PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Mock Draft

MDSteel15
01-21-2008, 02:04 PM
1st Best OT available = obvious need (Cherilus, Otah, Williams)

Trade our 2nd, 5th and 6th for Chicago's 2nd, 5th and 7th

2nd Adarius Bowman, WR, Oklahoma State = bye bye Ced Wilson and Willie Reid
3rd Dre Moore, DT, Maryland = back-up, and hopefully future starter, for Smith
4th Andrew Crummey, OG, Maryland or Adam Kraus, OG, Michigan = hopeful diamonds in the rough
5th Cody Wallace, C, Texas AM = move Mahan to G
7th Darious Reynaud, ST/KR, WVU or Sammie Stroughter, ST/KR, Oregon St.

MasterOfPuppets
01-21-2008, 02:21 PM
we don't have a 6th......and why would chicago move down 10 spots on all thier drafting positions for just a 6th rd pick ???....:coffee:

Rhee Rhee
01-21-2008, 02:27 PM
we don't have a 6th......and why would chicago move down 10 spots on all thier drafting positions for just a 6th rd pick ???....:coffee:

ditto

we somehow could add DB depth in there somewhere... AND adarius has a sorry attitude... id pass on him...

MDSteel15
01-21-2008, 09:43 PM

Not sure but I think we only gave up a 7th rounder for Rossum since he didn't do crap...

MasterOfPuppets
01-21-2008, 10:05 PM
Not sure but I think we only gave up a 7th rounder for Rossum since he didn't do crap...nope....its a 6th. and there's no way adarius bowman is on the board for the 55th pick. and no way does dre moore last till the 87th. unless they have terrible combines. which is unlikely....
That 4.82 is not a misprint. Moore, who excels at stopping the run and getting to the quarterback, is a workout warrior. He'll bench 225 pounds at least 30 times. He has also notched a 34-inch vertical in the past. An expected, excellent combine may get Moore into the first round.

MDSteel15
01-21-2008, 11:47 PM
OK then how's this......
Trade our 1st to Atlanta for their 2 2nd rounders and go:

2a. Williams OT Vandy or Cherilus BC
2b. Bowman WR OSU
2c. Moore DT UMd
3. Williams CB USF
4. Wallace C TA&M
5. Crummy G UMd
7. Brian Witherspoon CB Stillman (5' 10" and runs 4.23 40)

Preacher
01-22-2008, 12:55 AM
OK then how's this......

2b. Bowman WR OSU
2c. Moore DT UMd
3. Williams CB USF
4. Wallace C TA&M
5. Crummy G UMd

No way.. we need a 1st round starter on the oline... then the second pick needs to ALSO go to the oline... unless an ABSOLUTE STUD falls to us in the second round. Then the third round goes right back to the line. However, I would prefer the first and second be O line picks... unless we somehow get Faneca signed... which I doubt (and hope it doesn't happen, unless it is for a VERY small amount).

Preacher
01-22-2008, 01:00 AM
OK then how's this......

2b. Bowman WR OSU
2c. Moore DT UMd
3. Williams CB USF
4. Wallace C TA&M
5. Crummy G UMd

I wouldn't mind taking the 7th if he is there... just taking a shot at that speed working... put him as a gunner, see if he would work as a returner as well... catch the ball, tuck it deep... run straight. Who knows?

Rhee Rhee
01-23-2008, 03:36 AM
I wouldn't mind taking the 7th if he is there... just taking a shot at that speed working... put him as a gunner, see if he would work as a returner as well... catch the ball, tuck it deep... run straight. Who knows?

lets hope he's not like devin hester and lets the ball bounce right off his shoulder pads

Elvis
01-23-2008, 06:46 AM
This is how I would like our first 2 picks to look like:
1st Round: OT Gosder Cherilus 6' 7" 315 lbs Boston College
2nd Round: OG Roy Schuening 6' 4" 315 lbs Oregon St.
Both of these guys have looked really good this week on senior bowl practice so far. They are playing against the 2nd best DT in the draft in Ellis
and Kentwan Balmar from UNC and looking pretty darn good and they are both needy areas..
:coffee:

MDSteel15
01-23-2008, 12:02 PM
Kind of hard to go against Balmer when he isn't there. He's injured.

Rhee Rhee
01-24-2008, 04:00 AM
OK then how's this......

2b. Bowman WR OSU
2c. Moore DT UMd
3. Williams CB USF
4. Wallace C TA&M
5. Crummy G UMd

from what i've been reading bowman's stock is dropping like a hot potatoe... his senior bowl is not cutting it at all and he's had more drops than catches... plus he measured in it 6'2... he was originally listed at 6'4 on some sites..

MDSteel15
01-24-2008, 12:44 PM
Yeah, I've been watching the practices and he is definately blowing it....

2a. Chris Williams OT Vandy or Gosder Cherilus OT Boston College - both are NASTY minded.....
2b. Dre Moore DT UMd - 4.8 40 for a 310 lb DT!!! WOW
2c. Steve Justice C Wake Forrest - bye bye to C problem
3. Chris Johnson RB ECU - if he's here have to take him
4. Davone Bess WR Hawaii - to eventually take over for Hines
5. Andrew Crummy G Maryland - move in next year after backing up this year
7. Brian Witherspoon CB/KR Stillman - 5' 10" and runs 4.23 40!!!!

