PDA

View Full Version : Brady in a boot

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
01-21-2008, 09:45 PM
Video from TMZ - his right foot is in a boot and you can detect a limp in his get along.

http://www.tmz.com/tmz_main_video?titleid=1386375873

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Walking-wounded-Brady-spotted-in-cast?urn=nfl,62907

nojobny
01-22-2008, 12:21 AM
Oh there's hope! Brady was definitely injured in Sunday's game.

http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2008/0121/nfl_brady_boot_400.jpg
Tom Brady is seen wearing a walking cast while in New York on Monday.

Brady wearing walking cast while on visit to New York

ESPN.com news services
Updated: January 22, 2008, 12:04 AM ET

The New England Patriots have sauntered through the rest of the league this year. But on the verge of perfection, their leader has come up gimpy.

Photographs and video show Tom Brady wearing what appears to be a walking cast while in New York on Monday. A video of Brady in the cast is available on TMZ.com.
The Boston Herald reported that Brady -- flowers in hand -- was visiting the apartment of his girlfriend, Gisele Bundchen.
During his weekly radio show on WEEI, Brady did not deny that he suffered some sort of injury during Sunday's win over the San Diego Chargers in the AFC Championship Game.

"Ah, you know, there's always bumps and bruises. I'll be ready for the Super Bowl," Brady said. "I'm not worried about that. I'm not missing this one. I'd have to be on a stretcher to miss this one. There will be treatment this week. In games like this, you get a little nicked up. It's nothing serious."

Brady, who threw 50 touchdown passes and only eight interceptions during the regular season, was not at his best on Sunday. He threw three interceptions in the 21-12 victory over the Chargers.

He now has two weeks to recover. The Patriots' Super Bowl matchup against the New York Giants is Feb. 3.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs07/news/story?id=3207592&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

Preacher
01-22-2008, 12:30 AM
Wow...

Something smells in here.

Oh yeah.. HE IS FULL OF IT.

He shows up IN NY, the day after the game, 2 weeks before the SB against the NY GIANTS... walking around with a cast boot on his leg?

yeah, I am really believing that one.

fansince'76
01-22-2008, 12:35 AM
Wow...

Something smells in here.

Oh yeah.. HE IS FULL OF IT.

He shows up IN NY, the day after the game, 2 weeks before the SB against the NY GIANTS... walking around with a cast boot on his leg?

yeah, I am really believing that one.

Agreed - just like his 2-year-old+ "shoulder injury." I'm sure he'll come down with a 105-degree fever the night before the game that he'll valiantly fight through as well. :rolleyes:

Preacher
01-22-2008, 12:39 AM
Agreed - just like his 2-year-old+ "shoulder injury." I'm sure he'll come down with a 105-degree fever the night before the game that he'll valiantly fight through as well. :rolleyes:

Not to mention he will have to walk 4 miles in snow barefoot in Arizona to the game!!

X-Terminator
01-22-2008, 01:18 AM
My Bullshit Detector is going haywire right now...

Preacher
01-22-2008, 01:22 AM
My Bullshit Detector is going haywire right now...

:sofunny: Yep.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-22-2008, 05:27 AM
I dont know what strikes me as more of a lie in that picture...1) the supposed foot injury to excuse his bad game...or 2) the flowers for his supposed "girlfriend" when we know he is headed to Belichicks house to "study tape".:wink02:

msafford
01-22-2008, 07:21 AM
He probably just "slipped" while "picking up the soap" in the shower after the game on Sunday. :wink02:

HometownGal
01-22-2008, 08:37 AM
Just one more tidbit of bullshit to add to the Cheats* long, long, LONG list of fallacies.

http://www.voxpublishing.com/Red%20bullshit%20detector.jpg

TackleMeBen
01-22-2008, 09:26 AM
Just one more tidbit of bullshit to add to the Cheats* long, long, LONG list of fallacies.

http://www.voxpublishing.com/Red%20bullshit%20detector.jpg

that is too much..:sofunny::sofunny:

RoethlisBURGHer
01-22-2008, 10:41 AM
i sure hope the Giants defense hits Brady so hard he ends up in a cast for real, not just show.

