PDA

View Full Version : Richard Seymour "Cheap and Dirty"

HometownGal
01-21-2008, 12:23 PM
Gee - ain't this a real shocker? Of course he (and that dickhead Harrison) get away with cheap shots - its the Pats* M.O.

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/01/20/chargers-center-calls-richard-seymour-cheap-and-dirty-and-not/

Chargers Center Calls Richard Seymour 'Cheap and Dirty' (and Not in a Good Way)

Posted Jan 20th 2008 8:44PM by Ryan Wilson

To New England defensive end Richard Seymour's credit, he didn't do Shawne Merriman's "lights out" dance after the Patriots beat the Chargers in the AFC Championship game. Still, he's not San Diego center Nick Hardwick's biggest fan.

"He's cheap and dirty and the head man just let him get away with it the whole time," Hardwick said. "They've got 10 great players on that team and when Jarvis Green comes on the field, they've got 11 great players who compete how you're supposed to play. But Richard Seymour is the biggest (expletive) I've ever played."

Hardwick added that Seymour usually plays this way but he kicked it up a notch today. I think that's called the "Lagasse."

Seymour and Chargers left tackle Marcus McNeill were apparently yakking before kickoff, and several times during the game Seymour had words with several San Diego players. He also bumped quarterback Philip Rivers to the ground after the whistle (okay, Rivers flopped, but I'm pretty sure Tom Brady gets that call).

All of these incidents probably contributed to Hardwick's frustrations (along with the final score, I'm guessing), and he was just getting started:

"Head slapping, foot stomping in the pile, running by and throwing punches in your back," Hardwick said. "He's a (expletive). ... There were a lot of things he did. There's a field goal where he was stomping feet. Who stomps feet? And the officials weren't doing anything about it. He plays like a punk."

On the upside, nobody called Rodney Harrison a cheap shot, so there's that.

The Duke
01-21-2008, 12:35 PM
They've got 10 great players on that team and when Jarvis Green comes on the field, they've got 11 great players who compete how you're supposed to play.

wow, that's deep

that hit was totally uncalled for, but no surprise they don't penalize them

Atlanta Dan
01-21-2008, 01:38 PM
Brady definitely gets the call if a lineman bumps him

Of course when it happened Simms defended Seymour, claiming "we don't know what Rivers said"

I will ignore the pregame hype and either quit watching the SB when it becomes a Pats blowout or quit watching immediately once the game ends - what a depressing playoff round (except for Dallas losing:sofunny:) - I hate the Pats

fansince'76
01-21-2008, 01:50 PM
Go low and take his knee out. Problem solved. :coffee:

Rhee Rhee
01-21-2008, 02:34 PM
shut up... my god phillip rivers is the biggest ******* ever... im glad he lost.. serves him right....

for both the patriots and chargers... karma is a B 1 T C |-|

The Patriot
01-21-2008, 02:36 PM
So I guess you guys won't be rooting for the Patriots then.:smile:

HometownGal
01-21-2008, 02:38 PM

Sure we will be - we'll be rooting for them to LOSE. :wink02::smile:

Atlanta Dan
01-21-2008, 03:53 PM

Outside of New England who will be?:smile:

rbryan
01-21-2008, 04:37 PM
I'm rooting for the plane to crash on the way to Arizona. Does that count?

If the patsies were playing Al Quidah I'd wrap a dishtowel around my head and pray for Allah to strike down the imperialist swine..

The Patriot
01-21-2008, 04:37 PM

A whole bunch of 12yearolds and Canadians. Who would you think?:bouncy:

HometownGal
01-21-2008, 04:44 PM

Kornholio and Collinsdouche, that's who. Kornholio isn't going to give up his first stiffy since he was a pimple faced balding teenager.

The Patriot
01-21-2008, 04:50 PM
Kornholio and Collinsdouche, that's who. Kornholio isn't going to give up his first stiffy since he was a pimple faced balding teenager.

A man's love for Brady is the most beautiful and natural thing in this world.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pzj53HS_YC0

MasterOfPuppets
01-21-2008, 05:00 PM
A man's love for Brady is the most beautiful and natural thing in this world.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pzj53HS_YC0http://http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/1852/gay5lw0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

NJarhead
01-21-2008, 05:37 PM

No one.

Go Giants!!!!

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p299/blackmolelr/Giants.gif

revefsreleets
01-21-2008, 06:22 PM
I just want this season to end. I don't really mind the Giants, and of course I hope they win, but people will still say that the Patriots are the greatest team ever and the Giants just got lucky or something.

jjpro11
01-21-2008, 07:18 PM
nobody respects the patriots except the media. not the fans, not the players, not anyone except for the brain dead and delusional patriots fans.

NastyLloyd95
01-21-2008, 07:43 PM

Errrr no, not this Canadian.

MasterOfPuppets
01-21-2008, 09:52 PM
:toofunny:.....Belichick defends Seymour from dirty play complaint....if honest bill belecheat is sticking up for seymour, he absolutely has to be innocent... :rolleyes:

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP) - Patriots coach Bill Belichick rebuffed claims that defensive lineman Richard Seymour played dirty in the AFC championship victory over San Diego.

