PDA

View Full Version : MY STEELERS ALTERNATE YELLOW JERSEY

SMR
01-21-2008, 07:29 PM
Hi all!

I've always wished that Pittsburgh would come out with an alternate version of the home jersey (as many NFL teams have done). For example the Chicago Bears home colors are mainly navy blue and some orange and they wore alternate orange jerseys in some of their games. Pittsburgh home color of course is mainly black with some yellow and so I bought a blank yellow jersey with spandex sides and had work done on it. Hope you can see the pics and let me know what you think!

PisnNapalm
01-21-2008, 08:15 PM
I think it's pretty slick looking. I'd wear it.

SMR
01-21-2008, 08:28 PM

Thanks man! It's a real hoot to wear it and fits nicely and snug like a game cut jersey. I had it customized somewhat into a Nike Proline style jersey.

Stu Pidasso
01-21-2008, 10:29 PM
While I LOVE the black home jersey (I just think we look meaner in it) I wouldn't have a problem with this yellow jersey being the away jersey, and we get rid of the white.

SMR
01-21-2008, 11:15 PM
While I LOVE the black home jersey (I just think we look meaner in it) I wouldn't have a problem with this yellow jersey being the away jersey, and we get rid of the white.

You know what? That sounds like an awesome idea! I would def go with that.. :thumbsup:

geo111
01-22-2008, 07:28 PM
The white jersey took us to our last Superbowl.

That being said, I really like your gold jersey

sherlock
01-23-2008, 08:32 AM
I like it SMR!!
It would look really good as the away jersey :cheers:

PisnNapalm
01-23-2008, 10:04 AM
How much did it cost to make and you can you make on in an extra large? :) Maybe put the number 83 on the front and back and the name Miller across the shoulders?

tony hipchest
01-23-2008, 11:10 AM
excellent work!

sherlock
01-23-2008, 12:19 PM
How much did it cost to make and you can you make on in an extra large? :) Maybe put the number 83 on the front and back and the name Miller across the shoulders?

Are you taking orders SMR.....If so put me down for one!
The only thing I don`t like is the elasticated ends of the sleeves.

klick81
01-23-2008, 01:32 PM
Hmm...looks good, but maybe removing the white from the sleeves would make it look even better IMO.

steelersfanmx
01-23-2008, 01:48 PM
I really like this Jersey!...
so you made it? WOW!...
Looks very professional..:thumbsup:

SMR
01-23-2008, 06:36 PM
The white jersey took us to our last Superbowl.

That being said, I really like your gold jersey

Thanks man! I do like the white away jersey it's just that I think the gold color has a better look and more vibrant and bold. While I personally do not wish for the Steelers to do away with the white altogether they could use the yellow version every so often. I think it would rock!

SMR
01-23-2008, 07:24 PM
Thanks so much for the cool comments all! I found a yellow/gold blank jersey WITH spandex sides and cuffed sleeves at a team sports website that sells high school sports jerseys (blank or customized). I bought the blank jersey for $50. I wanted to make the jersey look as much as an authentic pro football jersey as possible. Fortunately I already had an authentic Nike Pro Line Kordell Stewart Steelers jersey, and I unstitched the NFL logo collar patch, the Nike Pro Line jock tag, and cut out the Steelers team logo patch. I also had an extra Jerome Bettis authentic Reebok away jersey (and it was too big for me anyway), and I unstitched the front, back, and shoulder black numbers. I unstitched the Bettis name from the back. The letters were yellow with black underlay. I removed/unstitched the yellow letters and kept the black letters. Then I went to Joann Fabrics and bought a sheet of iron on adhesive paper backing. After I finished ironing the adhesive paper backing onto the numbers, patches, etc, I positioned them onto the jersey and ironed them on. I then went to a reliable seamstress/tailor shop and had them sew the numbers and patches. Finally, I went to a very reputable sports customizing shop and had them stitch the colored stripes onto the sleeves. I then added the black Nike swooshes above the stripes on the sleeves. I was soooo thrilled with the finished product and am really proud to own it. I think it looks pretty durn professional from a nobody like me!
:tt02:

SMR
01-23-2008, 07:38 PM
Are you taking orders SMR.....If so put me down for one!
The only thing I don`t like is the elasticated ends of the sleeves.