HometownGal
01-22-2008, 04:46 PM
Seems like His Fairyness got caught without his "boot". Me definitely smells bullshit now. :poop:

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/F/FBN_BRADY_PHOTO?SITE=PAPIT&SECTION=SPORTS&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Photos Show Tom Brady Shed Walking Boot

By HOWARD ULMAN
AP Sports Writer

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP) -- Has Tom Brady given the boot to the boot? Hours after being photographed with a walking boot on his right foot as he followed girlfriend Gisele Bundchen into her New York apartment on Monday, other pictures showed the New England Patriots quarterback wearing black shoes - and no boot - when he showed up at a New York hotspot.

The Web site PageSix.com had two photos - credited to INFDaily.com - that showed Brady wearing blue jeans and a black sweater with the black shoes and no boot. In one photo, he was followed by Bundchen as they arrived at the club Butter in New York, the Web site said.

Earlier Monday, several Web sites had photos - credited to infphoto.com - that showed Brady wearing a walking boot on his right foot. A video of Brady walking with a slight limp from an SUV to Bundchen's home is also available on TMZ.com.

Brady, this season's NFL MVP, and the New England Patriots are headed to the Feb. 3 Super Bowl against the New York Giants.

The chief of the foot and ankle division at Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston said Brady doesn't appear to be seriously injured.

Dr. Chris Chiodo, who is not treating Brady, said he has used a boot to treat several ailments, including a sprain, a strain, a bone bruise, tendinitis or overuse of the foot. He said he strongly doubted Brady had a displaced fracture.

"I don't think he'd be walking on it if that were the case," Chiodo, an orthopedic surgeon told The Associated Press in a telephone interview.

Patriots spokesman Stacey James said the team had no comment. Brady's agent, Donald Yee, did not return a phone call or e-mail seeking comment.

Brady did not appear to be limping during Sunday's game before he was sacked by Igor Olshansky and Stephen Cooper with just over eight minutes to go. He had thrown three interceptions before that. After the sack, he completed all four of his passes.

Brady has been extremely durable in his NFL career. He started his 126th consecutive game Sunday when the Patriots beat San Diego 21-12 in the AFC championship. In that game, the Chargers' Philip Rivers took all his team's snaps and threw for 211 yards despite arthroscopic surgery on his right knee six days earlier.

The Patriots backup quarterbacks are Matt Cassel and Matt Gutierrez. Cassel has thrown 39 passes in his three NFL seasons, all with New England. Gutierrez, a rookie, completed the only pass he threw this season.

Coach Bill Belichick was not available for comment Tuesday. He was not asked about Brady's physical condition during his news conference Monday. Players were given three days off after Sunday's game and were not available.

During his weekly radio appearance on WEEI on Monday, Brady was asked if his leg was injured.

"Ah, you know, there's always bumps and bruises. I'll be ready for the Super Bowl," he said before the photos and video emerged. "I'm not worried about that. I'm not missing this one. I'd have to be on a stretcher to miss this one. There will be treatment this week. In games like this, you get a little nicked up. It's nothing serious."

touchdownward
01-22-2008, 06:40 PM
A real Puss in Boots he is. :chuckle:

SteelCityMan786
01-22-2008, 08:28 PM
A real Puss in Boots he is. :chuckle:

Yeah, sort of like that sore right shoulder he's faking.

MasterOfPuppets
01-22-2008, 08:35 PM
http://http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/558/smellslikebsah2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

The Patriot
01-22-2008, 08:56 PM
I think its probably another one of his fashion statements.

RoethlisBURGHer
01-22-2008, 09:20 PM

And in today's news...the new fashon statement in Boston is the walking boot! Everyone has been doing it since the New England Patriot's Tom Brady was caught wearing one on an ininjured leg in New York!

steelers2685
01-22-2008, 09:27 PM
What an idiot. Anything to try to make him out to be perfect and a hero. Criminitly. Id love to see him get crushed by the G-men in the first quarter, miss the rest of the game, and have their backup who hasn't seen action since 3rd qyarter of the Dolphins game try and take over.

Eli woudl then be a hero :lol:

HometownGal
01-22-2008, 09:34 PM

Well, tell the schmuck to add this to his list of fashion statements so that his spawn aren't spread all over the country . . .:horror: Dude probably gets cards from all over the world on Fathers Day.

http://images.jupiterimages.com/common/detail/50/46/22774650.jpg

The Patriot
01-22-2008, 09:49 PM
Dude probably gets cards from all over the world on Fathers Day.

That is so bad. :shake01:
Yet so funny. :chuckle:
Yet probably true. :pity:

CASTEEL
01-23-2008, 04:12 AM
"I'd have to be on a stretcher to miss this one"

Please O' Please someone make that come true in the first quarter.... come on Strahan ... you can do it!!!

Rhee Rhee
01-23-2008, 04:24 AM
psh the media at it again... i just wish that the espn and other media sources would like stop printing anything about the patriots... enuff is enuff... who cares about the patriots... all u need to know is they cheat and the media thinks they're gold...

stlrtruck
01-23-2008, 08:32 AM
They are using this as a, "Jordanesque" type situation. Injured before the Super Bowl, come out and play with a bad sprained little toe....heard it before, seen it before, and don't believe it anymore!!!

Counselor
01-23-2008, 10:55 AM
They are using this as a, "Jordanesque" type situation. Injured before the Super Bowl, come out and play with a bad sprained little toe....heard it before, seen it before, and don't believe it anymore!!!

Brady's just trying to "one up" Philip Rivers and his torn ACL. I bet Carson Palmer is feeling like a pansy now---geez if Rivers could play why couldn he! *sarcasm*

Yes I'm a bit off topic---but am I the only one why questions the whole---"my ACL is gone" thing from Rivers----??? that's another one I'm not completely buying.

stlrtruck
01-23-2008, 12:14 PM
There's a patria-cheats fan here at work who later TMZ had a video of brady walking the streets of ny without a limp.

Paps and press have been swarming the apartment since TMZ caught Brady leaving Gisele's place with a foot cast Monday afternoon. There was no cast when our cameras caught him twice yesterday, and -- sorry Giants fans -- barely a hint of a limp.

video - http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid285859616/bclid294430730/bctid1387918212

tony hipchest
01-23-2008, 12:24 PM
There's a patria-cheats fan here at work who later TMZ had a video of brady walking the streets of ny without a limp.

Paps and press have been swarming the apartment since TMZ caught Brady leaving Gisele's place with a foot cast Monday afternoon. There was no cast when our cameras caught him twice yesterday, and -- sorry Giants fans -- barely a hint of a limp.

video - http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid285859616/bclid294430730/bctid1387918212
yep. its true. yesterday, brady was seen leaving heath ledgers appartment in a pair of high heeled black cowboy boots. :sissies:

if high heel boots (i believe wilbon called them expensive stillettos?) arent flaming i dont know what is.

fansince'76
01-23-2008, 12:33 PM

BINGO! More media-induced myth-making bullshit. It's not enough that he's going for a 4th ring in 7 years, or that his team is going for only the 2nd undefeated season in NFL history. No, he has to have some personal "obstacle" to overcome while doing it. Give me a break. Sorry Tom, your cover has been long since blown - every real football fan knows you're a metrosexual puss. :yawn: :coffee:

verks36
01-23-2008, 12:52 PM
The way I see it Is that Brady is just setting up an excuse if he loses to the Giants.

he is going to pull the " O well I wasnt a 100%" crap

SteelersMongol
01-23-2008, 01:12 PM
He probably just "slipped" while "picking up the soap" in the shower after the game on Sunday. :wink02:

:toofunny: Ha ha ha. That one sounds more real 2 me. :toofunny:

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
01-24-2008, 08:39 PM
Brady MIA from practice ----

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2008/01/practice_report_46.html

Practice report -- no Brady
Email|Link|Comments (6) Posted by Mike Reiss, Globe Staff January 24, 2008 01:22 PM

FOXBOROUGH -- The Patriots are holding their afternoon practice inside the Dana-Farber Field House today. The workout is being held in full pads.

QB Tom Brady, S Rodney Harrison and S Mel Mitchell were the lone players not present for the media-access portion of the workout, which included stretching and one set of positional drills.

The absence of Brady, who was spotted Monday with a protective brace over his right foot, is naturally the biggest news. Although his high ankle sprain is considered minor, it was enough to at least keep him away for the early parts of practice.

That left Matt Cassel and Matt Gutierrez as the lone quarterbacks on the field for the media-access portion of practice.

Harrison has been battling a thigh injury in recent weeks, while Mitchell missed last week's game due to his biceps.

Five players wore black jerseys as the practice players of the week for their efforts leading into the Chargers' game -- Gutierrez, Cassel, S Willie Andrews, S Ray Ventrone and OL Wesley Britt.

HometownGal
01-25-2008, 07:52 AM
Sounds like the boys are a little too accommodating in their responses about A$$ Chin to the media, which tells me they are scared shitless that Goat Boy may not play or be up to par. :horror:

I have to LMAO at Beliprick's* statement regarding the injury report. Wonder if he'll list Tommy's 2 year shoulder "problem" on the report as well? Ass.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/F/FBN_PATRIOTS_BRADY?SITE=PAPIT&SECTION=SPORTS&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Brady's Teammates Sure He'll Play

By HOWARD ULMAN
AP Sports Writer

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP) -- Tom Brady was nowhere to be found by reporters and cameraman waiting eagerly for the star quarterback, with or without his famous boot. His teammates are certain where to find him on Feb. 3 - on a Super Bowl field for the fourth time in his career and leading his heavily favored New England Patriots against the New York Giants.

"I know he'll be ready to play. He always is," running back Heath Evans said Thursday. "He looks fine to me."

On Monday, Brady was photographed in Manhattan with a walking boot on his right foot, a protective device he had removed before going to a club that night with his girlfriend Gisele Bundchen. The much-publicized boot didn't turn up in any pictures or video taken of him Tuesday by celebrity chasers.

Yet it gained celebrity status itself.

"Well, considering the fact that he always has cameras in his face, I guess it was only a matter of time," Evans said of the superstar who squires a supermodel around New York City.

The fact he walked with the boot with only a slight limp that wasn't evident later was a sign that his injury wasn't serious. It turned out to be a minor high ankle sprain, according to published reports.

The NFL MVP apparently sustained it in Sunday's 21-12 win over the San Diego Chargers in the AFC championship game. He had two weeks for it to heal before the Super Bowl.

"I don't foresee him not being in this game," defensive end Richard Seymour said.

Brady has been in the Patriots' past 126 games, the third-longest current starting streak among active quarterbacks behind Brett Favre and Peyton Manning.

Teammates praise his dedication in the weight room that helps him remain durable.

"He puts in the work to be one of the elite players because when Tom first got here, he was a slim, skinny kid," Seymour said, "and now you kind of look at him and he has legs, chest.

"He's in there doing Olympic lifts and working out in the offseason just like he was an offensive or defensive lineman. He's a part of us and that's the way he carries himself."

The Patriots returned to practice Thursday after three days off.

Photographers and reporters waited for Brady to walk, limp or even crawl in. They didn't see any of that.

Brady never showed up in the locker room for the 45 minutes in which the media were allowed inside. Then he was a no-show for the 15-minute media access period at practice. Seldom-used backups Matt Cassel and Matt Gutierrez never had so many cameras focused on them as photographers waited in vain for the leader of the quarterbacks to start stretching beside them.

That was quite a change from early in the week when Brady walked through a bunch of scampering videographers and photographers near Bundchen's home, an obstacle that could be as intimidating as the Giants' fierce pass rush.

But he handled it with poise, neither smiling nor frowning much, if at all, and not responding to comments from the paparazzi.

"I think Tom's one of the toughest players on our team, mentally and physically," coach Bill Belichick said at his news conference Thursday. "He works hard and he can be focused on his job regardless of what's going on in all of the surroundings - the crowd, the game, the whatever it is, stuff flying around him - but he's very calm. He's a great competitor, but he's very calm."

Belichick said he had no comment on Brady's injury.

Then he showed a spark of wit that has turned up more frequently in recent weeks.

"The injury report will be out next Wednesday and we're excited to give that to you. That form will be filled out completely and I can't wait to give that to everybody," Belichick said with a grin. "I know you're anxious for it, so when it's due on Wednesday, we'll have it for you. Don't worry about that."
Several players brushed off questions about Brady.

Running back Kevin Faulk, said he "changed the channel" when the boot came on his TV screen.

Wide receiver Randy Moss must have been happy that Brady, accidentally or intentionally, took the spotlight off the potential distraction of the previous week, a temporary restraining order against Moss obtained by a longtime girlfriend. Moss didn't talk to reporters Thursday.

Seymour said he paid more attention to the bouquet of white flowers Brady was toting in his hand than the white boot on his foot.

"Every channel I turned to, there it was, magnifying in on the boot," he said, smiling. "To me, the good part was the flowers."

To most other people, the focus was on a simple piece of overexposed footwear similar to that worn by thousands of other athletes with minor injuries, an object that generated so many pictures and headlines and so much worry by Patriots fans.

Now that the paparazzi have moved on to other targets, would Belichick portray the boot flap as a non-issue?

"Portray it however you want," the coach said.

And wait for the injury report.

tony hipchest
01-25-2008, 10:01 AM
"He puts in the work to be one of the elite players because when Tom first got here, he was a slim, skinny kid," Seymour said, "and now you kind of look at him and he has legs, chest.

"He's in there doing Olympic lifts and working out in the offseason just like he was an offensive or defensive lineman. He's a part of us and that's the way he carries himself."

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/title_Picture_bv.jpg

MasterOfPuppets
01-25-2008, 02:00 PM
Seymour said, "and now you kind of look at him and he has legs, chest...:love:

Seymour said he paid more attention to the bouquet of white flowers Brady was toting in his hand than the white boot on his foot.....:hmmph:could "richard" be jealous ?

HometownGal
01-25-2008, 04:20 PM
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/title_Picture_bv.jpg

LOL! :toofunny: Personally, I think Goat Boy gets his "legs and chest" from ingesting large amounts of "protein". :chicken:

Rhee Rhee
01-27-2008, 02:18 AM
Sounds like the boys are a little too accommodating in their responses about A$$ Chin to the media, which tells me they are scared shitless that Goat Boy may not play or be up to par. :horror:

I have to LMAO at Beliprick's* statement regarding the injury report. Wonder if he'll list Tommy's 2 year shoulder "problem" on the report as well? Ass.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/F/FBN_PATRIOTS_BRADY?SITE=PAPIT&SECTION=SPORTS&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Brady's Teammates Sure He'll Play

By HOWARD ULMAN
AP Sports Writer

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP) -- Tom Brady was nowhere to be found by reporters and cameraman waiting eagerly for the star quarterback, with or without his famous boot. His teammates are certain where to find him on Feb. 3 - on a Super Bowl field for the fourth time in his career and leading his heavily favored New England Patriots against the New York Giants.

"I know he'll be ready to play. He always is," running back Heath Evans said Thursday. "He looks fine to me."

On Monday, Brady was photographed in Manhattan with a walking boot on his right foot, a protective device he had removed before going to a club that night with his girlfriend Gisele Bundchen. The much-publicized boot didn't turn up in any pictures or video taken of him Tuesday by celebrity chasers.

Yet it gained celebrity status itself.

"Well, considering the fact that he always has cameras in his face, I guess it was only a matter of time," Evans said of the superstar who squires a supermodel around New York City.

The fact he walked with the boot with only a slight limp that wasn't evident later was a sign that his injury wasn't serious. It turned out to be a minor high ankle sprain, according to published reports.

The NFL MVP apparently sustained it in Sunday's 21-12 win over the San Diego Chargers in the AFC championship game. He had two weeks for it to heal before the Super Bowl.

"I don't foresee him not being in this game," defensive end Richard Seymour said.

Brady has been in the Patriots' past 126 games, the third-longest current starting streak among active quarterbacks behind Brett Favre and Peyton Manning.

Teammates praise his dedication in the weight room that helps him remain durable.

The Patriots returned to practice Thursday after three days off.

Photographers and reporters waited for Brady to walk, limp or even crawl in. They didn't see any of that.

Brady never showed up in the locker room for the 45 minutes in which the media were allowed inside. Then he was a no-show for the 15-minute media access period at practice. Seldom-used backups Matt Cassel and Matt Gutierrez never had so many cameras focused on them as photographers waited in vain for the leader of the quarterbacks to start stretching beside them.

That was quite a change from early in the week when Brady walked through a bunch of scampering videographers and photographers near Bundchen's home, an obstacle that could be as intimidating as the Giants' fierce pass rush.

But he handled it with poise, neither smiling nor frowning much, if at all, and not responding to comments from the paparazzi.

"I think Tom's one of the toughest players on our team, mentally and physically," coach Bill Belichick said at his news conference Thursday. "He works hard and he can be focused on his job regardless of what's going on in all of the surroundings - the crowd, the game, the whatever it is, stuff flying around him - but he's very calm. He's a great competitor, but he's very calm."

Belichick said he had no comment on Brady's injury.

Then he showed a spark of wit that has turned up more frequently in recent weeks.

"The injury report will be out next Wednesday and we're excited to give that to you. That form will be filled out completely and I can't wait to give that to everybody," Belichick said with a grin. "I know you're anxious for it, so when it's due on Wednesday, we'll have it for you. Don't worry about that."
Several players brushed off questions about Brady.

Running back Kevin Faulk, said he "changed the channel" when the boot came on his TV screen.

Wide receiver Randy Moss must have been happy that Brady, accidentally or intentionally, took the spotlight off the potential distraction of the previous week, a temporary restraining order against Moss obtained by a longtime girlfriend. Moss didn't talk to reporters Thursday.

Seymour said he paid more attention to the bouquet of white flowers Brady was toting in his hand than the white boot on his foot.

"Every channel I turned to, there it was, magnifying in on the boot," he said, smiling. "To me, the good part was the flowers."

To most other people, the focus was on a simple piece of overexposed footwear similar to that worn by thousands of other athletes with minor injuries, an object that generated so many pictures and headlines and so much worry by Patriots fans.

Now that the paparazzi have moved on to other targets, would Belichick portray the boot flap as a non-issue?

"Portray it however you want," the coach said.

And wait for the injury report.

i hope he's rusty like an old door and the giants win...

LambertIsGod58
01-27-2008, 02:46 AM
I don't understand all the hoopla about Brady and this boot. He's been on the injury report for something like 57 straight weeks. He's obviously gonna play. Tom Brady is a champion. He'll play!!!

Hines0wnz
01-27-2008, 02:18 PM
I'm sick of the Belichek/Brady BS media machine. They have successfully taken the attention of the game away to hype up some BS injury. My ankle gets tweaked every time I snowboard and I dont show up to work in a boot the next day. :coffee:

touchdownward
01-27-2008, 07:07 PM
As a treat for the faithful at razor blade stadium, Brady sang a few lines from Oklahoma as a Super Bowl send off for the fans. :chuckle:

http://www.bostonherald.com/galleries/index.php?gallery_id=1157&p=13

CASTEEL
01-28-2008, 02:26 AM
I was a bit upset with myself for following that link and seeing those cheats celebrating.. until I noticed something that was just plain odd...

http://content.screencast.com/media/94a4dcc0-ac99-4ee5-b5ef-382daf73b861_85f5ae9c-443e-470b-93e0-d09bff19097b_static_0_0_00000169.png

is that his dad, or brother?......

tony hipchest
01-28-2008, 10:05 AM
I don't understand all the hoopla about Brady and this boot. He's been on the injury report for something like 57 straight weeks. He's obviously gonna play. Tom Brady is a champion. He'll play!!!its all designed to take attention away from randy moss' legal troubles and the fact that hes been shut down (long season finally wearing him down?) the last 2 games.

bootgate is contrived to deflect attention from the superstar who has this season possible.

lilyoder6
01-28-2008, 10:15 AM
i hope he steps outside and someone runs over his feet and brake both of them.. :)