Rhee Rhee
01-24-2008, 06:51 PM
Yeah, I've been watching the practices and he is definately blowing it....

2a. Chris Williams OT Vandy or Gosder Cherilus OT Boston College - both are NASTY minded.....
2b. Dre Moore DT UMd - 4.8 40 for a 310 lb DT!!! WOW
2c. Steve Justice C Wake Forrest - bye bye to C problem
3. Chris Johnson RB ECU - if he's here have to take him
4. Davone Bess WR Hawaii - to eventually take over for Hines
5. Andrew Crummy G Maryland - move in next year after backing up this year
7. Brian Witherspoon CB/KR Stillman - 5' 10" and runs 4.23 40!!!!

GREAT RECIEVER PICK!

also i usually go the all the UH games and i have noticed that all of the UH recievers are willing and very talented run blockers

lilyoder6
01-24-2008, 08:19 PM
so i'm guessing if we trade our 1sy rd pick to atl that we would have there #1 next yr??

MDSteel15
01-24-2008, 10:36 PM
so i'm guessing if we trade our 1sy rd pick to atl that we would have there #1 next yr??

UMMM, no. We would get both of their 2nd rounders THIS year. They are early 2nd rd picks so it is of equal value.

Rhee Rhee
01-25-2008, 01:43 AM
UMMM, no. We would get both of their 2nd rounders THIS year. They are early 2nd rd picks so it is of equal value.

im sorry but i would MUCH rather have atlanta's 1st pick next year... besides they're still guaranteed to be in the shizzles for a while...

MDSteel15
01-25-2008, 01:47 AM
Who wouldn't want their pick next year? But it just won't happen. The draft value doesn't work like that. If they are that nuts!!! :cheer::cheer::cheer: I won't hate...:party:

Rhee Rhee
01-26-2008, 04:29 PM
Who wouldn't want their pick next year? But it just won't happen. The draft value doesn't work like that. If they are that nuts!!! :cheer::cheer::cheer: I won't hate...:party:

psh everyone thought cleveland would suck... dallas got their first this year... it's a good deal... it probably will happen and if we are lucky enough that a team is shopping to get back into the 1st round we should be the first to pounce on that..

Elvis
01-26-2008, 05:28 PM
This is how I would like our first 2 picks to look like:
1st Round: OT Gosder Cherilus 6' 7" 315 lbs Boston College
2nd Round: OG Roy Schuening 6' 4" 315 lbs Oregon St.
Both of these guys have looked really good this week on senior bowl practice so far. They are playing against the 2nd best DT in the draft in Ellis
and Kentwan Balmar from UNC and looking pretty darn good and they are both needy areas..
:coffee:
UPDATE
I still love these 2 players and I would love to see them be our first 2 picks in April. This is my updated draft wish list:
1st Round OT Gosder Cherilus 6'7" 315 lbs Boston College Has really looked good this week in senior bowl practices against some very good compitition.
2nd Round OG Roy Schuening 6' 4" 318 lbs Oregon St. This young man is nasty and he would be a very nice supplement for Faneca.
3rd Round DE/DT DeMario Pressley 6' 3" 298 lbs. N.C. State
He is a great run defender and can rush the passer as well.
4th Round C John Sullivan 6' 3" 305 lbs Notre Dame
Lots of experience and young, should be a nice fit on our line to carry on the great Steelers tradition at Center.
5th Round MLB Phillip Wheeler 6' 2" 235 G.A. Tech
Would be a great pick to give us some depth, he is A Player
7th Round RB/FB Jacob Hester 5' 10" 230 lbs L.S.U.
This guy is just like Brian Leonard the rookie FB for the Rams this year, he is good at everything, just not Great.

Rhee Rhee
01-26-2008, 08:38 PM
UPDATE
I still love these 2 players and I would love to see them be our first 2 picks in April. This is my updated draft wish list:
1st Round OT Gosder Cherilus 6'7" 315 lbs Boston College Has really looked good this week in senior bowl practices against some very good compitition.
2nd Round OG Roy Schuening 6' 4" 318 lbs Oregon St. This young man is nasty and he would be a very nice supplement for Faneca.
3rd Round DE/DT DeMario Pressley 6' 3" 298 lbs. N.C. State
He is a great run defender and can rush the passer as well.
4th Round C John Sullivan 6' 3" 305 lbs Notre Dame
Lots of experience and young, should be a nice fit on our line to carry on the great Steelers tradition at Center.
5th Round MLB Phillip Wheeler 6' 2" 235 G.A. Tech
Would be a great pick to give us some depth, he is A Player
7th Round RB/FB Jacob Hester 5' 10" 230 lbs L.S.U.
This guy is just like Brian Leonard the rookie FB for the Rams this year, he is good at everything, just not Great.
i'm all for your wishlist... i just dont think wheeler will be availble that late... some are projecting him as a second or third rounder..