Sorry, I am not taking orders since I can't. This is mainly due to the fact that the only place that was willing to provide and add the stripes onto the sleeves no longer do it. I even had to "persuade" them to do it for me in the first place (even though they were not authorized to do so due to policy!) I can't really disclose much more than that, seriously.
About the elasticated end of the sleeves- I understand. I just could not find a yellow blank with smooth banded sleeves (and I've looked EVERYWHERE). But hey, like I said before, I tried to make this jersey as close to an authentic pro jersey as possible. :thumbsup:

Borski
01-23-2008, 07:43 PM
I had an idea like this before
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=13877
http://borski88.googlepages.com/steelersaltuni.gif

SMR
01-23-2008, 07:59 PM
I had an idea like this before
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=13877
http://borski88.googlepages.com/steelersaltuni.gif

I had no idea! That's really cool, but I'd prefer the collar be yellow like the yellow jersey (as the Steelers black jersey has a black collar/ white jersey white collar). Also, the black jersey has yellow and white stripes on their sleeves so I think the yellow jersey should have black and white stripes (exact opposite as the black jersey). This is just my opinion. Where did you get that pic? Source? It's really cool! I totally dig the black pants with the yellow stripe- that's HOT!! :jammin:

P.S. Never mind, I found the source, thanks for the link dude!

Borski
01-24-2008, 12:24 AM
]Where did you get that pic? Source? It's really cool! I totally dig the black pants with the yellow stripe- that's HOT!! :jammin:

P.S. Never mind, I found the source, thanks for the link dude!

I edited a pic from sportslogos.net

sherlock
01-24-2008, 03:54 AM
I reckon SMR`s jersey and Borski`s pants.....have you guys thought about approaching the Rooneys with your ideas?
Maybe the Steelers aren`t the best at the moment but they would certainly look the coolest in that strip!

SMR
01-24-2008, 04:45 PM
I reckon SMR`s jersey and Borski`s pants.....have you guys thought about approaching the Rooneys with your ideas?
Maybe the Steelers aren`t the best at the moment but they would certainly look the coolest in that strip!

I agree. I think they would look fantastic together like that. That would be great if the Rooneys could be approached with this, but how in the world would I be able to contact them or the Steelers organization? I don't just mean by going to steelers.com, but who and where more specifically should I contact?

BlackAndGold4Ever
01-24-2008, 07:48 PM
Really really really cool! I've always thought the steelers should make an alternate uniform. I actually made a similar uniform in Madden

SMR
01-24-2008, 10:49 PM
Really really really cool! I've always thought the steelers should make an alternate uniform. I actually made a similar uniform in Madden

Thanks man! I just wish they would. Maybe if I knew specifically who to contact and how to contact that person/s I would suggest a petition of some sort and try to get enough sigs to send to that particular person. So are you able to provide a screencap or image of the similar jersey you made in Madden? Would be cool to see it!

sherlock
01-25-2008, 02:14 AM
I agree. I think they would look fantastic together like that. That would be great if the Rooneys could be approached with this, but how in the world would I be able to contact them or the Steelers organization? I don't just mean by going to steelers.com, but who and where more specifically should I contact?

I don`t know SMR...Perhaps someone on this forum has contacts within the team and could help you out.

Dodt
01-25-2008, 12:35 PM
i say would start a online pettion,show off the jersey to other steelers forums(to get a general concensus from the net.) Then when the pettion hits a certain number of signatures i would say at least 3,500. send it to both the steelers(i would say someone in either PR or marketing ) and the post (to see what the locals think about the idea).

SMR
01-25-2008, 07:22 PM
i say would start a online pettion,show off the jersey to other steelers forums(to get a general concensus from the net.) Then when the pettion hits a certain number of signatures i would say at least 3,500. send it to both the steelers(i would say someone in either PR or marketing ) and the post (to see what the locals think about the idea).

I am now seriously considering this and will look into it. I have an idea or two up my sleeves and will let you guys know. The more support this gets the better it will be.
:thumbsup:

Steeler in Carolina
01-25-2008, 07:47 PM
That is one sweet looking shirt. I love it.:jammin:

SMR
01-25-2008, 10:27 PM
That is one sweet looking shirt. I love it.:jammin:

Thanks dude! I would be fine if the steelers refused to wear the yellow version for their games as long as they allow Reebok or whoever to make the jerseys just for the fans (as in the case of the Steelers gray storm jerseys- not used in the games but just made for the fans)! I do hope they would make the yellow jersey as an AUTHENTIC jersey as opposed to only a replica or EQT. That would be sweeeeet!!
:cheers:

Stillers33
01-26-2008, 03:47 PM
nice luv it

Big7BenHOF
01-27-2008, 03:14 AM
Gotta be honest with ya, don't like it. Nice job, looks like you put a lot of time and effort into it, but I just don't like it. Too obtrusive for me.