New England beat the Chargers 21-12 on Sunday to advance to the Super Bowl, and after the game San Diego center Nick Hardwick called Seymour "a dirty, cheap, little pompous (expletive)."

"I'm surprised," Belichick said Monday. "That's the last thing I would say about Richard."

Having played recently, both coaching staffs have the benefit of having their game tapes organized already.

"It makes it go a lot faster. If it had been Green Bay, we would have spent a lot of time getting the material ready," Belichick said. "It's not an advantage. Both teams will be working with the same information."

i'm sure ole dirtbag hoodie has a little more film than coughlin...:coffee:

stlrtruck
01-22-2008, 04:28 PM
:"I'm surprised," Belichick said Monday. "That's the last thing I would say about Richard."

I guess it would be hard to say anything about richard considering the size of the plank in your own eye

tony hipchest
01-22-2008, 05:19 PM
They've got 10 great players on that team and when Jarvis Green comes on the field, they've got 11 great players who compete how you're supposed to play.

hardwick is on crack.

they got 10 pieces of shit on that team and when jarvis green comes on the field they have 10 shits and a piece of crap.

it would be different if he lumped in players like bruschi (the worst celebrator of an insignificant play in nfl history) harrison, wilfork, etc all together.

steelers2685
01-22-2008, 09:07 PM
Sure we will be - we'll be rooting for them to LOSE. :wink02::smile:

:tt02::tt02::tt02::thumbsup: You got that right!

Seymour is a piece of ----. He's played dirty all season, poking eyes, diving at legs, and then pushing down Rivers in front of that ref and it resulted in no penalty being called was bogus and shows exactly who the NFL favors.

Harrison's been an ---hole his entire career with the Patriots. I cheered louder when he tore his ACL back in that Championship game against us in 05 I think? than I did when we scored. Between him and Seymour, I wish they'd both get run over by a truck driver that they'd taunt for something as dumb as probably getting a private parking spot for their Hummers.

Rivers may be a baby, but if that was Tom Brady* , he'd have gotten that call and all of the NFL exec's would've hyperventilated over him falling to the ground, but turn it into the news story of the week that 'Tom Brady* takes a cheap shot, but gracefully falls to the ground only to get up with precision based heat seeking missile style throws to rally his best team in all of history".

What a joke.

RoethlisBURGHer
01-22-2008, 09:22 PM
If one of the Chargers did that to Tom Brady, it would have been a 15 yard roughing the passer personal foul penalty.

MasterOfPuppets
01-22-2008, 09:40 PM
Patriots' Seymour responds to Hardwick's comments
Richard Seymour would prefer to do his talking on the field, but he feels Chargers center Nick Hardwick left him little choice. One day after Hardwick called Seymour a "dirty, cheap little pompous [expletive]," in the wake of the Patriots' 21-12 victory in the AFC Championship game, the seventh-year Patriots defensive lineman responded. "I thought it was classless, but I also understand he was hurt and frustrated," Seymour said. "He's a grown man, and grown men usually try to own up to what happened and not rub it in, taking a loss like a man. "We were into it the whole game. I just wasn't taking any stuff. All of it came between the whistles. Me, I'm not going to go to the media and talk bad about someone. I take pride in not crying to the media about what goes on in the line of play. If I want to say something about that, I'm going to handle it on the field. "There's no battle of words, but you can't attack my character." Seymour was made aware of Hardwick's comments from a friend; Hardwick accused Seymour of dirty play, including "head-slapping" and "foot-stomping." Seymour believes the videotape of the game would prove Hardwick wrong. -- Boston Globe

HometownGal
01-22-2008, 09:48 PM
Patriots' Seymour responds to Hardwick's comments
Richard Seymour would prefer to do his talking on the field, but he feels Chargers center Nick Hardwick left him little choice. One day after Hardwick called Seymour a "dirty, cheap little pompous [expletive]," in the wake of the Patriots' 21-12 victory in the AFC Championship game, the seventh-year Patriots defensive lineman responded. "I thought it was classless, but I also understand he was hurt and frustrated," Seymour said. "He's a grown man, and grown men usually try to own up to what happened and not rub it in, taking a loss like a man. "We were into it the whole game. I just wasn't taking any stuff. All of it came between the whistles. Me, I'm not going to go to the media and talk bad about someone. I take pride in not crying to the media about what goes on in the line of play. If I want to say something about that, I'm going to handle it on the field. "There's no battle of words, but you can't attack my character." Seymour was made aware of Hardwick's comments from a friend; Hardwick accused Seymour of dirty play, including "head-slapping" and "foot-stomping." Seymour believes the videotape of the game would prove Hardwick wrong. -- Boston Globe

:jerkit:

Godfather
01-22-2008, 10:46 PM
s.

Harrison's been an ---hole his entire career with the Patriots. I cheered louder when he tore his ACL back in that Championship game against us in 05 I think? than I did when we scored. Between him and Seymour, I wish they'd both get run over by a truck driver that they'd taunt for something as dumb as probably getting a private parking spot for their Hummers.

Yep. Cheap shot artist AND convicted juicer*.