his first day of practice. If he does play, it'll be off the bench, Hymes will start in his place as the slot receiver.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-30-2005, 09:54 PM
All they're gonna do is cry injury foul :blah: we deal w/ injuries every year, but atleast WE have backups that can play!!