Hobbes
01-27-2008, 11:27 AM
Gotta be honest with ya, don't like it. Nice job, looks like you put a lot of time and effort into it, but I just don't like it. Too obtrusive for me.

I'm going to have to agree here, props to you for all the work you put in on it. Maybe I'm too old school, I like the black and white. I dont think the NFL will allow yellow as an alternate for white and we HAVE to wear black at home.

Steel Duck
01-27-2008, 03:30 PM
I'm going to have to agree here, props to you for all the work you put in on it. Maybe I'm too old school, I like the black and white. I dont think the NFL will allow yellow as an alternate for white and we HAVE to wear black at home.

I have to agree with the hubby here....You did a great job on it, and I'm sure it took lots of time...but I ain't feeln it. Sorry....
I too prefer the black and white.
And besides I could no longer call them my men in black.............

SMR
01-27-2008, 04:18 PM

I know the NFL might not allow the yellow and you obviously have not read my previous post, so I will post it again:

I would be fine if the steelers refused (or aren't allowed) to wear the yellow version for their games as long as they allow Reebok or whoever to make the jerseys just for the fans (as in the case of the Steelers gray storm jerseys- not used in the games but just made for the fans)!

Also, if you are too "old school" then simply don't buy a yellow version if it comes out. Some people liked the gray storm jerseys, some didn't.

SMR
01-27-2008, 04:22 PM
I have to agree with the hubby here....You did a great job on it, and I'm sure it took lots of time...but I ain't feeln it. Sorry....
I too prefer the black and white.
And besides I could no longer call them my men in black.............

I understand but first of all, the yellow would NEVER replace the black jersey so you can still call them your men in black. I was talking about the yellow being an occasional substitue for the AWAY jersey IF allowed. Only occasionally. If not, they can just make one for the fans just as they did with the gray Storm jersey.

Steel Duck
01-27-2008, 04:31 PM
I understand but first of all, the yellow would NEVER replace the black jersey so you can still call them your men in black. I was talking about the yellow being an occasional substitue for the AWAY jersey IF allowed. Only occasionally. If not, they can just make one for the fans just as they did with the gray Storm jersey.

I see what you're saying....but did you not ask for opinions? I believe that's what we gave you.

SMR
01-27-2008, 04:34 PM
[QUOTE=Steel Duck;361201]I see what you're saying....but did you not ask for opinions? I believe that's what we gave you.[/QUOTE

Of course opinions are welcome.
:wink02:

SMR
01-28-2008, 05:39 PM
Hey Hobbes, I sent you a PM. Check it out.
:smile:

Alsteel
08-23-2012, 04:17 AM
Why can't the steelers wear yellow as the third jersey,dolphins,bears,bengals ,etc all do it. SMR i love it

tcseacliff
10-30-2012, 09:37 PM

http://i.imgur.com/A6J2b.jpg

maybe the uniform guy was doing some wheelin an dealin and got "stung". his supplier asked him if he wanted some "freebies" you know the rest!

This is a throw back uniform should have thrown it back !

stb_steeler
11-01-2012, 01:49 PM
Thanks so much for the cool comments all! I found a yellow/gold blank jersey WITH spandex sides and cuffed sleeves at a team sports website that sells high school sports jerseys (blank or customized). I bought the blank jersey for $50. I wanted to make the jersey look as much as an authentic pro football jersey as possible. Fortunately I already had an authentic Nike Pro Line Kordell Stewart Steelers jersey, and I unstitched the NFL logo collar patch, the Nike Pro Line jock tag, and cut out the Steelers team logo patch. I also had an extra Jerome Bettis authentic Reebok away jersey (and it was too big for me anyway), and I unstitched the front, back, and shoulder black numbers. I unstitched the Bettis name from the back. The letters were yellow with black underlay. I removed/unstitched the yellow letters and kept the black letters. Then I went to Joann Fabrics and bought a sheet of iron on adhesive paper backing. After I finished ironing the adhesive paper backing onto the numbers, patches, etc, I positioned them onto the jersey and ironed them on. I then went to a reliable seamstress/tailor shop and had them sew the numbers and patches. Finally, I went to a very reputable sports customizing shop and had them stitch the colored stripes onto the sleeves. I then added the black Nike swooshes above the stripes on the sleeves. I was soooo thrilled with the finished product and am really proud to own it. I think it looks pretty durn professional from a nobody like me!
:tt02:

It is definitely better than those Fugly things they were wearing Sunday...lol

White_Steel_Wolfe
11-02-2012, 04:49 PM
It is definitely better than those Fugly things they were wearing Sunday...lol

I love the throw backs.

beer72
11-05-2012, 09:52 AM
:tt04: