PDA

View Full Version : Should the Steelers trade for RB Bush

ricksteelers55
01-21-2008, 04:53 PM
My question is with the recent performance of their backs,the possibility that they could draft RB Darren McFadden,

should the Steelers make a push for former Louisville star RB Michael Bush.

I think they should

I know the guy has missed the entire 07 season,but honestly,Willie Parker is our home run hitter,but we should seriously consider having a rocket backfield system,and even though i love Najeh, I just love MB to the point that I'd love to see Colbert make a move for him.I'm sure we could get him for a 4th or 5th rounder,and when you take a look at our last 4th and 5th rounders in the last couple of years,there's no reason to decline this deal.

What do you guys think?

Dino 6 Rings
01-21-2008, 05:00 PM
The question is, if you're going to do that, and make a trade for a running back, is Michael Bush the guy you really want?

That's the only thing I can see. If you are going to make a move for an RB in the off season, why go for a guy thats completely unproven?

I say trade for Steven Jackson in St Louis. They gave us a legend in waiting once, maybe they'll be stupid enough to do it again. (I know this is not possible, but I love his size and running style and am just day dreaming)

rich4eagle
01-21-2008, 05:03 PM
Well, of course Jackson but I do not think that is in the cards. The Chargers Turner is intriguining though and could be good third down back to complement Willie.........just do not see big value in Davenport

The Duke
01-21-2008, 05:27 PM
just do not see big value in Davenport

a former college student would disagree, lol :poop:

If the steelers want to add another running back I would prefer they tried through the draft, but with so may holes to fill with the draft it would be hard

this trade intrigues me though, wonder if Colbert has taken a look at Bush, he's not bad at all and has fresh legs

Steeler in Carolina
01-21-2008, 05:36 PM
I would love to get Turner, but I think he will get starter money somewhere.

HometownGal
01-21-2008, 06:12 PM
I would love to get Turner, but I think he will get starter money somewhere.

Turner is going to start somewhere in the NFL next season - that's almost a guarantee. I'd love to have either Turner or Justin Fargas in the B & G, but I'm pretty darned satisifed with Willie. :thumbsup:

revefsreleets
01-21-2008, 06:17 PM
I think Gary Russel, with another year of conditioning and the playbook will emerge. The guy was Maroney's back-up and showed no drop-off in performance.

jjpro11
01-21-2008, 06:19 PM
we already passed on bush in the draft.. why would we trade for him now?

Lord Stiller
01-21-2008, 06:38 PM
we already passed on bush in the draft.. why would we trade for him now?

plus there are a boat load of good running backs in the upcoming draft

ChronoCross
01-21-2008, 06:56 PM
I like Ray Rice if we go RB 1st are 2nd round.

19ward86
01-21-2008, 07:19 PM
high risk, questionable reward, answer is no.

ricksteelers55
01-21-2008, 10:17 PM
high risk, questionable reward, answer is no.

True but I think if you dont risk you dont get anything,plus I'm sure we could have him for almost nothing.

I know a lot of people dont like Bush's injury but he has everything to prove and that could be dangerous specially when you know that he has the skills and strength to overcome that injury

should be interesting

Godfather
01-21-2008, 10:23 PM
We can probably snag Jacob Hester in the third round. He has great heart and is a very effective hammer in short yardage situations. Also has a shorter learning curve because the SEC likes to use pro-style defenses.

MDSteel15
01-21-2008, 10:27 PM
He was a questionable 1st round talent before he broke his leg. We' would probably have to give up a higher pick than 4th!

Preacher
01-21-2008, 11:24 PM
I think Gary Russel, with another year of conditioning and the playbook will emerge. The guy was Maroney's back-up and showed no drop-off in performance.

Honestly, I was actually pretty impressed with Carey Davis when he carried the ball.

Rhee Rhee
01-22-2008, 01:37 AM
jonothan stewart isnt falling but the fact is so many other RBs are flying off the board that he might be there when we pick..

changAlang24
01-22-2008, 02:09 AM
jonothan stewart isnt falling but the fact is so many other RBs are flying off the board that he might be there when we pick..

by the time the combine is over J stew will be gone before 20 no doubt.

If we go Power back, Id say Forte or Hester, which would be avail later...

Galax Steeler
01-22-2008, 03:51 AM
I would love to have johnathan stewart but as stated earlier he will probably be gone and we need to address other issues.

Elvis
01-22-2008, 06:20 AM
The question is, if you're going to do that, and make a trade for a running back, is Michael Bush the guy you really want?

That's the only thing I can see. If you are going to make a move for an RB in the off season, why go for a guy thats completely unproven?

I say trade for Steven Jackson in St Louis. They gave us a legend in waiting once, maybe they'll be stupid enough to do it again. (I know this is not possible, but I love his size and running style and am just day dreaming)
I would be happy if the Rams would be stupid enough to trade him to the Steelers for a 1st Round Draft pick and we could throw Willie into the package as well. I love Willie, but Steven Jackson is a beast that definitely would fit the Steelers tradition.

Rick5895
01-22-2008, 06:38 AM
There will plenty of good backs available later, I agree, I love LSU's Hester and he would be a great compliment to Willie, As well, Russell has good upside and he's already ours.
however lets not forget, WE NEED OFFENSIVE LINEMAN!!!!!!!
It Otah is there at our [pick we need to take him!!

Steeldude
01-22-2008, 07:53 AM
My question is with the recent performance of their backs,the possibility that they could draft RB Darren McFadden,

I think they should

I know the guy has missed the entire 07 season,but honestly,Willie Parker is our home run hitter,but we should seriously consider having a rocket backfield system,and even though i love Najeh, I just love MB to the point that I'd love to see Colbert make a move for him.I'm sure we could get him for a 4th or 5th rounder,and when you take a look at our last 4th and 5th rounders in the last couple of years,there's no reason to decline this deal.

What do you guys think?

mcfadden isn't going to help the steelers O-line or D-line. the steelers already have a speedy back in parker. so i seriously doubt there will be a possibility of drafting him.

bush is basically davenport. a big back that doesn't run like a big back.

HometownGal
01-22-2008, 07:56 AM
I would be happy if the Rams would be stupid enough to trade him to the Steelers for a 1st Round Draft pick and we could throw Willie into the package as well. I love Willie, but Steven Jackson is a beast that definitely would fit the Steelers tradition.

No way Jose. :wink02: The Steelers need to address the OL first, then the DL. We have a solid RB in Willie, though he will be coming off of a broken leg. I'm in agreement with most here - grab a RB in a middle round and bring him up via the Steelers way. :thumbsup:

Counselor
01-22-2008, 08:23 AM

I agree. I'd like to see what this kid can do. If we draft a RB this year, I don't think we need to do it very high---we have other issues that need attending first.

revefsreleets
01-22-2008, 08:54 AM
I suspect they will pick up a Rookie FA and maybe draft a guy late (RB) for depth. I'd be very shocked if they made an early move for a running back.

rich4eagle
01-22-2008, 10:05 AM
I agree the Steelers have big problem on the Oline. It played very poorly last year. But I would never pass on a high prob franchise player at a skill position if he is available with the one pick.

At the postion the Steelers pick that is not likely so best athlete in biggest need area may be the best choice......

revefsreleets
01-22-2008, 12:18 PM
If they are serious about an olineman (and I think they are) I suspect they will move up in order to get the guy they target. Also bear in mind that the Steelers usually have unusual criteria for the players they pick, so the guy they want may not be as high on everyone else's board and they may not have to make a move.

The_WARDen
01-22-2008, 12:52 PM

I think they should

What do you guys think?

No! I will be disappointed with anything less than 5 OL/DL draftees this year. All the other positions are fine for me. The lines need to fixed and deepened and then go from there.

lilyoder6
01-22-2008, 01:13 PM
i can see pit get o-line and depth for o-line/d-line.. and a pos. player there or there.

Rhee Rhee
01-23-2008, 02:02 AM
by the time the combine is over J stew will be gone before 20 no doubt.

If we go Power back, Id say Forte or Hester, which would be avail later...

alex ur a broncos fan...

ANYWAY i agree forte and hester will be available but the fact of the matter is we need those later round picks to use on depth at many other positions... DE/DT/CB/WR/OT/OG

changAlang24
01-23-2008, 02:05 AM
rhee rhee, i dont even know u.....

Rhee Rhee
01-23-2008, 02:08 AM
rhee rhee, i dont even know u.....

dont lie alex

as i read more into Michael Bush it seems like he's similar to JB in a sense that he has quick feet and runs north/south... i'd love to have him if we had a draft pick to give... but as of now we dont... (i wish we had the sixth...)

changAlang24
01-23-2008, 02:12 AM
u might be mistaking mee for sum1 elseee.....

Preacher
01-23-2008, 02:14 AM
dont lie alex

as i read more into Michael Bush it seems like he's similar to JB in a sense that he has quick feet and runs north/south... i'd love to have him if we had a draft pick to give... but as of now we dont... (i wish we had the sixth...)

Give next year's sixth to them. I have no problem with that.

I agree it would be nice to have a sixth, but honestly, how many sixth round choices make an impact in the NFL. Brady is a longshot. It would rather have traded it for Rossum... because we didn't LOSE games on his fumbles, thank goodness. It was the only marked increase I saw in our ST's this year.

FSUBoo
01-25-2008, 10:12 AM
I don't see us going after a RB very high. Ray Rice is alot like Willie Parker. Fast and small. He has surprising power for his size, but so does Willie. I think we should go for OL early, then maydo do a RB in the mid to late rounds of the draft. I think if he's there, Jamaal Charles of Texas would be a good fit for the Steelers. He's more of a power back, but he shows some speed.

Dino 6 Rings
01-25-2008, 11:24 AM
cough Felix cough Jones...

Lord Stiller
01-25-2008, 12:47 PM
cough Felix cough Jones...

cough Offensive cough Line cough first

cough Jones cough will be gone cough by our second pick cough

Jeremy
01-25-2008, 01:16 PM
If the player was Reggie Bush, then hell yes.

But that fat slob from Louisville? Hell no!

lilyoder6
01-25-2008, 01:18 PM
i think u guys need to take some cough medicine.... if i was Pitt FO and i wanted to trade for bush.. i would wait until draft day to see if i could get a good rb with a late pick.. then if nothing availbe and u don't trust najah then maybe..

steel58
01-25-2008, 01:36 PM
I think the Steelers should draft the best OL available in first round (as long as no more than 3 or so have already been taken), then trade up for the best DB or pass rushing DE in round 2 (or late round 1). They will still have to pick up at least 1 OL in FA, and possibly someone like Turner from SD or Bryant Johnson at a skill position, then hopefully develop from the draft to fill the rest of the holes

Dino 6 Rings
01-25-2008, 01:42 PM
cough Offensive cough Line cough first

cough Jones cough will be gone cough by our second pick cough

cough, you're right, cough, I'm just sick and daydreaming about KO returns, cough

we're taking a tackle in the 1st round. No doubt.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
01-25-2008, 06:10 PM
dont lie alex

I would'nt mind if we gave up say a fourth or fifth round pick in the 2009 draft but our picks this year just seam to valuable with the O and D line problems.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
01-25-2008, 06:11 PM
Double post.

Stlrs4Life
01-26-2008, 08:29 PM
No, this team has more glaring needs than at RB.